PDA

View Full Version : Trade in works with Knicks?

Professor S
06-15-2011, 07:07 PM
https://twitter.com/alanhahn/status/81106247432159234

"Newsday reported in early June that #Knicks would look into moving up if possible. Rumors now surfacing about talks w/ IND (15), others."

Per Alan Hahn, Knicks beat writer for Newsday.

Any further info about this? Seems unlikely given the Knicks would only move up two spots. Depends on who they're targeting. May be similar to the Bayless for Rush, McBob, Jack deal from 2006?

spreedom
06-15-2011, 07:11 PM
What do the Knicks have that we would want? I would trade #15 for Toney Douglas I suppose, but I doubt they would. Otherwise they don't have a lot of available pieces that do much for me.

wseward
06-15-2011, 07:15 PM
bring back my boy shawne williams... i haven't been able to wear that number 4 jersey in awhile

travmil
06-15-2011, 07:16 PM
bring back my boy shawne williams... i haven't been able to wear that number 4 jersey in awhile

Shut your mouth. Shut your filthy mouth. ;)

Shade
06-15-2011, 07:16 PM
What would we want from the Knicks?

BornReady
06-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Hmm I don't think they're looking to acquire the 15th pick, rather, just to move up. I wouldn't do 15 for Toney straight up, but I would be intrigued if he came with #17 :D I think its going to depend on who is on board at that point in time, and if Bird thinks he can get his man at 17.

JB24
06-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Douglas and Fields interest me.

BornReady
06-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Fields interest me too, but after last season, there's no way they give him up just to move up 2 spots :/

JB24
06-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Fields interest me too, but after last season, there's no way they give him up just to move up 2 spots :/

I agree, but you never know. Portland gave up JJ to move up two spots.

Edit: Who's running NY's FO right now?

spreedom
06-15-2011, 07:23 PM

I think Fields is probably better than just about everybody in this draft after the big two, but the Knicks MAY deal him if they could then package the #15/#17 for a top 10ish pick... maybe. I doubt it though.

spreedom
06-15-2011, 07:24 PM
I agree, but you never know. Portland gave up JJ to move up two spots.

Edit: Who's running NY's FO right now?

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/downloads/images/season-10/1004/1004_manatee-tank.jpg

ChristianDudley
06-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Just as long as we don't take back Shawne Williams!!!!! I have 100% trust in Larry in not bringing Shawne back as I think Bird about had a heart attack a few times with all the troubles Shawne found himself in. I'm interested in seeing what type of deal is rumored right now involving us with the Knicks.

wseward
06-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Bring Shawne back... he could stretch the defense and hang with B-Rush!

CableKC
06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
You should do yourself a favor and simply burn that jersey.

travmil
06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
If anyone in this FO is even THINKING of bringing Shawne back, they should be flogged publicly on Monument Circle.

travmil
06-15-2011, 07:31 PM
You should do yourself a favor and simply burn that jersey.

Hell, do us ALL a favor...

imbtyler
06-15-2011, 07:42 PM
I say bring in Fields.

xBulletproof
06-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Probably a 2nd rounder. Nothing more. No way they're trading any useful players to move up 2 spots.

If it was this year it would be a cheap roster spot filled to save cap space for next year. That would be worth it alone.

Anthem
06-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Next year's pick?

pacer4ever
06-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Next year's pick?

lol the knicks don't own another 1st rd pick until like the year 2016 lol(not positive but it isn't for awhile)

ensergio
06-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Probably a sweep of picks for cash. Bird's man must be lower in the board.

Heisenberg
06-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Bill Walker + 17 for 15? There's nothing on their roster I'd want straight up for 15.

90'sNBARocked
06-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Eddie Curry ?

oh no :)

speakout4
06-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Douglas +17 for Lance +15.

pacer4ever
06-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Eddie Curry ?

oh no :)

he isn't on the team any more he is on the Twolves for another couple of weeks.

Trophy
06-15-2011, 08:23 PM
I really have no interest in any of their "available" players.

They just have a bunch of roster fillers like the Heat.

I would like to bring in Landry Fields. He's a bit overrated now, but he's going to be a really good player and an even better player not with Carmelo. He has a high ceiling. I'd love to see he and Paul in a lineup together.

ChristianDudley
06-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Probably a sweep of picks for cash. Bird's man must be lower in the board.

Reggie Jackson?? Tristan Thompson?? Markeif Morris?? Because I doubt Marshon Brooks lasts until 17, and I think everybody agrees Jimmer will be gone by no later than 15.

CooperManning
06-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Reggie Jackson?? Tristan Thompson?? Markeif Morris?? Because I doubt Marshon Brooks lasts until 17, and I think everybody agrees Jimmer will be gone by no later than 15.

If Marshon makes it to #15 and doesn't go, he'll probably make it to 17. Unlikely that Philly takes him.

ensergio
06-15-2011, 08:39 PM

Faried, D. Morris, R. Jackson???

CooperManning
06-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Faried, D. Morris, R. Jackson???

I'd hope we'd trade even further back if it's one of those guys.

LetsTalkPacers
06-15-2011, 09:18 PM
I actually like ronny turiaf. Id do a 15 + Posey for Turiaf + filler

Trader Joe
06-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Would you guys do Rush + 15 for Fields? Does that get the Knicks interested?

vnzla81
06-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Would you guys do Rush + 15 for Fields? Does that get the Knicks interested?

