PDA

View Full Version : NBA not going to change the 3 point shot

ChicagoJ
10-15-2004, 02:59 PM
I believe that they haven't considered this for the NBA.

The league has always been very conservative toward rule changes - this is a fairly outrageous/ innovative concept and they're going to want to see how it works out first.

They don't want another repeat of the "shortened three-point line" disaster as an attempt to improve offensive performances.

SycamoreKen
10-15-2004, 11:41 PM
I like it for the reasons the league stated, to see how not having it affects game play. It will also help in that the players will be focusing more on their all around game instead of just 3's. I wouldn't care if they got rid of the 3 point shot all together.

Stryder
10-16-2004, 01:23 AM
I think by admitting that they might try it in the NBDL, they have actually considered it for a possiblity down the road in the NBA.

Bball
10-16-2004, 03:06 AM
I think by admitting that they might try it in the NBDL, they have actually considered it for a possiblity down the road in the NBA.

Otherwise, what is the point? Why bother?

Personally, IF they are going to do away with it for a portion of the game then just do away with it for ALL of the game. That is how I see it at whatever level.

I'd also be fine with seeing it banished from the college game entirely. But then again, I like defense.

-Bball