PDA

View Full Version : Shaq in the middle of robbery, kidnapping, sex tape case

Basketball Fan
06-14-2011, 04:07 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/14/shaquille-shaq-o-neal-sextape-shaunie-court-divorce-nba-criminal-case-gang-members-divorce-kidnapping-robbery-robert-ross-crips/#comments-anchor

Shaq In Middle of Kidnapping, Robbery, Sex Tape Case
6/14/2011 12:00 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Shaquille O'Neal is embroiled in a criminal case in which 7 gang members allegedly kidnapped, beat up and robbed a man who claimed to have a tape showing Shaq having sex with other women while he was married to Shaunie.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Ladell Rowles -- a member of the Main Street Mafia Crip Gang in L.A. who is friends with Shaq -- along with 6 other members went on a search and destroy mission in L.A. on February 11, 2008. They believed a man named Robert Ross had the sex tape and they tried getting it back with the help of a gun or two.

According to the police report, the 7 gang members met up with Ross at a convenience store -- Pink Dot -- on the Sunset Strip. The men allegedly surrounded Ross' Rolls Royce Phantom with guns drawn, jumped into Ross' car and ordered him to drive to Rowles' house in South Central L.A.

Once there, Rowles allegedly pistol whipped Ross and demanded that he turn over the sex tape. Ross said he would get the tape and bring it back to them. The 7 men then allegedly took Ross' Rolex, diamond chain and earrings, along with $15,000 in cash -- then let Ross go.

The 7 men have been arrested and charged with robbery, kidnapping and other crimes. They are currently in the middle of a preliminary hearing and being held in jail.

We've learned LAPD detectives interviewed Shaq to determine what, if any, involvement he had in the alleged crimes. When the case file went to the D.A. Shaq was not listed as a suspect.

Now here's the interesting backstory.

Ross has a history with Shaq. Shaq and his business manager, Mark Stevens, have a record label and allegedly told Ross they would give him a 50% cut in any artists he brought to them. Ross claims he delivered Ray J to Shaq but got cut out of the deal.

Ross told cops after his falling out, he threatened Shaq by telling him about the sex tape, threatening to release it unless Shaq paid up.

As for the tape, Ross claims Shaq brought women to Ross' home and had sex with them while he was married to Shaunie. Ross told Shaq a "security camera" captured the action and it was all on tape. But Ross told cops the security camera recycles periodically and the video no longer exists.

And there's another twist. Around the time Shaq and Ross had their falling out, Shaunie separated from Shaq and Ross claims he began having an affair with her. Ross claims Shaq hired a private investigator to tail Shaunie and the P.I. caught the two together.

We put a call in to Shaq's rep ... so far, no response.

graphic-er
06-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Say it aint so Shaq!

DGPR
06-14-2011, 04:23 PM
BSPN will surely have a field day with this one.

Basketball Fan
06-14-2011, 04:26 PM
BSPN will surely have a field day with this one.

No they won't they treat Shaq with kid gloves like most of the media do ...

Shade
06-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if true, honestly.

graphic-er
06-14-2011, 04:34 PM
This just in, Shaq just bought a private island off the coast of Dubai.

Seriously you have to wonder if these mega athletes, who are almost always involved in something illegal, actually have a strong hold out side of the US jurisdiction.

Anthem
06-14-2011, 04:49 PM
these mega athletes, who are almost always involved in something illegal
Am I missing something? There's not even a hint of an allegation against Shaq here.

graphic-er
06-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Am I missing something? There's not even a hint of an allegation against Shaq here.

Um if they are some how able to prove that Shaq had the gang assualt and threaten this guy Ross for the sex tape, then yeah Shaq has got some problems.

