PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft Mock 6/10/011

Justin Tyme
06-10-2011, 10:22 AM
NBA Draft has just posted it's new mock draft. It has the Pacers drafting Chris Singleton and Joffrey Lauvergne! I has Kanter as the #1 pick by Cleveland. Players have moved all over the board and many new 2nd rounders like Seth's L. Dunn in the draft. Very interesting!

Could someone put it up so all can see it? Thanks Justine

Justin Tyme
06-10-2011, 10:33 AM
It has

#14 Darius Morris
#17 Marshon Brooks
#19 Biyombo
#20 Klay Thompson
#22 Keith Faried
#30 Shelvin Mack

#40 Reggie Jackson

MillerTime
06-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I just saw it...There is no way Irving is dropping to #3.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

imawhat
06-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Jonas is out of this mock.....

imbtyler
06-10-2011, 10:42 AM
http://a.yfrog.com/img739/9012/85k.jpg
http://a.yfrog.com/img615/7967/ww8sh.jpg

owl
06-10-2011, 10:48 AM
I think they shook up the draft arrangement to make for discussion. That is some major change from what most people expect.

ECKrueger
06-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Ya this seems crazy.

Trader Joe
06-10-2011, 10:53 AM
It would be so perfectly Cleveland to walk into this draft with the 1 and 4 picks and walk out with the 7 and 8 talents.

Gamble1
06-10-2011, 10:54 AM
I think they shook up the draft arrangement to make for discussion. That is some major change from what most people expect.
Its pretty terrible. No way the Cavs go with Kanter at number one and no way does Bismack drop that far.

PacerGuy
06-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Biyombo going @ 19?

Singleton @ 15 is not bad IMO because of his skill set, but not sure we would pass on Biyombo or Brooks.

Who is Joffrey Lauvergne, PF, France? He is shown @ #42 to the Pacers.

imbtyler
06-10-2011, 11:01 AM
If Jackson really is looking to fall so close to us in the second round, we could stand to only trade up a few spots, just to ensure we get him. And if we don't, and I can't believe I'm saying this, we could pick up JaJuan Johnson instead.

In my Inception-esque dreamworld, we would trade Granger, Rush, and Posey to Portland for Brandon Roy, Greg Oden (both healthy), and their 21st pick, and Dahntay to the Bulls for 30. Then we draft Marshon Brooks at 15, Kenneth Faried at 21, Reggie Jackson at 30, and JaJuan Johnson at 42.

Collison/Jackson/Stephenson
Roy/Brooks/Stephenson
George/Faried
Hansbrough/Johnson/Faried
Hibbert/Oden/Johnson

:homerdrool:
mmmm playoffsss...

That's capitalizing on our "young core", and adding pieces that would no doubt put us in the top tier of the eastern conference. If George evolves like we expect him to, and everyone stays healthy and behaves, I don't see too many problems with this roster, besides the obvious immensity of youth.

imbtyler
06-10-2011, 11:02 AM
It would be so perfectly Cleveland to walk into this draft with the 1 and 4 picks and walk out with the 7 and 8 talents.

Well, the team IS cursed with disappointing outcomes to seemingly miraculous situations. The whole city, really.

PacerPenguins
06-10-2011, 11:09 AM
If Jackson really is looking to fall so close to us in the second round, we could stand to only trade up a few spots, just to ensure we get him. And if we don't, and I can't believe I'm saying this, we could pick up JaJuan Johnson instead.

In my Inception-esque dreamworld, we would trade Granger, Rush, and Posey to Portland for Brandon Roy, Greg Oden (both healthy), and their 21st pick, and Dahntay to the Bulls for 30. Then we draft Marshon Brooks at 15, Kenneth Faried at 21, Reggie Jackson at 30, and JaJuan Johnson at 42.

Roy/Brooks/Stephenson
George/Faried
Hibbert/Oden/Johnson

mmmm playoffsss...

That's capitalizing on our "young core", and adding pieces that would no doubt put us in the top tier of the eastern conference. If George evolves like we expect him to, and everyone stays healthy and behaves, I don't see too many problems with this roster, besides the obvious immensity of youth.

no way

owl
06-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Biyombo going @ 19?

Singleton @ 15 is not bad IMO because of his skill set, but not sure we would pass on Biyombo or Brooks.

I don't believe I have seen his name in any draft mock. His video shows him to have some great skills. Excellent passer and plays under the basket. Keeps his arms up high after rebounds. How many French players are there in the league? Parker? Anyone else?

owl
06-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Its pretty terrible. No way the Cavs go with Kanter at number one and no way does Bismack drop that far.