Why would they do that? Fields is as valuable to them as George to us, would you trade George for Rush?

Doddage
06-15-2011, 09:28 PM
That'd be terrible. Turiaf isn't worth a 1st, imo.

PR07
06-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Why wouldn't we just draft Fareid if he wanted Turiaf? He's younger and better.

imawhat
06-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Donnie's working for the Knicks thru the draft.

I wonder what kind of power he has. Maybe he could swing us a huge favor like Jerry West did for the Lakers near the end of his Grizzlies run.

Justin Tyme
06-15-2011, 09:44 PM
If anyone in this FO is even THINKING of bringing Shawne back, they should be flogged publicly on Monument Circle.

He's a FA. Walsh only signed him for 1 year at $854,000. He can't be traded at the present time, so rest easy.

FYI Shawne Williams last year:

20 MPG... 42% FGA... 40% 3PT... 83% FT... 3.5 REB... 7 PPG

BornReady
06-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Why wouldn't we just draft Fareid if he wanted Turiaf? He's younger and better.

The only reason I can think of is because Turiaf is a veteran and has league experience already. That and the pick could help us get somebody else i guess.

Pacer Fan
06-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Just a thought..

What about a trade of Billups and Posey + swapping picks. I say this cause Knicks never wanted Billups in the Melo trade and this would relieve 7.2mil in cap space for them. Be getting Billups for 7.2 mil (difference of Posey's contract). He would bring veteranship which should help DC alot. LB has said before he don't want to spend all availible cap and this would preserve 14.2 million for next years free agency.

LA_Confidential
06-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Just a thought..

What about a trade of Billups and Posey + swapping picks. I say this cause Knicks never wanted Billups in the Melo trade and this would relieve 7.2mil in cap space for them. Be getting Billups for 7.2 mil (difference of Posey's contract). He would bring veteranship which should help DC alot. LB has said before he don't want to spend all availible cap and this would preserve 14.2 million for next years free agency.

Very tempting indeed. Billups may be old but Posey is old and useless.

Robertmto
06-15-2011, 10:58 PM
lol...some of the pipe dreams on this board are HI-Larious

Constellations
06-15-2011, 11:10 PM
What would we want from the Knicks?

Chauncey Billups :D

LetsTalkPacers
06-15-2011, 11:21 PM
That'd be terrible. Turiaf isn't worth a 1st, imo.

He's a good backup C, id move down two spots to dump posey, and aquire a backup C. Doesn't matter though I didn't realize he was no longer under contract.

dal9
06-15-2011, 11:24 PM

it would cut down on travel for that one prostitute he and lance like.

PR07
06-16-2011, 12:26 AM
I would gladly trade down to two spots and acquire Billups. He would bring the veteran leadership and the ability to hit a big shot that this team needs. Don't think it's likely though as he played pretty well for the Knicks before his injury.

pacer4ever
06-16-2011, 12:28 AM
I would gladly trade down to two spots and acquire Billups. He would bring the veteran leadership and the ability to hit a big shot that this team needs. Don't think it's likely though as he played pretty well for the Knicks before his injury.

in your dreams the kicks might accept that but not in real life.

BKK
06-16-2011, 02:04 AM
what about a 15th + Posey + Lance for 17th + Turriaf + Douglas and cash?

itzryan07
06-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Landry Fields is overrated! Y would u guys want him? Hello! We got PG24

itzryan07
06-16-2011, 02:09 AM
i dont want billups either. He is good but old and not part of the core. Just would eat our cap space for nothing.

LetsTalkPacers
06-16-2011, 02:34 AM
what about a 15th + Posey + Lance for 17th + Turriaf + Douglas and cash?

Depends on what turiaf would s&t for, but I already said I would like this.

pacer4ever
06-16-2011, 02:56 AM
Depends on what turiaf would s&t for, but I already said I would like this.

Turiaf has another year if he chooses he has a player option

Robertmto
06-16-2011, 03:25 AM
how about the 15 and Rush for the 17, Amare, Stat and Cash considerations???

Cactus Jax
06-16-2011, 03:41 AM
how about the 15 and Rush for the 17, Amare, Stat and Cash considerations???

Usually I disagree with your posts, but here I agree, people are being dillusional. The only real player I could see being traded would be Posey + 15 for 17, other than that its just going to be the Knicks offering a pick/picks.

Most likely it would be 2 second round picks which I think is a good deal in this draft, there's enough depth that two spots isn't going to matter much, I'm just guessing the Knicks are hoping Jimmer drops to 15 which isn't happening.

MUpaceSIC
06-16-2011, 09:20 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqyC7bhUYBSGLjV_Z4LqUhu8vLYF?slug=ycn-8648301

Pacers are one of a few teams trying to move up for Cleveland's #4 pick. The only viable option I can see is JJ Hickson and the #4 for Granger and the #15. If I was the Cavaliers I don't even know if I would do that deal. I guess this is just something we will have to keep on eye on as the draft grows closer. Only a week away!

(I posted this here because it wouldn't let me post a new thread for some reason)

Trader Joe
06-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Usually I disagree with your posts, but here I agree, people are being dillusional. The only real player I could see being traded would be Posey + 15 for 17, other than that its just going to be the Knicks offering a pick/picks.

Most likely it would be 2 second round picks which I think is a good deal in this draft, there's enough depth that two spots isn't going to matter much, I'm just guessing the Knicks are hoping Jimmer drops to 15 which isn't happening.

