PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Indy Pro AM Summer League

pacer4ever
06-14-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.indyproam.com/

Is anyone going? Jmac is playing as a lot more NBA players like Zach Randolph George Hill Jeff Teague and EJ and Shelvin Mack and much more.

Just letting everyone know about this for those who are interested.

Trader Joe
06-14-2011, 04:28 PM
JMac is the type of guy who will look like the best player in the world in these games.

pacer4ever
06-14-2011, 04:35 PM
JMac is the type of guy who will look like the best player in the world in these games.

and Tom Pritchard type players will look like crap

My early favorite is either team gold, light blue or team Purple if Greg Oden is healthy :laugh:

Hicks
06-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Are these free admission, or how much are tickets?

I probably won't be able to go, but I'd like to check one game out at least.

Sandman21
06-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Nice to see BD alums Rod Sherman and Robert Glenn on the rosters.

rel
06-14-2011, 05:58 PM
yea...how much are tix?? I'd love to go

Pacer Fan
06-14-2011, 06:33 PM
The site says free admission.

El Pacero
06-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Last year was free, and this year is free as well according to the website.

There have been several former Pacers the past couple years and other local standouts. It helps the four months go by a little faster. If JMac really shows up it will be awesome.

Pacerblue
06-14-2011, 06:59 PM
These games are fun to watch and it's free.

Smoothdave1
06-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Having gone the to the Pro Am games the past several years, I wanted to note a couple of things:

-- Player attendance varies from week to week. What I'm saying is don't expect to attend a night's worth of games and see a dozen NBA players because it won't likely to occur. It's common to see maybe 1 or 2 players a night for the sessions, but I don't think I saw more than 3 NBA players last summer at any given time.

-- My understanding is that attendance will be free again this year. A couple of years ago, the games were held at Broad Ripple and there was a small admission fee, but since the move to IUPUI, the games have been free. Keep in mind that, unless you want to walk a far distance or risk a ticket, the parking garage is very accessible and is only $3 or $4

-- They do sell drinks and snacks for a reasonable fee. There are also vending machines available that offer additional items as well

-- Be courteous when it comes to watching the games. Keep in mind that you could be heckling a player and his parents, wife, girlfriend, kids, etc. could very well be sitting next to you.

-- Players are very accessible. I went last year and saw, met and spoke to numerous players, including Zach Randolph, Eric Gordon, George Hill, Shelvin Mack, etc. Keep in mind that this isn't an invitation to bring 100 basketball cards for the players to sign, but they're usually happy to sign an autograph or two, take a picture or speak to you for a few minutes

-- Don't be surprised to see special guests. I saw some Indiana Fever players, NBA scouts, college coaches, etc. last year when I attended. I also saw Gordon in the stands watching a game with a few of his friends one week that the Olympic team had off.

-- Don't expect to see the NBA finals. The NBA players will usually not go full speed during these games and risk an injury. However, the games are usually competitive and you get to see some razzle and dazzle plays

--Most importantly, have fun! The games are fun, it's neat to see a lot of these players up close and interact with them. It's definitely nice to get your basketball fix for a few months during the summer.

Doddage
06-14-2011, 07:12 PM
I absolutely would go, but I wish it still took place at Broad Ripple High. I'd definitely go in that case, as I did before.

ChristianDudley
06-14-2011, 07:34 PM
I went for one night's worth of games last year and it was absolutely awesome. Fred Jones, Andre Owens, and Eddie Gill played as well as Matt Howard. There's actually a whole lot of talent there. Even these guys that have been MIA since their high school days or JC days, they still have tons of talent and it really shows you how competitive Indianapolis and Indiana basketball in general is. It is definitely worth going imo.

croz24
06-14-2011, 08:27 PM
went a few times last year to primarily watch fromm, hopkins, and marshall from butler. only once did a legitimate nba player show up to one of these games, that being george hill, in the games i went to.

Robertmto
06-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Team Black!

graphic-er
06-14-2011, 09:56 PM
I thought Robert Glenn played for IUPUI last year?

Gordon Hayward is playing too. I'm gonna have to check this out. Where can you park nowadays at IUPUI without a permit? Can I park at the Nat Garage?

Nevermind I read the above.

El Pacero
06-14-2011, 10:59 PM
There's an IUPUI public parking lot about a block or two east of the gymnasium. I think it was $3 last year.

Smoothdave1's summary was good and reminded me last year I got to sit next to Tamika Catchings and Michael Grady.

I did like the atmosphere and location better at Broadripple, but it's still free and good (especially good for free) basketball. My biggest gripe to myself is that the announcers don't ever do enough announcing, because I usually don't know half of the guys who are playing, but always curious about their names. Last year there was a sports journalist or two tweeting the games and players names / jersey numbers which was cool for me.

imbtyler
06-14-2011, 11:18 PM
This sounds pretty awesome. I'll be home for Week 2, so I'll see if I can take a trip to see a couple nights' worth of games. It'd be pretty awesome to see McRoberts, as well as any of these other guys, especially EJ and George Hill.

Robertmto
06-14-2011, 11:24 PM
I thought Robert Glenn played for IUPUI last year?
He did but has been playing in Venezuela/Spain for the last year. He won the LPB dunk contest and just recently was named player of the week. He left his team Melilla Baloncesto in the LEB. (played against Bismack, said he was "trash" fwiw)

He also has a workout with the Kings and Hornets again this offseason.

Smoothdave1
06-14-2011, 11:29 PM
The other thing that I wanted to mention was that attendance at these games really varied. I don't think that I ever saw more than maybe 200 people at a game, which was probably comprised of 80% friends and family of a player(s). The attendees are definitely basketball fans and it's fun to chat hoops with the die-hards and even the friends and family. With twitter, I'm sure you could probably get a better idea of who may be playing when.

Maybe we should plan a PD gathering @ a Indy Pro Am game?

El Pacero
06-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Yeah, attendance at Broadripple was maybe 100 at times. The first game was 50 if they were lucky. Hibbert was supposed to show up for one game and the turnout was huge in comparison, but he was a no show. I think that was his rookie year.

Another good point SD... you can easily accidentally sit next to player's families, other players, and it's pretty cool. I talked to I think Freddie Jones mom for most of a game and learned a lot that I now forget.

ECKrueger
06-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Any idea if there is a schedule for 2011? I want to watch team Gold, E'Twaun and JaJaun are playing.

Or Etwan and Juan as the site calls them.

El Pacero
06-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Indy Pro Am Schedule 2010 (http://www.indyproam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&Itemid=146)

This gives you an idea of the schedule, except I think the first game is Tuesday the 28th as listed in the footer of the website.

ECKrueger
06-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Ya I saw that, but to be honest I am mainly interested in team Gold at the moment, so I am curious when they will be playing.

glazedham42
06-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Artest on team orange??? What is his Indiana connection other than ruining our team and leaving?

The Sleeze
06-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Any idea if there is a schedule for 2011? I want to watch team Gold, E'Twaun and JaJaun are playing.

Or Etwan and Juan as the site calls them.

Juan Johnson - The Spanish Enforcer

BRushWithDeath
06-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Artest on team orange??? What is his Indiana connection other than ruining our team and leaving?

He still keeps a home in Zionsville and quite a large group of his family lives there year round.

Sandman21
06-15-2011, 03:13 PM
I believe he is also on record as saying he still loves living here.

ChristianDudley
06-15-2011, 04:58 PM
I'll also add in that Jeff Green is supposed to actually play in this league this summer, unlike last year when he was supposed to play but never showed up once.

El Pacero
06-24-2011, 04:24 PM
George Hill discusses the 2011 ProAm Summer League

http://www.fox59.com/videobeta/40baeccc-a4f9-467f-8a48-f4abb240730a/Sports/George-Hill-and-Carlos-Knox-discuss-2011-Indy-Pro-Am-at-IUPUI

He was always my favorite player to watch at ProAm games.

tikitomoka
06-24-2011, 06:41 PM
It was a bit of a letdown last year. Went a few times and Gordon only showed once, z-Bo showed two maybe three tops, hill was there and that was about it. I wouldn't count on seeing more than one or two nba guys a week, and 100% not all the guys listed on the site.

ChristianDudley
06-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Just going to pass on this info, but Ron Artest's brother Daniel Artest is going to be playing starting tomorrow in this Pro-Am, and I asked him if Ron would show up to any of these games this summer and he told me "I highly doubt it."

So I'm assuming it will be safe for us to show up and watch these games now lol, j/k.

