PDA

View Full Version : Eddy Curry wants close to a max deal??

sweabs
10-12-2004, 04:29 PM
g

TheSauceMaster
10-12-2004, 04:35 PM
I think the key word there is "Wants" doesn't mean he will get :p

Roaming Gnome
10-12-2004, 04:41 PM
:pissed2: People in Hell want Ice Water too! :pissed2:

Slick Pinkham
10-12-2004, 05:06 PM
I'd like the Pacemates to form a harem to worship me and take care of my every need.

Seems about as likely.

ChicagoJ
10-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Curry => :lol: <= Paxson

BigMac
10-12-2004, 08:29 PM
I think Eddy should demand one million dollars for each pound he's put on since being drafted. So he's actually in line for a $100 million contract, then.

If only we paid Bender along the same lines. :laugh:

tseramid
10-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Maybe we are looking at this all wrong...maybe he finds Chicago such a horrible place to play that it would take a max deal for him to come back.

Peck
10-12-2004, 09:21 PM
laugh all you want guys.

Just like I said when Brad Miller was a free agent, centers who actually are centers are going to be paid top dollar because there are so few of them.

I'm not saying Eddy deserves the max., he doesn't, but I would not be one bit suprised if some team out there doesn't offer him something close to the max & then the Bulls will either match it or not.

My guess is.... they will.

kerosene
10-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Peck, all accounts I've read said that Dale Davis handed B. Miller his backside a couple nights ago. So, how do you feel about bring DD back after his contract is up this season? He's winning serious W's fans over and it's just the preseaon.

Peck
10-13-2004, 12:31 AM
You actually think I'm going to argue against bringing Dale Davis back?:devil:

Of course Dale should come home to end his career right where it started. Hell, I'm all for doing anything to bring him here this season.

I've said it before & I'll say it again. If Dale Davis were here right now he would be our starting center & we would be better for it.

clownskull
10-13-2004, 12:13 PM
i really have little to no interest in having dale return. he cannot shoot and never could. i also never believed his 6'11 listed height, more like about 6'9 and a half. he did his job well and i liked him but, i don't think he brings us anything that foster does not do for us already. i'm not intentionaly ripping dale or anything, i just don't think he would make us a better team now.

Natston
10-13-2004, 12:18 PM
i really have little to no interest in having dale return. he cannot shoot and never could. i also never believed his 6'11 listed height, more like about 6'9 and a half. he did his job well and i liked him but, i don't think he brings us anything that foster does not do for us already. i'm not intentionaly ripping dale or anything, i just don't think he would make us a better team now.

I want him because he'd give us a physical defender. ;)

Doug
10-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Dale >>>>> Foster at defending physical post players

Dale >>> Foster for getting tough rebounds in traffic.

Jeff's improved here in both these areas, but he's not in Dale's league - few are.

Jeff's better with finesse post players (KG for example) and gets a lot of "hustle" rebounds.

And Dale has a higher "intimidation factor" for opponents.

Crap. I just helped turn this into a Dale Davis thread...

Back on topic, IMO Curry and a "Max" deal is almost as rediculous as if Bender had asked for one. On the other hand, there were a lot of very big deals for middle-of-the-road centers thrown around lately. True centers are harder to find and get a premium. Supply and demand.

kerosene
10-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Crap. I just helped turn this into a Dale Davis thread...

hehe. What I've posted a couple times on the W's board is that yes, DD has lost a step and no, there's not really an offensive game to speak of but, he's a legitimage tough guy on the floor and not in a cheapshot sort of way. He could teach Troy Murphy a thing or two (who's already a pretty tough cookie in his own right) about playing down low.

Curry getting the max? I'm not so sure he'll get that but I see those B.Miller/Dampier type contracts being thrown his way.

Peck
10-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Troy Murphy.

Now there is a player we should really try & get our hands on.

Anthem
10-14-2004, 01:44 AM
Peck likes revolutionary power forwards that spend the year on the IL. :devil:

Murphy... Bender... who's next?