We're being delusional? Why on God's green earth would the Pacers trade our higher first round pick and a decent sized expiring contract to move down 2 spots in the draft?

bballpacen
06-16-2011, 09:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqyC7bhUYBSGLjV_Z4LqUhu8vLYF?slug=ycn-8648301

Pacers are one of a few teams trying to move up for Cleveland's #4 pick. The only viable option I can see is JJ Hickson and the #4 for Granger and the #15. If I was the Cavaliers I don't even know if I would do that deal. I guess this is just something we will have to keep on eye on as the draft grows closer. Only a week away!

(I posted this here because it wouldn't let me post a new thread for some reason)
No thanks... I would be hesitant to trade Granger for this years top pick... This draft is THAT bad... I would definitely not trade him for the fourth pick...

Since86
06-16-2011, 09:46 AM
We're being delusional? Why on God's green earth would the Pacers trade our higher first round pick and a decent sized expiring contract to move down 2 spots in the draft?

Especially when the Knicks are the ones trying to move up. The Pacers have two options, get what they want out of the deal, or stand pat.

Either way works out.

PR07
06-16-2011, 09:46 AM

Interesting. I wonder who Bird has his eye on. However, is it just me or does it seem like in every draft we're rumored to be trading up?

PacerGuy
06-16-2011, 09:50 AM

What I want to know more then what (& there's not much) we would give/get from Clev., I want to know if the Targer is not one of the top 2, then WHO? I think it has to be Kanter if we are looking to move all the way up to 4, unless we are trying to get a few spots ahead of people to get someone like Vesey or Biyombo. I do not see us making that kind of move for a player like Lenord, or Knight, or Walker.

As for including Granger - for WHAT. Hikson - No. Side-show - No. The only playe I see moving DG for (but would want MORE then just the #2, something MIN could do) would be Williams, & he won't be there @ 4.

Speed
06-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Maybe its taking on Baron Davis contract as part of getting the #4 pick.

Gamble1
06-16-2011, 10:01 AM
That really makes sense and there is no way Granger is included in any deal for a pick in this draft.

Posey and Rush would have to be a apart of the deal and even then I am not sure who else would be included to get the deal done.

PacerPenguins
06-16-2011, 10:04 AM
hmmm could it be varejao and 4th for granger 15th and maybe someone else?

PacerGuy
06-16-2011, 10:04 AM

I thought the going rate was a 1st overall! :)

Even if I shipped off Posey & D.Jones I don't like that because IMO '12 is more important then n/y, & BD's contract run thru '12-'13. That is a deal killer for me (not that I wanted him anyway).

PR07
06-16-2011, 10:06 AM

That seems like an awfully steep price. Doesn't his deal have another three years, at like 14 million per year on it?

Maybe you roll the dice if you feel someone like Kanter can be a great big man. Also, Baron Davis could possibly be a nice veteran mentor for Collison and might be a guy that could hit a big shot or two late as he's done quite a few times throughout his career.

90'sNBARocked
06-16-2011, 10:07 AM
I dont really see anyone worthy in this years draft. I would not give Granger , a proven commodity , straight up for Irving/Williams

ANY TRADE which involves us giving up Granger for a player less than his abilities, and/or a draft pick, will set this francise back for years

What I find very intersting is on multiple websites , especially hoopsworld.com, in all their cahts when each writer is asked a "Granger trade question" they all respond with "From everything I hear, the Pacers are not moving Danny"

yet all we read about is potential rumors for Danny to be traded for a draft pick

man it was so different before the rise of social media and the internet

PacerPenguins
06-16-2011, 10:08 AM
I thought the going rate was a 1st overall! :)

Even if I shipped off Posey & D.Jones I don't like that because IMO '12 is more important then n/y, & BD's contract run thru '12-'13. That is a deal killer for me (not that I wanted him anyway).

and there is no way eric gordon comes here if Baron is here

Justin Tyme

So Granger is only worth the 4th pick in a poor draft while JJ is worth the 15th?

If the Pacers wanted to trade Granger for a pick only, they could trade him to the T-Wolves for the #2 pick. Granger is worth more than even that!!!!!!!!!!!

Any trade idea of Granger with Washington has to start with the #4 and Varejao. That's just for beginners! That doesn't include the #15.

90'sNBARocked
Plus you guys really think after all the BS , Bird would bring B-Diddy into the locker room?

If that trade happen , I would imagine we would buy him out. After years in cap purgatory why the heck would Bird add a bloated contract like Davis?

Speed
06-16-2011, 10:09 AM
That really makes sense and there is no way Granger is included in any deal for a pick in this draft.

Posey and Rush would have to be a apart of the deal and even then I am not sure who else would be included to get the deal done.

I think Cleveland could sell that one to the fans, actually. You got the #1 overall, #15 BRush, Posey expiring for the #4 pick and paying 2 months of Baron Davis salary, Mo Williams, Jamario Moon, basically.

Baron has no business staying there, if they pick Kyrie anyway.

At #4 the Pacers could take any of the 3 top foreign players and have a really nice piece to the puzzle or even take Kemba as your "Mayo" type idea.

You could try to convince Baron to stay in shape and start him or actually if there's an amnesty exception use it on him.

Its a pretty steep price to pay for the Pacers, actually, to potentially eat 2 yrs of dead weight Baron Davis.

