PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown Larry nbadraft targets - Base on workout name list

Kamiyohk
06-19-2011, 02:50 AM
So Larry looking at 3 players in nbadraft this friday at 15 pick.

So who worth 15 pick? - Base on workout name list until 19 June.

Darius Morris, Marcus Morris, Tobias Harris, Jimmer Fredette, Tyler Honeycutt, Jordan Hamilton, Markieff Morris, Klay Thompson, Marshon Brooks, Kenneth Faried
Others? not close..

1st Ties (7-15 Pick)
Jimmer Fredette, Marcus Morris

2nd Ties (10-18 Pick)
Marshon Brooks, Jordan Hamilton, Klay Thompson, Markieff Morris,

3rd Ties (15- 25 Pick)
Darius Morris, Kenneth Faried, Tobias Harris, Tyler Honeycutt

- Larry said he is looking at 3 players before Kenneth Faried workout, So he is out.
- Jimmer Fredette is one of the 3 players (Any argument? But he should be gone already,and Larry also said 1/3 should be gone)
- 70% Players from the pacers workout are Wing Players (Guess what
? High % draft a Wing Player).
- Marcus Morris, Marshon Brooks, Jordan Hamilton, Klay Thompson ? Larry likes 2 of them.
- However, Marcus Morris should be gone before 15 pick as well.

Conclution: Jimmer Fredette, Marshon Brooks, Jordan Hamilton, Klay Thompson 3 of 4 are Larry's targets.
But i think Larry want Klay Thompson <---Why put his brother in the workout? make any sense to you :)

CableKC
06-19-2011, 02:58 AM
Damnit...Singleton wasn't on the workout list yet?

Since I don't think that Jimmer will be there....short of Brooks.....Hamilton and Thompson don't really excite me.

I hope that we try to make a run at JJ Hickson with #15 and buy another rounder in the late teens to early 20s.

pacer4ever
06-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Larry and the FO had Reggie Jackson scheduled to workout but he canceled. Any other players cancel?

But basing it off workouts is crazy

Larry said he is looking at 3 players before Kenneth Faried workout, So he is out.

So the 4 years of college don't count as reason to draft him?

comments like this make me mad.

and why would Larry tell his hand like you are suggesting in this thread? Most GMs are playing a poker game with each other and just posturing with what they say and what gets put out to the media. This is ludicrous IMO.

pacer4ever
06-19-2011, 03:05 AM

Since I don't think that Jimmer will be there....short of Brooks.....Hamilton and Thompson don't really excite me.

I hope that we try to make a run at JJ Hickson with #15 and buy another rounder in the late teens to early 20s.

Ya so i think Larry would pass :rolleyes:

They aren't gonna pass on player just because they don't work them out. Watching college game footage tells more about a player than watching silly workouts. Chris didn't want to work out with the Pacers to show his stock is higher(im sure his agent told him not to work out for anyone past the lottery). But if he drops you better believe we would take him. I doubt we worked out Danny Granger before we drafted him.(i may be wrong but he was project top 10 that draft)

Kamiyohk
06-19-2011, 03:07 AM

Yes, Singleton wasn't there.

I think Larry want D Williams, Why he try to get a 2nd pick and talking with Cleveland? I guess he likes Williams > Granger.

Kamiyohk
06-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Larry and the FO had Reggie Jackson scheduled to workout but he canceled. Any other players cancel?

and why would Larry tell his hand like you are suggesting in this thread? Most GMs are playing a poker game with each other and just posturing with what they say and what gets put out to the media. This is ludicrous IMO.

Even Reggie Jackson workout for Pacers, he is not project 15 pick?

Why Larry plays a poker game because of target 3 players? If he said a name, maybe porker game....
But any difference between 3 / 4 / 5 targets? Means nothing..
So how about if Larry said we have 5 targets in draft night? Misleading something?

Kenneth Faried (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kenneth-faried) is not Larry favour, Whatever..
And he is only a 3rd Ties players in the workout list.

