PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where I can get some of the music they play over the PA at home games?

Dr Huxtable
10-11-2004, 06:35 PM
ESPN NBA 2K5 for XBox lets you take MP3s you have ripped to it's HDD and not only add custom soundtracks, but customize what music it plays for certain situations during a game. For example: what it plays while you're bringing it up court, or after someone hits a three (IT'S MILLLLLLLLLEEEERRRRRR TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!").

So naturally, I want it to be like a real Pacers home game, and I want the music they play at home games. Does anyone know where I can find them? I don't want the licensed songs, like that dumb song they always played by Usher at tipoff late last season, but the ones specific to the Pacers, such as the "charge" song, but with the Indy cars in the background.

Thanks. :cool:

MSA2CF
10-11-2004, 09:01 PM
You might ask DJ Paul B.

TheSauceMaster
10-12-2004, 12:21 AM
gooogle it !!!!!! When will people learn :p

wickedstick
10-12-2004, 04:18 AM
Honestly, If you live in or around Indy check the mom and pop record stores such as Music City on 38th and Lafayette, Barry's Music, Rocabilly's. You may have to ask to see any work by Paul B.. but they should have them even after the RIAA scare that happened back in the early part of the year. I know for a fact that Music City has DJ mix tapes. I'm not sure about a Pacers game mix tape since he would have to get permission from the Pacers and possibly the NBA.

ChicagoJ
10-12-2004, 12:24 PM
As I understand it, Paul doesn't control the team's PA system, which includes the in-game sound effects, which is what Dr. Huxtable is asking about.

Paul just spins music during timeouts and halftime.

I just think we've got the Dr. barking up the wrong alley here, and I seriously doubt that PS&E has ever been asked this question before so I'd recommend starting directly with the 'game management' people at PS&E. I don't think you'll have any success, but what's the worst they can do, say "no."?

If you get 'em; I'd really like an .mp3 of the "Defense chat" - after a decade or so that particular rhythym is so in-grained in my head that I hate hearing "DE FENSE" in any different rhythym.

Roaming Gnome
10-12-2004, 04:36 PM
One of the CD's that's played while the Pacers are on Offense for in-game music is called Bass Mechanic and the two songs off that are #4 Rule the Universe. I forget the other song that is played off this CD.

One of the Defense chants...The one after a big play usually is strait off of Jock Jams 5 (Song 2), they just mixed in the Defense drums and repeat it before the words of the song comes in.

Also another defense ditty is off of Jock Rock 1...It is the dreaded Madison Square Garden Organ just re-synthisized and sped up a little bit.

Hope this helps...