PacerPenguins
06-16-2011, 10:11 AM
ii asked 2 questions to chad ford (hopefully they get answered) about the pacers.... he has a chat today at 1 on ESPN.com

Trader Joe
Yeah, Davis has 3 years left on his deal. Not gonna bring him here.

Justin Tyme

So Granger is only worth the 4th pick in a poor draft while JJ is worth the 15th?

If the Pacers wanted to trade Granger for a pick only, they could trade him to the T-Wolves for the #2 pick. Granger is worth more than even that!!!!!!!!!!!

Speed
06-16-2011, 10:12 AM
To me, theres not one player/pick in this particular draft worth Danny Granger. If it was a package thats different, but even then it would have to be alot, imo.

MUpaceSIC
06-16-2011, 10:12 AM

I could see that. Maybe Davis and #4 for Price, Posey, D. Jones/Rush (one of the two). Would probably be expected to throw in our #15 though too.

Speed
06-16-2011, 10:14 AM
What about Ramon Sessions, he'd be a nice compliment to DC actually. He has size.

BPump33
06-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Steve Kyler from Hoopsworld just tweeted this to me:

stevekylerNBA

RT @BPump33: I read the Pacers were trying to get up to the #4. Target? ---- does not line up with what I was told by the Pacers.

Edit: I probably shouldn't have put #4 in the tweet. I should have just asked about moving up in general.

glazedham42
06-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I really hope we don't take on Baron Davis' bad contract, and his lousy work ethic. Three years of his bloated deal, and crappy attitude are too long to endure for the #4 pick in a draft that everyone has accepted as being weak at best. We waited for all this money to come off the books, and once we are finally free, we're going to take on yet another bad contract simply for the opportunity to roll the dice on a player from one of the worst draft classes in recent memory? Sounds pretty high risk, with not much chance for a high reward.

Speed
06-16-2011, 10:24 AM
I think the Pacers priorities are such.

1.) add 1 or 2 rotation guys to a young core they already like via the draft

2.) pick up FA/Trade for scoring punch off the bench - aka a guy who can create a shot

3.) a 4/5 who can defend and rebound via FA/Trade

4.) use BRush and Posey expiring as trade chip

I think all of these are intertwined and could happen in the next week via the draft or after the lockout is over and FA is open via cap room.

I think its really that simple. Sure I know we all know these things, but I'm thinking taking on Baron Davis contract doesn't fit the overall goals, even though I'm the one that suggested it.

I think anything that happens they will stick to this script as long as Larry is here. It may turn out they do nothing if there's nothing they like. They like the starting 5 from the Chicago series and so do I, so I'm okay with doing very little as an option. No reason to take huge risks at this point, imo.

naptownmenace
06-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Is there any actual information about either of the Knicks or Cavs trade rumors? Or is this just a speculation thread?

Hopefully the Pacers are trying to move up to get Utah's 12th pick in the very likely event that they can't get Cleveland's #4 pick. That would make as much sense as moving back 2 spots.

If Marshon Brooks, Jimmer, or Alec Burks is available at #15, I don't think Bird will trade the pick. It seems that he's interested in getting a scoring 2-guard out of this draft, as he should be.

PR07
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Looking on the other end, why would Cleveland do it? Since they are entering major rebuilding mode and won't be free agent players for a while, there's no real reason to trade down. Might as well get the best young talent you can. Baron Davis may have a crumby work ethic now, but I don't think they want him out of town THAT BAD.

Speed
06-16-2011, 10:40 AM
If Marshon Brooks, Jimmer, or Alec Burks is available at #15, I don't think Bird will trade the pick. It seems that he's interested in getting a scoring 2-guard out of this draft, as he should be.

It could be the opposite, if those 3 fall, he could make a move since teams would be more willing to give value if they think there is a nice player there.

I think if Brooks falls/lands whatever at #15, its Birds guy, if not I'd guess someone smitten with Jimmer could overpay to move up to get him. I really have no idea though.

I could see Bird trading down and drafting Tobias Harris or just trading out if Brooks or the other 2 mystery guys are all gone .

Speed
06-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Looking on the other end, why would Cleveland do it? Since they are entering major rebuilding mode and won't be free agent players for a while, there's no real reason to trade down. Might as well get the best young talent you can. Baron Davis may have a crumby work ethic now, but I don't think they want him out of town THAT BAD.

If they move Baron though, does it free up the ability to become Free Agent players/make incoming money trades?

Gamble1
06-16-2011, 10:44 AM
I think Cleveland could sell that one to the fans, actually. You got the #1 overall, #15 BRush, Posey expiring for the #4 pick and paying 2 months of Baron Davis salary, Mo Williams, Jamario Moon, basically.

At #4 the Pacers could take any of the 3 top foreign players and have a really nice piece to the puzzle or even take Kemba as your "Mayo" type idea.

You could try to convince Baron to stay in shape and start him or actually if there's an amnesty exception use it on him.

Its a pretty steep price to pay for the Pacers, actually, to potentially eat 2 yrs of dead weight Baron Davis.
I guess it really depends on who you get with the number 4 pick. Maybe Bird is looking at Kanter as a big with possibly starting him at pf next to Hibbert.

For all the people that say that Baron has 3 years left on his contract he actually has 2.2 years left. I agree its a steep price to pay but it could be possible to start him with Collison. Baron is just under 6'4.

Gamble1
06-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Ok after looking at the Cavs salary the deal could involve Jamison instead. That makes more sense for the Pacers but less for the Cavs unless they are high on Rush. A Jamison trade would free up Hicks to start along Varejao.

pacergod2
06-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Back to the Knicks.... I think they are probably trying to move ahead of the Sixers who are looking for a center as well. They will probably be targetting either Markieff Morris or more likely, Vucevic. I don't think they have anything that we really want or need. This deal would probably be #15 and AJ Price for #17 and Toney Douglas. I really don't see a legitimate deal, but it did mention that Knicks were contacting us, so it may have been an unsuccessful five second phone conversation.

BornReady
06-16-2011, 11:13 AM

Believe me cavs fans gobble up anything that is thrown at them. A few years ago, I had one Cavs fan tell me that Anthony Parker is as good as Ray Allen, another told me that Z can play as well as Tim Duncan, and lastly, one said that Mo Williams could EASILY lead the cavs if Lebron left. I also overheard someone saying that Ira Newble is the Cav's secret weapon off the bench and should be 6th man. This was all pre-decision, of course. All these people are no longer Cavs fans ^^

naptownmenace
06-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Ok after looking at the Cavs salary the deal could involve Jamison instead. That makes more sense for the Pacers but less for the Cavs unless they are high on Rush. A Jamison trade would free up Hicks to start along Varejao.

The only way the Pacers could make a trade for Jamison, who makes over 13 million, would be to trade Rush, Posey, and D. Jones for him. They might be able to get the Cavs #31 second round pick along with Jamison in return.

The Cavs would shed about 2 million dollars in this trade.

PR07
06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
If they move Baron though, does it free up the ability to become Free Agent players/make incoming money trades?

Would they be major free agent players even with the cap space? It doesn't look like there's a young free agent cornerstone to build off in this class. Most of the pieces are guys towards the end of the prime of their careers that a contending team or near contending team would be apt to add (Nene, Chandler, Crawford, etc.).

Even then, would free agents want to sign with Cleveland? They are rebuilding, and it's not exactly a very desirable NBA city for most NBA players with the weather and economy. They'd probably end up overpaying for players like Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva, similar to what Detroit did last offseason.

vnzla81
06-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Yep I think we are going to get another last second deal that didn't happen, my prediction is the Bobcats again.

Speed
06-16-2011, 11:55 AM

He's a good guy and I'm thankful for the site, but I'm not sure he should start.

Pacer Fan
06-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah, Davis has 3 years left on his deal. Not gonna bring him here.

His contract is up in 2012/13 ...2 more years.

Really?
06-16-2011, 12:29 PM
#15 for #17 + Bill Walker.... I think the kid has a lot of upside, just needs some pt. This all depending who is on the board at the time...

vnzla81
06-16-2011, 12:30 PM
He's a good guy and I'm thankful for the site, but I'm not sure he should start.

Yeah Hicks doesn't look to me like an starter he is more like a Morrison/Scalabrine type of guy to me. :D

90'sNBARocked
06-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah Hicks doesn't look to me like an starter he is more like a Morrison/Scalabrine type of guy to me. :D

Hicks is very cerebral

Think Kevin McHale

90'sNBARocked
06-16-2011, 12:40 PM
I would be happy if we signed NeNe and Jason Richardson

Sookie
06-16-2011, 12:43 PM
I would be happy if we signed NeNe and Jason Richardson

Yea,

NeNe is my #1 choice for PF, and we need a scoring guard, Jason Richardson is as good as any that is available.

90'sNBARocked
06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Yea,

NeNe is my #1 choice for PF, and we need a scoring guard, Jason Richardson is as good as any that is available.

I like J Rich , worry about his age

What about Jammal Crawford?

90'sNBARocked
06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Yea,

How much more do you prefer NeNe over someone like David West for example?

BornReady
06-16-2011, 12:58 PM
I like J Rich , worry about his age

What about Jammal Crawford?

I believe Crawford is very similar age to Jrich, if not the same.
I would strongly prefer Nene to West not only because West is coming off a huge injury, but he is also far more physical than West. I feel like that's what we need next to Hibbert, as opposed to West, who I think is a lot more finesse.

pacer4ever
06-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I believe Crawford is very similar age to Jrich, if not the same.
I would strongly prefer Nene to West not only because West is coming off a huge injury, but he is also far more physical than West. I feel like that's what we need next to Hibbert, as opposed to West, who I think is a lot more finesse.

Jcrawford is 2 yrs older but he doesn't play like it. Jrich has slowed down in recent years.

90'sNBARocked
06-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Cleveland could make a deal, with teams like New York, Charlotte, Indiana and Houston being active in trying to move up in the draft, but it’s not clear if anything will get done by the time the Cavs are on the clock.

By Jonathan Givony, DraftExpress.com,

I really hope we move up without giving up: PG, Danny or Ty

15 Indiana Pacers
Marshon Brooks SG
22 years old; 6’5"; 195 lbs
Providence, senior

Brooks has been rocketing up draft boards thanks to strong measurements and excellent workouts. He reportedly impressed Larry Bird so much in his workout in Indiana that the Hall of Famer could not hide his satisfaction

Pacersalltheway10
06-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Pacers get: #4 pick, R. Balkman

Knicks get: Baron Davis, #15

Cavs get: James Posey, Dahntay Jones, #17

BornReady
06-16-2011, 01:39 PM

as nice as it would be, there is no way we are getting #4 for #15, Dahntay, and Posey.