Moreover....the Thread Title is Base on workout name list..
Otherwise, If D williams still available at 15 pick, i guess larry will think about it again?

pacer4ever
06-19-2011, 03:18 AM
Even Reggie Jackson workout for Pacers, he is not project 15 pick?

Why Larry plays a poker game because of target 3 players? If he said a name, maybe porker game....
But any difference between 3 / 4 / 5 targets? Means nothing?
So how about if Larry said we have 5 targets in draft night? Misleading something?

Kenneth Faried (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kenneth-faried) is not Larry favour, Whatever?
And he is only a 3rd Ties players in the workout list.

You saying we aren't drafting Faried because Bird made a comment he likes 4 players prior to his workout is ludicrous. Making assumptions based off what Bird says isn't a great idea i mean he said the same thing last year. Larry could be targeting a number of guys even guys who didnt workout with us. What he says in interviews should be taken with a grain of salt IMO. Like i said GM are all playing a game of poker they don't want to show their hand.

pacer4ever
06-19-2011, 03:21 AM
I think Tristan Thompson is a guy Bird is looking at and he didn't workout with us.(his choice i believe)

Kamiyohk
06-19-2011, 03:25 AM
You saying we aren't drafting Faried because Bird made a comment he likes 4 players prior to his workout is ludicrous. Making assumptions based off what Bird says isn't a great idea i mean he said the same thing last year. Larry could be targeting a number of guys even guys who didnt workout with us. What he says in interviews should be taken with a grain of salt IMO. Like i said GM are all playing a game of poker they don't want to show their hand.

Understand that we don't know who is going to be selected this friday.
Anything can happen during draft night, but i just made expectation under pobability theory and workout name list. That can be meaningless.

Kemo
06-19-2011, 04:23 AM
I have a feeling , that we are going to see some sort of major pick/trade+ more picks from Larry on draft night...
And a player(s) from our roster traded .

I think everyone on here will be shocked at the exciting moves we make and players we take on draft night...

6/19/2011

lol

Richard_Skull
06-19-2011, 04:40 AM
I just keep hoping Bismack falls to us. With everyone else, I don't know how I'll feel.

And I believe Danny did workout with us. I remember reading where Larry thanked him for coming because he didn't think there was anyway DG would fall.

Heisenberg
06-19-2011, 04:56 AM
Didn't actually cancel but Alec Burks and Tristan Thompson refused workouts here

BBALL56HACKER
06-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Understand that we don't know who is going to be selected this friday.
Anything can happen during draft night, but i just made expectation under pobability theory and workout name list. That can be meaningless.

I think the draft is on THURSDAY night not friday. I would have no problems with BROOKS or even using it in a trade .

Kamiyohk
06-19-2011, 12:28 PM
HongKong 7:30 am in the morning this friday..

pwee31
06-19-2011, 12:44 PM

Darius Morris, Marcus Morris, Tobias Harris, Jimmer Fredette, Tyler Honeycutt, Jordan Hamilton, Markieff Morris, Klay Thompson, Marshon Brooks, Kenneth Faried
Others? not close..

1st Ties (7-15 Pick)

2nd Ties (10-18 Pick)

3rd Ties (15- 25 Pick)

- Larry said he is looking at 3 players before Kenneth Faried workout, So he is out.
- Jimmer Fredette is one of the 3 players (Any argument? But he should be gone already,and Larry also said 1/3 should be gone)
- Marcus Morris, Marshon Brooks, Jordan Hamilton, Klay Thompson ? Larry likes 2 of them.

Conclution: Jimmer Fredette, Marshon Brooks, Jordan Hamilton, Klay Thompson 3 of 4 are Larry's targets.
But i think Larry want Klay Thompson <---Why put his brother in the workout? make any sense to you :)

I completely agree with this concept, and how's it's been narrowed down. I think Jimmer, Marshon and Klay are the 3 as well. One will more than likely be gone by #15, and possibly 2, but I think those are the 3 targets.

I think we'll address big men through trade and free agency, perhaps one with a 2nd round pick.

As for those downplaying workouts, because of body of work, look at the past Pacers draft selections. I believe A.J Price who was taken late in the 2nd round, was the only player the Pacers have drafted recently that did not come in for a workout.

