PDA

View Full Version : Bucks interested in BRush and Marshon Brooks

Speed
06-21-2011, 07:46 AM
http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/article_9bf7e49a-9bc4-11e0-a358-001cc4c03286.html

GERY WOELFEL gwoelfel@journaltimes.com (http://www.journaltimes.com/search/?l=50&sd=desc&s=start_time&f=html&byline=GERY WOELFELgwoelfel@journaltimes.com)JournalTimes.com | <!-- AP Updated -->Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:05 am

The Milwaukee Bucks' interest in possibly drafting Marshon Brooks has heated up.

Brooks, a prolific shooting guard from Providence College, will work out for Bucks officials Tuesday at the team's training facility in St. Francis.

It'll mark the second time Brooks will audition for the Bucks but the first time he'll display his talents before all of the Bucks' talent evaluators.

Brooks worked out before assistant general manager Jeff Weltman and player personnel director Dave Babcock just over a week ago in Chicago.

Bucks general manager John Hammond and scouting director Billy McKinney couldn't attend the workout because they were scouting other players in Europe.
Brooks, who averaged 24.6 points a game last season, the second highest average in the nation, is one the fastest rising player in the draft.

Once considered a late first-round pick, the 6-foot-5 Brooks who has a 7-foot-1 wing span is a legitimate top 15 selection.

Seth Cohen, Brooks' agent, confirmed his client would work out for the Bucks again and added that Brooks will also work out for another lottery team, one drafting in front of the Bucks, Wednesday. Cohen wouldn't reveal the team.

"I think Marshon Brooks is going to be one of the biggest stories of the draft,'' Cohen said.

Leuer will showcase talent, too

Former University of Wisconsin standout Jon Leuer will also be among the six draft prospects working out for the Bucks Tuesday.

Mark Bartelstein, Leuer's agent, is confident his client won't have to wait around long to hear his name called by NBA commissioner David Stern.

"I think he'll go somewhere in the first round, somewhere in the 20s'' Bartelstein said. "He's a legitimate 7-footer who can shoot the heck out of the ball. And his workouts have gone really well.''

The Bucks currently have two picks, one in the first round, the 10th overall selection, and one in the second round, the 40th overall selection.

A veteran player personnel director said he believes Leuer will be chosen between 20 and 35.

After working out for the Bucks, Leuer will travel to Dallas to work out for the NBA champion Mavericks, who have the 26th pick.

Another player of note who'll be at the Cousins Center with Leuer and Brooks is forward Chris Singleton of Florida State.

The ruggedly-built Singleton, who calls himself a "modern-day Scottie Pippen, is projected to be drafted between nine and 15.

While Singleton's offensive skills need improvement, he is considered by some as the best defensive forward in the draft.

Rumor is just a rumor

So, John Hammond, any truth to the widespread rumor the Bucks are going to trade center Andrew Bogut and their top pick - No. 10 overall - to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the second overall pick in Thursday night's NBA draft?

"Absolutely not,'' Hammond responded. "None.''
Bucks won't see Motiejunas up close

Donatas Motiejunas, the skilled 7-0 power forward from Lithuania who reminds some scouts of former Buck forward Toni Kukoc, won't be working out for the Bucks.

Because of basketball commitments in Europe, Motiejunas' agent, Herb Rudoy, said his client wasn't able to work out for NBA teams until the last few days.
Motiejunas, projected as a late lottery selection, worked out for Houston (No. 14) and Philadelphia (No. 16) and will work out for the Knicks (No. 17) Tuesday.

Around the league

Look for Minnesota to relieve Kurt Rambis of his head coaching duties, possibly within the next couple of weeks. Still, there are some league insiders who claim Rambis could still retain his job by firing at least two of his assistant coaches. ... Hammond claims the Bucks will take "the best player available.'' at No. 10 - regardless of position. ...While the Bucks figure to work out several dozen draft prospects, the Orlando Magic won't work out any. The Magic have a lowly second-round pick - No. 53 overall - and feel it's a waste of everyone's time and money to work out a player that isn't likely to make their team anyway. ... The Bucks haven't tendered a qualifying offer to restricted free agent to be Luc Mbah a Moute, but that's only inevitable. The Bucks are quite fond of Mbah a Moute and undoubtedly will match any offer made to him during free agency. ... I've been told the Bucks may have some interest in Indiana shooting guard Brandon Rush, whose name has surfaced on the trading rumor mill. ... Dallas Mavs small forward Caron Butler of Racine has been assisting his ailing grandmother, Margaret Butler, who is recovering from a kidney transplant. But Butler hopes to take his family soon to Disney World. Said Butler: "That's what all the champion do.''

----------

No secret that BRush is out there to be had. He'd be a perfect fit for the Bulls if you are looking in the same division.

The Jackson shimmy
06-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Skiles and Brooks sounds like a recipe for disaster. Skiles and
Singelton sounds like a match made in heaven.

wintermute
06-21-2011, 08:00 AM
#10 for #15 and Rush? Bucks can take Brooks at #15, while we move up to take Burks or Singleton or Biyombo.