BPump33
06-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Randall (New York)

Have you heard the rumors about the Knicks offering Toney Douglas and 17 to the Pacers for 15? Why would they want to move up just 2 spots?

Chad Ford (1:38 PM)

Haven't heard that, but if they did it would be to grab Jimmer or Marshon Brooks. Brooks had a stellar workout in Indy and New York. Knicks feel Jimmer is gone if he lasts to 15. If Jimmer goes ahead of Pacers at 15, they fear they Pacers could grab Brooks instead.

Pacersalltheway10
06-16-2011, 01:46 PM
as nice as it would be, there is no way we are getting #4 for #15, Dahntay, and Posey.

How about we trade Posey, Jones, and #15 pick to Cavs for Davis and #4 . Then trade Davis to knicks for R. Balkman in a seperate trade.

CableKC
06-16-2011, 02:13 PM

The Knicks want a real PG that is dedicated to the game....they'd rather draft Fariad at #17, wait until CP3 or DWill is available ( which is anytime between now and the 2012-2013 Offseason ) then take on BDiddy and Jimmer.

Shade
06-16-2011, 02:30 PM
By Jonathan Givony, DraftExpress.com,

I really hope we move up without giving up: PG, Danny or Ty

15 Indiana Pacers
Marshon Brooks SG
22 years old; 65"; 195 lbs
Providence, senior

Brooks has been rocketing up draft boards thanks to strong measurements and excellent workouts. He reportedly impressed Larry Bird so much in his workout in Indiana that the Hall of Famer could not hide his satisfaction

I really hope we get Marshon. He'll be the steal of the draft, just like PG was last year.

Shade
06-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Randall (New York)

Have you heard the rumors about the Knicks offering Toney Douglas and 17 to the Pacers for 15? Why would they want to move up just 2 spots?

Chad Ford (1:38 PM)

Haven't heard that, but if they did it would be to grab Jimmer or Marshon Brooks. Brooks had a stellar workout in Indy and New York. Knicks feel Jimmer is gone if he lasts to 15. If Jimmer goes ahead of Pacers at 15, they fear they Pacers could grab Brooks instead.

I would prefer Brooks over Jimmer if both are available at 15.

Speed
06-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Jimmer really played well against Kemba today, I guess. He may be gone by 15, easily.

--------------

Kemba Walker, who pulled out of a potential matchup with Jimmer Fredette in Sacramento last week, left impressed after playing against BYU's star for the first time.

"Jimmer's a great player," Walker said. "I absolutely think he could play the point guard position on the next level, and today he definitely showed that. Him scoring is just a plus. He made some pretty impressive passes as well. I think he'll be great."

Walker credited Fredette for shooting the lights out, which wasn't surprising. But the UConn standout, speculated to be a top 10 pick, felt like both players held their own.

"It was a great experience for both of us," said Walker, a 6-foot-1 point guard who averaged 23.5 points and led UConn to an unprecedented five consecutive wins in as many days during the brutal Big East Tournament.

"I thought it went very well. We had a great workout in here, a lot of great guys," Fredette said. "Obviously one of the best guards in the country with Kemba — a matchup that's been anticipated by everybody for a long time.

"But," Fredette added, "I thought I did very, very well. I shot the ball well and went out there and played my type of basketball, so I thought it was great."

Via Jody Genessy/Deseret News (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700144385/Jimmer-Fredette-impresses-during-workout-for-Utah-Jazz-brass-with-Kemba-Walker.html)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214148/Fredette_Shines_In_Workout_With_Walker#ixzz1PSvKvq 8z

Hicks
06-16-2011, 02:38 PM

Put me in, coach! ;)

BornReady
06-16-2011, 02:41 PM
How about we trade Posey, Jones, and #15 pick to Cavs for Davis and #4 . Then trade Davis to knicks for R. Balkman in a seperate trade.

why do we want Balkman?

that would also entail a lot of other pieces too for matching contracts I guess. I don't really see that happening.

BPump33
06-16-2011, 02:41 PM
stevekylerNBA Steve Kyler
Malcolm Lee has a great workout for the Jazz... sources say Jimmer got a commit at #12 from Utah and dropped Houston workout afterward.

http://twitter.com/#!/stevekylerNBA

pacer4ever
06-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Malcolm Lee has a great workout for the Jazz... sources say Jimmer got a commit at #12 from Utah and dropped Houston workout afterward.

yes good for jimmer and good for the jazz:D

CableKC
06-16-2011, 02:50 PM

This isn't surprising at all.....I read other reports that said that Jimmer wasn't guardable by whichever PG that was defending him in Utah ( forgot who it was...but it was one of the top PGs in the draft ).

If that is the case....then the likely scenario in the draft would be for the 4 picks:

1 ) Cleveland - Kyrie Irving
2 ) Minny - Derrick Williams
3 ) Jazz - Jonas Valanciunas ( 1st choice ) or Enes Kantor ( 2nd choice )
4 ) Cleveland - Enes Kantor ( likely choice ) or Jonas Valanciunas ( if Kantor gos to the Jazz )

But as many have noted, I am seriously doubting that he will be there at 15 as he has to be passed by the Kings, Jazz (12) and Suns.....I can see the Kings passing on him at 7....but there is no way the Jazz or Suns pass on him.