Sandman21
06-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Well, of course RON probably isn't going to show, Metta World Peace on the other hand....... :D

ChristianDudley
06-27-2011, 03:36 PM
lol, good point haha

NewEra
06-27-2011, 05:12 PM
I hope Lance plays a lot. Hes gonna look like jordan against some of these college kids.

ChristianDudley
06-27-2011, 07:06 PM
You'd be surprised. There is excellent talent from Indy that nobody has really seen before, at least for the most part, that comes to these games.

Pacersalltheway10
06-27-2011, 08:18 PM
I'll also add in that Jeff Green is supposed to actually play in this league this summer, unlike last year when he was supposed to play but never showed up once.

The Celtics Jeff Green? What's his connection?

ChristianDudley
06-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm assuming Roy Hibbert. Other than that I have no clue.

ChristianDudley
06-28-2011, 11:40 AM
George Hill, Eric Gordon, Shelvin Mack, and of course some other really good local talent will be playing tonight @ IUPUI. Gordon plays at 9, which I believe is the latest game of the night.

Since86
06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Roy tweeted today that he isn't going to play, at all. Said something about the lockout and the possibility of him getting hurt.

wseward
06-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Surprised to see a bunch of current/old IU players in the games.... nice to not see that many boilers

The Sleeze
06-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Here is Roy's tweet:

@Hoya2aPacer Roy Hibbert
Idk who keeps puttin my name out there. But Im not playin in the Indy Pro Am Summer League. I won't b in Indy. Lockout n I get hurt hell nah

ChristianDudley
06-28-2011, 12:29 PM
well it seems like a smart move by Roy...I'm always more concerned about big guys like him than I am even about guards for some reason. Probably a wise decision on his part.

pacer4ever
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Lance was there tonight glad he is working on his game. I couldn't go but im going Thursday

<iframe title="Twitvid video player" class="twitvid-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=THZT3&autoplay=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

via EL Pacero

pacer4ever
06-28-2011, 10:45 PM
I went for the final game. It was the worst game i have ever seen EJ play in his whole career. But DJ White played good and their team won. Lance put up 25 and his team won by 30 EL Pacero told me and said he looks to be in great shape.

Paul George and AJ Price were on the green team rosters but i dont think they played. Most Pacers were on a roster like Hibbert was on a roster but he wont play.

Trophy
06-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Lance is really looking to turn over a new leaf.

Staying in Indy and working his tail off to get better and hopefully get consistent minutes in the rotation.

He's definitely a solid baller and his character seems to be improving this summer so far.

I'm glad his mind is on basketball and is staying in Indy.

Pacerfan
06-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Ron Artest's brother

TheRealDMArtest Daniel Artest
Lance Stephenson was killing. Me and him had play of game. I threw him a bounce alley opp just above half court.
1 hour ago

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRealDMArtest

If Lance keep this up over the summer and doesn't do anything stupid I will really want him to get some minutes next season.

ChristianDudley
06-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Lance is definitely a major baller, and imo, he's one of those rare breed players that have have an "elite" feel to their game...I know OJ Mayo was like this until he hit a brick wall in Memphis, but still shows the elite talent that he's had, and then of course guys like Griffin, LeBron, etc...You can even include Oden--Lance is just one of those sensational type of players. I'm glad to have him in Indy as a Pacer, but he just needs to not have anymore of these locker room and off the court issues.

pacer4ever
06-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Ron Artest's brother

Lance Stephenson was killing. Me and him had play of game. I threw him a bounce alley opp just above half court.
1 hour ago

If Lance keep this up over the summer and doesn't do anything stupid I will really want him to get some minutes next season.

Ron Artest brother is Tractor Traylor 2.0 he is huge. When i got there Lance's team was up big they had like 5 minutes left. Lance played 30 minutes straight and he was gased when i was there. Lance was trying really hard you can tell he loves to compete no matter what. EJ on the other hand wasn't trying.

Lance plays at 6pm on Thursday

pacer4ever
06-28-2011, 11:31 PM
<iframe title="Twitvid video player" class="twitvid-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=3RVF6&autoplay=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Lances only sloppy play all night EL pacero said

Sookie
06-29-2011, 12:02 AM
I went for the final game. It was the worst game i have ever seen EJ play in his whole career. But DJ White played good and their team won. Lance put up 25 and his team won by 30 EL Pacero told me and said he looks to be in great shape.

Paul George and AJ Price were on the green team rosters but i dont think they played. Most Pacers were on a roster like Hibbert was on a roster but he wont play.

good. He needs to be put in a bubble.

Is Tyler on a team? He better wear a helmet if he is..:laugh:

pacer4ever
06-29-2011, 12:06 AM
good. He needs to be put in a bubble.

Is Tyler on a team? He better wear a helmet if he is..:laugh:

no Tyler isn't i will post the complete rosters later. But i really doubt AJ plays in any games. Paul might play but i doubt it. They should of put Lance and Paul on the same team.

I truly believe Lance will play every game he loves playing b ball and he will be in town. George Hill will be out of town i think tonight was the only chance to see him.

The funniest thing all night was they actually had real NBA refs

EDIT the rosters are up to date at their website now

http://www.indyproam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108&Itemid=139

pacer4ever
06-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Surprised to see a bunch of current/old IU players in the games.... nice to not see that many boilers

Jordan Hulls and Sheehee played toinght i believe

ChristianDudley
06-29-2011, 12:54 AM
they had a lot of IU guys there playing tonight supposedly and I heard that Tom Crean sent the entire team to at least watch if not play in the games tonight.

Pacerfan
06-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Lance offensive skills is crazy. 6'6" and is unstoppable in iso mode.
2 hours ago

I'm just working on my defense and rebounding. Lance Stephenson is the offense. And after last night. Why he's not playing on pacers?

Ron's brother again. Looks like he really likes Lance's game. That's saying a lot since I'm sure he's played with Ron and other NBA players.

pacer4ever
06-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Mike Wells said he is coming by to watch Lance and Daniel Artest tomorrow via twitter.

graphic-er
06-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Mike Wells said he is coming by to watch Lance and Daniel Artest tomorrow via twitter.

You think Wells will start heckling from the crowd? LOL.

PacerGuy
06-29-2011, 10:47 PM

We will likely read a story how Lance in the ONLY Pacer player attending because he is a polorizing personality & the team does not want to be around him. :(

pacer4ever
06-29-2011, 10:49 PM
You think Wells will start heckling from the crowd? LOL.

lol

i bet Lance drops 30 2mrw i mean he dropped 25 on Will Sheehey of IU who is a decent defender and Shelvin Mack guard him also i believe. I was surprised by how much defense some of them play DJ White was playing as hard as he would in a real game.

here is some more highlights but only show case IU players Lance is on the Black team #1
starts at about 1:40
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7NcIk7DzBTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pacer4ever
06-29-2011, 11:06 PM
http://www.1070thefan.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1450404 this article puzzles me thogh

It was Will Sheehey, though, who stole the show in game three with a pair of dunks that got the crowd out of their seats. Along with his highlight reel dunks came outstanding perimeter shooting and a solid defensive performance on Indiana Pacer guard Stephenson.

“He is a great player obviously,” Sheehey said. “It is not everyday that you get to guard an NBA player. I like taking pride in things like that.”

Lance dropped 25 points and Lances team won by 30 points i guess they consider that good defense? just confusing why they say that.

Sookie
06-29-2011, 11:27 PM
http://www.1070thefan.com/news/Story.aspx?ID=1450404 this article puzzles me thogh

Lance dropped 25 points and Lances team won by 30 points i guess they consider that good defense? just confusing why they say that.

was he forcing Lance into tough shots, and Lance was just making them or was Lance having his way.

ChristianDudley
06-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Yes, Sheehey battled with Lance a little, but no way did Sheehey shut Lance down or anything like that--Lance was still KILLING the competition no matter who was on him, at least from what all I've seen and gathered from yesterday's game. I guess they're trying to boost Will Sheehey's stock or something--or IU's lol.

Trophy
06-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Lance Stephenson = BEAST!

The guy's been tearing it up and his scoring the lights out.

He's faking guys out left and right and is getting right to the hoop. Not saying the defense is bad, he's just tearing it up with his streetball type of combo guard offense.

pacer4ever
06-30-2011, 12:55 AM
was he forcing Lance into tough shots, and Lance was just making them or was Lance having his way.