Speed
06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
#10 for #15 and Rush? Bucks can take Brooks at #15, while we move up to take Burks or Singleton or Biyombo.

I like the idea in theory, but will you like the players at #10 that much better than you'd like the players at 15

Shade
06-21-2011, 08:33 AM

If Biyombo is still on the board at #10, I do that trade without hesitation.

vnzla81
06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
I like the idea in theory, but will you like the players at #10 that much better than you'd like the players at 15

Jimmer would be there at 10th he won't be there at 15th, he is the player I like.

Shade
06-21-2011, 08:34 AM

Yes, most likely. Plus it clears Rush's contract, giving us even more cap space.

CooperManning
06-21-2011, 08:42 AM
I'd do Larry Sanders for B-Rush straight up.

duke dynamite
06-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Heck, I'd give up Rush for a late first-rounder!

Kamiyohk
06-21-2011, 08:58 AM
rush +15 pick= 10 pick

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 09:01 AM

And who would the Pacers have to take back to meet Rush's salary since the Bucks aren't below the cap at 68.8 mil?

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 09:11 AM

Absolutely! You just moved up into the lottery ahead of 5 other teams who can take who the Pacers pick at #15.

But why would Milwaukee want to do this trade to get Rush? Since they would have to send back a player, are they that intersted in getting rid of Dooling (salary matches Rush's) to have to move back 5 spots? I don't see this trade happening, it's just another rumor to me.

PR07
06-21-2011, 09:28 AM
I'd love to see this trade made. It puts us in front of Utah, and gives us a great chance to land Jimmer!

Really?
06-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Sounds like they know that Brooks is getting a lot of attention and they are trying show their interest so that if teams are interested in Brooks then they will have to take this serious and possibly offer them a trade to come up and grab him... I'm sure they will get offers.

I would like if we could do that trade someone was talking about Larry Sanders for Brush straight up. This might give the Bucks incentive not to take Brooks (if that is their true intentions) and then grab Brooks with the #15 pick. I would like that a lot.

Open up pt for Brooks, and give us another young PF with potential, especially with losing Foster. Sanders had 15pts, 10reb, and 8 blocks in 33min against Denver earlier this year...(career game), not bad for his best game of his rookie season.

ChristianDudley
06-21-2011, 09:43 AM
So the Bucks have interest in Brooks and Burks, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Rush for their pick straight up...maybe we'll add in a future 2nd round pick or something, but I think mainly it would be Rush straight up for their #10 pick. Just my speculation, though.

CooperManning
06-21-2011, 09:46 AM
So the Bucks have interest in Brooks and Burks, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Rush for their pick straight up...maybe we'll add in a future 2nd round pick or something, but I think mainly it would be Rush straight up for their #10 pick. Just my speculation, though.

Rush's value isn't close to being that high.

Kegboy
06-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Considering the double qualifier of "MAY have SOME interest", I don't think there's much here. He'd be a better backup wing than CDR, but his offensive passivity is the last thing they need. They'd take him as part of a larger trade, but I can't imagine him being worth 5 draft spots to them.

PR07
06-21-2011, 10:02 AM
It would make sense though if the Bucks feel Brooks will be there at #15, and can gain an asset while trading down a few spots.

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 10:05 AM

It doesn't work that way. Read posts #11 & 12.

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Ding ding ding! You can't trade Rush and #15 for #10 w/o taking back equal salary to Rush. Quit trying!

Gamble1
06-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Jimmer would be there at 10th he won't be there at 15th, he is the player I like.
Unless he is taken at 7 which I doubt he will be. Honestly I would target Burks if the Bucks would do Rush and the 15 for the 10th.

Edit: IF it doesn't work with the salaries then throw in Brockman or someother scrub.

90'sNBARocked
06-21-2011, 10:13 AM

Is the number 10 pick in the draft really going to be better, at least now, than Rush?

All these guys, Brooks, Burks, Thompson college wonders yes but Rush has been in the league 3 years now and has experience

I wonder what a trade involving Rush and filler for Magette and #10 would look lilke

Really?
06-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Is the number 10 pick in the draft really going to be better, at least now, than Rush?

All these guys, Brooks, Burks, Thompson college wonders yes but Rush has been in the league 3 years now and has experience

I wonder what a trade involving Rush and filler for Magette and #10 would look lilke

There is always this majestic wonder with new toys that you value more than old ones.

Plus that 3 yrs of experience goes down the drain especially when most view him as a player that hasn't progressed, they see that as his peak while everyone feels that they might be drafting the next breakout player.

Better now probably but most of these teams are trying to rebuild, or just build in some cases.

wintermute
06-21-2011, 10:38 AM
And who would the Pacers have to take back to meet Rush's salary since the Bucks aren't below the cap at 68.8 mil?

