PDA

View Full Version : Dunleavy gets over on the Clips!

PacerGuy
06-10-2011, 11:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6650107&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Mike Dunleavy awarded $13 million
ESPNLosAngeles.com

An arbitrator has ruled that the Los Angeles Clippers must pay former general manager and coach Mike Dunleavy slightly more than $13 million in compensation.

More on the Clippers
For more news, notes and analysis of the L.A. Clippers, check out the ClipperBlog. Blog

The Clippers stopped paying Dunleavy immediately after firing him in March 2010. At the time, he was in the fourth year of a five-year, $22 million contract. He was owed $6.75 million.

The Arbirtration and Mediation Services in Santa Monica heard the case two months ago. Legal representatives for the Clippers and Dunleavy received the decision Friday.

The compensation Dunleavy receives includes what he was owed under the contract, past compensation with interest and future compensation, according to The Los Angeles Times.

Clippers general counsel Robert Platt issued a statement through the team, saying: "We do not agree with the arbitrator's decision. We intend to review the decision carefully and explore the team's various options."

Can't help but wonder what how this might affect D.Sterlings willingness to spend on his team. For all you EJ to IN hopefuls, here is a glimmer that might affect Sterlings willingness to spend. As for Dunleave, this is quite a victory. I wish I could get paid like this to just go away.

pacer4ever
06-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Like i said in another thread Sterling likes to sue former employees for some reason. This isn't the first time and certainly wont be the last time he sues someone.

Shade
06-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Sterling is a cheap-skate idiot. It was only a matter of time before it finally burned him in the ***.