PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated NBA Mock Draft

rocksballer58
06-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I was reading the Sports Illustrated NBA Mock Draft and they had the Pacers taking Kenneth Faried.

what do you think of Faried at #15?

NOTE: I'm referring to the mock draft in the latest issue of the magazine.

Kegboy
06-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Personally I like him. We desperately need rebounding and I'm not concerned with his height. But I've become convinced the last couple weeks we're taking a scoring guard, and I'm okay with that. Lord knows Rush is done here.

IndyPacer
06-18-2011, 12:21 AM
what do you think of Faried at #15?

I'm a fan of Faried, but that seems a bit high for him. I'd probably take Singleton, Markieff, and possibly Biyambo over Faried because of Faried's size.

I would definitely consider Faried if we acquired an extra pick in the 20s, however. I think Faried will be a nice backup, energy guy, but I don't think he has starter potential like someone like Singleton does.

I think Faried is going to have a tougher time at the pro level, although I think he can indeed have a solid career in the NBA. Faried does have a standout skill, superb rebounding, but I am not sure he'll be as effective against NBA athletes.

mikeyism
06-18-2011, 11:39 AM
#15 is way too high. I have a feeling he'll get eaten alive on offense...an undersized PF that scored 17 PPG in one of the weakest conferences in D1. He might stick as a backup somewhere, if he can shoot 50% and his defense translates to the NBA.

Haywoode Workman
06-18-2011, 12:20 PM
How was my comment offensive or even wrong for that matter?