Dooling, I guess :shrug: He has a similar contract to Rush. I don't think the Bucks value him a lot, so he might make sense as a salary match.

bphil
06-21-2011, 10:40 AM

Yes. Even with this craptastic draft, the answer is still yes.

imawhat
06-21-2011, 11:33 AM

Do a Google image search for ****.

pacer4ever
06-21-2011, 11:41 AM

That might be one of the biggest understatements of the year.

Mourning
06-21-2011, 12:43 PM

Or Jonas Valanciunas IF he's still there at #10. Either way I wouldn't mind a move like this to move up to #10. take back a small contract and make it happen.

naptownmenace
06-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Absolutely! You just moved up into the lottery ahead of 5 other teams who can take who the Pacers pick at #15.

But why would Milwaukee want to do this trade to get Rush? Since they would have to send back a player, are they that intersted in getting rid of Dooling (salary matches Rush's) to have to move back 5 spots? I don't see this trade happening, it's just another rumor to me.

I'd do that trade. I happen to like Dooling and he could definitely come in and contribute when he's healthy.

McKeyFan
06-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Rush's value is low due to being that high.

Fixed.

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 01:04 PM
I'd do that trade. I happen to like Dooling and he could definitely come in and contribute when he's healthy.

The point is would Milwaukee do the trade? Do they truly value Rush that highly to move back 5 spots? If they do, they are more than welcome to him. The #10 pick puts the Pacers closer to a player who might not have been there at #15... Singleton. PLEASE NOT JIMMER!

Pacer Fan
06-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I'd rather have Rush and #15 and keep future draft pick.
Rather then having #10 & Dooling and losing future draft pick.
Some of you are starting to be desperate.

Naptown_Seth
06-21-2011, 01:07 PM
The value of the #10 pick in this draft also shouldn't be that high.

But like every year, the 2nd coming of Jordan is just bound to show up in 5 or 6 spots in the draft. Everyone's "maybe, who knows, could pan out" ends up looking a lot better than the "yeah, he's okay off the bench I guess", even though they are destined to become that same guy in 2 years.

Maybe you get a guy who can kinda help at times at pick #10....kinda like Rush does right now. This isn't even about me liking Rush as a player, I can concede his limits along with his strengths.

But look at the description here - 40% 3pt shooter, strong SG defender, good SG rebounder, not assertive enough as a true scorer, doesn't attack enough to draw fouls and raise his scoring to a solid 14-16 ppg level

Guess what the #10 pick in this draft is likely to be - the same freaking thing. Some "meh, does a few things that can kinda help, but I sure wish he didn't have problem X".

Jimmer will shoot it up and then people will get PO'd about his defense. A year later those people will start to reminisce about Rush's defense and will have started taking Jimmer's scoring for granted.

Or you'll get some PF that gets you 8 boards a night, just like Tyler and Josh. And so on.

I realize you can never say never, but you sure as h*** can say "probably not".

Rush for the #10 because you want Jimmer instead. Okay, it's a change of style and team makeup, not an overall talent increase. Bucks prefer Rush to the SG they can get at 10 because Skiles wants a defender. Makes sense.

Giving them your #15 too? The value might be low but it and Rush should give you more than #10.

bphil
06-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Rush is worthless at this point. He disappeared in the Chicago series, and Vogel chose to start a rookie SF at SG rather than run him out there. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Rush's future... he's done. If the Bucks are dumb enough to take him and #15 for #10, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Gamble1
06-21-2011, 01:21 PM

Jimmer will shoot it up and then people will get PO'd about his defense. A year later those people will start to reminisce about Rush's defense and will have started taking Jimmer's scoring for granted.

Or you'll get some PF that gets you 8 boards a night, just like Tyler and Josh. And so on.

Rush for the #10 because you want Jimmer instead. Okay, it's a change of style and team makeup, not an overall talent increase. Bucks prefer Rush to the SG they can get at 10 because Skiles wants a defender. Makes sense.

Giving them your #15 too? The value might be low but it and Rush should give you more than #10.
The problem is that we have semi redudant players and in order for us to upgrade atleast one of those positions we need to send player X out. IF thats Djones then fine but to have Brush or Djones collect DNP's most of the season does this team little good.

I think Jimmer would replace AJ and Djones could come in at the second unit to provide the defense that would help cover up Jimmers defensive liabilities to some extent.

The second unit backcourt would have a defensive stoper and slasher in Djones while Jimmer would provide the 3 point threat needed to keep defenses honest on the inside.

Trophy
06-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Take him Milwaukee.

I'd be happy to get Larry Sanders from them.

Even more happy if they were to S&T Luc Mbah a Moute to us.

90'sNBARocked
06-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Do a Google image search for ****.

sorry bro, didnt follow

Trader Joe
06-21-2011, 02:03 PM

But like every year, the 2nd coming of Jordan is just bound to show up in 5 or 6 spots in the draft. Everyone's "maybe, who knows, could pan out" ends up looking a lot better than the "yeah, he's okay off the bench I guess", even though they are destined to become that same guy in 2 years.

