PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford tweets about Paul George

ensergio
05-04-2011, 09:21 PM
"Great to see @King24George already working on his game. If there was a 2010 re-draft I think he'd go 3 behind Wall & Cousins. He's special"

http://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider/statuses/65935211728355328

I think that George is, without discussion, the future of the franchise.

PacerPride33
05-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Great to hear that from Chad Ford. I was confused at first, hearing that he was working out at the draft camp today? Just wants to get better in any way he can, has the best work ethic on the team already, LOVE IT

focused444
05-04-2011, 09:40 PM
once he reigns in his dribble (did improve as he played more) he will be lethal...

love this kid...

love the work ethic...

PacerPassion55
05-04-2011, 09:44 PM
absolutely love the kid. great personality and seems to have a great head on his shoulders. i am so excited to watch him grow.

xBulletproof
05-04-2011, 09:58 PM
He needs to work on his physical strength and staying low when he dribbles. He needs the strength at the rim, he tries to get too cute when he just needs to go strong.

Hit the weights, man.

Kaufman
05-04-2011, 10:05 PM

i love the enthusiasm, and i am as excited about george as the next guy, but it is too soon to make this statement

Really?
05-04-2011, 10:12 PM
"Great to see @King24George already working on his game. If there was a 2010 re-draft I think he'd go 3 behind Wall & Cousins. He's special"

I think there is a discussion but only time will tell... I do like his potential but he has a LOT to work on a LOT... glad to see he is putting in the effort early though. :)

Really?
05-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Oh yeah checkout this if you haven't already, some of chad fords comments as well as a couple picks of some of his watching players... PG included

http://yfrog.com/user/chadfordinsider/profile

Eleazar
05-04-2011, 11:40 PM

Chad Ford was the guy who said George would be the best player from this draft in 5 years around draft time last year.

Constellations
05-04-2011, 11:43 PM
We are lucky to have PG24 on our team for sure. He is indeed "Special".

jeffg-body
05-04-2011, 11:45 PM
He may be our batman to our Robin (Danny) in two years.

Hicks
05-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Chad Ford was the guy who said George would be the best player from this draft in 5 years around draft time last year.

I thought it was someone else who said/wrote that?

xBulletproof
05-04-2011, 11:50 PM

I believe it was a anonymous Eastern Conference team scout.

vnzla81
05-04-2011, 11:51 PM

Nope, Chad Ford said that during the NBA draft workout when they were talking about players potentials.

xBulletproof
05-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Nope, Chad Ford said that during the NBA draft workout when they were talking about players potentials.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApLTmWv_pgaGERApF.q10zm8vLYF?slug=mc-georgedraft062210

“In five years,” the Eastern Conference scout said, “Paul George will be the best player to come out of this draft.

crunk-juice
05-05-2011, 12:31 AM
i sure hope he's one to actually reach his potential... because it is downright painful to watch him on offense.

unless it's a fast break of course.

KingGeorge
05-05-2011, 12:34 AM
i sure hope he's one to actually reach his potential... because it is downright painful to watch him on offense.

unless it's a fast break of course.

In his defense, he never had the chance to improve his offense because he never had the ball.

PacerFan31
05-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Looks like we got our top 3 pick even with our end of the year winning spree lol

McKeyFan
05-05-2011, 09:24 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApLTmWv_pgaGERApF.q10zm8vLYF?slug=mc-georgedraft062210
“In five years,” the Eastern Conference scout said, “Paul George will be the best player to come out of this draft.
Yes, sometimes we are called gossipers and rumor mongers on these boards. But this kind of thing demonstrates how we can actually be the exact opposite.

Well done.

Really?
05-05-2011, 09:26 AM
In his defense, he never had the chance to improve his offense because he never had the ball.

He had his chances, he averaged about 7 shots a game from Jan thru the end of the season... I just think that it will be something that he has to work on this summer, its like he lacks consistency in it or something, he will hit a beautiful 3 and then the next second have the same form but airball it... so weird.

Excited to see his progression over the summer, maybe he should go train with Chad Ford, lol

pacer4ever
05-05-2011, 09:29 AM
He had his chances, he averaged about 7 shots a game from Jan thru the end of the season... I just think that it will be something that he has to work on this summer, its like he lacks consistency in it or something, he will hit a beautiful 3 and then the next second have the same form but airball it... so weird.

Excited to see his progression over the summer, maybe he should go train with Chad Ford, lol

and how many did the rest of the starters ave?:D Im sure a lot more especially Granger and Collison maybe even Tyler during that period. Im sure he attemted the least amount of shots amogest the starters

naptownmenace
05-05-2011, 09:41 AM

Agreed. He has beautiful form but his accuracy is so wishy-washy.

I think he really worked on his conditioning last summer and it helped him get through the season pretty well. This offseason he needs to work on getting stronger and finishing through contact. I don't really care at this point if he isn't a good 3-point shooter. He just needs to be able to attack the basket and finish through contact to take the next step.

He should work with David Thorpe or Rob McClanaghan. McClanaghan is the guy that trained Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, and Kevin Love last summer. That's a group that includes 1 MVP, 1 MIP, and 3 All-Stars. He's an awesome trainer.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8tdwMyzvQss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MTM
05-05-2011, 09:48 AM
The only hesitation I have with PG is that he did not significantly outperform his peers at the college level (at a mid-level program), and he does not seem to have an offensive mentality required of a true alpha dog star. That doesn't mean he won't be an amazing Derek McKey type guy, but he may not be the 25 point per game scorer some people are hoping to have.

pacergod2
05-05-2011, 10:50 AM

It shouldn't matter. Brandon Rush has been crucified on this board for being inconsistent offensively. Many have lumped expectations of a #2 scorer on Brandon, what makes you think they won't do the same to George.

I am not saying Rush and George are the same player. But we have gotten terrific defense from our SG position over the last three years, except for when Dunleay is on the floor. Although we have lacked the offensive output with him, George is the new "solution". I hope he is the solution, because I am going to hate hearing how bad George is because he doesn't score 20 per game for the next two years. Of course George has a better team around him with Troy Murphy off the roster and a more explosive PG.

yoadknux
05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
He's got a long way to go. I'm sorry but I can't honestly call a guy who had an average, maybe above average rookie year our next franchise player. I do hope he will improve and become our franchise player though, and he's making decent progress.

Hicks
05-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Never forget that this guy is a late bloomer, a kid who played CENTER in high school, didn't start playing as a wing until I believe late in his freshman year at Fresno State (was their 4 prior), who is/was raw enough that most of us thought he might not even be a rotation player this season. The fact that he already looks like he does is sort of amazing.

I have things I want him to get WAY better at, too, but it's not like he's been playing SG/SF for many years. And he just this week turned 21.

The time to get more critical on this guy is another season or so away. He's ahead of schedule as far as I'm concerned.

MyFavMartin
05-05-2011, 12:00 PM
His PER is ahead of players like Daequan Cook and OJ Mayo, so even through trades, PG might just be our starting SG of the future.

OakMoses
05-05-2011, 12:24 PM
His PER is ahead of players like Daequan Cook and OJ Mayo, so even through trades, PG might just be our starting SG of the future.

He's one reason why I don't see SG as a huge priority for next year like most people do. Sure, we desperately need a guy who can create their own shot and draw the defense away from other guys. And yes, a lot of those guys play SG. However, we could accomplish a similar goal by significantly upgrading any of the other 4 positions. A consistently deadly low-post scorer or a truly creative PG would go just as far towards making our offense functional as a shot-making 2-guard.

Besides if you throw a guy like Mayo into our current starting lineup there will not be enough basketballs to go around.

Kid Minneapolis
05-05-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty happy with our "cheap" roster, lol... I don't see a pressing need to break the bank unless we can somehow land a bonafide star. I know we have a ton of money, but... the options aren't really great this year. I just feel like if we go out and make a big signing, it will be for a player that underwhelms and puts us closer to cap-hell again. It seems like everyone available is really not a clear-cut upgrade over our current guys. I'm still curious to see how our guys improve with a full off-season and season under Vogel.... I've always had the impression their main issue was lack of confidence under JOB, and now they have a guy who instills that. Not a single position do I feel like we have a glaring hole. If any position frustrates me the most.... it's Center. When Roy is "on", it's awesome. When he's not on... which is more often than I like... he's just a non-factor it seems and it really seems to have an effect on our team success. I guess what I'm saying is... we count on Roy to be the cog... and he doesn't always seem up to the task. But... it seemed like his confidence and consistency improved under Vogel, so who knows...

If he can become more consistent, however, then I'm completely fine with this roster. I really can't even complain about our bench. Maybe trade Rush for more front-line help... a backup C.

Really?
05-05-2011, 12:36 PM
and how many did the rest of the starters ave?:D Im sure a lot more especially Granger and Collison maybe even Tyler during that period. Im sure he attemted the least amount of shots amogest the starters

Point was that he had adequate attempts, not sure that I really wanted him taking 15 shots a game anyways, I would rather him focus on his defense his first year than shooting, but his shot is something that definetly has to improve.

He's one reason why I don't see SG as a huge priority for next year like most people do. Sure, we desperately need a guy who can create their own shot and draw the defense away from other guys. And yes, a lot of those guys play SG. However, we could accomplish a similar goal by significantly upgrading any of the other 4 positions. A consistently deadly low-post scorer or a truly creative PG would go just as far towards making our offense functional as a shot-making 2-guard.

