PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Draft

owl
06-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Please list who you would take in the first and second round. Someone who you think is going to be available.

1A Marshon Brooks
1B Bismack Biyombo

2A Charles Jenkins
2B Greg Smith

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/greg-smith

Also list any trades you think the Pacers might make

cdash
06-18-2011, 09:26 PM
I haven't paid a great deal of attention to this draft, but Marshon Brooks and the Jimmer would be fine with me. I don't care about the second round at this point.

This reminds me, Hicks are you going to do the thing where we e-mail you who we would take with the #15 pick this year? Just so we can all be on the record with our choices. I want another opportunity to make an *** out of myself on the record.

Young
06-18-2011, 09:30 PM
If I was Larry Bird, there would be two players i'd have in mind at 15. Marshon Brooks and Chris Singleton.

I think I would go with Singleton. What he brings to the court is harder to find then what Brooks brings, IMO. As far as scoring goes, the Pacers have Granger and George will continue to get better. Plus if Lance gets some playing time he will bring some needed scoring. The Pacers can still add some scoring by going after OJ Mayo (again and probably unlikely) or even Marcus Thronton.

With that said I would still be happy if the Pacers drafted Brooks. If I had my choice i'd take the defense that Singleton brings though.

pacer4ever
06-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Reggie Jackson or if he falls Chris Singleton (others depending on who falls ala Bismack )

the 2nd round depends on who is there when we pick

pacer4ever
06-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Jenkins wont be there in the 2nd round BTW

BringJackBack
06-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Jenkins wont be there in the 2nd round BTW

Neither are Mario Chalmers or Dejuan Blair...

pacer4ever
06-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Neither are Mario Chalmers or Dejuan Blair...

I have a story about Chamlers the guy who works him out and former Video guy in Boston Irving Roland said they had a trade in place for Mario on draft day. But the team backed out Boston was gonna buy a pick at #30 and take Chamlers but the team backed out. Irving says Chamlers still hates Boston for doing that to him they promised they were gonna take him at #30 but couldnt. That is a big deal because the #30 pick is guarnteed money and 2nd round is not. But it turned out to be a blessing for Mario in the long run. Now he is starting for the Heat and in Boston he would be playing behind Rondo.

cdash
06-18-2011, 09:50 PM
I like Chris Singleton too. I just don't think he will be there when we pick.

IndyPacer
06-18-2011, 10:17 PM
EDIT: I went back and added the format for my first round preferences others are using.

1A Burks (probably won't be there)
1B Singleton (could be there)
1C Markieff (could be there)
1D Biyombo (hard to say where he'll be picked)
1E Motiejunas (hard to say where he'll be)

Burks and Singleton are easily my favorites. By far. I wouldn't mind moving up a few spots to grab either player. I think Markieff would be solid at #15 in this draft. Biyombo and Motiejunas would be considered after I had long talks with my scouts.

I also like Jackson and D. Morris if we acquired a second pick. Faried, Tyler, and JaJuan a bit later.

Kid Minneapolis
06-18-2011, 10:23 PM
1A - Brooks
1B - Jimmer
1C - Burks
1D - Faried

2A - Jeremy Tyler
2B - I could lie and say it matters.

pwee31
06-18-2011, 10:29 PM
In 1st round I would be fine with:

Marshon Brooks
Jimmer Fredette
Klay Thompson

2nd round
Ben Hansbrough
JaJuan Johnson (if he slips)
Trey Thompkins
Nolan Smith (If slips)

ballism
06-18-2011, 10:42 PM
1A. Biyombo.
1B. Jimmer.
Either of these two would get me genuinely excited for next year.
I just want someone ready and who fits a need. They both do, and they are both elite at one or two skills. I just think they'd help us next year more than others at that spot.

I'm also jumping on Klay Thompson bandwagon these days, he could be a good Mike Dunleavy replacement right away, but he seems drifting more towards top 10 now, so...

I'm not really interested in round 2, no idea who falls there. 45 seems like a terrible spot. I'd pick international and stack, I guess.

Merz
06-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Round 1 at 15: Brooks, Burks, Biyombo, Freddette, Singleton

Round 2: Morris, Jenkins, Mack, Thompkins, J. Johnson, Greg Smith

imawhat
06-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Here is a list of players I'd draft, with the bolds as a real possibility.