Maybe you get a guy who can kinda help at times at pick #10....kinda like Rush does right now. This isn't even about me liking Rush as a player, I can concede his limits along with his strengths.

But look at the description here - 40% 3pt shooter, strong SG defender, good SG rebounder, not assertive enough as a true scorer, doesn't attack enough to draw fouls and raise his scoring to a solid 14-16 ppg level

Guess what the #10 pick in this draft is likely to be - the same freaking thing. Some "meh, does a few things that can kinda help, but I sure wish he didn't have problem X".

I realize you can never say never, but you sure as h*** can say "probably not".

You're missing the point if the value of Rush to the Pacers is essentially nil and tossing him in with the 15th pick in order to move up 5 spots to get the guy you want gets it done, why wouldn't you do it? Rush has no value to the Pacers right now IMO.

EDIT: And for the record after the Miami game 15 games into the season, Rush's defense was **** poor. In fact he was our worst wing defender by a large margin in the Chicago series.

troyc11a
06-21-2011, 02:07 PM

If the answer is Klay Thompson then we just upgraded Brandon Rush without giving up anything.

CableKC
06-21-2011, 02:09 PM
The Bucks have a Salary cap of $50 mil on the books. I could be wrong...but they may not need to give up any salary to take on BRush.

Gamble1
06-21-2011, 02:10 PM
You're missing the point if the value of Rush to the Pacers is essentially nil and tossing him in with the 15th pick in order to move up 5 spots to get the guy you want gets it done, why wouldn't you do it? Rush has no value to the Pacers right now IMO.

EDIT: And for the record after the Miami game 15 games into the season, Rush's defense was **** poor. In fact he was our worst wing defender by a large margin in the Chicago series.
Don't underestimate Dunleavy now..;)

Gamble1
06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
The Bucks have a Salary cap of $50 mil on the books. I could be wrong...but they may not need to give up any salary to take on BRush.
Thats after the draft and a new cba.

CableKC
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Drafting at 10 would put the Pacers in the position to draft one of the top 2 SGs in the draft and Jimmer. If all it costs us is BRush and possibly taking on Jon Brockman...that is worth it.

At worst, we get a top 2 SG in the draft ( Burks or Klay ) and Jimmer....at best....we jave the opportunity to deal with Teams to trade down that maybe interested in anybody at 10 and below.

Dr. Awesome
06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
I don't understand all this hate for Brush.

I get frustrated with the fact that he is not as good as he could be, but he's still a hell of a lot better than pretty much 99% of the people on this board give him credit for.

Anthem
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't understand all this hate for Brush.

I get frustrated with the fact that he is not as good as he could be, but he's still a hell of a lot better than pretty much 99% of the people on this board give him credit for.
Absolutely.

I guarantee there will be players taken before #15 who never end up as good as Brandon Rush.

Speed
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
If BRush played for Chicago, he'd start imo, and he'd be much more valued across the league. Chicago would want him to do exactly what he's capable/willing to do and he'd excel. He'd never have to dribble, make decisions. He could just play very good defense and knock down standing 3s.

Its a perfect match.

The very reason I'd never trade him there, if I was the Pacers, unless it got you a nice return, like Taj Gibson.

troyc11a
06-21-2011, 02:29 PM
If BRush played for Chicago, he'd start imo, and he'd be much more valued across the league. Chicago would want him to do exactly what he's capable/willing to do and he'd excel. He'd never have to dribble, make decisions. He could just play very good defense and knock down standing 3s.

Its a perfect match.

The very reason I'd never trade him there, if I was the Pacers, unless it got you a nice return, like Taj Gibson.

Maybe give them BRush and the #15 for Gibson and their 2 picks then?

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 02:38 PM

You are wrong. Current Bucks salary is 68.8 mil. It doesn't change to 50 mil until July 1.

IF the Bucks would take the trade of #15 and Rush for #10 and Ersan Ilyasova, salaries match, I'll personally drive Rush up to Milwaukee. I know that is a dream, but it's a dream I'd like to see come true. There is a forward who can play smashmouth BB!

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Maybe give them BRush and the #15 for Gibson and their 2 picks then?

I don't think that is a bad deal. I like Taj, and the 28 & 30 picks could be turned into a # of good players like Darius Morris. I doubt that Chicago would be willing to let Taj go, but I like the deal.

90'sNBARocked
06-21-2011, 02:45 PM

Its a perfect match.

Speed...Get out of my head!!!

Eric P in Naptown:
Hey Luke Would a Brandon Rush for Taj Gibson trade make sense? I think it would benefit both teams, I mean no one is touching Boozers contract right?