No Lance was having his way but i mean Sheehe is a young guy so i don't expect him to shut down Lance. Sheehe is probably one of the better defenders there i like his game very athletic. The way El Pacero said Lance only missed one or two jumpers and made like 5 he said he was getting to the rim very well. By the time i got there Lances team was up 25 and he wasn't playing anymore.

El Pacero
06-30-2011, 01:47 AM
That article is upside down. Sheehe had two really sweet dunks for the height he is and the crowd responded. Besides playing Lance as best he could, he didn't do much else. Lance could get inside anytime he wanted to.

Lance had at least four dunks that got the crowds attention, and three crossovers that also got oohs and awes. One in particular got stares at me from others due to my response (used to it.) It was crazy good.

Even when not playing point, Lance took control in an unselfish way and took it to the basket. He also had a sweet jump shot a time or two. Lance stole the show that game, and Sheehe was the only other guy that got any kind of response (the announcer said, "White boys can jump.")

He played the first 20 minutes straight, took a two minute break at halftime, and played for another 10 minutes. He was out for five and came back for the final five minutes. I was thinking he looked winded and was laying back near the middle of the game, but not sure if that was wind or modesty as I think he was the only NBA player on the court. Anytime he missed a shot (only a handful if I remember correctly) he seemed more mad at himself than any other player and was really into the game.

I told pacer4ever I think Lance got around 25 points. Lance showed that he could take control, go inside and easily get his own shot against the guys there. Will be interesting to see him go up against EJ and DJ's team as pacer4ever mentioned to me.

Oh yeah, Ron Artest's brother is a lot more fun to watch on the court than on the twitter.

ChristianDudley
06-30-2011, 01:52 AM
so El Pacero, did you wear the mask to the Pro-Am?? I just had to ask!! You gotta spread that Pacers fever you know.

El Pacero
06-30-2011, 02:08 AM
When do I not wear the mask Christian? I try to hide in the back, or watch from the locker room, to not cause too much commotion since it's not a crazy Pacers game. This is my 3rd year and they keep on improving it. I'm a fan if you can't tell.

ChristianDudley
06-30-2011, 11:55 AM
haha, I was hoping you'd wear it. #PacerPride

pacer4ever
06-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Tom Crean was there tonight and saw a great show out of Victor Oladipo he owned tonight he dominated and led his team to an OT win over Shelvin Mack and Will Sheehey.

Dan Burke was there watching Lance and talked to him after the game. Lance didn't show up until half time of his game and scored 15 in the 2nd half but he played poor IMO and his team lost.

Bonzi Wells played and IMO he is D-O-N-E done he is slow and washed up

Tyler Morris stole the show in the final game. He is about 5'9 and he was unstoppable

Victor Oladipo really impressed me the game he played was really good. That game was the game of the night IMO an OT thriller.

KingGeorge
06-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Tom Crean was there tonight and saw a great show out of Victor Oladipo he owned tonight he dominated and led his team to an OT win over Shelvin Mack and Will Sheehey.

Dan Burke was there watching Lance and talked to him after the game. Lance didn't show up until half time of his game and scored 15 in the 2nd half but he played poor IMO and his team lost.

Tyler Morris stole the show in the final game. He is about 5'9 and he was unstoppable

Victor Oladipo really impressed me the game he played was really good. That game was the game of the night IMO an OT thriller.

Oladipo is a beast. I have always enjoyed watching him because he plays with so much emotion.

El Pacero
06-30-2011, 10:50 PM

Couldn't make it tonight, but what I saw from Tuesday, I agree 100%.

Did Lance not play 1st half or only showed up 2nd half?

pacers74
06-30-2011, 10:52 PM
I am guessing they this isn't effected by the lockout. Pretty cool, since the summer leagues are cancelled. At least Lance, G.Hill and a lot of the young guys coming into the league are getting court time during the lockout.
I am goin gto try and check this out one night. I would like to see Lance, G.Hill , JJ and Moore play too. Can someone tell what teams they are on? Someone posted something about a Gold team, but I don't see it on the website.

pacer4ever
06-30-2011, 10:54 PM
I am guessing they this isn't effected by the lockout. Pretty cool, since the summer leagues are cancelled. At least Lance, G.Hill and a lot of the young guys coming into the league are getting court time during the lockout.
I am goin gto try and check this out one night. I would like to see Lance, G.Hill , JJ and Moore play too. Can someone tell what teams they are on? Someone posted something about a Gold team, but I don't see it on the website.

Gold team isnt there any more. George Hill is done for the rest of the league he has previous engagements. Follow their twitter and the post who will play on the day.

JJ is on team gray but hasn't played yet.

http://twitter.com/#!/IndyProAmHoops

pacer4ever
06-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Couldn't make it tonight, but what I saw from Tuesday, I agree 100%.

Did Lance not play 1st half or only showed up 2nd half?

He showed up at half time. He didnt look good at all(he still scored a lot) But he gave about as much effort as EJ did tuesday.

EDIT he should be on the news tonight he had a interview with Rich Nye of WTHR 13

and i forgot to give props to Jerrod Jones. He was killing so was Micheal Scott they owned Lances team. Micheal Scott is really good and Jerrod was dominating in the paint(but Daniel Artest wasn't there).

ECKrueger
06-30-2011, 11:53 PM
I just have to root for Micheal Scott.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N8sZJgxnPe0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

El Pacero
07-01-2011, 12:28 AM
He showed up at half time.

Thanks for the great news.

pacer4ever
07-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Butler's Chrishawn Hopkins had a monster game also i forgot about him he can shoot. He had a couple nasty dunks also.

pacer4ever
07-01-2011, 09:07 AM
http://www.fox59.com/sports/wxin-063011-stevenson-lockout-story,0,2339000.story

Lance interview says he is staying in indy but might go back to NY for awhile

Hulls and Victor Oladipo
http://www.fox59.com/sports/wxin-063011-indiana-university-basketball-victor-story,0,3028897.story

sorry i said Lance scored 15 points actually 17 lol

pacer4ever
07-05-2011, 12:03 AM
IndyProAmHoops Indianapolis Pro Am
RT @ScottAgness JaJuan Johnson, @GordonHayward & Jake Kelly will play in @IndyProAmHoops at IUPUI tomorrow beginning at 6pm. Free admission

yes J.J!!!!

Hicks
07-05-2011, 12:16 AM
:sigh: It seems like I'm never going to be able to check one of these out. Certainly not this month, most likely.

How long do these go on again?

pacer4ever
07-05-2011, 12:20 AM
:sigh: It seems like I'm never going to be able to check one of these out. Certainly not this month, most likely.

How long do these go on again?

championship game is august 4th i think it is on the website

and a reminder no games Thursday due to IUPUI already has something booked

pacer4ever
07-05-2011, 06:39 AM
https://thegoodmanleaguelive.com/Home_Page.html\

http://dimemag.com/2011/06/kevin-durant-is-taking-the-goodman-league-indoors/

this is the best summer league (besides the one on the west coast) they play damn near every day. John Wall and Kevin Durant and Demarcus Cousins play. Im pretty sure this is the league Roy Hibbert plays in also Wells said he plays in a summer league near home.

pacer4ever
07-05-2011, 10:28 AM
EJ is scheduled to play at 9PM and expected to show up tonight. Should be the best night for talent so far.

Now Gordon Hayward cant play now he hurt his ankle

pacer4ever
07-11-2011, 04:41 AM
I am so excited one of my favorite players is confirmed for Tuesday Alex Burks of the Jazz

Gordon Hayward is expected to play

Zbo is rumored to play also

from team USA Khyle Marshall also might play

ChristianDudley
07-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Wow Alec burks is coming to he Indy pro-am to play? Does he have any particular ties to Indiana? Seems like some great talent is really starting to come through.

pacer4ever
07-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Wow Alec burks is coming to he Indy pro-am to play? Does he have any particular ties to Indiana? Seems like some great talent is really starting to come through.

maybe bonding with Hayward lol. I just hope he shows one of my favorite players in college ball last year.

pacer4ever
07-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Daequan Cook

is confirmed also. But EJ was confirmed last week and didn't show so:hmm:

The likes of @ssSTRETCH @DcookIsBack @JaJuanJohnson @TheofficialEG10 @dj_white3 @BonziWells @Gordonhayward @BUmack1 @AlecBurks10 will be at the #Jungle tomorrow

Danny has been spotted at the Drew league in Compton where Ron Artest Nick Young and Reke Evans and many more play

http://www.drewleague.com/Gallery.html

ChristianDudley
07-11-2011, 06:28 PM
yeah, DeRozan and even more NBA guys play there at the Drew League.