Kyrie Irving
Derrick Williams
Jimmer
Kawhi Leonard
Bismack
Chris Singleton
Marshon Brooks
Alec Burks
Reggie Jackson

Here's the players I want absolutely no part of:

Marcus Morris
Tristan Thompson
Klay Thompson
Markieff Morris
Donatas
Jordan Hamilton
Tobias Harris
Shumpert
Singler

I think Bismack would fill our biggest need in this draft, which is interior length, strength, athleticism and defense. He's followed closely by Chris Singleton and Reggie Jackson. We'll really need a SF stopper against the LeBrons and Carmelos and a point guard stopper against the Roses and Walls. Burks sounds like a solid player with plenty of upside and complementary to Granger/George. Brooks fills a shot creator role, and while I love his efficiency, I haven't seen him play and I'm nervous about his understanding of the game. Darius Morris would be an interesting pickup. More than anything, the Pacers need a point guard that has great floor vision and can run an offense, but I don't think that exists in this draft without giving up too much defensively.

CableKC
06-18-2011, 11:03 PM
1A - Singleton
1B - Brooks
1C - Biyombo
1D - Faried

2A - JuJuan Johnson
2B - Darius Morris
2C - Charles Jenkins
2D - Iman Shumpert

Pacersalltheway10
06-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Biyombo, Brooks, Reggie Jackson in that order

Trades: Rush to Boston for #25 to get Reggie Jackson.

PR07
06-18-2011, 11:21 PM
First Round: Jimmer Fredette, Marshon Brooks

Second Round: Shelvin Mack, Norris Cole

Kemo
06-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Round 1
(in this order of who I would personally pick if said player is available)
1a - Marshon Brooks
1b - Jimmer Fredette
1c - Bismack Biyombo
1d - Klay Thompson

Round 2

no idea, because the guys I'd want will probably be taken late in 1st round..

Cause I would imagine that Jeremy Tyler , Jujuan and Mack will be gone before our 2nd rd pick

BornReady
06-18-2011, 11:31 PM
1st round: Marshon Brooks, Chris Singleton, Alec Burks, Klay Thompson
2nd round: Malcolm Lee, Jordan Williams, Keith Benson, Jordan Williams (Selby or Reggie Jackson would be bomb, but that won't happen)

Sparhawk
06-19-2011, 12:17 AM
1st:
Singleton (Provides a great defensive presence for SF and PF)
Brooks (a guy we need that can create his own shot, also has potential to be an above average defender)
Biyombo (The athletic 4 we need next to Hibbert; worried about limited offensive ability, could be turnover and foul prone) I honestly have no clue why a lottery team would take a chance on this guy.

Trade Rush for late first, get Reggie Jackson :happydanc

2nd:
Jordan Williams (big body)
Keith Benson (Defense)
Iman Shumpert (in case we can't get Darius or Reggie, we really need a backup point cause I really dislike AJ)

Other players I like:
Jeremy Tyler (would just need to make sure he's not mentally retarded/low BBIQ) Really, doesn't know who Nate McMillan is?
Josh Selby (if nothing else, he could be a good trade chip later on)
Darius Morris (big point with great court vision, but lack of athleticism could be an issue against the star points in the league)

Pacer Fan
06-19-2011, 12:57 AM
1. Klay Thompson, Alec Burks, Marshon Brooks
2. Jon Leuer, Trey Thompkins, Jereme Richmond

Frostwolf
06-19-2011, 02:17 AM
if i had a reasonable expectation that biyombo would be able to develop a jump shot, i would have no hesitation taking him if he were available at our spot.

CableKC
06-19-2011, 02:32 AM
Doing a VERY ROUGH count based off of your responses ( assuming that most of you list the Players in order of preference using your 1A and 1B choices ), here is a very un-scientific tally of your responses so far:

Marshon Brooks ( 12 total 1st and 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 7
2nd Choice Votes - 5

Chris Singleton ( 7 total 1st and 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 4
2nd Choice Votes - 3

Jimmer Fredette ( 5 total 1st and 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 1
2nd Choice Votes - 4

Bismack Biyombo ( 3 total 1st and 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 2
2nd Choice Votes - 1

Alec Burk ( 3 total 1st and 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 1
2nd Choice Votes - 2

Reggie Jackson ( 1 total 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 0
2nd Choice Votes - 1

Klay Thompson ( 1 total 1st choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 1
2nd Choice Votes - 0

Because not everyone's response is as straight forward as choice 1A and 1B, I had to make assumptions on some of your picks ( for example, for IMAWHAT...I went with Singleton 1A and Brooks 1B since he had highlighted those picks despite Jimmer and Biyombo being listed ).