90'sNBARocked
06-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Why the hell would Shaq need someone to go threaten someone on his behalf

7'3 325 pounds, quite sure Shaq could get it done himself

Shade
06-14-2011, 05:25 PM

Plus he knows Shaq-Fu.

http://prommanow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/shaq-fu.png

Pingu
06-14-2011, 05:32 PM
So the guy drives a Rolls Royce Phantom and lives in South Central, where he has a house with security cameras installed in the bedrooms? :confused:

90'sNBARocked
06-14-2011, 08:29 PM
So the guy drives a Rolls Royce Phantom and lives in South Central, where he has a house with security cameras installed in the bedrooms? :confused:

When keepin it real goes wrong

Basketball Fan
06-14-2011, 09:09 PM

To avoid a trail after all its easier to pin it on some gang members than Good Ole Shaq.

Why do the dirty work when you could get someone else to do it for you?

Pays to be rich

mildlysane
06-14-2011, 09:41 PM
I guess he qualifies to be a real fulltime cop now...

graphic-er
06-14-2011, 09:49 PM
I guess he qualifies to be a real fulltime cop now...

Damn, I've never seen you before on the PD and you pop out with this gem. Great post.

Anthem
06-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Um if they are some how able to prove that Shaq had the gang assualt and threaten this guy Ross for the sex tape, then yeah Shaq has got some problems.
Is that how the situation reads to you?

Looks more to me like the guy planned on blackmailing Shaq, not protecting him.

graphic-er
06-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Is that how the situation reads to you?

Looks more to me like the guy planned on blackmailing Shaq, not protecting him.

It reads to me as the Gang leader is after the sex tape on Shaq's behalf. Said they were friends.

Anthem
06-14-2011, 11:21 PM
It reads to me as the Gang leader is after the sex tape on Shaq's behalf. Said they were friends.
Keep reading.

Ross has a history with Shaq. Shaq and his business manager, Mark Stevens, have a record label and allegedly told Ross they would give him a 50% cut in any artists he brought to them. Ross claims he delivered Ray J to Shaq but got cut out of the deal.

Ross told cops after his falling out, he threatened Shaq by telling him about the sex tape, threatening to release it unless Shaq paid up.

And it's a tape Ross claims he made without Shaq's knowledge. Not sure in what way they could be called friends at this point. Former friends maybe.

graphic-er
06-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Keep reading.

And it's a tape Ross claims he made without Shaq's knowledge. Not sure in what way they could be called friends at this point. Former friends maybe.

Read more towards the top.

"Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Ladell Rowles -- a member of the Main Street Mafia Crip Gang in L.A. who is friends with Shaq -- along with 6 other members went on a search and destroy mission in L.A. on February 11, 2008. They believed a man named Robert Ross had the sex tape and they tried getting it back with the help of a gun or two.
"

The police may go after Shaq if one of these 7 gang bangers decides to implicate him. Quite frankly i'm surprise Shaq's lawyers would even advise him to speak with the LAPD.

rock747
06-15-2011, 12:37 AM
Lets all be honest, there is a underworld with most of these guys that we have no idea about. Would this story really be that surprising?

ECKrueger
06-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Lets all be honest, there is a underworld with most of these guys that we have no idea about. Would this story really be that surprising?

I am surprised there is a convenience store named "Pink Dot," why the hell would I want to shop at a Pink Dot? Also, who knew **** would go down at a place called Pink Dot?

Indra
06-15-2011, 09:34 AM

Rowles, the gang member, lives in South Central. Why are people having such a hard time following this story?

What's implied is that Shaq had his friends/goons/gang members assault an ex-associate of Shaq's to get a sex tape back. Simple as that.

bphil
06-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Who in the hell would want to see a sex tape with Shaq in it?

vapacersfan
06-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Keep reading.

:confused:

Are we reading the same article

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Ladell Rowles -- a member of the Main Street Mafia Crip Gang in L.A. who is friends with Shaq -- along with 6 other members went on a search and destroy mission in L.A. on February 11, 2008

Shaq wants tape back
Shaq hires gang to do dirty work
Gang gets caught

That is how I read it, of course making a HUGE assumption that Shaq is involved (though I would not be surprised at all)

Anthem
06-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Are we reading the same article
Apparently not. How do you square the stuff at the end of the article (supposedly factual content) with that statement (reporter's opinion)? The way I understand the timeline, it looks like this:

1. Shaq has an affair with random woman.
2. Shaq goes over to his friend's house when he wants to sleep with the woman (presumably because his wife is at home).
3. Shaq's "friend" hides a camera in the bedroom & records the tape.
4. Shaq and "friend" have disagreement about business dealings at a record label.
5. Shaq's "friend" attempts to blackmail Shaq with the sex tape.
6. "Friend" loses tape (because it got recorded over, supposedly).
7. A different man claims to have a sex tape of Shaq
8. "Friend" goes looking for said tape and beats this man up.