Luke Byrnes:
That would make sense for the Pacers, but I can't see the Bulls trading a talented young big man like Taj Gibson for a player like Brandon Rush. That isn't a knock on Rush, who is a good player, but Gibson is a key piece in a stingy Bulls defense. His ability to rebound and defend multiple positions is difficult to find. If the Bulls trade Taj, it will be to bring back a piece that elevates them from championship contenders to title front-runners. Rush isn't that guy.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=1695#ixzz1PwCMKSwp

troyc11a
06-21-2011, 02:47 PM
I don't think that is a bad deal. I like Taj, and the 28 & 30 picks could be turned into a # of good players like Darius Morris. I doubt that Chicago would be willing to let Taj go, but I like the deal.

Mainly because teams do not want to be picking 28 and 30. The Bulls have already said they plan to trade one of those picks (Maybe both I cant remember!)

Edit: I just looked a Gibson's career numbers and they are not very good. I was going on what I saw during the playoffs and not the overall body of work (Austin Croshere anyone)? Not sure that is as good a deal as I thought. Still do-able, just not nearly as excited about it.

Ozwalt72
06-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Edit: I just looked a Gibson's career numbers and they are not very good. I was going on what I saw during the playoffs and not the overall body of work (Austin Croshere anyone)? Not sure that is as good a deal as I thought. Still do-able, just not nearly as excited about it.

He's solid as a first big off the bench. He'd make us better, but he is a little bit redundant with Hansbrough.

Edit: Similar games with opposite strengths.

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 03:04 PM
I'd do Larry Sanders , #10 for Rush and #15 and not look back.

Rush for #28 and #30 isnt bad either. Basically Reggie Jackson and Jeremy Tyler for Rush

troyc11a
06-21-2011, 03:08 PM
He's solid as a first big off the bench. He'd make us better, but he is a little bit redundant with Hansbrough.

He would make us better. Gibson for defense and Hans for offense. They might be an excellent combo since they would compliment each other. Late in the game when a stop is needed = Gibson. When points are needed = Tyler! I like the combo and it would not be really expensive. Money left over to go get a scorer sometime in the next two years!

troyc11a
06-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Rush for #28 and #30 isnt bad either. Basically Reggie Jackson and Jeremy Tyler for Rush

I dont know much about Sanders. He is by definition what we need = guy who can play both PF/C.

Does he play any defense? Rebound? He does block almost as many shots as Hibbert in almost 1/2 the time.

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 03:17 PM
I dont know much about Sanders. He is by definition what we need = guy who can play both PF/C.

Does he play any defense? Rebound? He does block almost as many shots as Hibbert in almost 1/2 the time.
He's a beast defensively. Very raw offensively though. He's got a 7'7" wingspan.

Sanders has experienced ups and downs as a rookie while learning his way in the NBA. Still raw offensively, he has shown flashes of the skills and potential that intrigued Milwaukee and other pro teams: His shot-blocking talent and ability to run the floor as a big man.

In a game against Denver, he scored 14 points, had 10 rebounds and blocked eight shots. It was the most blocks by a rookie since 2007, when Sean Williams had eight for New Jersey, and the most by a Bucks rookie since 1982, when Alton Lister had nine.

It also tied for third on the Bucks' all-time list.

Sanders has produced other games with either double-digit points or rebounds. He had 10 points, six rebounds and two blocks in 29 minutes against Miami.

He's also had games where he didn't get off the bench or got into foul trouble, something that plagued him in college.

Sanders fouled out of a game against Memphis in just 15 minutes. The next night, against Minnesota, he picked up five fouls in 20 minutes.

He is averaging 4.2 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.4 blocks and 15 minutes per game. Sanders is shooting just 39 percent (38 of 96) and 57.1 percent (12 of 21) on free throws.

troyc11a
06-21-2011, 03:25 PM
He's a beast defensively. Very raw offensively though. He's got a 7'7" wingspan.

I could really care less about offense. If it is there it is only icing.
We need a bruiser who can clean the glass and alter shots - D-Squared redo!

If he is 22 and a beast on defense. No way he is available for the 15.

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Don't really know where to put this so I'll settle for this thread.

I was reading some Nuggets forums and they said they would do James Posey + #15 for Raymond Felton.

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 03:33 PM

He's had really bad foul trouble though. He fouled out in like 15 minutes one game. Inconsistent, much like the PF version of Rush.

troyc11a
06-21-2011, 03:36 PM
He's had really bad foul trouble though. He fouled out in like 15 minutes one game. Inconsistent, much like the PF version of Rush.

But he is 22 and bigs mature slower than guards.

bballpacen
06-21-2011, 03:49 PM

May I present you with Brandon Rush...

D-BONE
06-21-2011, 04:10 PM

I was reading some Nuggets forums and they said they would do James Posey + #15 for Raymond Felton.

They must be out of their minds! Talk about highway robbery.

ECKrueger
06-21-2011, 04:12 PM

I would rather have Rush and 15 than Jimmer. Very much rather.

However, Reggie and Jeremy would be ok to me.

If I were to do one of those trades, I would 10x rather have 28 and 30.

troyc11a
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
May I present you with Brandon Rush...

That makes no sense. B Rush is a guard.

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
I would rather have Rush and 15 than Jimmer. Very much rather.

However, Reggie and Jeremy would be ok to me.