It looks like there is clear interest in Brooks, Singleton and Jimmer. But since I think that Jimmer is going to be off the board by #15 and Brooks climbing the boards....I'd guess ( so far ) that Singleton, Biyombo and Burks are "in the lead" for now ( in that order and in terms of interest ).

pacer4ever
06-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Doing a VERY ROUGH Tally based off of your responses ( assuming that most of you list the Players in order of preference using your 1A and 1B choices ), here are the tallies so far:

Marshon Brooks ( 12 total 1st and 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 7
2nd Choice Votes - 5

Chris Singleton ( 7 total 1st and 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 4
2nd Choice Votes - 3

Jimmer Fredette ( 5 total 1st and 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 1
2nd Choice Votes - 4

Bismack Biyombo ( 3 total 1st and 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 2
2nd Choice Votes - 1

Alec Burk ( 3 total 1st and 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 1
2nd Choice Votes - 2

Reggie Jackson ( 1 total 2nd choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 0
2nd Choice Votes - 1

Klay Thompson ( 1 total 1st choice votes )
1st Choice Votes - 1
2nd Choice Votes - 0

It looks like there is clear interest in Brooks, Singleton, Jimmer, Biyombo and Burks. Since I think that Jimmer is going to be off the board by #15 and Brooks climbing the boards....I'd guess ( so far ) that Singleton, Biyombo and Burks are "in the lead" for now ( in that order and in terms of interest ).

Reggie J is my first choice sorry i didn't make that clear enough Chris or Bismack would be my #1 but i am convinced they wont be there.

CableKC
06-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Reggie J is my first choice sorry i didn't make that clear enough Chris or Bismack would be my #1 but i am convinced they wont be there.
I assumed that and tallied your vote as such. For yours, I counted Singleton as your 1A and Reggie your 1B. I think that there is a greater chance that Singleton will be on the board then Jimmer or Brooks will be on the board.

CableKC
06-19-2011, 02:51 AM
if i had a reasonable expectation that biyombo would be able to develop a jump shot, i would have no hesitation taking him if he were available at our spot.
Honestly, if Biyombo falls past the Knicks and into the early 20s...I'd really wish that the FO would spend the $$$ to another pick to draft him.

For me, I have no problem with having a Player that has limited offensive skills that can dominate and control the paint on the defensive end. Although they are few and far between....Players like Tyson Chandler and Ben Wallace are more then capable of contributing on a Team at a high level. But unfortunately, for every Tyson and Ben type of Players that pan out.....there are a million Sene Saer and Diop type Players that doesn't have enough Basketball IQ and skills to make it in the NBA cuz they simply aren't as effective as they can be.

pacer4ever
06-19-2011, 02:53 AM
I assumed that and tallied your vote as such. For yours, I counted Singleton as your 1A and Reggie your 1B. I think that there is a greater chance that Singleton will be on the board then Jimmer or Brooks will be on the board.

ok and ya if Bismack and Singleton was on the board i would take Singleton. Bismack is my 3rd choice because i love defense and we dont have a good defensive 4. But if i was GM i would A. draft Reggie B. pull a trade off to get Reggie Jackson in a Blue and Gold bottom line lol. I think we need to add two defenders one at the point and one in the paint. Chris is very versatile in that department he may be able to do both against certain guys. Bottom line if i was GM we would add guys like these in the off season via draft and free agency defense wins championships.

Kemo
06-19-2011, 03:20 AM
In my honest opinion , I think that if you want our next pf to be of the Dale Davis mold, then Biyombo will be that.. with a little more offense than Dale..

That's why I think he would fit best with our current core... even though I really want Brooks or Fredette.. . I'm torn .. lol Cause I really feel that Brooks will become an elite scorer in this league..

imbtyler
06-19-2011, 03:50 AM
As I change my mock draft (doesn't look like Pacers are walking away with Jackson at #15), I may have made my "final decisions" as to who I would rather pick this year.

1A. Marshon Brooks
His go-to scorer mentality on the bench would be beneficial at shooting guard, rather than at the point (previously "displayed" by AJ Price). Also has playmaker capacity, but not first priority.

1B. Kenneth Faried
I'm still off on this pick, because of his height, position, and possibly not being worthy of #15, so I'll justify it by hoping for an additional late-first pick. Regardless, a tweener forward with Faried's abilities would make him a beneficial 2nd/3rd man at PF/SF, behind Hansbrough and Granger/George respectively. We're not absolutely looking for a PF to change this team around (not in THIS draft, at least), and Hansbrough's got the starting job for now.