Interpretation aside, that's the timeline presented in this story, right?

Does it really look to you guys like this guy is looking out for Shaq's interest? Is the word "friend" really accurate in any possible way?

vapacersfan
06-15-2011, 10:57 PM
I am truly baffled you can read that article and not see how Shaq COULD not be involved.

As far as the facts, yes, it looks like you have them right. You did, however, miss the part where the man in #8 (8. "Friend" goes looking for said tape and beats this man up.) is friends with Shaq. Just a minor detail? I doubt it.... If i were a betting man I would bet Shaq paid him to go get this tape, and he was just sloppy and got caught.

EDIT: I am also confused how you can call the part you bolded fact and the part I bolded opinion. Both came from LEO sources, if not the same informant

Anthem
06-15-2011, 11:18 PM
I am truly baffled you can read that article and not see how Shaq COULD not be involved.
Oh, it's obvious that he COULD. In fact, it's a plain fact that he IS involved. I'm just saying that the "the hoodlums were Shaq's hit squad" theory is, while possible, not the best fit to the existing data. Let alone the only possible conclusion.

As far as the facts, yes, it looks like you have them right. You did, however, miss the part where the man in #8 (8. "Friend" goes looking for said tape and beats this man up.) is friends with Shaq.

If you made a Venn diagram of everyone you know, would there be much overlap between "friends" and "people who would blackmail me with a sex tape that they secretly shot while i was at their house?". Wouldn't that action pretty much define "no longer friends?"

I don't really care about defending Shaq, I'm just trying to figure out why this story looks so different to me than the rest of the board.

vapacersfan
06-15-2011, 11:23 PM
No hard feelings, Anthem.

I genuinely just read it differently (maybe the same, just jumping to a different conclusion and wording it poorly)

Anthem
06-16-2011, 09:28 AM
No hard feelings, Anthem.

I genuinely just read it differently (maybe the same, just jumping to a different conclusion and wording it poorly)
:laugh: Hey, no reason for hard feelings.

Especially since more recent (and better-written) articles seem to be backing your take on the story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6667362&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

graphic-er
06-16-2011, 09:43 AM
I think it clearly states that the gang member is a friend of Shaq's and that the Ross guy who owns the RR is former business partner with Shaq and claimed to have a sex tape of Shaq. So the conclusion we are drawing here is that Shaq may have put the gang member friend up to it all in order to try and get the tape back. The Ross Fella denied the existence of the tape saying that it had been recorded over.

Basketball Fan
06-19-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/19/shaquille-o-neal-shaq-shaunie-sextape-robert-ross-court-divorce-nba-basketball-sports-star-gang-members-kidnapping-robbery/#comments-anchor

Shaunie O'Neal: I Was Offered a 'Shaq Sex Tape'
6/19/2011 1:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaquille O'Neal's ex-wife says a former friend of the NBA star tried selling her a copy of what he claims is a sex tape featuring Shaq with various other women.

A rep for Shaunie O'Neal tells TMZ ... the man making the sex tape claims, Robert Ross, set up a meeting with Shaunie back when she had split from Shaq ... and offered to sell her the tape. Ross claims the tape shows Shaq with other women while he was still with Shaunie.

Ross claims Shaq would bring women to Ross' home and a security camera captured the action.

Shaunie says she never saw any footage -- and can't confirm if it actually exists -- but says she turned Ross down flat because she "wanted nothing to do with it."

TMZ broke the story ... Ross claims he was later kidnapped and attacked by 7 gang members -- including the leader who was friends with Shaq -- who were after the tape. The 7 men are currently on trial for kidnapping and various other charges. Ross testified in the ongoing preliminary hearing that the men threatened to kill him if he didn't fork over the tape. He claims the tape was erased.

