PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Jack Insider chat: a little about the Pacers

Mourning
10-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Just a few questions out of a live chat with Dr. Jack. He chooses about the same top-5 of best teams the coming season as I do too. Further, nothing shocking.

"Jeff (Sterling Heights, MI): Good afternoon Dr. Ramsay, do you think the Pacers made the right move by trading away an extremely talented big guy on the verge of greatness such as Al Harrington for Stephen Jackson?

Dr. Jack Ramsay: Everybody liked Al Harrington...but with Reggie's advanced age (for hoops), Jackson makes a good addition as a true 2-guard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Lenaers The Netherlands: As a big time Indiana fan, I've been wonderong why they are always underestimated. Even this year most stories talk about Ron Artest and the danger if him exploding instead of talkng about the skill they have on the team. What are your thoughts on the Pacers finally winning a ring for Reggie?

Dr. Jack Ramsay: A back to back Pacer hit...Indy will be in the hunt with the Pistons...ultimately they'll have to beat them to win the East...same as last year. Indy is a solid team...I might want a better point guard than Tinsley, and a stronger center than Foster...but they're very good. Artest had a great year and is improving in all ways...much better self-control...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don (Windsor): Hey Doc!! Just wondering, who do you think are the top 5 teams in the league (in order)?

Dr. Jack Ramsay: My top 5: Detroit, SA, Minn, Indy, Houston"

Regards,

Mourning:cool:

Hicks
10-15-2004, 12:50 PM
We're better than Minnesota.

Mourning
10-15-2004, 12:58 PM
I think we are on par with the Timberwolves. They had a lot of injuries too last year. Hudson and Olowakandi didnt play for much of the season, while Wally came in halfway through the season and didnt really get into "it". Also the first year the team in that composition has been together, I expect them to certainly be better this season and I expect them to have the 1st or 2nd best record in the league.

Regards,

Mourning:cool:

Suaveness
10-15-2004, 01:58 PM
We play Minny twice in the first month.

Natston
10-15-2004, 02:19 PM

So after we win both, those victories will be deemed worthless in April... :unimpressed:

Suaveness
10-15-2004, 04:16 PM
You know it :p

Slick Pinkham
10-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Minnesota is my pick to come out of the West.

They would have last year with 2 of the 3 following things:

Healthy Cassell
Healthy Olowokandi
Healthy Sczerbiak

I think Detroit, Indiana, Minnesota, San Antonio are the top 4 and #5 could be Sacramento or Houston.

Unclebuck
10-15-2004, 05:09 PM
I think the top three team in order are: Pistons, Spurs, Pacers. The there is a little dropoff to the T-Woves

TheSauceMaster
10-15-2004, 05:18 PM

So after we win both, those victories will be deemed worthless in April... :unimpressed:

Yep just like we beat detriot 3 in a row before they got 1 last year , so 3-1 meant nothing in the playoffs.

J-Wont
10-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Minnesota wont be as good as last year. Cassell & Sprewell are each one year closer to the nursing home and Michael Olowakandi isn't getting any less crappy.

Kegboy
10-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Last year I felt Minny had too many egos, but injuries helped in that regard. If they're all healthy, Flip's really gonna have to work to get them to play together.

Now, if they were to trade Wally for SAR, as rumored, watch out.