Pacergeek
07-11-2011, 07:21 PM
can someone please explain the rosters on the program to me? it list all these big names of NBA stars, but few of them are playing. Why is the program so misleading?

ChristianDudley
07-11-2011, 10:49 PM
The players have their own personal schedule and do what they want--David Stern isn't running this so they are free to leave for vacation and other things when they want. I wish most of these guys would just stick around and keep true to their commitment, though.

pacer4ever
07-12-2011, 07:22 AM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20110712/SPORTS04/107120302/1062/SPORTS04

This is the perfect time for Knox's league to expand because of the NBA's current lockout. There is no timetable for when it might end.The league was supposed to conclude in early August. But the plan now is to extend it as long as possible so players have an avenue to find competitive games. Games are played with NBA rules, including a 24-second shot clock and 3-point line.:happydanc

Stephenson barely played during his rookie season with the Indiana Pacers. He'll work out with a personal trainer in Indianapolis most of the summer because he can't use the facilities at Conseco Fieldhouse. The rest of his time will be spent at the Pro Am.:happydanc

tikitomoka
07-12-2011, 03:37 PM
can someone please explain the rosters on the program to me? it list all these big names of NBA stars, but few of them are playing. Why is the program so misleading?
Because the guy that runs it is full of crap most of the time.

The players have their own personal schedule and do what they want--David Stern isn't running this so they are free to leave for vacation and other things when they want. I wish most of these guys would just stick around and keep true to their commitment, though.
I can guarantee that guys like Ron Artest never actually made a commitment. Hibbert himself said that he didn't know why he was on a roster. Knox says some of these guys are coming based on a suggestive tweet or minimal face-to-face conversation.

pacer4ever
07-12-2011, 05:16 PM
TheofficialEG10 Eric Gordon
Headed to the pro am later today at 7. Hope everyone can be there.

so EJ is for sure playing 2nite :happydanc:happydanc

PacerGuy
07-12-2011, 06:20 PM
TheofficialEG10 Eric Gordon
Headed to the pro am later today at 7. Hope everyone can be there.

so EJ is for sure playing 2nite :happydanc:happydanc

P4E, you better do some recruiting for us, because if he stays in LA, I'm blaming you!!!
:mad: ..... ;)

ECKrueger
07-12-2011, 09:57 PM
PG: "Me and Lance gone be runnin in the Indy pro am soon !"

Day-V
07-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Eric played good tonight. Was surprisingly emotionally involved tonight.

pacer4ever
07-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Eric played good tonight. Was surprisingly emotionally involved tonight.

I actually thought he played poor lol but im a tough critic. That last play i saw him turning it over all the way he was way to predictable there. He did play with a bit of energy and was 100x better than opening night at the pro am.

you guys left to early Victor Oladipo is the truth i am expecting a breakout season at IU 4 him.

on the PG tweet his team needs to trade Bostic for PG Bostic plays to much like Lance but Bostic is very good.

J.J is so soft in these games he doesnt look good Jrod Jones was working him.

Day-V
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
I will say that he should've pulled up for the 3 rather than drive it into traffic at the end. That wasn't a smart move on his part.

Psyren
07-12-2011, 10:36 PM
So I've never been to the Indy Pro-AM Summer League, but me and a buddy may want to check it out.

Will they be playing Thursday from 6-10? I went to IUPUI so I know where to go, I"m just curious if those are the times.

pacer4ever
07-12-2011, 10:37 PM
So I've never been to the Indy Pro-AM Summer League, but me and a buddy may want to check it out.

Will they be playing Thursday from 6-10? I went to IUPUI so I know where to go, I"m just curious if those are the times.

yes sir

pacer4ever
07-12-2011, 10:42 PM
I will say that he should've pulled up for the 3 rather than drive it into traffic at the end. That wasn't a smart move on his part.

ya i talked to him after the game and he said that. He stayed until 10 and talked to a bunch of people. Ever since last season he started to playing like Dwade in the since he is always attacking the rim. He use to settle to much the good thing about EJ is he is always trying to get better and evolve his game.

Psyren
07-12-2011, 10:56 PM
yes sir

Admission is free, correct?

ChristianDudley
07-12-2011, 11:04 PM

Yes, it is free to get in. They have some concessions available for purchase, though.

pacer4ever
07-12-2011, 11:07 PM

yes

thatch3232
07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
yes

So any idea on an official date PG and Lance will be playing? Cuz when they are, I gotta check that out

tikitomoka
07-13-2011, 12:18 AM
So any idea on an official date PG and Lance will be playing? Cuz when they are, I gotta check that out

Don't hold your breath. No ones gonna know until a day or two before when Paul says something on twitter. Lance is there almost every night though (except tonight)

pacer4ever
07-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Don't hold your breath. No ones gonna know until a day or two before when Paul says something on twitter. Lance is there almost every night though (except tonight)

actually Lance has only been there 1 and 1/2 times. He hasn't been there in a few weeks.

pacer4ever
07-13-2011, 02:14 AM
also Day V you know EJ is into a game when he complains about calls to the refs lol.(he is bad about that)

Day-V
07-13-2011, 02:30 AM
also Day V you know EJ is into a game when he complains about calls to the refs lol.(he is bad about that)

He was pouting ALOT towards the end.

So was Andre Owens in the first game, for that matter.

pacer4ever
07-13-2011, 03:12 AM
He was pouting ALOT towards the end.

So was Andre Owens in the first game, for that matter.

EJ is always like that and has always been like that. Andre Owens honestly was terrible and should of just shut his mouth:laugh:. But watching team green play is fun they play very good basketball and our team driven only team like that in the league. There pg's are really good. The short white guy reminds me of Travis Diener the 1st week he scored like 35. I forget his name but tonight it was the other pg on green who was unreal i think he had around 35. But he didn't take bad shots just shots within the offense he just didn't miss.

PacerGuy
07-13-2011, 09:27 AM
PG: "Me and Lance gone be runnin in the Indy pro am soon !"

I thought all of Lance's teamates hated him?

ECKrueger
07-13-2011, 03:28 PM

Consider parking prices as well.

tikitomoka
07-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Consider parking prices as well.

There's free parking down there

ECKrueger
07-13-2011, 05:02 PM
There's free parking down there

From what I heard though the closest place is a garage that is like $3. There is always free parking somewhere, but I was not sure where or how close. Just something else to keep in mind. He went to iuPUI though, so I am sure he can figure it out.

tikitomoka
07-13-2011, 05:12 PM
From what I heard though the closest place is a garage that is like $3. There is always free parking somewhere, but I was not sure where or how close. Just something else to keep in mind. He went to iuPUI though, so I am sure he can figure it out.

They stop charging at that garage after a certain time, atleast that's how it's been the two times I've gone this year.

ECKrueger
07-13-2011, 05:16 PM
They stop charging at that garage after a certain time, atleast that's how it's been the two times I've gone this year.

This is what I was remembering:

-- My understanding is that attendance will be free again this year. A couple of years ago, the games were held at Broad Ripple and there was a small admission fee, but since the move to IUPUI, the games have been free. Keep in mind that, unless you want to walk a far distance or risk a ticket, the parking garage is very accessible and is only $3 or $4

That is good though if it is free after a certain time. It probably is, that is how Purdue is. Outside of class hours it is usually free.

Day-V
07-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Thank God for my Campus Parking Pass. We parked right outside the Nat's gates.

pacer4ever
07-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Thank God for my Campus Parking Pass. We parked right outside the Nat's gates.

ya the week before they were ticketing people. BUT you could by a campus pass for $4 after they gave u a ticket lol/

Psyren
07-14-2011, 03:09 PM
So can we park in the Nat's parking garage for free tonight? Or do we have to use the visitor garage over on Vermont St? (I don't have my campus parking pass anymore, it's been a year since I went there).

tikitomoka
07-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Alec Burks and Bonzi are both confirmed for tonight. Sounds like Shelvin Mack is going to be there too, and I'm still trying to get Gordon Hayward to come as well.

ECKrueger
07-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Apparently the ex-Boilers lit it up tonight :)

"At @IndyProAmHoops tonight, the new 'green team' of Johnson and Moore combined for 43 in a win over unbeaten Team Green." from Black and Gold.

Lou Bega
07-15-2011, 07:50 AM
pacer4ever

You are right about A Burks. Dude is going to be real good. I enjoyed watching him hoop last night.

