View Full Version : Shaq expected to play on Saturday

Basketball Fan
05-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Desperate times call for desperate measures

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6486856

Shaquille O'Neal expected to playEmail Print Comments1 By Chris Forsberg
ESPNBoston.com
Archive
WALTHAM, Mass. -- Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday that he expects all of the Celtics, including Shaquille O'Neal, to be ready for Game 3 against the Miami Heat on Saturday.

Celtics Playoff Coverage

Complete coverage of the Celtics' series vs. the Heat. C's Playoff Center
Celtics Blog | ESPN Boston

Paul Pierce (strained Achilles), Rajon Rondo (back) and Ray Allen (chest) were all banged up in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series in Miami, with Pierce and Allen each missing time. But all three will be ready for Saturday, Rivers said.

O'Neal practiced on Thursday and should also be ready to go, Rivers said.

The Celtics are down 2-0 in the best-of-seven series. A loss in Game 3 would put them on the brink of elimination.

"Everybody's good. Everybody is feeling pretty good," Rivers said after practice. "Right now, we expect every single guy, including Shaq, to play [in Game 3]."

Rivers said the team watched film and did a walkthrough, while the second unit put in some work.

O'Neal participated in his first scrimmage work Monday since aggravating this right calf/Achilles injury against the Detroit Pistons on April 3. It's the only game action he's logged since Feb. 1.

ECKrueger
05-05-2011, 06:56 PM
I was just informed that @THE_REAL_SHAQ will be returning for game 3. That should be an enjoyable seven minutes in heaven for Celtics fans.

I love this account.

v_d_g
05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Hard to believe that he hasn't played all these months. Amputees have made it back competitively, even factoring in rehab time to learn how to use prosthetic devices, quicker than it's taken LARDO to come back from a calf injury.

I get the sense that we'll be reading all summer about how SHAQ is rehabbing and SHOULD be back for the start of next season (assuming there is one). By all means, we need to be constantly updated about this.

What a joke. Imagine being the Celtics just before the trading deadline and actually planning the rest of the season with the assumption that LARDO will actually get on the court. Right about now (well, actually, a few months ago) it looks like wooing Rasheed for a comeback might've been the way to go. Couldn't have been any worse.

ilive4sports
05-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Hard to believe that he hasn't played all these months. Amputees have made it back competitively, even factoring in rehab time to learn how to use prosthetic devices, quicker than it's taken LARDO to come back from a calf injury.

I get the sense that we'll be reading all summer about how SHAQ is rehabbing and SHOULD be back for the start of next season (assuming there is one). By all means, we need to be constantly updated about this.

What a joke. Imagine being the Celtics just before the trading deadline and actually planning the rest of the season with the assumption that LARDO will actually get on the court. Right about now (well, actually, a few months ago) it looks like wooing Rasheed for a comeback might've been the way to go. Couldn't have been any worse.

Show some respect for one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball. No reason to call him lardo. Shaq was once the most dominant force in the game, one of the most dominant ever. Not to mention, he has always been a great guy.

GrangerRanger
05-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh, so if he weren't one of the greatest players ever it would be perfectly fine to describe him as lardo?

Right.

He's out of shape, old, and a little (okay, not really) on the heavy side. The fact that 10 years ago he was dominant doesn't change the fact he's flabby.

ilive4sports
05-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Oh, so if he weren't one of the greatest players ever it would be perfectly fine to describe him as lardo?

Right.

He's out of shape, old, and a little (okay, not really) on the heavy side. The fact that 10 years ago he was dominant doesn't change the fact he's flabby.

Yeah, if he was Eddy Curry, go ahead and call him lardo. But he's not. He is Shaq and when he plays, he is still effective.

PacersHomer
05-07-2011, 09:00 AM
I wonder if he'll suffer his 5th heart attack of the season.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6cfTZCAjhNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pacer4ever
05-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I wonder if he'll suffer his 5th heart attack of the season.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6cfTZCAjhNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lol:

Pacerized
05-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I really hope Shaq can play and contribute today. Even if he's hurt at this stage of the his career what does he have to hold anything back for. I really, really don't want Miami to advance past Boston and go on to win the east.