If I were to do one of those trades, I would 10x rather have 28 and 30.

The only reason why I wouldnt want this trade to happen because theres a stronger possibilty that we would draft Jimmer, that I don't want either. If I was the GM, I'd take this deal , draft biyombo or Jonas V. and never look back.

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Unfortunately, I don't see Denver's PTB feeling the sameway. :(

judicata
06-21-2011, 05:50 PM
How about Rush + 15 for the Bucks 2012 first rounder? I have faith that Jennings will shoot them back in to the lottery.

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 06:37 PM
How about Rush + 15 for the Bucks 2012 first rounder? I have faith that Jennings will shoot them back in to the lottery.
Exactly what I was thinking but I wouldn't give them the 15. Maybe Rush and 42 for next year.

Really?
06-21-2011, 08:23 PM
I wonder who will be the first team that will trade their 2012 pick.... I am putting my money on the Lakers, possibly heat...

Thing about this draft and most drafts is that players with in a certain range are all equivalent as far as play but may play different positions... I think that the talent that you get at thee 20th pick will be the same as what we get at the 15th just a different position....

Since we have a lot off areas to get good ate I wouldn't mind trading back and grabbing someone later.... really wouldn't mind adding another 2012 pick if possibly, we could really trade to the mid 20's grab a pick for next year if someone would be silly enough to give up that pick and then draft someone else.

We could take a chance on JaJuan or even Josh Selby...or Jeremy Tyler... and then hope to hit it big next year.... but really it is whatever... not expecting much out of this draft anyway, maybe something to get excited about even though I know ultimately it probably wont make a difference who we draft.

speakout4
06-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Rush is worthless at this point. He disappeared in the Chicago series, and Vogel chose to start a rookie SF at SG rather than run him out there. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Rush's future... he's done. If the Bucks are dumb enough to take him and #15 for #10, I'd do that in a heartbeat.
You need a Ouija board to figure out whether Brandon will decide to get his head in the game. Why would any team decide they could get any consistency out of him?

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 08:36 PM
I really really want Larry Sanders. He has so much potential. Larry Sanders for the #15 pick I'd do if Rush was traded for picks #28 and #30. We'de get: Larry Sanders, #28, #30 for Rush, #15. :fingerscr

wseward
06-21-2011, 08:45 PM
I was reading some of Adam Wojo's tweets today. In one of his tweets he mentioned that some of his "sources" at the Rockets and Pistons both stated they will be passing on Kemba. Assuming he drops past the Kings, as the Maloofs love Jimmer, and gets all the way down to #10, it could get interesting.

I would love to trade up for #10 snag Kemba and never look back. I have seen #10 w/Larry Sanders for #15w/ BRush, I think that deal works out great.

Bucks get to move down and get Marshon and BRush, they add tons of depth at the 2 spot.

On the other hand Pacers get a young prospect at the 4 spot who could fill out, and a PG who can come in and be a playmaker instantly.

I am probably dreaming, but man that would be a great deal. Lets just hope Kemba gets past the Bobcats.

spreedom
06-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Still do-able, just not nearly as excited about it.

:twss:

pacer4ever
06-21-2011, 08:58 PM
I was reading some of Adam Wojo's tweets today. In one of his tweets he mentioned that some of his "sources" at the Rockets and Pistons both stated they will be passing on Kemba. Assuming he drops past the Kings, as the Maloofs love Jimmer, and gets all the way down to #10, it could get interesting.

I would love to trade up for #10 snag Kemba and never look back. I have seen #10 w/Larry Sanders for #15w/ BRush, I think that deal works out great.

Bucks get to move down and get Marshon and BRush, they add tons of depth at the 2 spot.

On the other hand Pacers get a young prospect at the 4 spot who could fill out, and a PG who can come in and be a playmaker instantly.

I am probably dreaming, but man that would be a great deal. Lets just hope Kemba gets past the Bobcats.

Bobcats will take him

judicata
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Kemba does not excite me in any way for this Pacers team.

ChristianDudley
06-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Well I keep reading in many places that there's a deal in place for the Bucks to trade the 10th pick for the 14th and 23rd picks from the Rockets. Looks like Rush won't be going to the Bucks for the 10th pick, at least right now.

BornReady
06-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Well I keep reading in many places that there's a deal in place for the Bucks to trade the 10th pick for the 14th and 24rd picks from the Rockets. Looks like Rush won't be going to the Bucks for the 10th pick, at least right now.

man, the Bucks are lucky x.x

ChristianDudley
06-21-2011, 09:33 PM
My bad, I meant to put the 23rd pick...edited it in my post now.

Pacersalltheway10
06-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Then I'd still trade Rush, #15 for Larry Sanders and #14.

Rush is worthless to me but the Bucks and Bucks fans seem to like him from what I've read. Take Biyombo or Jonas V. and run with it.

or Rush, #15 to Houston for #14 if all else fails.