Team Green only had 6 players. I thought there would be a way better turnout w/ it being Black Expo weekend guess the dudes were out & about not wanting to hoop.

I saw AJ Moye there last night. He looked healthy. He did not play but was around.

OakMoses
07-15-2011, 08:12 AM
pacer4ever

You are right about A Burks. Dude is going to be real good. I enjoyed watching him hoop last night.

Has Utah had a decent SG since Jeff Hornacek? It's almost an unfathomable concept.

Lou Bega
07-15-2011, 08:29 AM
mellfious

Good point.

I dont know if you were there last night or not. The kid is legit. NBA Body long arms (needs to gain weight & will only 20 years old) Nice penetration, can handle the ball, score, and play defense. Teams are going to regret passing on him.

I really think if he was available @ 15 the Pacers would not have traded for George Hill.

pacer4ever
07-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Has Utah had a decent SG since Jeff Hornacek? It's almost an unfathomable concept.

But it is Solan he would always play the good defender like Raja Bell. Solan system really was focused more on the pg and pf. They have really not had good C's or SG's even during there winning years. Thats just my opinion I doubt if Solan was coach they draft Burks. He is a weak defender right now and needs a lot of coahing. But the kid will be really good in a few years IMO.

about his handles that's why i wanted him you just cant teach those handles . He will be a great scorer in a few years IMO. And his weakness is shooting but in the NBA all you do all the time in practice is shoot easiest thing to improve if you are a gym rat.

What game did Burks play in and how many points?(I left after the 1st game)

daschysta
07-15-2011, 12:31 PM
But it is Solan he would always play the good defender like Raja Bell. Solan system really was focused more on the pg and pf. They have really not had good C's or SG's even during there winning years. Thats just my opinion I doubt if Solan was coach they draft Burks. He is a weak defender right now and needs a lot of coahing. But the kid will be really good in a few years IMO.

about his handles that's why i wanted him you just cant teach those handles . He will be a great scorer in a few years IMO. And his weakness is shooting but in the NBA all you do all the time in practice is shoot easiest thing to improve if you are a gym rat.

eaton was a beast

Pacergeek
07-15-2011, 02:00 PM

Burks played in game 2. 17 points. Had some flashy dunks. Was fun to watch.

pacer4ever
07-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Burks played in game 2. 17 points. Had some flashy dunks. Was fun to watch.

what team was he on?

tikitomoka
07-15-2011, 05:12 PM
what team was he on?
grey/gray/silver

Pacersalltheway10
07-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I finally get to go this Tuesday. Hoping to see some Chrishawn Hopkins. Is he still playing?

tikitomoka
07-15-2011, 05:20 PM
I finally get to go this Tuesday. Hoping to see some Chrishawn Hopkins. Is he still playing?
he was there both nights this week and told me he was gonna be there in two weeks when i asked him since i'll be out of town all next week, so i'll guess he'll still be there next week as well.

pacer4ever
07-15-2011, 05:32 PM

he has played every week (I have been to all of them :laugh:)

He actually is one of the best players most nights the guy is like a pest he plays so hard and never quits.

Pacergeek
07-16-2011, 07:50 PM
he has played every week (I have been to all of them :laugh:)

He actually is one of the best players most nights the guy is like a pest he plays so hard and never quits.

what do you think about Deonta Vaughn? He seems to be intense out there. I think he is one of the top guys playing.

pacer4ever
07-18-2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/david_aldridge/07/18/morning-tip/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

pacer4ever
07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
JeffRabjohns Jeff Rabjohns
Cleveland Cavaliers F Christian Eyenga expected to play on same team with Utah Jazz draft pick Alec Burks in indy Pro Am Tuesday.

JeffRabjohns Jeff Rabjohns
Houston Rockets F Patrick Patterson (Kentucky) expected to play in the Indy Pro Am Tuesday.

Pacergeek
07-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Also Patrick Patterson.

graphic-er
07-18-2011, 11:11 PM

Hopkins is gonna be a stud for Butler next year. Not so sure about Marshall yet, he looked very green last year.

90'sNBARocked
07-19-2011, 01:31 PM
I would love to know how Pattrick Patterson does. I think he is going to be really solid

pacer4ever
07-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Lance and Alec went off. Lance had 32 and 5 ish assist and Burks had 33.

God if Lance was as good as he is on offense on defense he would be a hell of a player. Lance needs to get into better shape but Lance has all the makings of a great scorer. I just wish someone would convince him if he played defense and didn't make a few stupid plays and hustled he could be what Larry said he is.

Alec Burks is great and unlike Lance he decided he would play defense. I mean this if Lance could play even average defense and hustled like Alec did he would be great

Matt Howard was great and his team played with so much heart and hustle.

and to add to this im glad we didnt draft MarShon Lance is just as good of scorer and is much younger if he finally "gets it" we have a great talented scorer.

pacer4ever
07-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Hopkins is gonna be a stud for Butler next year. Not so sure about Marshall yet, he looked very green last year.

Hopkins had 15 at halftime I had to leave but he is really good love how he hustles all the time.

Psyren
07-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Lance and Alec went off. Lance had 32 and 5 ish assist and Burks had 33.

God if Lance was as good as he is on offense on defense he would be a hell of a player. Lance needs to get into better shape but Lance has all the makings of a great scorer. I just wish someone would convince him if he played defense and didn't make a few stupid plays and hustled he could be what Larry said he is.

Alec Burks is great and unlike Lance he decided he would play defense. I mean this if Lance could play even average defense and hustled like Alec did he would be great

and to add to this im glad we didnt draft MarShon Lance is just as good of scorer and is much younger if he finally "gets it" we have a great talented scorer.

Agreed.

Lance needs to get in better shape and definitely needs to keep working on his defense, but I'm telling you this kid is unbelievably good. I'm sure some will come and say that he wasn't a 2nd round pick just because of his attitude, but that was definitely the reason why.

This kid is a an absolute phenomenon offensively. He just gets it. Defensively he still looks lost, but offensively when he has the ball in his hands, he's one of those rare players who can do whatever he wants with it at will.

Pacergeek
07-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Agreed.

Lance needs to get in better shape and definitely needs to keep working on his defense, but I'm telling you this kid is unbelievably good. I'm sure some will come and say that he wasn't a 2nd round pick just because of his attitude, but that was definitely the reason why.

Completely agree! Coming out of HS, Lance was ranked as high as future all stars John Wall and Demarcus Cousins. Born Ready has all the tools to be a special player.

pacer4ever
07-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Agreed.

This kid is a an absolute phenomenon offensively. He just gets it. Defensively he still looks lost, but offensively when he has the ball in his hands, he's one of those rare players who can do whatever he wants with it at will.

he could be an all star IMO if his defense and conditioning improves and plays smarter to the level of his offense. The guy is insane from mid range. But a lot has to go right for him to get to that level.

Psyren
07-22-2011, 12:00 AM
he could be an all star IMO if his defense and conditioning improves. The guy is insane from mid range. But a lot has to go right for him to get to that level.

I couldn't agree more.

A lot more work has to be done, but the potential to be something really, really, really special is undoubtedly there.

A lot of pieces have to fall just right, but if they do, this kid will be a very special player.

pacer4ever
07-22-2011, 12:03 AM
I couldn't agree more.

A lot more work has to be done, but the potential to be something really, really, really special is undoubtedly there.

A lot of pieces have to fall just right, but if they do, this kid will be a very special player.

But you can totally see offensively why Larry made that comment if he does that every day in practice

O'Braindead
07-22-2011, 03:11 AM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BMIifs5OlTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here is some of the footage. He's got a heck of a off-the-dribble jumper.

ensergio
07-22-2011, 07:06 AM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BMIifs5OlTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here is some of the footage. He's got a heck of a off-the-dribble jumper.

If only this kid hold it together.

Speed
07-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Some of the stuff Lance did in that video isn't transferrable (he'll face tighter D and better help side in the Association), but really most of it is (change of direction with ball on a string).

Really the best sign to me is that he's here in Indy or I guess at the Pro Am game. Thats a pretty big deal to me. I half expected all of the talk to be just that, talk, and for him to go back to NY July 1. Once bitten, twice shy, I guess for me.

So its good he seems to still be focused, at this point, without anyone to be accountable to, except himself. A big deal, maybe.

<KNOCKING wood on>
Knocking on wood.

Interesting tweet Austin had in response to Wells talking about Lance dominating. Austin wonder if that was good or not. Legit question. You don't want Lance to fall back into that mindset that he's already good enough.