BringJackBack
06-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Hmm.. Well I really liked Jimmer. My hope now is that we get a two way player.. A guy who can play both sides of the ball like Singleton/Brooks/Burks. The exception to this, though, would be Biyombo.

glazedham42
06-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I think Jimmer is Larry's smoke screen. I think he's really hoping for Marshon Brooks. Time will tell. I'm more excited about this draft than any for a long time, which is surprising given that the talent level is lower than usual. I just have a feeling that we're going to get a great pick again this year. Paul was obviously a steal last year.

sheppie33
06-16-2011, 03:15 PM
I would prefer Brooks over Jimmer if both are available at 15.

Both will be gone............

90'sNBARocked
06-16-2011, 03:31 PM
yes good for jimmer and good for the jazz:D

I heard he might not last past the Kings. Supposedly had a great workout there and they are high on him as well

Pacersalltheway10
06-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Have we had Iman Shumpert in for a workout?

Pacersalltheway10
06-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I think if Marshon Brooks came here, he'd be the starting SG later on. I think he's the first round steal of the draft. He reminds me of a Jamal Crawford who can play defense and has Kobe-esque moves.

CableKC
06-16-2011, 04:10 PM
I heard he might not last past the Kings. Supposedly had a great workout there and they are high on him as well
The Kings are also high on Kawhi Leonard as well....so they may pass on Jimmer there.

But realistically, I don't think that it matters.....I doubt that Jimmer gets past the Jazz at 12 or the Suns at 13.

PR07
06-16-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't really think Marshon Brooks is Larry's "sleeper", if we all think he likes him (it means it's common knowledge)...just saying.

Cactus Jax
06-16-2011, 04:32 PM

Well the expiring contract can be a non-contract at all to the Pacers, I agree its very doubtful, but if the Pacers are about cost-cutting now than they can save the rest of Posey's contract. It's not like the Pacers don't have the salary (or will) to absorb other contracts/sign free-agents as is, so having an extra 7 million on the books and the roster spot isn't necissary. The Knicks could add a couple 2nd round picks as well.

Rogco
06-16-2011, 04:32 PM
I think Jimmer is Larry's smoke screen. I think he's really hoping for Marshon Brooks. Time will tell. I'm more excited about this draft than any for a long time, which is surprising given that the talent level is lower than usual. I just have a feeling that we're going to get a great pick again this year. Paul was obviously a steal last year.

I am too. I get the feeling this is a week draft at the top, but has a lot of depth and potential, which is great for the Pacers drafting 15 and with potential and cap to possibly get another pick.

Pacersalltheway10
06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
I think Jimmer is the real smokescreen. Many write-ups about him working out with the Pacers and how Larry liked him. I think people here usually do spot the player Larry really wants because were all Pacers fans and mostly only focus on the Pacers during this time. The NBA GMs have to worry about their teams and making trades they don't really take the time to point out if one GM is throwing out a smokescreen or not. I think I made sense.

Cactus Jax
06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
This isn't surprising at all.....I read other reports that said that Jimmer wasn't guardable by whichever PG that was defending him in Utah ( forgot who it was...but it was one of the top PGs in the draft ).

If that is the case....then the likely scenario in the draft would be for the 4 picks:

1 ) Cleveland - Kyrie Irving
2 ) Minny - Derrick Williams
3 ) Jazz - Jonas Valanciunas ( 1st choice ) or Enes Kantor ( 2nd choice )
4 ) Cleveland - Enes Kantor ( likely choice ) or Jonas Valanciunas ( if Kantor gos to the Jazz )

But as many have noted, I am seriously doubting that he will be there at 15 as he has to be passed by the Kings, Jazz (12) and Suns.....I can see the Kings passing on him at 7....but there is no way the Jazz or Suns pass on him.

If the Jazz go big at 3 and the Cavs know it, then they'll take Derrick Williams at 1, and take Knight at 4. They'd prefer that combo over Irving + project big at 4, which is why they're rumored to be trading the 4 pick.

pwee31
06-16-2011, 08:01 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/stevekylerNBA (http://twitter.com/#%21/stevekylerNBA)

If true that means Brandon Knight will be available at #4. Do Jazz take Kanter at #3? If so Millsap or Jefferson may become available.

Jazz, Kings, and Suns are the Jimmer targets.

I fully believe Marshon Brooks is are target, based off the reviews and how well folks said he worked out for us.

If neither Jimmer or Marshon are at #15, you may see us trade down

CableKC
06-16-2011, 08:43 PM
If the Jazz go big at 3 and the Cavs know it, then they'll take Derrick Williams at 1, and take Knight at 4. They'd prefer that combo over Irving + project big at 4, which is why they're rumored to be trading the 4 pick.
I don't see why the Cavs would pass on the best Player in the draft just to get the 2nd best PG in the draft and Derrick Williams. From my understanding, they are set on getting another Big Man...and that if they have a choice...it would be Jonas Valanciunas ( 1st choice ) or Enes Kantor ( 2nd choice ),

CableKC
06-16-2011, 08:52 PM
If neither Jimmer or Marshon are at #15, you may see us trade down
Get ready to trade down. I think that Jimmer and Marshon will be gone at 15.

Justin Tyme
06-16-2011, 09:05 PM
I think that Jimmer and Marshon will be gone at 15.

If Brooks and Jimmer(hopefully) is gone, then I hope Burks or Singleton is still available. If not, then try to trade down and get Darius Morris.

ChristianDudley
06-16-2011, 09:25 PM
If Brooks and Jimmer(hopefully) is gone, then I hope Burks or Singleton is still available. If not, then try to trade down and get Darius Morris.

