PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Mikhail Torrance?

imawhat
06-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Does anyone know what happened with Mikhail Torrance? I've heard nothing about him since the weeks after his collapse.

ChristianDudley
06-12-2011, 12:50 AM
he's fine. He has a Twitter, which can be located @MTorrance2

He does tweet frequently, but I'm not sure about where he stands as far as basketball goes.

imawhat
06-12-2011, 01:32 AM
It looks like he was back to practicing b-ball just weeks after being out of the hospital.

cdash
06-12-2011, 03:17 AM
What's the backstory here?

able
06-12-2011, 07:55 AM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/from_survival_to_revival_ex-ti.html

dal9
06-12-2011, 11:32 AM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/from_survival_to_revival_ex-ti.html

horrible that this guy can't give it up...if being dead for 10 mins isn't going to do it, I don't know what is...

imawhat
06-12-2011, 12:16 PM
What's the backstory here?

He's a pretty decent and tall point guard. A lot of people wanted us to draft him last year. He was projected in the late first round but wound up undrafted and it was soon disclosed that he had an enlarged heart. Miami signed him to summer league and he wound up not even playing. Some team overseas took a chance by signing him, and he was getting ready to head overseas when he collapsed while training.

SMosley21
06-12-2011, 01:15 PM
horrible that this guy can't give it up...if being dead for 10 mins isn't going to do it, I don't know what is...

When some people have a passion in life, they would rather die trying to fulfill that passion than to just give up on it.

pacer4ever
06-12-2011, 02:12 PM
When some people have a passion in life, they would rather die trying to fulfill that passion than to just give up on it.

Like the movie the wrestler with Mickey Rourke that's pretty much what that whole movies is about.

cdash
06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Like the movie the wrestler with Mickey Rourke that's pretty much what that whole movies is about.

Interesting interpretation of The Wrestler...

pacer4ever
06-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Interesting interpretation of The Wrestler...

what did you take it as?

The final scene i took as he would rather die than not be out there with his "family" wrestling and entertaining the fans.

cdash
06-13-2011, 11:13 AM
what did you take it as?

The final scene i took as he would rather die than not be out there with his "family" wrestling and entertaining the fans.

I think the message was a little darker than your interpretation. He was trying to turn his life around from something that was sad and somewhat pathetic, clinging on to some past glory he had when he was a famous/beloved wrestler. He made an attempt to live life right (starting a relationship with Marisa Tomei, reuniting with his daughter, preserving what was left of his health), and at the first bump in the road he ditches that path and goes right back to his self destructive ways of before, health be damned.