PDA

View Full Version : Flynn 4 Douglas

InYaFace
06-19-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2011/06/19/2011-06-19_knicks_target_backup_point_guard_could_deal_ton ey_douglas_to_minnesota_for_jonny.html

What do you think about trading the Number 6 Pick for the 29th pick of the 2009 draft?

Who do you guys like more?

pacer4ever
06-19-2011, 04:45 PM
I dislike both of them equally both are bad basketball players IMO. Flynn should of went in the 20s in 09 but had a late surge. I wouldn't of drafted him until the 20s if i was a gm.

Pacersalltheway10
06-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Seems like a wash to me.

itzryan07
06-19-2011, 05:09 PM
damn i swear i remember flynn having a good rookie year and then this last year he had to recover from hip surgery. Idk what happened

Sookie
06-19-2011, 05:09 PM
I dislike both of them equally both are bad basketball players IMO. Flynn should of went in the 20s in 09 but had a late surge. I wouldn't of drafted him until the 20s if i was a gm.

It was that 6 OT game.

This deal suggests the talks with the Pacers were probably Rush/Price/15th for Douglas.

pacer4ever
06-19-2011, 05:14 PM
It was that 6 OT game.

This deal suggests the talks with the Pacers were probably Rush/Price/15th for Douglas.

That is why he went so early that stupid game he was so overrated. I stayed up until like 3am watching that live it was pretty epic. But Jflynn is like 5'10 just stupid to draft a pg that small that high. Especially after picking Rubio the pick before kahn deserves a :picard: for that

Sookie
06-19-2011, 05:17 PM
That is why he went so early that stupid game he was so overrated. I stayed up until like 3am watching that live it was pretty epic. But Jflynn is like 5'10 just stupid to draft a pg that small that high. Especially after picking Rubio the pick before kahn deserves a :picard: for that

That game still makes me sick.

I don't think I actually could watch it again. :laugh:

But yea, between the hype of that game and his athleticism, that boosted his stock. I give players a year or two after injuries before I declare they suck though. He wasn't bad his rookie season. Better than the group of about ten pretty good point guards from that year's draft..probably not. I agree though. Definitely picked too soon.

imawhat
06-19-2011, 05:19 PM
At least Douglas is a really good defender on the ball. He's one of the better players in the league at that. His shot selection however is horrible. If he had good shot selection he'd be a valuable player.

Still, I think this is a good deal for Minnesota as they at least get an upgrade in a much needed area. I never understood the love for Flynn. He looked like a poor man's TJ Ford with less ability.

itzryan07
06-19-2011, 05:26 PM
At least Douglas is a really good defender on the ball. He's one of the better players in the league at that. His shot selection however is horrible. If he had good shot selection he'd be a valuable player.

Still, I think this is a good deal for Minnesota as they at least get an upgrade in a much needed area. I never understood the love for Flynn. He looked like a poor man's TJ Ford with less ability.

yea he gets Three point happy

imawhat
06-19-2011, 05:28 PM
He's a good shooter when spotting up, but he has a very nasty habit of pulling up for threes in transition with nobody to get to the rebound. I'd estimate that he'd be a 40%+ guy from three if he didn't take dumb shots.

Doddage
06-19-2011, 06:09 PM
I like this for the Knicks actually. It could be a potential steal. Granted, Flynn hasn't been successful thus far in the league, but he's got upside and perhaps a change a scenery (going back to his homestate, at that) is what he needs.

Larry Staverman
06-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Minnesota wants to move Flynn because they signed Rubio and they have a glut at point guard

NY wants to upgrade their backup point guard by trading Douglas for Flynn

How does this make sense for Minnesota?

More delusional fantasy by NY writers grasping at straws because they have no worthwhile assets they can trade because Dolan got fleeced by Denver in the Melo trade!

naptownmenace
06-20-2011, 02:58 PM
yea he gets Three point happy

And AJ Price doesn't?

The Pacers could trade Price for Douglas and I think the Pacers would get the slightly better end of the deal.