Hopefully he gets the mindset that he's not good enough and he needs to work as hard as he can. That internal drive makes or breaks guys in this league. We'll see.

Heisenberg
07-22-2011, 08:01 AM
One of the boys at Boiled Sports (http://www.boiledsports.com/2011/07/night-at-pro-am.html), a Purdue blog, went to check out Johnson and Moore. They despise the NBA over there but even he had nice things to say.

Reginald
07-22-2011, 10:27 AM
I took my two boys last night, left the 12-year-old girl at home this time, and go figure it was a perfect evening.

I've done a 180 on Lance Stephenson; not only is he fun to watch, he came up to me and my two boys, shook our hands, and said, "Thanks for coming out." Chrishawn Hopkins is going to make Butler fans forget Shelvin Mack really, really quick. And Alec Burks is freaking awesome: great athleticism tempered by a sweet, old-school shooting touch. (Although he sometimes looks bored and disinterested when he's not part of the action.)

On a sidenote, I think I might have been sitting in front of two PD posters, both of whom were enchanted with Lance (like everyone in the building). I was directly behind the Team Black bench. Anyone here wear a KC Royals hat to the game last night?

Reginald
07-22-2011, 10:38 AM

I'm halfway convinced Matt Howard could start a fight with a nun. The kid gets in his opponent's grill and frustrates the hell out of him. I think it was Teague who went to the Team Black bench moaning about how Howard was defending him.

Reginald
07-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Hopkins had 15 at halftime I had to leave but he is really good love how he hustles all the time.

The alley-oop to Hopkins in the first half was the play of the night. That kid's elevation is freakish.

righteouscool
07-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Lance is such a good ball handler

pacer4ever
07-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Some of the stuff Lance did in that video isn't transferrable (he'll face tighter D and better help side in the Association), but really most of it is (change of direction with ball on a string).

Really the best sign to me is that he's here in Indy or I guess at the Pro Am game. Thats a pretty big deal to me. I half expected all of the talk to be just that, talk, and for him to go back to NY July 1. Once bitten, twice shy, I guess for me.

So its good he seems to still be focused, at this point, without anyone to be accountable to, except himself. A big deal, maybe.

<KNOCKING wood on>
Knocking on wood.

Interesting tweet Austin had in response to Wells talking about Lance dominating. Austin wonder if that was good or not. Legit question. You don't want Lance to fall back into that mindset that he's already good enough.

Hopefully he gets the mindset that he's not good enough and he needs to work as hard as he can. That internal drive makes or breaks guys in this league. We'll see.

Well Shelvin Mack is a great defender he was doing work on him and Dequean Cook and a couple other guys. (obviously they aren't playing playoff defense where everyone tries but I would say Shelvin was playing and trying on defense)

But to do it on a nightly basis in the NBA he needs to get in way way better shape.

Coop
07-22-2011, 04:17 PM
P4E or anyone else that has been going,

How do some of those IU guys look? I realize guys like Pritchard, Roth, and Hulls won't flourish here because of the type of play, but is the improvement of guys like Oladipo, Watford, and Sheehey as noticeable as some have said? I realize this is off topic for the board, but if Oladipo can handle the ball efficiently this year, he could make some major strides in the Big Ten next year.

Also, the video of Lance on the last page seems to have been taken down. Does anyone know of somewhere else I can watch it?

pacer4ever
07-22-2011, 04:26 PM

How do some of those IU guys look? I realize guys like Pritchard, Roth, and Hulls won't flourish here because of the type of play, but is the improvement of guys like Oladipo, Watford, and Sheehey as noticeable as some have said? I realize this is off topic for the board, but if Oladipo can handle the ball efficiently this year, he could make some major strides in the Big Ten next year.

Also, the video of Lance on the last page seems to have been taken down. Does anyone know of somewhere else I can watch it?

Victor is the only one who really impresses me. Sheehey is overrated in articles about the pro am IMO all he does is dunk and not much else. Watford has just shot a lot of 3s but is good at it. He plays the game right. But Victor and Watford have great Chemistry and play well together. Hulls plays SG because Shelvin Mack is running the pg so he doesn't look good.

Victor still makes a lot of stupid plays and needs ball handling work(he plays the pg at the pro am) but the kid is good. I expect a big jump in scoring for him next year he is very skilled and his jumper is much better at the pro am than he showed at IU.

tikitomoka
07-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Lance wasnt even playing full-speed and was still head and shoulders above the rest. And nice as always after the game. FWIW, though, he said he was playing at Rucker Park last week, and obviously nothing bad happened.

Reginald
07-22-2011, 04:29 PM

Will Sheehey has played well. He's like Matt Howard in a lot of ways in that he plays more athletic and physical than you're expecting. The one thing that seems to separate them is tenacity, which is tough to duplicate when it comes to Howard's motor. Sheehey gets frustrated pretty easily--he had some outright douche bag moments last night--when the calls aren't going his way.

Other than that, I haven't seen a whole lot from the IU boys. Hulls looked good when he got his touches on Tuesday: distributed the ball nicely when he had to (Mack was on point most the night) and sunk some pretty looking shots off high ball screens. But on Thursday he was a total non-factor.

Speaking of non-factors, Daequan Cook is HORRIBLE.

YouTube took the video down.

pacer4ever
07-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Will Sheehey has played well. He's like Matt Howard in a lot of ways in that he plays more athletic and physical than you're expecting. The one thing that seems to separate them is tenacity, which is tough to duplicate when it comes to Howard's motor. Sheehey gets frustrated pretty easily--he had some outright douche bag moments last night--when the calls aren't going his way.

Other than that, I haven't seen a whole lot from the IU boys. Hulls looked good when he got his touches on Tuesday: distributed the ball nicely and sunk some pretty looking shots off high ball screens. But on Thursday he was a non-factor.

Speaking of non-factors, Daequan Cook is HORRIBLE.

Cook probably had 15 pts off open 3s that Lance didn't get back on defense for.

Reginald
07-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Cook probably had 15 pts off open 3s that Lance didn't get back on defense for.

I don't see how Cook even made five shots, let alone five 3s. At one point he was like 0-10. And they weren't just missed shots, they were laugh-out-loud, what-the-hell-is-this-guy-doing-on-the-court shots.

pacer4ever
07-22-2011, 06:02 PM
I don't see how Cook even made five shots, let alone five 3s. At one point he was like 0-10. And they weren't just missed shots, they were laugh-out-loud, what-the-hell-is-this-guy-doing-on-the-court shots.

cook made quite a few shots i can check how many points he had. He did take a lot of bad shots from Jimmer range and didnt play good.but I know he had a lot of 3s he made just because Lance didnt get back.

Reginald
07-22-2011, 09:36 PM
cook made quite a few shots i can check how many points he had. He did take a lot of bad shots from Jimmer range and didnt play good.but I know he had a lot of 3s he made just because Lance didnt get back.

The consensus of the dozen people sitting in my section was that Team Black's blowout was a combination of Lance and Burks playmaking ability and Cook's unerring capacity to put Team Purple in horrible positions with his shot selection. I couldn't get over how bad he looked.

ChristianDudley
07-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Does anybody know if JaJuan Johnson or E'Twaun Moore will be there at all next week?

Reginald
07-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Does anybody know if JaJuan Johnson or E'Twaun Moore will be there at all next week?

JJ is a great example of what a pro athlete should be: soft-spoken, kind and gracious. Attached is a phone pic of him towering over my two sons last night. He was completely cool and appreciative when I asked for a picture, talked to my boys like they were his kid brothers.

Hope the Boilers show, if only to make the tourney more competitive. Team Purple needs both JJ and E'Twaun on the floor to have a chance against Team Black.

ChristianDudley
07-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Great to hear! I have a friend's little boy that wants to go to see Moore and Johnson as these guys are his idols. You should hear him pronounce their names and talk about them all the time lol. Moore just told me on Twitter that he'll be there so that much is good. That pic of your sons with JJ is awesome!

ECKrueger
07-23-2011, 10:30 PM
George Hill will be there Thursday:

"Everyone come out to the @IndyProAmHoops this Thursday @IUPUI Imma be suited and booted!!!!! #INDYPROAMHOOPS #LEEEGGGOOO" - George Hill Twitter

Pacergeek
07-24-2011, 10:41 AM
do you know if He will be teamed up with Born Ready? It could be a look at our starting back-court for next season.