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Rush and the 15th will not get you the #1 pick. Nor does Houston have it :)

MrHale
06-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Better have a backup plan cuz if he's a guy u really want then u Just take him at 10

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 01:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/30546/latest-draft-buzz-kings-no-7-for-felton
Chad Ford

• Sounds like the Bucks also are very open to moving down a few spots in the draft. Both the Rockets (Nos. 14 and 23) and the Pacers (No. 15 and Brandon Rush) appear to be possibilities. . YES! Larry Sanders and #10 for Rush,AJ Price, #15, get it done Larry!

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 01:03 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/30546/latest-draft-buzz-kings-no-7-for-felton
Chad Ford

. YES! Larry Sanders and #10 for Rush, #15, get it done Larry!

Sanders is not a throw in i mean he was the 15th pick last year. I would be ecstatic if Rush netted us 5 spots. I really didn't think he had that much value.(especially with a team with as much defense as the Bucks.

CooperManning
06-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Chad Ford

As awesome is that would be, there's no way Sanders is included. He was their #15 last year and had a decent rookie season. They're not going to give him up for the privilege of moving down and getting Rush. I'd be thrilled to swap Rush/Sanders and keep 15.

CooperManning
06-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Who's the target if we move to #10? Jimmer? Biyombo? Burks? Here's Hoops Reports' guess as to what the lottery's draft boards looks like, could help us figure out who will be available:

CLEVELAND
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Williams
Enes Kanter
JOnas Valanciunas

MINNESOTA
Derrick Williams
Kyrie Irving

UTAH
Derrick Williams
Brandon Knight
Enes Kanter
Jimmer Fredette
Kemba Walker

TORONTO
Brandon Knight
Kemba Walker
Jonas Valanciunas
Jan Vesely

WASHINGTON
Enes Kanter
Jan Vesely
Kawhi Leonard

SACRAMENTO
Kemba Walker
Jan Vesely
Kawhi Leonard
Jimmer Fredette

DETROIT
Kawhi Leonard
Kemba Walker
Tristan Thompson
Bismack Biyombo

CHARLOTTE
Jonas Valanciunas
Marcus Morris
Tristan Thompson
Chris Singleton

MILWAUKEE
Alec Burks
Klay Thompson
Marshon Brooks

GOLDEN STATE
Klay Thompson
Alec Burks
Bismack Biyombo

UTAH
Jan Vesely
Chris Singleton
Jimmer Fredette

PHOENIX
Chris Singleton
Tristan Thompson
Jimmer Fredette

HOUSTON
Tristan Thompson
Marcus Morris
Donatas Motiejunas
Nikola Vucevic
Jimmer Fredette
Bismack Biyombo

Edit: http://thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=753

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 01:08 AM
One thing I've learned from following GMs, is that you should never doubt them to make stupid decisions. Of course it's a dream. Dooling most likely would be included instead which is still great value for Rush.

wseward
06-22-2011, 01:09 AM
Kemba does not excite me in any way for this Pacers team.

Don't understand how a player who is explosive, can get to the rim, and plays solid defense doesn't excite you. His only real knock is his size and shoot first mentality, but if you watch some tape he was an excellent passer.

Not to mention the intangibles of leading his team through 12 straight tourney games to win the Big East and NCAA if that doesn't speak about the will and drive of Kemba I don't know what does.

I personally think Kemba is getting dogged a little bit by the draft experts.

imbtyler
06-22-2011, 01:11 AM

I'd take Reggie Jackson and JaJuan Johnson. Or else, Jeremy Tyler, Josh Selby, and/or Darius Morris.

CooperManning
06-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Would you rather have #10 or #15 and #23? Thoughts on this 3-way?:

Milwaukee gets Rush and #14
Houston gets #10
Pacers get #23

BornReady
06-22-2011, 01:19 AM

Milwaukee gets Rush and #17
Houston gets #10
Pacers get #23

15 and 23. I don't think there is anybody that I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get at 10, and I think I'd be perfectly content drafting at 15. Getting 23 is just an added bonus :)

Psyren
06-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Chad Ford

If I were Milwaukee, I'd take Houstons deal over ours :cry:

I Love P
06-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Rush for the 60th pick. Anything to get him out of town. I hope that 15/Rush for 10 goes down. Nothing but rumors, nothing will go down.

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 01:22 AM
I'd take Reggie Jackson and JaJuan Johnson. Or else, Jeremy Tyler, Josh Selby, and/or Darius Morris.

You and I are on the exact same page. Reggie and JJ would be great to me, and the other three are my "second choices." Not at 15 obviously, but just in general.

I also would not mind getting E'Twaun Moore :)

ilive4sports
06-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Don't understand how a player who is explosive, can get to the rim, and plays solid defense doesn't excite you. His only real knock is his size and shoot first mentality, but if you watch some tape he was an excellent passer.

Not to mention the intangibles of leading his team through 12 straight tourney games to win the Big East and NCAA if that doesn't speak about the will and drive of Kemba I don't know what does.