1C. Reggie Jackson
I'll preface this by saying RJ was my original selection for the Pacers' 15, though it was a riskily-high pick. Now, with lack of a conclusive injury report, and with the Heat supposedly securing Jackson's draft position, he's likely drop through the first round. That's why I suggest, once again, that we get another late-first pick and snatch him, which is great for a multitude of reasons: 1. adding RJ, 2. upsetting Miami's FO (if the rumors were true), and 3. giving incentive to Miami (or other teams) to trade for him. Either way, "stealing" Jackson could be heavily beneficial with, say, Boston's or OKC's picks.

2A. JaJuan Johnson
As I've said before, if we pick small in the first round, we pick big in the second. And I can't see a big in the second I'd waste this pick on besides JJJ, if he's miraculously fallen this far. He has two inches on Faried, both in height and wingspan, and would be my preference to suit up behind Hansbrough (at first), given his size and athletic advantages. If the tale that his potential has yet to be fully achieved is true, we could end up selecting our PF of the future, and have hometown ties to boot.

2B. ????
I really don't know who to put here. In the guard category, I see Darius Morris as a tall, beneficial point guard (6'5" playmaker who compares himself to Deron Williams (http://youtu.be/uuB3uyA-JgI)), but Nolan Smith has a combo guard, "Mr. Big Shot" mentality (who actually compares himself to Chauncey Billups (http://youtu.be/epUMbX0rmDo) himself*). As far as second round bigs go, besides JaJuan Johnson, I would pick up Jeremy Tyler instantly, but he is sure to rise the boards. Besides them (and I don't trust DX's prediction of us selecting Trey Thompkins), unfortunately, I don't see anyone else worthy of the #42. If such a moderate draft pick was covetable, we could try moving up in the second round (a preposterous concept in and of itself) to ensure picking JJJ, Tyler, or Darius Morris.

*In that same video, Nolan Smith also states that he and Michael Beasley formerly lived together and are like brothers, which could be a big http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/redflag.gif.

Heisenberg
06-19-2011, 06:36 AM
In my honest opinion , I think that if you want our next pf to be of the Dale Davis mold, then Biyombo will be that.. with a little more offense than Dale..

That's why I think he would fit best with our current core... even though I really want Brooks or Fredette.. . I'm torn .. lol Cause I really feel that Brooks will become an elite scorer in this league..
Biyombo's got a lot of work to do to have offense as good as Dale Davis. Really.

Kemo
06-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Biyombo's got a lot of work to do to have offense as good as Dale Davis. Really.

well sure.. but I am comparing more towards DD's rookie year.. Biyombo has all the tools.

jpatt34
06-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Biyombo, Brooks, Reggie Jackson in that order

Trades: Rush to Boston for #25 to get Reggie Jackson.

I wouldn't trade a proven 3 point shooter and solid defender for unknown talent

owl
06-19-2011, 09:25 AM

I think Bird would gladly do that at this point,

Kstat
06-19-2011, 09:38 AM
If I'm the Pacers, I'd take Fredette, Marcus Morris and Singleton, in that order.

I don't think there's any way Biyombo falls to #15.

xBulletproof
06-19-2011, 10:33 AM

You could look at it that way, or the more realistic way ..... how about trading a guy we don't plan on keeping past this season for a guy on a cheap contract that could be a part of our future?

That's a chance worth taking.

Banta
06-19-2011, 10:44 AM
I just watched some highlight video of Biyombo. Imagine if Hibbert showed half that much intensity.

owl
06-19-2011, 10:49 AM
If I'm the Pacers, I'd take Fredette, Marcus Morris and Singleton, in that order.

I don't think there's any way Biyombo falls to #15.

I wonder how much of a risk taker Bird is? I really think Detroit is going to take Biyombo.
I wonder if Bird moves up who he really wants. Kanter? Biyombo?

Hicks
06-19-2011, 11:24 AM
I haven't paid a great deal of attention to this draft, but Marshon Brooks and the Jimmer would be fine with me. I don't care about the second round at this point.

This reminds me, Hicks are you going to do the thing where we e-mail you who we would take with the #15 pick this year? Just so we can all be on the record with our choices. I want another opportunity to make an *** out of myself on the record.

I hadn't really thought about it. It was easy this year because hardly anyone *****ed about Paul George being a bad pick.