Shaunie says she doesn't believe Ross's story ... because he's a "liar" who falsely claimed he and Shaunie had a romantic relationship after she separated from Shaq.

A rep for Shaq had no comment.

Basketball Fan
06-19-2011, 01:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6677725

Producer: Shaquille O'Neal tape 'gone'Email Print Comments263 ESPN.com news services

LOS ANGELES -- A Los Angeles music producer confirmed last week in a preliminary criminal hearing that at one point he had a tape from his home security system of Shaquille O'Neal having sex with a woman, but that it had been recorded over.

Asked by a prosecutor if he really had such a video at the time of an alleged attack and kidnapping, Robert Ross replied: "It was over. It was gone."

As previously reported in a sheriff's report, Ross testified that gang members kidnapped him in 2008 and told him the reason was an "issue" with O'Neal and his business partner.

O'Neal and business partner Mark Stevens have denied involvement in statements to investigators. Neither O'Neal nor Stevens has been charged or named in the criminal complaint.

Excerpts from the Monday preliminary hearing for seven gang members accused of kidnapping, robbery, assault and conspiracy in the attack on Ross appeared early Sunday on the Los Angeles Times' website.

In the transcripts, Ross -- who has claimed the attack came because he said he had the sex tape featuring O'Neal -- testified that his kidnappers beat him and demanded a "videotape."

O'Neal and business partner Mark Stevens have denied involvement in statements to investigators. Neither O'Neal nor Stevens has been charged or named in the criminal complaint.

Attorney Nicholas Tonsich, who represented O'Neal and Stevens, did not immediately respond to a phone message left early Sunday morning by The Associated Press.

According to the sheriff's report, Ross told investigators he was kidnapped at gunpoint by Main Street Crips gang members in West Hollywood in February 2008 and taken to the home of the gang's alleged leader Ladell Rowles. He said the gang members beat him, stole $15,000 in cash and some jewelry.

He said another of the defendants, James Harbin, told him he needed to clear up an "issue" with O'Neal and Stevens, and threatened him.

Ross' testimony is scheduled to continue on July 6.

O'Neal retired this month after 19 seasons, several of them with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Los Angeles
06-19-2011, 02:57 PM
With friends like these ...

Basketball Fan
07-16-2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/15/shaquille-o-neal-shaq-kidnapping-robbery-sex-tape-allegations-ladell-rowles-criminal-case-robert-ross-beat-up/2/#comments-anchor

Lawsuit: Shaq Told Me to KILL People
7/15/2011 2:30 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaquille O'Neal "requested and directed" his former friend to kill several people -- including a gang member, a record producer, and a woman he impregnated ... those are the shocking allegations in a new lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

Shaq's former pal Robert Ross -- an ex-gang member -- is suing O'Neal for allegedly masterminding a plot to have him kidnapped by other gang members back in 2008.

In the documents, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Ross claims O'Neal organized and funded a series of murders and brutal attacks on people who did him wrong.

In the suit, Ross alleges, "For many years O'Neal requested and directed [Ross] to perform many personal favors and directed him to perform various tasks including, but not limited to: ordering [Ross] to kill a member of the Downtown Gangster Crips who had disrespected O'Neal in front of his wife Shaunie."

O'Neal is also accused of issuing "an order to kill a woman whom O'Neal had impregnated and paid for her abortion" and "an order to kill a renown record producer."

Ross also alleges that O'Neal issued "an order to break an NBA player's shooting arm."

Ross -- who never says whether the alleged hits were carried out -- is suing for unspecified damages.

Shaq's lawyer, Michael J. Kump, tells TMZ ... "The outlandish claims by Robert Ross in his civil complaint are pure fiction. Shaquille O'Neal befriended Mr. Ross in an attempt to help turn his life around. Sadly, Mr. Ross abused that friendship again and again.

Kump adds, "Shaquille's commitment to law enforcement is well-known and documented. He will not dignify these defamanatory allegations with a response."