ChristianDudley
07-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Mario Chalmers will be there tomorrow, playing @ 6 PM from what I hear on Twitter. Unknown at this time if he'll play on Thursday or not.

ChristianDudley
07-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh, and I do plan on coming this Thursday. I'm glad I could finally work this out, plus I can finally meet George Hill!!

ECKrueger
07-25-2011, 10:09 PM
do you know if He will be teamed up with Born Ready? It could be a look at our starting back-court for next season.

No idea honestly, but isn't a little early to treat Hill as though he is godly? ;)

Pacergeek
07-25-2011, 10:38 PM
No idea honestly, but isn't a little early to treat Hill as though he is godly? ;)

Never too early! George Hill is the savior of the Pacers! I just thought of a great nickname: George "The Savior" Hill.

ECKrueger
07-25-2011, 10:52 PM
I thought 'The Savior' was PG's?

The Sleeze
07-25-2011, 11:19 PM
What about George "One Tree" Hill?

ECKrueger
07-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh God.

Hailey12
07-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I took my two boys last night, left the 12-year-old girl at home this time, and go figure it was a perfect evening.

I've done a 180 on Lance Stephenson; not only is he fun to watch, he came up to me and my two boys, shook our hands, and said, "Thanks for coming out." Chrishawn Hopkins is going to make Butler fans forget Shelvin Mack really, really quick. And Alec Burks is freaking awesome: great athleticism tempered by a sweet, old-school shooting touch. (Although he sometimes looks bored and disinterested when he's not part of the action.)

On a sidenote, I think I might have been sitting in front of two PD posters, both of whom were enchanted with Lance (like everyone in the building). I was directly behind the Team Black bench. Anyone here wear a KC Royals hat to the game last night?

That was ME! I know Robert Glenn on the Black team he went to Tech and Ben Davis. And I played with Tyrone Anderson on the Green team but he hasnt played the last few weeks. I like the pro-am but I could live without the music playing the entire time. And Im so glad Cedric the Entertainer wasnt doing the games last thursday.

Oh yeah got to include that I love how at halftime Lance was out there shooting with the little kids and dont say he doesnt play D. Im pretty sure he blocked a few 5 year old shots during the 2min half.

pacer4ever
07-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Lance and Hill will be on the same team on Thursday the announcer tonight confirmed.

Lance is weird he gets to the game 40 minutes early. Last week he tweaked his ankle(i still say he was just tired)but he needed to get his ankles taped so he waits till after tip off of his game to get them taped. He had an hour plus to get it done but waited till after tip off to get it done just stupid IMO.

ChristianDudley
07-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Great to hear about Lance and G3 being on the same team. Any word from tonight if JaJuan Johnson will be on for Thursday?

Kemo
07-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Lance and Hill will be on the same team on Thursday the announcer tonight confirmed.

Lance is weird he gets to the game 40 minutes early. Last week he tweaked his ankle(i still say he was just tired)but he needed to get his ankles taped so he waits till after tip off of his game to get them taped. He had an hour plus to get it done but waited till after tip off to get it done just stupid IMO.

True, but maybe he didn't think it was tweaked enough to tape it .. and he wanted to see if he could move around on it first..then at last minute thought he would take the precaution of taping it anyway ... Really .. It is hard saying..

pacer4ever
07-26-2011, 10:36 PM
True, but maybe he didn't think it was tweaked enough to tape it .. and he wanted to see if he could move around on it first..then at last minute thought he would take the precaution of taping it anyway ... Really .. It is hard saying..

no u don't understand u weren't there u had to be there to understand. He never tested anything out he just talked for awhile b4 getting it taped missed the first 10 minutes of his game to get it taped. He didnt come out of the locker room till after tip. It doesn't matter he didnt try at all . Eyenga and Robert Glenn stole the show on both offense and defense.

Kemo
07-27-2011, 12:31 AM
right on . that does seem kinda odd

pacer4ever
07-27-2011, 10:29 PM
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j430/pacer4ever/x2_7682cd0.jpg

Reginald
07-27-2011, 10:38 PM
That was ME! I know Robert Glenn on the Black team he went to Tech and Ben Davis. And I played with Tyrone Anderson on the Green team but he hasnt played the last few weeks...

I meant to say I was behind you, not in front of you. Your friend to your right nodded his head when I somewhat jokingly suggested we trade Collison after Lance's third or fourth spectacular play.

redfoster
07-28-2011, 12:00 PM
So tonight is gonna be great if you want to see NBA talent.

via Mike Wells:

"George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Zach Randolph, Eric Gordon, Alec Burks, Shelvin Mack, JuJuan Johnson all playing in Indy Pro Am 2night"

pacer4ever
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM
So tonight is gonna be great if you want to see NBA talent.

via Mike Wells:

"George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Zach Randolph, Eric Gordon, Alec Burks, Shelvin Mack, JuJuan Johnson all playing in Indy Pro Am 2night"

wow Zbo decides to show up just for the playoffs lol

Psyren
07-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Are Lance and GHill on Black team?

RLeWorm
07-28-2011, 08:05 PM
is there anyway to watch this online?

Sparhawk
07-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Any updates?

pacer4ever
07-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Any updates?

lance didnt show

EJ and GHill were on the same team and both killed it

but it was very unfair it was 4 NBA players vs no players but the no nba players played great until the last 10mins.

In his 2011 @IndyProAmHoops premiere @george_hill3 has 33 pts & 8 assists in the #TeamRed victory

Great game for @TheofficialEG10 29 pts and 8 assists in the #TeamRed Victory

Sparhawk
07-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Sad Lance was a no show.

Excited about GHill next year.

MaHa3000
07-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Just got back home... Left after I realized Lance and Alec Burk were no-shows.

But the game with Gordon, Hill, and D.J. White was pretty entertaining. The other team consisted of Rod Wilmont and Marshall Strickland (former I.U. players).

My take was that Eric Gordon lacks no confidence and plays like it to. Hill had a more modest demeanor but you could tell he was comfortable playing in that gym.

Hill finished withe 30+ and Gordon 29 I think. Both of those guys pretty much did whatever they wanted to.

Hill really looked good. I'm defiantly excited to see him in a Pacers jersey.

(I also got to critique @MikeWellsNBA on his attire via Twitter.)

tikitomoka
07-28-2011, 11:33 PM
George said that 1) he hadn't touched a basketball in a month (heard him tell multiple people this, not just me), but I'm not sure how much truth there is to that. And 2) that lance had to fly back to NYC to take care of a family issue.

BringJackBack
07-30-2011, 06:50 AM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tzIbdISOt0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was a sight to see. George Hill was especially fantastic, he made almost every shot he took. If we can get EJ in a Pacers uniform one day too, we will be very good for years to come. Hill had 33 and 8 and EJ had 28 and 8, if my memory is right.

pacer4ever
07-30-2011, 01:08 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tzIbdISOt0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was a sight to see. George Hill was especially fantastic, he made almost every shot he took. If we can get EJ in a Pacers uniform one day too, we will be very good for years to come. Hill had 33 and 8 and EJ had 28 and 8, if my memory is right.

EJ could of had 50 he didnt attacked the rim like he normally does. Then he hurt his wrist again.

Reginald
08-01-2011, 05:11 PM
RE: parking at the Natatorium, the key is simply to stay for all the games. I've been to the Pro Am on four separate nights. On the two nights I left early I paid $3. On the two nights I stayed through nearly the end of the fourth game, the gate was wide open and no one was at the ticket booth to even take my money.

ChristianDudley
08-02-2011, 08:55 PM
When I went, I paid $5 for the parking garage. It was packed!!! I think more than just the Pro-Am was going on, though.

El Pacero
08-02-2011, 10:07 PM
"Pacers G George Hill (IUPUI/B. Ripple) 21-25 FGs, 50 points, 12 rebs for Team Red in Indy Pro Am win."

http://twitter.com/#!/JeffRabjohns/status/98570562946871296

Psyren
08-02-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll point out a few highlights for those who didn't go.

- George Hill had 50 points and 12 rebounds (As El Pacero said)
- Eric Gordon had a mediocre game in my opinion (He was on same team as G3)
- JaJuan Johnson still really impressed me. He has a nice overall game.
- Lance was in attendance, but did not play
- Mario Chalmers appeared on the Green team who won the first game.
- Alec Burks and Gordon Hayward both had really good games despite their teams losing

Really?
08-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Man... Wish I would have seen George put up 50.... please get ready Pacer fans....

Guy plays hard all the time and doesn't take plays off... so ready for him to bring that to the Pacers....

CooperManning
08-02-2011, 11:58 PM
How long of a thread would we have on our hands if we had of taken someone at #15 that dropped 50 and 12 on 21/25 in a pro-am game? Couldn't be more excited for the NBA to come back. If only the lockout was the summer of 2009 instead...

graphic-er
08-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Can someone post Hayward's numbers from last night? I can't find any results on the web.
Thanks!

Really?
08-03-2011, 09:23 AM
How long of a thread would we have on our hands if we had of taken someone at #15 that dropped 50 and 12 on 21/25 in a pro-am game? Couldn't be more excited for the NBA to come back. If only the lockout was the summer of 2009 instead...

Well the whole thread isn't about just that only about 5 post... but I will say that the Marshon Brooks thread about him scoring 48 had about 90 or so...

pacer4ever
08-04-2011, 09:19 PM
EJ 46 and his team wins the pro am!!!!

Day-V
08-04-2011, 09:28 PM
My God, Eric Gordon is a whiny mother****er.

Didn't even have an excuse to whine. Those refs were calling everything against the Green Team tonight. It was 8-on-5. The Red Team could do no wrong.

pacer4ever
08-04-2011, 09:33 PM
My God, Eric Gordon is a whiny mother****er.

Didn't even have an excuse to whine. Those refs were calling everything against the Green Team tonight. It was 8-on-5. The Red Team could do no wrong.

i didnt go can i get a review?

Day-V
08-04-2011, 09:34 PM
i didnt go can i get a review?

You just got it.

Eric whined, despite the refs calling everything against the Green Team, Lance didn't even try to lightly jog back on defense, and Gary McGhee was in full Beast Mode.

ChristianDudley
08-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I heard EJ had 35, but whatever lol. Surprised they put Lance on the red team tonight lmao. Did Chalmers play good or did he keep bridling everything?

Day-V
08-04-2011, 09:38 PM
I heard EJ had 35, but whatever lol. Surprised they put Lance on the red team tonight lmao. Did Chalmers play good or did he keep bridling everything?

He really didn't do much.

Red team's best players were obviously George, Eric, and Lance.

Green team's best players were really only McGhee and....well...that's it.

pacer4ever
08-04-2011, 09:40 PM
You just got it.

Eric whined, despite the refs calling everything against the Green Team, Lance didn't even try to lightly jog back on defense, and Gary McGhee was in full Beast Mode.

Eric always wines no surprise. I justed wanted 2 know bout the other players.

Rabjohns said ej had 46

redfoster
08-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Andrew Owens got picked on all night by the refs for what I thought was just competitive defense.

The refs called around 40 fouls tonight. Not exaggerating. They would not let them play at all and like Davey said, the Green team was playing 8-on-5 all night.

Gordon hit some awesome shots though and a couple spectacular dunks/alley-oops by Lance, Gordon, and Hill.

Also, yes, watch out for Gary McGee at Pitt. Just killed it tonight. He could not be stopped.

pacer4ever
08-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Andrew Owens got picked on all night by the refs for what I thought was just competitive defense.

The refs called around 40 fouls tonight. Not exaggerating. They would not let them play at all and like Davey said, the Green team was playing 8-on-5 all night.

Gordon hit some awesome shots though and a couple spectacular dunks/alley-oops by Lance, Gordon, and Hill.

Also, yes, watch out for Gary McGee at Pitt. Just killed it tonight. He could not be stopped.
wait they were on the same team? Now lets be honest that game was rigged from the start if they let them team up. Kind of wish I was in naptown not Orlando Florida so i could of saw that lol.

http://dimemag.com/2011/07/lance-stephenson-shows-out-at-indy-pro-am/

I was reading dime and came across this. Has it been posted yet? It has a nice little highlight video of Lance

redfoster
08-05-2011, 12:25 AM
The red team starting lineup was Hill, Gordon, Lance, DJ White, and Ely.

Only pro the Green squad has was Chalmers, who deferred the whole game and didn't really show up too much (he did have some really nice passes though).

Green team kept it surprisingly close but the refs really affected the game in the favor of the Red team.

pacer4ever
08-05-2011, 12:29 AM
The red team starting lineup was Hill, Gordon, Lance, DJ White, and Ely.

Only pro the Green squad has was Chalmers, who deferred the whole game and didn't really show up too much (he did have some really nice passes though).

Green team kept it surprisingly close but the refs really affected the game in the favor of the Red team.

that kind of makes me mad. What was the point have having set teams if they are gonna just change them for the playoffs.

ChristianDudley
08-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah that was my thinking, too. At least throw Lance on the Green team last night. At least that sounds more fair than it turned out being.

kielbeze
08-07-2011, 12:16 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ube4MYelbRQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Psyren
08-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I have to agree with everything said above.

Never in my life have I seen a player whine and moan like Eric Gordon. Absolutely awful.

Basically, his game came down to this:

He's fine when people don't play tough D. But when they do play tough defense, and AREN'T FOULING HIM, he still whines and gets upset.

It was pathetic frankly. I still really enjoyed watching him play, but the whining was unlike anything I've ever seen. Especially for a pickup game.

Brad8888
08-07-2011, 09:01 PM
I have to agree with everything said above.

Never in my life have I seen a player whine and moan like Eric Gordon. Absolutely awful.

Basically, his game came down to this:

He's fine when people don't play tough D. But when they do play tough defense, and AREN'T FOULING HIM, he still whines and gets upset.

It was pathetic frankly. I still really enjoyed watching him play, but the whining was unlike anything I've ever seen. Especially for a pickup game.

So, was it like Stephen Jackson?

Psyren
08-08-2011, 12:34 AM
So, was it like Stephen Jackson?

Worse.

pacer4ever
08-17-2011, 03:11 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/other-ballers/streetball/2011/08/indy-pro-am-carlos-knox-nba-lockout/#7

Triangle
08-17-2011, 02:18 PM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/other-ballers/streetball/2011/08/indy-pro-am-carlos-knox-nba-lockout/#7

SLAM: This summer we’ve seen numerous NBA players competing on the summer league/streetball circuit. Who’s showed at the Indy Pro-Am?

CK: So far we’ve had 14 NBA guys come and play: Alec Burks, George Hill, Zach Randolph, Christian Eyenga, Shelvin Mack, Lance Stephenson, JaJuan Johnson, E’Twaun Moore, DJ White, Bonzi Wells, Daequan Cook, Paul George, Gordon Hayward and Eric Gordon.

SLAM: Who would you say has made the biggest impression on you this summer?
CK: There have been a lot of guys, but if I had to choose two, I’d say Alec Burks and Lance Stephenson.

With Burks, I figured he had game, but he looks years ahead of his age. His jumpshot is absolutely crazy and he has a unique ability to create off the dribble. I honestly didn’t realize how athletic he was. He’s averaged around 27 points.

Lance Stephenson has also impressed me a lot. He has a big frame and can get to the basket whenever he wants. His ball handling is remarkable for his size. Larry Bird once said Lance Stephenson is the best player on the Indiana Pacers, and now I see why. He can definitely score with the best of ‘em.

SLAM: A lot of people say Lance has all the tools to have a very successful NBA career but there’s something holding him back. How would you assess his situation?

CK: Like I said, Lance can play with anybody, no doubt about it. But there’s more to it than just lacing up your sneakers and stepping onto the court. He has to understand the NBA style and system. He just has a ways to go in terms of learning the game and learning the system. For example, if you put him where he has to read a screen-and-roll, it’s just difficult for him to do it. He has a learning curve, because most of his life he’s played more of a one-on-one game than a complex team game.

pacer4ever
08-17-2011, 04:41 PM
http://dimemag.com/2011/08/eric-gordon-wins-the-indy-pro-am/

pacer4ever
09-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Lance had 52 pts tonight and the league has resumed for pro players. Im still trying to figure out the new time and location. Im not sure if it is even open to the public. They have a lot of new players like Norris Cole Fred Jones and a few others or didnt play during the season.

tinsley#11
09-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Last night was on the southside at Indy's Indoor Sports Park. I don't know if there was even an announcement about it, but for future reference it is $3 to get in there and open to the public.

imawhat
09-07-2011, 11:27 AM
So you saw Lance light it up?

pacer4ever
09-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Games for the @KnoxIndyProAm #LockoutLeague are being played at Indy Indoor Parks Southside... 6650 Bluff Rd... Tues and Thurs @ 7:30 $10.00Now open to public”

I played indoor soccer there pretty nice place.