PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Rick Carlisle!!!!

PacersFan1991
06-12-2011, 10:43 PM
So happy for you Coach!!!!!

Frostwolf
06-12-2011, 10:46 PM
congrats rick. good to know you got your ring after ron screwed up your chance(s) to here.

Ozwalt72
Congrats Coach Rick. Wish it could have been with us though! :D

pacer4ever
my favorite coach

Dr. Hibbert
Really happy for Rick Carlisle. Obviously, for reasons beyond his own, he got a raw deal here.

idioteque
06-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Congratulations, Rick. I wish the GM has his head on his shoulders when he was here, maybe you could have brought one to Indy. But very happy for your success nonetheless.

imawhat
06-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Congrats to Rick! He couldn't have asked for a better group of smart players to coach.

So happy for Rick!

Dr. Awesome
06-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Congrats Rick! We miss you man.

15th parallel
06-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm very happy for Rick. He is the best at bringing out the best in his players. And he brought Dallas it's first championship. Wish he could've done it in Indy, but nonetheless, good job Rick!

Pacergeek
06-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Congratulations, Rick. I wish the GM has his head on his shoulders when he was here, maybe you could have brought one to Indy. But very happy for your success nonetheless.

letting coach Carlisle walk has to be the biggest Bird blunder of them all. The Shawne williams and James white wasn't anything compared to letting a championship coach leave. We still don't have a coach. smh.

Dr. Hibbert
06-12-2011, 11:01 PM
letting coach Carlisle walk has to be the biggest Bird blunder of them all. The Shawne williams and James white wasn't anything compared to letting a championship coach leave. We still don't have a coach. smh.

Eh, it was a mercy. Bird didn't want to mire Carlisle in rebuilding hell, Indiana needed a culture change whether Carlisle was responsible or not (he wasn't really) and Carlisle probably wouldn't have had much interest in going from routine 60 win seasons to squeaking out 30 win seasons.

It sucks it happened, but I understand why.

McKeyFan
06-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Carlisle still wouldn't have a ring if he stayed in Indy.

I'm sad for us, but glad for him.

What a crew of veterans he had: Dirk, Jet, Kidd, Marion, Chandler. Rick also did a great job with his bench. Played the right way. Class act.

P.S. I loved his radio show in Indy.

Pacer Fan
06-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Congrats to Coach Carlisle, Cuban and All the players. Thanks for beating the :-pPrima donnas:-p!

aero
06-12-2011, 11:08 PM
First thing that came to my mind when the clock hit 0:00. Congrats Rick...wish it was in Indy but still happy for him non the less.

Day-V
06-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Congrats Coach Carlisle! Now it's our turn!

QuickRelease
06-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Benching Peja was a good thing.

Ozwalt72
06-12-2011, 11:15 PM
:-pPre Madonnas:-p!

just a peeve of mine...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prima%2Bdonna

Young
06-12-2011, 11:25 PM
So happy for Cuban, the Mavs players, and especially Coach Carlise. I wish he had won a ring with the Pacers (he should have) but am still happy to see him win one. He deserves it. One of the best coaches in the league that a lot of people don't talk about.

Trophy
06-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Always been a fan of Rick's. He an incredibly smart coach and worked his *** off to get his teams to be contenders.

Well done coach!

cdash
06-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Is Rick the second best active coach in the NBA? I think Popovich is the best, but who else is better?

KingGeorge
06-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Congrats Rick!!!

presto123
06-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Way to go Rick. Wish he would have done it here:)

vnzla81
06-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Rick is an elite coach now that he won a Championship.

CooperManning
06-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Is Rick the second best active coach in the NBA? I think Popovich is the best, but who else is better?

Mark Jackson.

-

IndySDExport
06-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Congrats Rick!

He's already proved he's one of the best coaches in the league. This is one series where coaching proved to be maybe the most important factor.

Basketball Fan
06-12-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm happy Rick got a ring even if not with us I hate that Peja got one too grr..

Then again if I can get over Ron Artest getting a ring last year I can't get past that one.

LA_Confidential
06-12-2011, 11:53 PM

No love for Doc Rivers?

cdash
06-13-2011, 12:14 AM
No love for Doc Rivers?

He's up there, but I think Carlisle is better.

pizza guy
06-13-2011, 12:28 AM
No love for Doc Rivers?

Doc has been good, but he also won with the Boston Big 3. Rick just beat the "Super Team" with an actual TEAM instead of a couple superstars. Carlisle absolutely outcoached Spo (who will probably get fired?) and handed Miami their defeat at home.

I will agree with Popovich, and I love Carlisle, but the new 2nd best active coach has to be Vogel. :happydanc

I am really, really happy for Coach Carlisle. He gave us some really good years, and he definitely deserved to win a title. Watching the group of guys in Mavs uniforms win was definitely the best I've felt about a Finals winner in a long time. The story and the journeys of so many of those guys is really what sports are all about, and I'm truly happy for Dirk, Kidd, and Coach Carlisle tonight.

TMJ31
06-13-2011, 12:56 AM
I am absolutely thrilled for Coach Carlisle, as well as Dirk.

I always liked Rick, and his success is well deserved.

Would have been nice to claim it while coaching us, but hey... I am still happy for the man :)

Bball
06-13-2011, 02:39 AM
Carlisle gets some well deserved hardware and a nice line on his resume.

I know some of you think Cuban is a media who*e but I've never questioned his desire and willingness to bring Dallas an NBA championship. You have to make things happen and he never let any moss grow...