Shade
07-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Well, Ross just absolutely destroyed his credibility there. I'm as much a conspiracy theorist as anyone, but there's just no way Shaq tried to have people killed. Unless he's the Kingpin now. :lol:

Basketball Fan
07-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I would find it more believable had he not mentioned breaking the arm of an NBA player...

Harddrive7
07-17-2011, 06:43 PM
I would find it more believable had he not mentioned breaking the arm of an NBA player...

Well I don't recall Kobe having a broken arm so this can't be true.

Basketball Fan
07-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Well I don't recall Kobe having a broken arm so this can't be true.

My point exactly the rest I can believe Shaq would be a part of

MTM
07-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Maybe now we know why Shaq's mind couldn't concentrate on those free throw attempts

Basketball Fan
08-03-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/08/shaquille-oneal-lawsuit-accused-tracking-wife-car-abusing-police-contacts

Shaquille O'Neal Accused Of Tracking Wife's Car, Abusing Police Contacts For Intimidation -- Shocking New LawsuitShaquille O'Neal Accused Of Tracking Wife's Car, Abusing Police Contacts For Intimidation -- Shocking New Lawsuit
Posted on Aug 03, 2011 @ 12:30PM print it send it
Splash NewsBy Radar Staff

Shaquille O'Neal's legal troubles are continuing with a shocking new lawsuit that RadarOnline.com and Star Magazine have exclusively uncovered in a joint investigation.

In the filing the famed baller is accused of planting a tracking device on his wife's car, using the services of police officers and state attorneys to help him threaten and plant false evidence on a business associate, and even trying to cover-up multiple affairs, including one with a Newsweek reporter.

Shawn Darling, who originally filed a lawsuit against O'Neal in 2010, has filed an amended complaint alleging that O'Neal inflicted "emotional distress and invasion of privacy" against him. Darling became friends with the basketball star in 2007 and claims the friendship continued until 2009.

PHOTOS: Sexy Photos Of Shaq's Mistress Vanessa Lopez

In the shocking lawsuit, Darling alleges O'Neal began worrying that his wife, Shaunie, was meeting with Shaq's alleged mistress Vanessa Lopez, so he began spying on her using advanced tracking systems.

"On September 25, 2009 O'Neal purchased an Ultimate Bluetooth Mobile Phone Spy, and an Ultimate People Finder Software system," the lawsuit states.

PHOTOS: Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Party In Vegas

"At some point O'Neal had his wife's car wired and hired 'Guidepoint,' a company to place a GPS tracking system on her car to track her movements and her whereabouts.

"On September 29, 2009 nervous that Vanessa Lopez had made good on her threat to meet with his wife, O'Neal had his henchmen, Derrick Mallet, check with 'Guidepoint,' to find out where his wife had been," the documents allege.

PHOTOS: Vanessa Lopez Modeling Pics

The lawsuit claims that Mallet informed O'Neal via email about his wife's movements.

Another shocking claim in the lawsuit is that the basketball star used government officials, including police officers, retired police officers and state attorneys to help him deal with his mistress and ultimately to plant evidence on his ex-friend, Darling.

PHOTOS: Another Shaq Mistress Revealed

"Miami Beach Police Sergeant Jorge Alessandri responded to O'Neal that he got O'Neal's e-mails and that he will go over the information contained in them with a friend at the Miami-Dade State Attorney office," the lawsuit says.

"O'Neal along with Miami Beach Police Internal Affairs Unit, Sergeant Jorge Alessandri, Joe Wise, Donald Deluca, Jesus Pena, Timothy Devine, Justin Zormello, Robert Lara, Derrick Mallett, Joe Cavalerro, Jerome Crawfor, Mike Parris, and unnamed other persons embarked upon a mission to discredit, destroy, and ruin Darling in order to make sure that the proof that Darling had of O'Neals numerous acts would never see the light of day."

VIDEO: Vanessa Lopez To Shaquille O'Neal: I Think I'm Pregnant

Darling also claims tht O'Neal wanted to "frame him for possession of child pornography, have his house stormed by police, have him arrested for it, and have his computers confiscated while he is hauled off to jail as an accused child pornographer."