You would not think so. I can see the logic as they already have a pf in Hickson. So get a center in Kanter and then draft Knight or Walker. How does Cleveland feel about Varejao?
Unlikely to happen.

redfoster
06-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't believe I have seen his name in any draft mock. His video shows him to have some great skills. Excellent passer and plays under the basket. Keeps his arms up high after rebounds. How many French players are there in the league? Parker? Anyone else?
Rodrigue Beaubois.

imbtyler
06-10-2011, 11:40 AM

Nicolas Batum, one of my favorites in the league.

edit: also, these guys (http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=FR&state=) are from France too.

Pape Sy, Johan Petro, Ian Mahinmi, Boris Diaw and Alexis Ajinca.

MillerTime
06-10-2011, 11:46 AM

Roy/Brooks/Stephenson
George/Faried
Hibbert/Oden/Johnson

mmmm playoffsss...

If Roy and Oden were healthy, Portland would never think about trading them. Also, if Oden were healthy, he would start over Hibbert

Gamble1
06-10-2011, 11:55 AM
You would not think so. I can see the logic as they already have a pf in Hickson. So get a center in Kanter and then draft Knight or Walker. How does Cleveland feel about Varejao?
Unlikely to happen.
VJ plays center for him and he's cheap and pretty much a Kanter type or palyer. Limited offense but a lot of effort on the defensive side.

Center is not their worst position and of all the upside guys Kanter is not the top guy IMO.

THey will go Irving or Dwill at number one.

imbtyler
06-10-2011, 11:57 AM
If Roy and Oden were healthy, Portland would never think about trading them. Also, if Oden were healthy, he would start over Hibbert

1. Hence the reason this trade is only possible in Inception.
2. I don't see Portland trading Roy ever.
3. I was letting Oden take a backseat to Hibbert until he had proven himself. Obviously he'd be starting after he inevitably dominated the position over Hibbert.
4. The only way either of them would be traded would be if they were still being watched for their health, and thus unproven to be worth the respective risks.

Hicks
06-10-2011, 12:51 PM
nbadraft.net has had wacky mocks for years now. I don't understand why they still get attention, to be honest.

Chad Ford and Draft Express are all you need, and even they can't accurately predict a lot of this.

Mourning
06-10-2011, 01:27 PM
VJ plays center for him and he's cheap and pretty much a Kanter type or palyer. Limited offense but a lot of effort on the defensive side.

Center is not their worst position and of all the upside guys Kanter is not the top guy IMO.

THey will go Irving or Dwill at number one.

No doubt the Cavs go with Irving or Williams.

Btw I think you're wrong on Kanter. What I've seen and read about him screams: good offensive player, a good rebounder, strong and a good learner, but needs to seriously work on his D.

Would LOVE to have him on our team though.

Justin Tyme
06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I can't believe Singleton drops to #15. That's fine with me! Darius Morris at #14 is a real stretch to me. Brooks dropping to #17 surprises me too. I just thought this mock draft was interesting if not controversial.

I keep checking on Draftexpress to put up a new mock, but so far they haven't. :(

Justin Tyme
06-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Sounds like another Lorbrk and Stanko.

Sperka07
06-10-2011, 01:58 PM
I just took a look and they have already changed it most of the draft remains the same but they now have us taking Klay Thompson, Singleton going to NY at 17, Brooks going to Cha at 19 and Biyombo going to Min at 20.

3pointer
06-10-2011, 03:15 PM
nbadraft.net has had wacky mocks for years now. I don't understand why they still get attention, to be honest.

Chad Ford and Draft Express are all you need, and even they can't accurately predict a lot of this.

If I rember correctly nbadraft.net hit on the first 8 in order last year and got the next 8 correct just not the order (not sure on that though).

imawhat
06-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Bleh. Klay Thompson or Marshon Brooks coming here doesn't make me feel good.

I think getting a defensive stud like Singleton could be really good for our player development. Singleton/George could help Danny face consistently tough defense in practice, and it may also inspire him to play good defense.

These mock drafts will be all over the place up until the draft, but Chad Ford's draft is typically pretty close on draft day.

I wouldn't be upset if we traded out of this draft. Otherwise, I'm hoping for Smack or Jonas sliding to us or maybe even picking Reggie Jackson or Singleton at 15 (judging solely by the stats I've read and player descriptions).