PDA

View Full Version : Preseason games via WIBC/WIBC-Online Stream

TMJ31
10-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Being out of state, not having league pass this year (moving soon) and all. Does anyone know if WIBC's online web stream will have mark and slick calling the preseason/reg season games like before?

ChicagoJ
10-11-2004, 10:41 AM
I think that's true. I guess we'll all find out tonight when we try to listen online. As I'm sure you know, the Audio League Pass has exclusive rights to the regular season games, but the preseason games are generally found on WIBC's stream. You can occasionally get a game, or a part of a game, from WIBC's stream during the regular season when an intern forgets to "flip the switch".

Do any of you guys that can get WIBC via an antennae know if tonight's game is scheduled to be broadcast on WIBC? - in year's past they haven't always picked up all the non-MSA/CFH early preseason games.

MagicRat
10-11-2004, 10:51 AM
It will be on. WIBC's on-air schedule lists the game with an *, which I think means it won't be streamed.

TheSauceMaster
10-11-2004, 01:16 PM
It's touch and go it seems like most the time with what games they stream , cause there not allowed to stream them , sometimes you get lucky and whoever is in charge of that falls asleep or they forget ;)

From the WIBC site :

Pacers blackout/Fever blackout
1070 WIBC's broadcasts of the Indiana Pacers and the Indiana Fever will not be webcast due to NBA and WNBA policies and rules.
During games, you will not be able to connect to the stream.
go to NBA $9.95 Audio Pass

So if it doesnt happen then , don't be sad ..they warn you.