He goes on to state that O'Neal was afraid of being caught cheating and wanted to get copies of text messages he had sent to his mistresses, so he asked his own attorney to sue him to create a lawsuit as a means to obtain a subpoena. "O'Neal and his henchmen would stop and nothing to get what O'Neal needed. O'Neal and his henchmen gave no pause, and had no problem with the ideas of manipulating the judicial system to accomplish whatever O'Neal needed."

PHOTOS: Baller Blunders And Sexy Sirens In The Best And Worst

Darling claims that O'Neal carried on "an improper affair with reporter Allison Samuels of Newsweek magazine. If the affair came to light, O'Neal knew his mother would be furious. O'Neal believed that by harming Darling, the proof of his improper relationship with Samuels would never come to light."

The 85-page document exclusively obtained by Star Magazine and RadarOnline.com is a submission by Darling to the court that there was a systematic effort by O'Neal to discredit and implicate Darling so that his knowledge of the basketball super star's alleged affairs and misconduct would not become public knowledge.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
08-04-2011, 04:08 PM
and "an order to kill a renown record producer."

Not to keep stoking the conspiracy fire but Shaq was sort of caught up in the whole Biggie/2-pac thing. He was supposed to meet up with Biggie the night he was murdered, but conveniently fell asleep before leaving for the party.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/biggie-smalls-death-recalled-14-years-later-by-celtics-center-shaquille-oneal.html

Basketball Fan
08-09-2011, 08:06 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/09/shaq-shaquille-oneal-shaunie-richard-ross-kidnapping-sex-tape-video-criminal-case/#comments-anchor

Shaquille O'Neal Wins Huge Victory In Sex Tape Case

Shaquille O'Neal indirectly won an enormous victory today ... after a judge threw out a case against 7 gang members who were accused of kidnapping a man in order to retrieve a sex tape of Shaq.

Robert Ross -- the alleged victim -- claimed he had a sex tape showing Shaq with multiple women at different times while he was still married to Shaunie O'Neal.

Ross claimed 7 gang members kidnapped him at the direction of Shaq and tried to beat him into submission so he would cough up the video.

Today in court -- in the middle of the preliminary hearing -- the D.A. shocked the courtroom, stating they no longer had confidence in Ross based on his testimony and his actions outside of court.

Lawyers for the 7 defendants asked the judge to immediately dismiss the case -- which is exactly what the judge did.

As for why the D.A. lost confidence in Ross, for starters, during his testimony in the prelim, he admitted he had lied about having a sex tape -- something Shaq had denied all along.

Constellations
08-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Glad this is done and over with. Atleast we can all hope it is.

ECKrueger
08-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Not really extremely related, but it is Shaq. Check it out:

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/2011/08/09/shaq-spends-some-quality-time-with-his-girlfriend/?xrs=synd_facebook

mildlysane
08-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Not really extremely related, but it is Shaq. Check it out:

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/2011/08/09/shaq-spends-some-quality-time-with-his-girlfriend/?xrs=synd_facebook

Now THAT is funny!!! :laugh:

ECKrueger
08-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Now THAT is funny!!! :laugh:

Crazy :laugh: you see the other pic?

Whiskeyjim
08-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Crazy :laugh: you see the other pic?
The comments on the pictures are absolutely hilarious.

The whole sordid story sounds like Shaq's posse got too large with the inevitable in-fighting during the fall-out.

Basketball Fan
08-15-2011, 08:36 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/15/shaquille-oneal-robert-ross-lawsuit-sex-tape-gang-member-kidnapping-plot-shaunie-ex-wife-murder/#comments-anchor

Shaquille O'Neal to Accuser
You're Too LATE to Sue Me
Shaquille O'Neal wants the court to toss out a lawsuit accusing him of masterminding kidnap and murder plots because the accuser -- Robert Ross -- filed his lawsuit too late.

Shaq's attorneys filed a motion to dismiss today in Federal Court. TMZ obtained the documents in which Shaq denies the allegations made by Ross -- a former gang member -- and says, "if this case ever proceeded ... Plaintiff would be further exposed for the perjurer that he is."