Couldn't agree more. He can just flat out play. He's 6'1" in shoes, small but not too small. He just has a knack for making plays and getting it done. His run through the Big East and NCAA tournament, damn good.

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 01:25 AM

Milwaukee gets Rush and #17
Houston gets #10
Pacers get #23

15# and #23 easily hardly any differencein talent this year from #10 to #23

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 01:27 AM
I would, by far, rather have the 15 and 23. There is no one at 10 that I would prefer to some one at 15, and there are other guys I would like to pick up also.

Not to mention we would possibly get Jimmer at 10 and I do not support that.

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Pacers get: Dooling, #14,#23

Houston gets: #10

Bucks get: Rush, 15

BornReady
06-22-2011, 02:50 AM
Pacers get: Dooling, #14,#23

Bucks get: Rush, 15

I am down!

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 02:55 AM
Pacers get: Dooling, (keep #15) ,#23

Bucks get: Rush, 14

I don't know seems like that could get MIL to bite

CooperManning
06-22-2011, 03:03 AM

I'd throw a future 2nd to one of them too, if pressed. Would love to add the #23.

pwee31
06-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Moving up to #10 sounds like Jimmer to me... could be smokescreen, but sounds like Jimmer.

With Jazz and Suns a possibility at #12 and #13, that's one reason to jump in front of them. Only other reason being you expect someone to drop, and I has sounded like it could be Jonas or Kemba Walker.

Only thing that throws me off with Jimmer, is we have Collison, and Bird still sounds really high on Stephenson at PG is my guess. I mean even Price is still on the roster.

NapTonius Monk
06-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Rush for the 60th pick. Anything to get him out of town. I hope that 15/Rush for 10 goes down. Nothing but rumors, nothing will go down.
:rolleyes: Come on now, seriously? I know Rush has his flaws, but you need to get some value back for him. He can shoot and defend. I wouldn't just give him away.

Justin Tyme
06-22-2011, 10:45 AM

I really like that trade. Dooling is an expiring and with the #15 and #23 the Pacers could pick up some nice players.

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I really want Larry Sanders. I hope the Pacers are interested .

Pacers get: Larry Sanders, #28,#30

Bucks get: #15,#42, #14, #23

Bulls get: Rush

Psyren
06-22-2011, 04:38 PM
I really want Larry Sanders. I hope the Pacers are interested .

Pacers get: Larry Sanders, #28,#30

Bucks get: #15,#42, #14, #23

Bulls get: Rush

I don't want to move that far down in the 1st round just to rid ourselves of Rush and get Larry Sanders.

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 04:39 PM
I would like that 23 to come to us.

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't want to move that far down in the 1st round just to rid ourselves of Rush and get Larry Sanders.

Larry Sanders is really bad. Just go read the Bucks board.They say he cant play center because he is too small. But they say he is even worse at PF :laugh:. He is incredibly raw and old for how raw he is.

Doddage
06-22-2011, 04:40 PM
I'd be down with the scenario of trading Rush for a late 1st, and then doing a deal where we trade the #15 down with Chicago for their #28 and #30.

With those three late 1sts, we could get probably get some combo of Reggie Jackson, JaJuan Johnson, Josh Selby, and Jeremy Tyler. Sounds better to me than going with the BPA at 15.

A.B.Hollywood
06-22-2011, 04:41 PM

exactly.

Kemba is this years version of Ty Lawson, who btw (if they trade Felton) will be an All Star next season. Book it.

Not that this matters anyways. No way Kemba would be there at #10. I love the idea though of Rush +15 for #10 + Sanders. But that also to me is wishful thinking. It's likely Rush +15 for the #10 alone (minus cap filler).

At #10 I'd then want to shop that one to one of those overzealous Jimmer people (or whomever) and turn that into something else as well.

Hicks
06-22-2011, 04:44 PM
I was just listening to Morway's inteview with Grady this morning, and he didn't exactly shoot down the Rush/15 for 10 rumor. Not that I think it'll happen, but I don't think it's a lie that it's "out there" either.

ECKrueger
06-22-2011, 04:49 PM
I'd be down with the scenario of trading Rush for a late 1st, and then doing a deal where we trade the #15 down with Chicago for their #28 and #30.

With those three late 1sts, we could get probably get some combo of Reggie Jackson, JaJuan Johnson, Josh Selby, and Jeremy Tyler. Sounds better to me than going with the BPA at 15.

Yes, please. All of those guys have great potential. Draft picks should be easy to come by this year also, so I think it is a good time to take a chance.

Pacersalltheway10
06-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Larry Sanders is really bad. Just go read the Bucks board.They say he cant play center because he is too small. But they say he is even worse at PF :laugh:. He is incredibly raw and old for how raw he is.

Yet you don't think they would trade Sanders, #10 for Rush, #15?

pacer4ever
06-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Yet you don't think they would trade Sanders, #10 for Rush, #15?

no because John Hammond likes him their is a difference between fans disliking him and the FO disliking him. He is their project.