Hicks
06-19-2011, 11:26 AM
As for who to draft, I like what I've read/seen (more or less) about Jimmer and Brooks, but I'm not claiming to be an expert on any of these guys, and the names start to run together with me pretty quickly.

Every year certain players get buzz, others are some people's sleepers, and like always it ends up being a mixed bag with the results of who actually became something in the league, so at this point I just skim everyone's thoughts on these guys, wait for draft night, and then I look forward to researching our pick as much as I can.

I'm excited it's finally happening this week.

Kstat
06-19-2011, 11:27 AM
I wonder how much of a risk taker Bird is? I really think Detroit is going to take Biyombo.

Not quite fair to Hibbert. It isn't always fair to equate a good motor to intensity. Biyombo is a genetic freak of an athlete. Hibbert is more calculated. He can't stop-and-go on cue like Bismack can.

Justin Tyme
06-19-2011, 11:51 AM
My favorite players I don't see falling to #15. In no particular order.

Chris Singleton
Brooks
Burks

Other players I have an interest in I feel at the present time are a stretch at #15.

Reggie Jackson
Darius Morris
Tyler
Jenkins

I seem to be in no mans land, so I'd rather trade up or back. If not, then just trade out of the 1st round.

The 2nd round after the top 10 picks doesn't really excite me, so I'd take a flyer on certain players depending on what position is picked in the 1st round. My druthers would be to move up in the top 5-7 of the 2nd round. Bird has had some success in trading in the 2nd round.

Depending on what was taken in the 1st round. These players should be available at #42.

Leuers
Goudelock
Garrett
Thomas

I'll throw out a trade scenario that would't upset me if it happened. A trade with the Bobcats for their #19 & 39 for the Pacers #15 pick. With the #19 pick any of my 2nd group of players should be available. With the #39 & 42 picks, I believe the Pacers can get a good player. Even better if Bird could then trade both for 31-35 pick. Oh heck, lets just get greedy and trade the Celtics both 2nd picks and some cash for #25. Then another player in my 2nd group can be picked. I know it won't happen, but one can hope.

LA_Confidential
06-19-2011, 12:06 PM
1A Marshon Brooks-Smooth scorer with good defensive potential
1B Chris Singleton-Perimeter defender who can guard some 4's when we decide to play small. Attacks the rim and rebounds well for his position.
1C Tristan Thompson-Tyrus Thomas type, hopefully he can develope into a LaMarcus Aldridge lite.
1D Markieff Morris-Rugged big who can also make a jumpshot.
1E Bismack Biyombo-Tons of defensive and rebounding potential.

2nd Round.
Jeremy Tyler, Keith Benson, Trey Thompkins.

trailrunner
06-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Our first priority is to get past the Bulls in the East. To me we had two deficiencies in the series with them, rebounding and a lights out shooter from beyond the arc. Granger had to come outside too much because he was our main threat from there. I believe we could solve both issues with this draft even though it is considered weak. If we could trade Hibbert and Rush or perhaps Tyler and Rush for #4 and then take Kanter and Thompson at #15. We get a rugged inside presence and a deadly marksman who can shoot over defenders. Then with cap space go hard for Gordon or another star to finish the process after next year. With our 2012 first round draftee we are looking good.

Kemo
06-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Just a little F.Y.I. , but anyone who has NBATV should turn it on now..

"NBA DRAFT PREVIEW: The Lottery" is on now.. pretty cool
In the channel guide, it says it is new , not a repeat. for those interested..

pacer4ever
06-19-2011, 08:26 PM

It is NBA draft week they will have a new special on the draft nightly at 8pm. This lottery edition is boring just Kampla talking Rickey Rubio and his Wolves. However earlier today i watched us draft PG24 on NBA tv

CableKC
06-19-2011, 08:42 PM

I think that they are only going to talk about the top 14 picks....and stop short of who they think the Pacers should draft. I'm guessing that they can talk about Jimmer, Singleton or maybe Brooks....which could be helpful :shrug:

boilermaker fan
06-19-2011, 09:27 PM
marshon brooks

Shade
06-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Biyombo is an interesting player. Visions of Deke?

Major Cold
06-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Singleton
Jimmer
Burks
Klay
Brooks
Marcus Morris

If we go big by getting Tristan or one of the Morris boys, please get Bertrans.

2nd round
Selby
Darius Morris
Lighty (if we go big or PG 1st)
Sleeper pick Michael Dunigan (trade a future 2nd pick to get him)