Paul George, Stephenson, and Magnum Rolle were all in last year. Hansbrough was in the year before.

Bayless dropped to us in 2008, and we traded him for Rush who came in for workout, and Hibbert came in for a workout as well. Same goes for Shawne Williams, and even Granger was scheduled for a late workout when the Pacers saw that he was falling in the draft.

Now I'm sure if some big known like Williams, Knight, Walker, Kanter or someone like that fell, the Pacers would select them, but otherwise, the Pacers will pick from the lists of guys they've worked out.

If they end up drafting someone they didn't have in for a workout, there's likely a trade in the works

IndyPacer
06-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I doubt we worked out Danny Granger before we drafted him.(i may be wrong but he was project top 10 that draft)

You're wrong about that. Danny Granger DID work out for the Pacers, although it was admittedly a surpise to the Pacers that he did. I suspected that they were planning to trade up to pick Granger, a player I REALLY wanted to see come here, as I personally viewed him as a top 5 player in that draft. Stunningly, no trade happened and he still fell right into Indiana's lap at #17. It was one of the most shocking things I've seen in Pacers draft history.

This bizarre story may actually provide some support to the idea that working out with teams with lower picks could somehow contribute to lowering your draft stock. Most of it was probably related to the knee injury Danny had suffered earlier that year, but it's possible that there were other influences as well. That said, PLEASE work out for us Alec Burks and Chris Singleton! :laugh:

Justin Tyme
06-19-2011, 01:15 PM

I asked this question a few weeks ago, has Bird ever drafted a 1st round pick he didn't workout? If not, then looking at who Bird has in for workouts makes sense.

Justin Tyme
06-19-2011, 01:22 PM
I completely agree with this concept, and how's it's been narrowed down. I think Jimmer, Marshon and Klay are the 3 as well. One will more than likely be gone by #15, and possibly 2, but I think those are the 3 targets.

I think we'll address big men through trade and free agency, perhaps one with a 2nd round pick.

As for those downplaying workouts, because of body of work, look at the past Pacers draft selections. I believe A.J Price who was taken late in the 2nd round, was the only player the Pacers have drafted recently that did not come in for a workout.

Paul George, Stephenson, and Magnum Rolle were all in last year. Hansbrough was in the year before.

Bayless dropped to us in 2008, and we traded him for Rush who came in for workout, and Hibbert came in for a workout as well. Same goes for Shawne Williams, and even Granger was scheduled for a late workout when the Pacers saw that he was falling in the draft.

Now I'm sure if some big known like Williams, Knight, Walker, Kanter or someone like that fell, the Pacers would select them, but otherwise, the Pacers will pick from the lists of guys they've worked out.

If they end up drafting someone they didn't have in for a workout, there's likely a trade in the works

You make too much sense. ;)

Justin Tyme
06-19-2011, 01:28 PM
PLEASE work out for us Alec Burks and Chris Singleton! :laugh:

I'd love for both to workout, but it seems Burks doesn't deem it worthwhile to workout for the Pacers.

Like PeeWee said, if a player you like drops who hasn't worked out you draft him and smile.

Hicks
06-19-2011, 01:29 PM
I asked this question a few weeks ago, has Bird ever drafted a 1st round pick he didn't workout? If not, then looking at who Bird has in for workouts makes sense.

I know he worked out Paul George and Tyler Hansbrough. Before that, I don't recall. I want to say Rush and Roy were both worked out here.

Aw Heck
06-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Larry didn't work out Jerryd Bayless but he drafted him...

...and then promptly traded him.

I agree that if the past is any indication, the player that the Pacers draft (and ultimately keep) will be a player that they've worked out.

imawhat
06-19-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure about Rush, but Hibbert had a famous workout in Indy. By some accounts, he destroyed both Javale McGee and DeAndre Jordan and then walked up to Bird and said something like "got anyone else?".

Shade
06-19-2011, 01:43 PM
I just hope Brooks isn't a smokescreen, because I'm going to be annoyed if he's on the board at 15 and we pass.

