PDA

View Full Version : Contender/Pretender - Vol. 25 - Sacramento Kings (Bonus Pacific Edition)

Ultimate Frisbee
10-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Hey, we're finally at the end of another division so predict how the Pacific Division teams will finish (record and if they make the playoffs)

Starters:

PG: Mike Bibby
SG: Doug Christie
SF: Pedrag Stojakovic
PF: Chris Webber
C: Brad Miller

Bench:

Courtney Alexander - G/F
David Bluthental - F
Bobby Jackson - G
Kevin Martin G/F
Ricky Minard - G
Greg Ostertag - C
Darius Songaila - F

Coach: Rick Adelman

Sacramento Kings
Re-Signed: Darius Songalia (F)
In: Greg Ostertag (C), Kevin Martin (G), Ricky Minard (G), David Bluthenthal (F)
Out: Vlade Divac (C), Rodney Buford (G/F), Anthony Peeler (G), Tony Massenburg (F)
Remaining Free Agents: Jabari Smith

The Pacific Division consists of:
GS Warriors
LA Clippers
LA Lakers
Phoenix Suns
Sac. Kings

Hicks
10-12-2004, 09:18 PM
If they can have at least "good" team chemistry (which might be hard because Divac, who was their heart/soul guy, left to LA, and Webber and Peja have had their issues known in the papers all summer), I say contender.

Ultimate Frisbee
10-13-2004, 01:19 AM
Its hard to dismiss this team, and I won't do it... If Bobby Jackson/Chris Webber/the rest of the team is healthy, they are a playoff team... and if they could have almost beaten LA at the height of its power, they can probably still win a championship. Brad Miller is an excellent replacement for Vlade.

1.) Kings 55-27 - Playoffs
2.) LA Lakers 48-34 - Playoffs
3.) Phoenix Suns 46-36
4.) LA Clippers 39-43
5.) GSWarriors 38-44

Natston
10-13-2004, 02:02 AM
If Webber gets hurt and manages to lose his way to the arena on a nightly basis, I say contender. If not, then all hope is lost...

DisplacedKnick
10-13-2004, 07:52 AM
Still can't defend and Webber's on the downhill side.

Their window has closed.

Fool
10-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Still the best team in this division. Divac is a nice passer but the team is filled with nice passers. Chemistry could be an issue of course but that will keep them from contending for a championship, not from winning their division.

1)Kings
2)Suns
3)Lakers
4)Clippers
5)Warriors

Woudn't it be great if the Clippers actually ended up with a better record than the La Bryants? With Maggette and Brand at forward and the guards playing more complimentary roles with Kittles instead of Q, I think the offense will be better. And if Kaman can actually capture some of the promise he showed last year I think they are one season away from fighting for a playoff spot.

Hicks
10-13-2004, 09:05 AM
I think the Lakers are the best team in their division.

Shade
10-13-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm going to go on record as saying that the Kings will be bad this year. Maybe not even a playoff team. Webber's about as done as Grant Hill, Divac is gone, and they already began to self-destruct at the end of last season.

As for the Pacific standings:

1) :lakers:
2) :suns:
3) :warriors:
4) :kings:
5) :clippers:

Mr. Pink
10-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Sacramento 4th?

U serious?!?

Last year they finished 2nd in the division..and that was with Webber out for 1/2 the season.

Even if Webber is goin down in out...this team is still pretty good.

Fool
10-13-2004, 01:41 PM
I'd agree that Webber is as over as the Grant Hill who will lead the Magic to playoff contention this year.

(I know its a risky bet but I am betting on both being healthy and productive.)

ChicagoJ
10-13-2004, 01:50 PM
This division isn't very good. I expect the Kings to be around 0.500 or slightly better, and they might have an outside chance at home court in the first round, but I don't think so.

I think it might well be:

:lakers: 53-29

:suns: 46-36

:kings: 43-39

:warriors: 38-44

:clippers: 26-56
Sonics? D'oh!