The motion also states that the longest statute of limitations -- 3 years -- had long expired by the time Ross filed his lawsuit last month.

If the motion is granted, it would be the second legal blow to Ross. Just last week, the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office threw out a criminal case because it lost confidence in Ross as a reliable witness ... when he admitted to lying about having a sex tape of Shaq.

Ross' attorney Mark Overland tells TMZ, "We are not affected by what happened in the criminal case and we are moving forward."

dal9
09-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Tempe Police Allowed Shaquille O’Neal to Play Cop by Giving Him Secret Info on Software Used to Detect Kiddy Porn
A A A Comments (52) By Paul Rubin Thursday, Sep 22 2011

Just after noon on December 15, 2009, a Tempe police detective sent a very specific e-mail about how to conduct a child pornography investigation to this private address: detectiveoneal32[at]ma.com.
Detective Burke Mattlin was writing from his work computer to a former colleague, Shaquille O'Neal — a.k.a. Shaq, The Big Cactus, Diesel, and, in his recent past, Tempe police Detective S.R. O'Neal.

Yes, it was the famed basketball player. O'Neal, a brand with one of the most recognizable names and faces on the planet — had worked closely with Mattlin in 2008 and into 2009 as a peace officer credentialed by AZPOST, Arizona's police-certification agency.

Specifically, O'Neal was assigned to the Tempe Police Department's new Internet Crimes Against Children unit as a volunteer detective. But AZPOST records show that Tempe PD officials informed the agency on March 16, 2009, that "Detective" O'Neal had left the department — "separation" was the official term used.

That was a few months before the Phoenix Suns traded O'Neal to Cleveland after finishing the disappointing 2008-09 season one game short of the playoffs.

Detective Mattlin's e-mail clearly was in response to an earlier communication (that never has seen the light of day) in which O'Neal apparently asked his former mentor how best to uncover "potential illegal images" (Mattlin's words) in an unspecified police investigation into child pornography in another jurisdiction.

Mattlin refers in this missive to "your agency" and explains the workings of sophisticated police-computer software designed to track down those who share kiddy porn over the Internet or who try to lure youngsters for sex by pretending in chat rooms to be much younger than they are.

The Tempe detective tells O'Neal to first identify two or three "illegal" images on a suspect's computer through the use of those new high-tech forensic tools.

Mattlin writes, "Then you've got the PC [probable cause] to get a subpoena from the Internet service provider for the subscriber information for whoever had that IP address when GnuWatch [the police software] connected to them."

The Tempe detective continues, "Once you get your subpoena back with the subscriber info, you can write up a warrant and hit the residence. Hope this helps. Get a hold of me if you have any questions."

Mattlin signs off cheerfully: "Good luck and happy hunting!"

Tempe police Sergeant Steve Carbajal says Mattlin believed O'Neal still was working as a fellow detective, possibly for the Cuyahoga County (Ohio) Sheriff's Office, where the superstar had expressed an interest in volunteering after the trade to Cleveland.

"One police detective basically sharing his knowledge with another," says Carbajal, an agency spokesman. "From what I understand, Mr. O'Neal never specifically told Detective Mattlin what agency he may have been with or what he may have been working on."

But Shaquille O'Neal was not working in an official capacity on December 15, 2009, for any police agency.

"Mr. O'Neal never has been a peace officer in the state of Ohio," says Dan Tierney, a spokesman for the Ohio Attorney General's Office.

That is critical because, under AZPOST regulations, officers who leave a department after "termination, resignation, retirement, or separation" have "no law enforcement authority" [AZPOST's italics] until another agency hires them.

Continued at link:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2011-09-22/news/tempe-police-allowed-shaquille-o-neal-to-play-cop-in-an-attempt-to-get-dirt-on-an-enemy/

Not saying he ordered anyone killed--and the article is a bit incoherent in parts--but this is bad PR of Shaq, at least.

Best part is when he goes on the raid at a pumpkin farm, and--after the suspect asks-- he tries to deny that he is Shaq.