The Jackson shimmy
06-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Did Ben Gordon workout here back in 2004 when Bird spent a month
crowing about Luke Jackson while trying to foist Harrington on the
Bulls in exchange for their #3 pick (so he could select Gordon) ?

Hicks
06-19-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure about Rush, but Hibbert had a famous workout in Indy. By some accounts, he destroyed both Javale McGee and DeAndre Jordan and then walked up to Bird and said something like "got anyone else?".

I thought it was "That all you got?" and it wasn't in response to destroying anybody, but rather an intensive workout designed to push Roy, who had question marks about his endurance (which, as we found at, was true and was partially due to asthma).

Pacer Fan
06-19-2011, 02:07 PM
My ouija board told me that we are getting the following in the draft.

Derrick Williams
Klay Thompson
Jon Leuer

Isn't that just some crazy :censored:!

kellogg
06-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I think the original posters logic and breakdown was really well thought out. The problem is that it assumes Bird is laying his cards on the table, completely transparent, and is willing to give every GM in the league a glimpse into who he wants...all huge assumptions.

But again I think the analysis was very sound, I just don't think any FO is going to show their hand right now...just remember Bird talking up Luke Jackson, but then after the draft off everyone's radar he said the guy he wanted was Ben Gordon.

So if anything, I almost lean to the contrarian view...if a specific name is yapped about, that isn't his target.

DemonHunter1105
06-19-2011, 02:17 PM
I think the original posters logic and breakdown was really well thought out. The problem is that it assumes Bird is laying his cards on the table, completely transparent, and is willing to give every GM in the league a glimpse into who he wants...all huge assumptions.

But again I think the analysis was very sound, I just don't think any FO is going to show their hand right now...just remember Bird talking up Luke Jackson, but then after the draft off everyone's radar he said the guy he wanted was Ben Gordon.

So if anything, I almost lean to the contrarian view...if a specific name is yapped about, that isn't his target.

I don't think this is that big of an issue unless there is one guy Bird REALLY wants and has told the league who it is. That would more than likely increase demand for said player. But I don't think the rest of the league is scheming on how to screw Larry out of his draft picks. They choose BPA or a need first. If all they are doing is making sure Larry is unhappy w/o regard to how the draftee fits into the team, then they are a bad GM.

kellogg
06-19-2011, 02:23 PM
I don't think this is that big of an issue unless there is one guy Bird REALLY wants and has told the league who it is. That would more than likely increase demand for said player. But I don't think the rest of the league is scheming on how to screw Larry out of his draft picks. They choose BPA or a need first. If all they are doing is making sure Larry is unhappy w/o regard to how the draftee fits into the team, then they are a bad GM.

Not sure why my post was quoted, but I'm just saying that I can see it either way...Bird is being completely open, or he's playing poker. That's all.

I'm sorry if it was interpreted any other way.

DemonHunter1105
06-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Not sure why my post was quoted, but I'm just saying that I can see it either way...Bird is being completely open, or he's playing poker. That's all.

I'm sorry if it was interpreted any other way.

I was just saying that it doesn't really matter how transparent he is being unless he comes out and says "Jimmer is my guy. Stay away from him." So I was just agreeing with the OP's logic and adding that it he can tell everyone 3 or 4 players he likes in our range, and he probably can't screw anything up. People ahead of us are not just going to draft those guys to **** Larry off.

I wasn't trying to argue with you, just add that Larry revealing his hand in a crap-shoot of a draft like this isn't going to kill our building plans or anything.

IndyPacer
06-19-2011, 02:45 PM
I'd love for both to workout, but it seems Burks doesn't deem it worthwhile to workout for the Pacers.

Like PeeWee said, if a player you like drops who hasn't worked out you draft him and smile.

I think that you missed what I was joking about. It's been suggested that working out with teams below your projected draft spot could hurt you. Danny Granger worked out way below his projected spot and actually fell to us (although that's probably because of that knee injury). Thus, I'm suggesting that Burks and Singleton should work out for the Pacers so they can fall to us. :dance:

Will Galen
06-19-2011, 03:11 PM
I just hope Brooks isn't a smokescreen, because I'm going to be annoyed if he's on the board at 15 and we pass.

