PDA

View Full Version : So are some of you League Pass-ers watching the Heat play tonight?

Hicks
10-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Their first preseason game, vs Houston, is tonight, and their local TV station is supposed to be covering it. Does this mean you'll be able to watch it with league pass?

And I have a question: Is there anything that can confirm whether your LP is "on" for the season yet? I ordered mine a while ago on Dish, and nothing's changed. I was wondering if there was something that I should look for to see if it might kick on for the game tonight or not? I'm guessing I won't have anything until Nov. 3, but I will make a point of checking tonight anyway just in case.

Just wish Dish would make it more clear, and have it kick in tonight instead of the 3rd :mad: :(

Anthem
10-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Hicks -

Buy yourself a PVR card, man! Share the love!

Hicks
10-10-2004, 03:59 PM
I do have a PVR card, actually. I plan to record a few of the "big games" for the Pacers this year to put on the ftp, like I did w/ all the playoff games last year.

Shade
10-10-2004, 04:18 PM
I do have a PVR card, actually. I plan to record a few of the "big games" for the Pacers this year to put on the ftp, like I did w/ all the playoff games last year.

Are you gonna get tonight's Heat/Rockets game up for us then? :eyebrow:

Hicks
10-10-2004, 04:21 PM
I'll tell you what. If it's on, then yes, I'll try to. But I'm not expecting Dish to let me have my LP until the regular season :(

TheSauceMaster
10-10-2004, 05:47 PM
I'll tell you what. If it's on, then yes, I'll try to. But I'm not expecting Dish to let me have my LP until the regular season :(

If it is indeed on LP I would be getting on the phone and if you get the same runaround ask for a supervisor to explain why you won't get LP til the season begins , you paid for LP you should be getting it when they start showing games ..just my opinion :devil:

Bball
10-10-2004, 06:29 PM
I agree with SauceMaster tho I'd explain the season HAS started... hence the fact that games are being played LIVE and on League Pass TODAY.

And if you get the runaround ask for a supervisor.

-Bball

Bball
10-10-2004, 06:33 PM
BTW... 'No' is the easiest answer someone can give you when they aren't really certain... or only have enough info to 'think' they know what they are talking about.

If DISH is like other similar entities your first contact might be more of a script reader than someone truly wanting to help you.

-BBall

Unclebuck
10-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Anyone with Comcast digital cable - League Pass know if they are showing the games tonight.

Anthem
10-10-2004, 07:36 PM
By the way... I encoded that file from MPEG-2 to DivX and it dropped from 3.5 gig to 350 meg. Pretty impressive, really.

I'm ready to upload as soon as Able is. Quality is pretty good... looks decent blown up to full screen on my 19".

Hicks
10-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Hmm... coincidence? I just checked, and just now I find NBATV to be showing up for me!

So, now that NBATV (where it should be for those that have LP, not the other channel of NBATV that would work throught he sports pack, so I know I have the right one) is working through League Pass, I guess I should be expecting to see the Heat game at 7:30? Isn't that how LP always works? If a local TV is covering it, LP gives it to us?

scar
10-10-2004, 08:25 PM
I don't have league pass, but when I checked the t.v. schedule, it said nothing about a game. I have every fox sports net in the country, and Sunshine Network is showing the game, but it's blacked out. I plan to have League Pass by later this week though.

Hicks
10-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Well, it's 7:30, and I'm still getting the stupid splash logo for Dish's Season Ticket instead of the game.

To veteran LP users: If a local TV game is blacked out, does LP still get it or not?

Cactus Jax
10-10-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm watching the game right now on league pass on Directv.

Hicks
10-10-2004, 08:59 PM
It's not showing up for me. :annoyed: Is it Nov. 3 yet? :unimpressed:

Bball
10-10-2004, 10:15 PM
This'll p1$$ you off.... I don't have League Pass as of yet (on Directv) and the game is ON for me. I just checked.

I think it might be a free preview period for all... at least Directv customers...

-BBall

blanket
10-10-2004, 10:35 PM
This'll p1$$ you off.... I don't have League Pass as of yet (on Directv) and the game is ON for me. I just checked.

I think it might be a free preview period for all... at least Directv customers...

-BBall

Same here...

gotta love the free preview! Hopefully tomorrow's Pacers game will be on as a free preview, too.

Eindar
10-11-2004, 03:35 AM

-BBall

Same here...

gotta love the free preview! Hopefully tomorrow's Pacers game will be on as a free preview, too.

I hate Comcast so much!

I just checked my League Pass (2:45am), and it's all blacked out. Guess no free preview for me :cry: