PDA

View Full Version : Tyler reads Chicken Little

ECKrueger
05-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Any one want to hear Tyler Hansbrough read Chicken Little?

Call 317-275-4444. It is free and sponsored by the Indy Public Library or something.

Pretty funny stuff.

Ya, this is from the Indianapolis Marion County Public Library.

Psyren
05-05-2011, 01:29 AM
"Oh my goodness, Oh my gracious" :laugh:

Constellations
05-05-2011, 05:34 AM
"He grabbed his umbrella, to protect his scrambled noggin."

LOL. This is great, much love Tyler.

Professor S
05-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Someone with more computer skills than I have needs to record this and sync it up to a Tyler highlight video and post it to YouTube.

ColeTheMole
05-05-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure where, but the audio clip is on the internet somewhere on nba.com. Kielbeze posted a link on his twitter some time ago.

MunciePacerBabe
05-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm not sure where, but the audio clip is on the internet somewhere on nba.com. Kielbeze posted a link on his twitter some time ago.

I just went to Pacers.com to the Call-A-Pacer section. Several of the Pacers have their recorded stories there. The stories and readings are great! Among them.... Jeff Foster puts in sound effects, Paul George is a great reader and Tyler's is fun! Slam dunk from the Pacers and Indianapolis Public Library!

coop-a-loop
05-05-2011, 10:24 AM
It got in the online edition of the Wall Street Journal (http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2011/05/04/tyler-hansbrough-reads-chicken-little/#).

ECKrueger
05-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I just went to Pacers.com to the Call-A-Pacer section. Several of the Pacers have their recorded stories there. The stories and readings are great! Among them.... Jeff Foster puts in sound effects, Paul George is a great reader and Tyler's is fun! Slam dunk from the Pacers and Indianapolis Public Library!

Haha I didn't know there were more. I just saw this mentioned on twitter. You gotta love this team.

ColeTheMole
05-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Mike Dunleavy is going to read "T is for terrible."

Smooth move, management.

ECKrueger
05-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Ha, that is funny.

For the 18th straight year the Indiana Pacers have teamed up with the Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library to present Call-A-Pacer, which is presented by Stanley Security Solutions.

Call-A-Pacer allows callers to listen to featured Pacers' players read part of a childrenís story. Fans of all ages can call (317) 275-4444 or log on to Pacers.com to hear members of the Indiana Pacers read pre-selected children's stories. Fans can also visit their local library and receive an autographed photo of that weekís featured player. The phone lines are open 24 hours, and may be accessed by up to four listeners at a time.

In addition to the Pacers players, other VIPs participating in the program include: former Pacers great Darnell Hillman, Trisha Shepherd of WRTV, Jeremiah Johnson of FOX 59, Scott Swan of WTHR, Ashley Adamson of WISH and Terri Stacy of WIBC.

The Call-A-Pacer program is part of Pacers Cares and was created to encourage school-age children to read and visit their neighborhood library. All stories will run for one week beginning April 4, 2011 and will conclude the week of June 20, 2011. The schedule is as follows:

Book Featured Reader Week

Giraffes Canít Dance Dahntay Jones April 4, 2011
by Giles Andreae

Bubba and Beau Best Friends Darren Collison April 11, 2011
by Kathi Appelt

I Am Not Going To Get Up Today Josh McRoberts April 18, 2011
by Dr. Seuss

I Can Be Anything A.J. Price April 25, 2011
by Jerry Spinelli

Chicken Little Tyler Hansbrough May 2, 2011
by Rebecca Emberley and Ed Emberley

I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly Roy Hibbert May 9, 2011
by Nadine Bernard Westcott

Marvin K. Mooney will you Please Go Now! James Posey May 16, 2011
by Dr. Seuss

No Pease for Nellie Danny Granger May 23, 2011
by Chris Demarest

Snow Bears Brandon Rush May 30, 2011
by Martin Waddell

Donít Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Jeff Foster June 6, 2011
by Mo Willems

Trucks Whizz! Zoom! Rumble! Paul George June 13, 2011
by Patricia Hubbell

T is for Terrible Mike Dunleavy June 20, 2011
by Peter McCarty

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/call_a_pacers_110401.html

Sookie
05-05-2011, 03:21 PM
*sigh*

AJ says "LiBARY"

I know it's a New York accent thing (I hear it all the time)

but...

Biggest. Pet. Peeve. Ever.

yoadknux
05-06-2011, 08:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JieHmC9DH8

1:27 - A corn fell
3:08 - Foxy Loxy!!!
3:34 - "Oh damn"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trophy
05-06-2011, 08:14 PM
*sigh*

AJ says "LiBARY"

but...

That's not from having a New York accent.

It's just a common mispronouncing some people have. You usually hear it from kids though before they know how to spell the word.

JEM
05-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Maybe one day Hansbrough wont tense up during situations like this.. The only good interview I remember of him is when he told a guy ( during practice I think ) that he was a " better Michael Jordan " :).

ECKrueger
05-06-2011, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JieHmC9DH8

1:27 - A corn fell
3:08 - Foxy Loxy!!!
3:34 - "Oh damn"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Those guys got annoying after a while.

Kemo
05-06-2011, 08:55 PM
*sigh*

AJ says "LiBARY"

but...

hehe , I don't think it is necesarrily a NY accent thing..maybe more of a slang thing, or a "not know any better" , bad english type of thing...

Cause ,I remember back in school, there was only 1 white kid I ever heard say it that way, but he was doing it cause he was tryin to fit in with the black kids and the venacular they used ... but EVERY black kid I have heard say the word "library" back when I was in grade/middle/highschool , called it a "Lie-berry"

I always thought it was funny

lol..

Sookie
05-10-2011, 12:06 AM
hehe , I don't think it is necesarrily a NY accent thing..maybe more of a slang thing, or a "not know any better" , bad english type of thing...

Cause ,I remember back in school, there was only 1 white kid I ever heard say it that way, but he was doing it cause he was tryin to fit in with the black kids and the venacular they used ... but EVERY black kid I have heard say the word "library" back when I was in grade/middle/highschool , called it a "Lie-berry"

I always thought it was funny

lol..

Really, because before I moved to NY, there were a few people I knew who pronounced it that way. (Actually there was an entire family I knew, one of which was my English teacher..that pronounced it that way..) But in NY...everyone pronounces it like that. (That I've heard) so I just assumed..

It drives me batty. :laugh: (the making the "th" sound into an "f" sound is another one...and the "ax" instead of "ask"... doesn't drive me as nuts though as Libary though...)

MagicRat
05-10-2011, 11:53 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OY_gWNvMysw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KingGeorge
05-10-2011, 11:59 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OY_gWNvMysw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ronald Artest knows how to read?