We will draft him and then trade him! :devil:

Justin Tyme
06-19-2011, 03:29 PM
I think that you missed what I was joking about. It's been suggested that working out with teams below your projected draft spot could hurt you. Danny Granger worked out way below his projected spot and actually fell to us (although that's probably because of that knee injury). Thus, I'm suggesting that Burks and Singleton should work out for the Pacers so they can fall to us. :dance:

OK, I'll buy that. Let's hope it happens.

Justin Tyme
06-19-2011, 03:37 PM
We will draft him and then trade him! :devil:

Funny thing is if Toronto drafts a PG at #5, Bayless is on the trading block again. Depending on what Bird does in the draft, it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if Bird traded for Bayless. Bayless averaged 22 points in April playing PG.

Justin Tyme
06-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Josh Selby worked out for the Pacers. Any chance he could be one of the players Bird is talking about?

Gamble1
06-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I know he worked out Paul George and Tyler Hansbrough. Before that, I don't recall. I want to say Rush and Roy were both worked out here.
I remember Shawne Willams worked out for us along with Granger and I am pretty sure David Harrison worked out too but that would have overlaped with Walsh stay in power.

I think its safe to say that Bird likes to work out whoever he drafts but of course if someone drops to you that has great talent then you take him. IN the case of Singleton it doesn't make sense that we didn't work him out if we were interested in him.

Pacersalltheway10
06-19-2011, 05:54 PM

Derrick Williams
Klay Thompson
Jon Leuer

ask it who we give up to get Derrick Williams

Rogco
06-19-2011, 06:27 PM
One player I haven't seen mentioned is Jeremy Tyler. I could see Bird really liking the guy and picking him higher than expected. Especially if ex-pacer Hill has good things to say about him. Apparently Tyler lived with Hill in Japan. Maybe not the most likely scenario, but not the most far-fetched either

kellogg
I was just saying that it doesn't really matter how transparent he is being unless he comes out and says "Jimmer is my guy. Stay away from him." So I was just agreeing with the OP's logic and adding that it he can tell everyone 3 or 4 players he likes in our range, and he probably can't screw anything up. People ahead of us are not just going to draft those guys to **** Larry off.

I wasn't trying to argue with you, just add that Larry revealing his hand in a crap-shoot of a draft like this isn't going to kill our building plans or anything.

I see your point, especially the last...can't say I disagree in this draft.

Rogco

Posey, Lance and Jones!

kellogg
06-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I remember Shawne Willams worked out for us along with Granger and I am pretty sure David Harrison worked out too but that would have overlaped with Walsh stay in power.

I think its safe to say that Bird likes to work out whoever he drafts but of course if someone drops to you that has great talent then you take him. IN the case of Singleton it doesn't make sense that we didn't work him out if we were interested in him.

Can anyone recall any Bird pick he hasn't seen in a workout first? I can't.

The only guy I'm certain DW didn't see workout was Bender, which wasn't a bad thing necessarily...but a pre-draft look at his knee X-rays would have been nice

pwee31
06-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Josh Selby worked out for the Pacers. Any chance he could be one of the players Bird is talking about?

That's a good point, I heard he had a pretty good workout as well, but he would be a player I assume the Pacers would trade down to get, or try to acquire a later pick to get. Don't see Selby being a #15 guy.

After the Bruno interview I'll still Marshon Brooks is the guy. Bruno just seems to turn to Klay and sidetrack from Marshon. Also stating that the Pacers will likely go PF b/c of number of them available in this draft... yet we haven't heard of any PF blowing us away in workouts

owl
06-19-2011, 06:42 PM
The only player the Pacers have that could net the number 2 is Danny and still keep 15
and have a shot at Klay.

Gamble1
06-19-2011, 06:48 PM
That's a good point, I heard he had a pretty good workout as well, but he would be a player I assume the Pacers would trade down to get, or try to acquire a later pick to get. Don't see Selby being a #15 guy.
That could be why we would trade back with the Knicks. They get a jump ahead of the Sixers to get a center and we get Selby at 17.