I think that it sounds like at least Singleton will be one of the ones that drops in the Draft, unless someone between 5-9 takes him. It's just a gut feeling that I have, especially given that the Jazz might have possibly given Jimmer a promise at #12 today. I think Burks could drop, too.

Pacersalltheway10
06-16-2011, 11:08 PM

The Bobcats were very interested in Baron Davis before the trade deadline. If we do aqquire the #4 and Davis for something like Posey, #15, and Rush or Jones , I could also see us moving Davis immediately to the Bobcats for Diop and Livingston.

crazylikeafox
06-16-2011, 11:38 PM

Well you would have to include Denver Nuggets in this trade since Balkman was traded to them in the Carmelo Anthony trade. Where ya been?

BornReady
06-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Well you would have to include Denver Nuggets in this trade since Balkman was traded to them in the Carmelo Anthony trade. Where ya been?

lolwut

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4148

Cactus Jax
06-17-2011, 12:26 AM

It's confusing, Balkman was originally drafted by the Knicks, traded to/or signed with the Nuggets, then was traded back to the Knicks in the Carmelo deal.

Pacersalltheway10
06-17-2011, 10:37 AM

Balkman WAS a Nugget. He's with the Knicks now. Where you been???

glazedham42
06-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Is it possible that the Knicks want Jimmer, but they know Larry will take him if he's still there at #15? Maybe the scenario is that we trade #15 (Jimmer) to the Knicks for their #17 (Brooks) and a future protected 1st round pick? Just a thought. Seems like a gamble though, when we could just take Brooks at #15 if we really want him.

Speed
06-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Is it possible that the Knicks want Jimmer, but they know Larry will take him if he's still there at #15? Maybe the scenario is that we trade #15 (Jimmer) to the Knicks for their #17 (Brooks) and a future protected 1st round pick? Just a thought. Seems like a gamble though, when we could just take Brooks at #15 if we really want him.

I think this could be right, except the future #1. I was going to say a 2nd rounder this year, but the Knicks don't have one.

In concept, I completely agree that if Jimmer is there and someone has fallen for him, that picks value becomes inflated and could be moved for some nice pieces.

imawhat
06-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I expect Jimmer to go top 7. I don't see him getting out of the top 10 and he has a promise from Utah at 12. He's not slipping to 15.

glazedham42
06-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Maybe it's not Jimmer then, but I think that the Knicks feel like we're holding them hostage at #15. I think there is someone that they want pretty bad, and they are afraid we'll take him just because their guy is our BPA at that #15 pick.

Either way, I love the draft b/c you kick around all these scenarios for 2 weeks and then on draft night everything busts loose and goes nuts. And half of what happens is a total surprise to everyone.

Tom White
06-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I think the Pacers priorities are such.

1.) add 1 or 2 rotation guys to a young core they already like via the draft

2.) pick up FA/Trade for scoring punch off the bench - aka a guy who can create a shot

3.) a 4/5 who can defend and rebound via FA/Trade

4.) use BRush and Posey expiring as trade chip

I think all of these are intertwined and could happen in the next week via the draft or after the lockout is over and FA is open via cap room.

I think its really that simple. Sure I know we all know these things, but I'm thinking taking on Baron Davis contract doesn't fit the overall goals, even though I'm the one that suggested it.

I think anything that happens they will stick to this script as long as Larry is here. It may turn out they do nothing if there's nothing they like. They like the starting 5 from the Chicago series and so do I, so I'm okay with doing very little as an option. No reason to take huge risks at this point, imo.

I think you need to include - Add veteran leadership - on your list.

Tom White
06-17-2011, 01:00 PM
A Jamison trade would free up Hicks to start along Varejao.

Wait. The Pacers are trading Hicks to Cleveland? Does that mean he'll have to rename this Cavs Digest?

Will Galen
06-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Wait. The Pacers are trading Hicks to Cleveland? Does that mean he'll have to rename this Cavs Digest?

Cavs Undigestable!

BornReady
06-17-2011, 01:08 PM

oh come on. you know he means Hickson.

Speed
06-17-2011, 01:09 PM
oh come on. you know he means Hickson.

Hicks has a kid?!?!?

Banner day, he has a son AND he may start for the Cavs.

Expect much more of this high caliber comedy in the coming lockout months.

90'sNBARocked
06-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Cant we just trade for Hicks and buy him out? Or there talking about an amnesty clause in the next CBA so we could trade him for Gilbert

90'sNBARocked
06-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I dont know man, I have met hicks before and dude scares me. I could see him starting fist-ta-cuffs in the locker room

Pacersalltheway10
06-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Knicks want Biyombo

indygeezer
06-19-2011, 12:54 PM
I dont know man, I have met hicks before and dude scares me. I could see him starting fist-ta-cuffs in the locker room

We ride together.

Pacersalltheway10
06-19-2011, 02:04 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214179/Knicks_Interested_In_Trading_Up_For_Biyombo

The New York Knicks have expressed interest in moving up in the draft to acquire Bismack Biyombo, the raw Congolese shot-blocker.

An 18-year old center who exploded onto the scene after a dominating performance in the Nike Hoop Summit in April, Biyombo has quite a few interested suitors.*

The Knicks would likely have to move ahead of Golden State at No. 11 to acquire him, while teams as high as Toronto at No. 5 are bringing him in for last-minute workouts.

Via Draft Express