PDA

View Full Version : The First Bender Injury of the Season!

Bball
10-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Bender... injured?
Color me surprised.... :rolleyes:

-Bball

TheSauceMaster
10-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Bender... injured?
Color me surprised.... :rolleyes:

-Bball

:einstein::einstein::einstein:

Lord Helmet
10-08-2004, 07:35 PM
:mad: Already?Is it the same knee that hurt him last year?This is great, another lingering injury.We will actually need him this year too.

Unclebuck
10-08-2004, 07:55 PM
A sore a swollen knee and some of you guys are ready to jump ship already. I would guess every player on the team is a little sore and swollen right now.

I do agree that Tinsley is the X-factor

Anthem
10-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Same thing that happened to Al at the beginning of last season.

Get these guys some kneepads.

Shade
10-08-2004, 10:38 PM
:shakehead: :rolleyes:

I'm trying Lord, I'm really trying... :cry:

Young
10-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Guys like UB basicly said this isn't a big deal.

He isn't gonna miss games. It is just a simple injury. It will effect his play but after a week or so it will be fine. No need to worry.

Bball
10-08-2004, 11:04 PM
You know... we should look at this differently... be more positive...

Just like when you see a robin and know spring is arriving soon... you see Bender has been injured and know basketball season is almost upon us! :cool:

-Bball

TheSauceMaster
10-09-2004, 03:28 PM
A sore a swollen knee and some of you guys are ready to jump ship already. I would guess every player on the team is a little sore and swollen right now.

I do agree that Tinsley is the X-factor

Nope still my same stance as last year , Bender is injury prone , let's see if he can play through it like the rest of the guys. Also it discredit's the hype of him bulking up , he's still going to be the same injury prone JB , if he proves me wrong I will be happy to admit it.

Hicks
10-09-2004, 04:13 PM
This isn't a sign of injury prone. He banged knees with someone. Al Harrington did the exact same thing last year. Bulking up won't protect you from hitting knees with someone.

sweabs
10-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Colliding knees happens all the time...I've done it countless times...it is no big deal at all.

If this happened to Ron you wouldn't hear a thing.

DisplacedKnick
10-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Colliding knees happens all the time...I've done it countless times...it is no big deal at all.

So have I - you get up, limp around for a couple of minutes. For the next day, maybe even two it's a little sore - then it's gone.

If this happened to Ron you wouldn't hear a thing.

No kidding - he never would have said a word. Plus his knee wouldn't have swollen up requiring treatment.

TheSauceMaster
10-09-2004, 07:13 PM
The problem with Bender is Cinderella's Glass Slipper could take more abuse than Bender.

Look at what J.O played through in the ECF , and he didn't think once about not playing a game , Bender has been known to sit out of things for common injuries that most of the other NBA players play through all the time.

Anthem
10-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Ok, I agree it's funny, but I'd like to point out that comparing any human being's toughness and ability to play through pain to Ron Artest's is just unfair. Ron's a freak of nature... I doubt two broken legs would keep him off the court unless the bone was actually coming through the skin.

And for what it's worth, Al complained about his pretty consistently for several months.

SoupIsGood
10-09-2004, 08:17 PM
No kidding - he never would have said a word. Plus his knee wouldn't have swollen up requiring treatment.

So Artest has Super-Knees now?

Peck
10-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Two ways of looking at this.

1. It's just a small knee contusion & should be no big deal.

2. It is Bender. Read carefully & you will see that he "should" be ready by the open of the season. Another way of reading that is that Jon will maybe miss training camp. Thus giving him the built in excuse for being behind everybody else.

I don't know which to think.

DisplacedKnick
10-09-2004, 11:28 PM

So Artest has Super-Knees now?

Nope - just his aren't made of glass.

MagicRat
10-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Al Harrington did the exact same thing last year......

Seems like we were hearing about that for half the season, too.......

ABADays
10-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Are we certain his knee just hasn't bulked up?

For you guys using the Bender avatar - could you maybe put some bandages on him to make the picture more accurate?

Anthem
10-10-2004, 12:40 PM
So he said his knee hurt, but he's continued to practice and he's playing the first preseason game.

Looks like some of us read too much into a paragraph on the internet.

It's time to play the games, I think.

TheSauceMaster
10-11-2004, 01:22 PM
So he said his knee hurt, but he's continued to practice and he's playing the first preseason game.

Oh really :rolleyes::rolleyes:

O’Neal, Bender May Miss Preseason Opener

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/camp_opener_041010.html