The only player the Pacers have that could net the number 2 is Danny and still keep 15
and have a shot at Klay.
Personally I think Hibbert could get us the second pick.

Trophy
06-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Mentioning him, I actually like Jordan Hamilton though the last thing we need is another wing.

Justin Tyme
06-19-2011, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=pwee31;1252843]

That's a good point, I heard he had a pretty good workout as well, but he would be a player I assume the Pacers would trade down to get, or try to acquire a later pick to get. Don't see Selby being a #15 guy. QUOTE]

I don't see him as a #15 either, but the Knicks at #17 were reported to like him.

To me he seems to be another Stephenson type player. AGAIN, why do we need another one if "Born Ready" is as great as the FO keeps saying?

I must give Bird his due in keeping his fav players close to his vest. It's hard to get a feel for what he's thinking. He'd be an interesting person to play cards against.

CableKC
06-19-2011, 09:23 PM

Derrick Williams
Klay Thompson
Jon Leuer

Are you sure that you have your ouija board on the correct settings?

boilermaker fan
06-19-2011, 09:37 PM

Others? not close..

1st Ties (7-15 Pick)

2nd Ties (10-18 Pick)

3rd Ties (15- 25 Pick)

But i think Larry want Klay Thompson <---Why put his brother in the workout? make any sense to you :)I like marshon brook or klay thompson.I'd be happy for eather one..

Pacer Fan
06-19-2011, 09:39 PM

I did and it told me to psss off! :laugh:

trailrunner
06-19-2011, 09:40 PM

Possibly if we traded down a few slots. I would not have a problem with Josh as his workouts have been good apparently.

pwee31
06-19-2011, 10:23 PM
All signs point to Marshon Brooks, but that just seems to easy.. right?!

Jimmer won't be there, Marshon is seems too logical.

Pacers are going to make a trade. I'm sure of it! haha

Hicks
06-19-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm starting to think we'll swing for the fences on Josh Selby. I kind of get Lance/Mayo vibes from him (hopefully minus the Lance-ish red flags)

Pacersalltheway10
06-19-2011, 10:56 PM
I have a feeling that we're going to draft Bismack Biyombo at 15 and trade Granger for a top 3 pick to get Derrick Williams. I

I can see it now. After Biyombo blocks someone the crowd yells "You just got Bismacked!" The Bismack Slap.

pwee31
06-19-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm starting to think we'll swing for the fences on Josh Selby. I kind of get Lance/Mayo vibes from him (hopefully minus the Lance-ish red flags)

Selby reminds me of what Bird expects Lance Stephenson to be in the way. I think Selby is more athletic, with Lance having better court vision.

imawhat
06-19-2011, 11:27 PM
I thought it was "That all you got?" and it wasn't in response to destroying anybody, but rather an intensive workout designed to push Roy, who had question marks about his endurance (which, as we found at, was true and was partially due to asthma).

Can't find the quote, but I found this:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=787173&postcount=8

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=787179&postcount=10

Justin Tyme
06-20-2011, 10:15 AM
I have a feeling that we're going to draft Bismack Biyombo at 15 and trade Granger for a top 3 pick to get Derrick Williams. I

I can see it now. After Biyombo blocks someone the crowd yells "You just got Bismacked!" The Bismack Slap.

His name is pronounced as BismaRk. Otto von Bismark is my favorite 19th century politicalist, so I'd be prone to call him Otto. When he dunks, it could be called an Ottomatic. :D

Lou Bega
06-20-2011, 10:30 AM
His name is pronounced as BismaRk. Otto von Bismark is my favorite 19th century politicalist, so I'd be prone to call him Otto. When he dunks, it could be called an Ottomatic. :D

Don't know if you saw his workout video posted on this very forum but nothing about his offensive game was "ottomatic".