CableKC
06-13-2011, 04:07 AM
Despite losing out on $550, I am happy that Carlisle finally won a Championship as Head Coach.

d_c
06-13-2011, 04:25 AM
I know some of you think Cuban is a media who*e

On that note, it was Dirk who told Cuban earlier this year to tone it down with all his media antics and complaining about the league/refs. Told him that all those comments weren't helping them in any way.

Remember that Cuban pretty much got fined at least once a year for some comment in the media? I don't think it ever happened this year, or at least not after Dirk had a talking to with Cuban. It was pretty cool of Cuban that he donated a dollar to charity out of his own pocket for every dollar he ever got fined, but Dirk was right.

And yeah, he'd be a Top 2 or 3 guy I'd want as owner of my team. He's got the willingness to win and the wallet to back it up.

McKeyFan
06-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Rick looks kinda sick. Is or was he battling some kind of illness?

Putnam
06-13-2011, 08:32 AM
I join with all who are glad Rick Carlisle went to Dallas, and then won a championship.

Congrats to him, and to all the Mavs.

Unclebuck
06-13-2011, 08:39 AM

In what way does he look sick?
Coaching a whole NBA season through game #6 of the NBA Finals must be extremely hard on the human body. My guess that is why he doesn't look all that great. Stressful job that never lets up. Lets see how he looks on July 4th.

grace
06-13-2011, 08:44 AM

He's cutting his hair too short. He looked worse at the beginning of the season.

pacergod2
06-13-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm really really happy for the entire Dallas franchise including Carlisle, who was a favorite of mine, for obvious reasons.

I really am happy for Cuban though. He is a man who cares about his team and his staff, and he puts a lot of effort and resources into his franchise. The sports world would be a better place with more owners like him. (I am in no way diminishing what the Simons have done for us over the years.)

kellogg
06-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Very happy for coach.

I recall one game, when my kids were little, they wanted to stay for autographs outside Conseco by the exit where the players drive out. It was in the middle of winter, the Pacers had lost a tough one and every single player drove off. The crowd was down to maybe 6 or 7 fans left, but my kids wanted to stay longer. Anyhow, Rick and his wife drove up, he stopped his car and signed autographs for everyone there.

Great coach and just a good human being.

naptownmenace
06-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Really happy for Rick Carlisle. Obviously, for reasons beyond his own, he got a raw deal here.

I agree with this so hard!

I hated it when Rick was fired. It was like firing a great industry award winning manager because the employees were underachieving and rebelling.

It seems like he got thrown under the bus and then after he was gone, they finally realized that they had a couple of dumb players in Tinsley, Jackson, and Williams that were terrible for team chemistry.

So happy he got the chance to prove his worth in Dallas. Congrats!

naptownmenace
06-13-2011, 10:23 AM
In what way does he look sick?
Coaching a whole NBA season through game #6 of the NBA Finals must be extremely hard on the human body. My guess that is why he doesn't look all that great. Stressful job that never lets up. Lets see how he looks on July 4th.

I have noticed that he's lost a lot of weight and hair this season (male pattern baldness). It could be stress related. Whatever it is, he's one of the few NBA Championship Coaches and his hard work has paid off. :)

D-BONE
06-13-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure he wouldn't have eventually gotten things ironed out in Detroit with some of the personnel changes. Of course, that was probably part of his coaching growth process.

Not saying the Detroit situation was anywhere near the level of the Indy one, in which I think he was totally a victim of circumstance. Just that I think he was very good in Detroit, too, and that it was a shame he couldn't continue here.

Way to go, RC.

Hicks
06-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Carlisle gets some well deserved hardware and a nice line on his resume.

I know some of you think Cuban is a media who*e but I've never questioned his desire and willingness to bring Dallas an NBA championship. You have to make things happen and he never let any moss grow...

And also spent a **** ton of money. Let's not forget that part.

Hicks
06-13-2011, 10:52 AM

Male Pattern Baldness. It's a *****.

adamscb
06-13-2011, 12:00 PM
congratulations rick! i always thought highly of him when he was our coach here. he handled the brawl situation to the best of his ability and got the bad end of the deal. also, let's not forget that this is jason kidd's first championship as well! congratulations to them both! :)

travmil
06-13-2011, 12:06 PM
I remember thinking at the time Rick went to Dallas that it seemed like a bad fit. Boy was I ever wrong. Congrats to Rick, the players, and the rest of the Mavs organization.

vapacersfan
06-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Agree with BBall. Have always been a huge Cuban fan.

Guess I showed me age last night. Never knew Rick played in the NBA

Justin Tyme
06-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Congrats to Carlisle for coaching the Mavs to a CHAMPIONSHIP!

I have to chuckle at the selective memory many have about Carlisle when he was the Pacers coach.

These were some of the constant comments about RC.

Slog ball
Too much running the ball thru JO.
Micro-managed
Little sheet of paper he constantly was referring to.
Pro-veterans coach.
Didn't play young'ns.
Too set in his way of coaching.

I know people in Dallas, and they weren't happy with his coaching. If Dallas had lost, you would have seen Dallas fans wanting a coaching change. Don't forget the 1 and out in numerous prior playoffs under Carlisle. Winning a championship has a tendency to change fan's perception of prior years. Talk about pressure for Carlisle to have to win a championship NEXT year! He'll be even more aged come playoff time next year.