I believe the 3 are

MK Morris

J Hamilton

M Brooks

Larry was interviewed said he had 3 guys on the radar and 1 or 2 of them should be there when the Pacers draft @ 15. It makes sense MK Morris, M Brooks would be gone. J Hamilton is my guess & I am right 66% of the time!!

Really?
06-20-2011, 10:31 AM

Faried did workout though... point was, Larry could have chose that Faried is in his top 3 before he ever worked out, and that could be the one that is guaranteed to be there..

I personally believe that the choices are between Brooks, Jimmer, Tristain and klay..

Really?
06-20-2011, 10:40 AM
All signs point to Marshon Brooks, but that just seems to easy.. right?!

Jimmer won't be there, Marshon is seems too logical.

Pacers are going to make a trade. I'm sure of it! haha

All signs pointed to Paul George last year as well I thought... but I guess we will see...

Merz
06-21-2011, 04:08 AM
I'm starting to get flashbacks to several years ago when there were rumors that the Pacers were going to bring in Gregor Fuc*a. Anyone else remember that?

He was a skinny 7-footer who could shoot, apparently...kind of like Motiejunas.

I've thought there was no way Motiejunas would be on Bird's radar but those Fu*ka flashbacks are trying to change my mind.

Speed
06-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Watched the Colorado v Kansas game last night. Alec Burks put in the worst defensive effort I think I've maybe ever seen at the college level, just pathetic. Granted his team was way over manned against #1 Kansas, but Morningstar for Kansas embarrassed him on several occasions.

Markieff Morris dominated even hit a couple of threes, keep in mind Colorado basically started 4 guards, but he looked impressive, hit an NBA 3 pointer at one point and was strong in the paint.

Selby did what he's known for getting to the rim, he actually dished a couple of times after drawing a defender.

Anyway huge mismatch, Burks disappointed, played selfish, really good ball handler, but Kansas made him take tough shot after tough shot. Colorado isn't a good team or at least not against the Jayhawks.

Justin Tyme
06-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Don't know if you saw his workout video posted on this very forum but nothing about his offensive game was "ottomatic".

Please re-read. I SAID his dunks!

Otto von Bismark the Iron Chancellor.

Speed
06-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I can't believe we don't have a running draft thread yet, so I'll put this here.

Chad Ford said on the Friday NBA today podcast on ESPN that he really thinks Houston will trade the 14th pick. This means the 15th picks trade value may be diminished, imo, since if a player falls, that a team wants, they'll just move to 14, assuming the price is comparable.

He also said Norris Cole could jump into the 20s and is someone that teams like.

Ford was then on the Scott Van Pelt Podcast on ESPN and said Biyombo has a huge range on where he could get drafted, anywhere from 5 to 20.

I also heard on the ESPNU predraft show that Jimmer only worked out for 5 teams, I don't think I realized that. I guess Jimmer said yesterday his preferred destinations are NY and NJ, in that order. I believe he was on a radio show, I can't remember.

pwee31
06-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Faried did workout though... point was, Larry could have chose that Faried is in his top 3 before he ever worked out, and that could be the one that is guaranteed to be there..

I personally believe that the choices are between Brooks, Jimmer, Tristain and klay..

I actually agree with your choices. I don't think Faried is one of the guys, but the 4 you mentioned seemed spot on, b/c a week or so ago Bird said there were 4 guys. Now he's down to 3 and T. Thompson refused to workout for the Pacers

asmithxc
06-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Please re-read. I SAID his dunks!

Otto von Bismark the Iron Chancellor.

The Iron Chancellor would be a great nickname, especially if he lives up to his defensive potential.

pwee31
06-21-2011, 08:16 AM
All signs pointed to Paul George last year as well I thought... but I guess we will see...

George drew the most interest, but I thought Gordon Hayward and Ed Davis were in the mix, if the pick wasn't traded

Really?
06-21-2011, 09:45 AM
George drew the most interest, but I thought Gordon Hayward and Ed Davis were in the mix, if the pick wasn't traded

Yeah , I think u might be right, I think the situation was most people thought the Pacers should get George, but if Hayward was there then they would be grab him because he was the home town guy... Thank you Jazz....