Besides if you throw a guy like Mayo into our current starting lineup there will not be enough basketballs to go around.

Thanks, I think mayo is most efficient when the ball is in his hands.

To add to the George thing, I wouldn't say I am worried about the 2 but George will need to continue working on his handles if he wants to stay at that position, if not he will have to play the 3 the majority of the times.

PR07
05-05-2011, 12:53 PM

I don't see SG as a high priority either, but I would still like to see someone like Crawford or Mayo come to town as a combo scoring guard off the bench because they can play the 1 and 2, giving us a lot of flexibility on where we can play George.

xBulletproof
05-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Yes, sometimes we are called gossipers and rumor mongers on these boards. But this kind of thing demonstrates how we can actually be the exact opposite.

Well done.

Why do I feel like I'm missing some form of sarcasm here? :laugh:

Midcoasted
05-05-2011, 01:15 PM
The major knock on him around here was he was to slow to defend 2 gaurds in this league. Well he just gaurded a point gaurd MVP as a rookie and was not slow.

The knock on him now is his offense. Once again, many will eat crow in the future. If we took a pick in the top 3, everyone here would expect him to be a franchise changer. Paul George has top 3 talent and is essentially a top 3 pick at 10. All the tankers last year *****ed and moaned for nothing, we got a lottery pick anyways. It is not a reach for people to consider him the future of this franchise. He is. We will go as far as he takes us.

daschysta
05-05-2011, 01:18 PM
I do know that i'd take PG over evan turner, Wesley Johnson, and everyone else in front of him rather than wall, cousins, and maybe monroe. There's agood chance that we end up with a worse player than PG if we tank the year before last...

Eddie Gill
05-05-2011, 01:28 PM
While I agree that his offense needs some serious polishing, I agree with Simmons' assessment that PG just LOOKS like a future star. Just something about how he glides around the court and the way he carries himself.

RWB
05-05-2011, 02:32 PM

I was told by someone on the bench his form is actually flawed, but so was Reggie's, so do you mess with it?

Kid Minneapolis
05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Ya his actual form appears to be elbow-heavy and static... and not consistent. When he shoots it's like he loads up properly, and then when he releases, it's direct forearm movement towards the goal and his elbow doesn't move at all, showing that he's not extending his upper arm at the same time and thus almost.... like limiting his range. But he's got NBA range with just his forearm, lol..

It's a funky shot. But... the trajectory and spin he puts on it with that form can result in just a beautiful swish, or a badly-missed brick. Too much variation.

I'm sure he'll get it worked out over time. He has enough natural instincts to just put the ball in the hoop from awkward positions and spots on the court, as evidenced by some of his last-second shots. It does remind me of Reggie's flawed shot... can't argue with the effectiveness, but his "hand-cross" shot was unorthodox.

ilive4sports
05-05-2011, 03:24 PM
I was told by someone on the bench his form is actually flawed, but so was Reggie's, so do you mess with it?

I'm not really seeing a flawed shooting form in PG's shot...

Remember this kid wasn't even supposed to play for us this year. Not only did he play, he started. Not only did he start, he guarded the MVP of the league pretty damn well.

His offense will come. He has the skill. You can see him make just about any play. It's just putting it all together. He's gotta clean up his ball handling. He needs to continue to grow and get a little bit stronger. He just needs to put the work in, and when it comes to Paul George, I know he will.

pacergod2
05-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I really think Paul will end up being our best player. I don't deny that. As for his shooting form, he needs more arc on his shots. They are too flat. It will make a big difference on the shots that are close enough that they should go in.

cdash
05-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I really think Paul will end up being our best player. I don't deny that. As for his shooting form, he needs more arc on his shots. They are too flat. It will make a big difference on the shots that are close enough that they should go in.

Really? I think he puts more arc on his shots than Danny Granger does.

His mechanics are fine. He was a rookie, his shooting will improve along with his decision making and everything else. He's going to be special.

lilojmayo
05-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Point was that he had adequate attempts, not sure that I really wanted him taking 15 shots a game anyways, I would rather him focus on his defense his first year than shooting, but his shot is something that definetly has to improve.

Thanks, I think mayo is most efficient when the ball is in his hands.

To add to the George thing, I wouldn't say I am worried about the 2 but George will need to continue working on his handles if he wants to stay at that position, if not he will have to play the 3 the majority of the times.

I was somewhat disappointed with George's rookie Campaign. I do realize he is very young only 21 (turned 21 a few days ago). So I won't close the book on him, but George can either become a Rudy Gay like player, just as easily as he can be a Trevor Ariza type of player.

Let's see ohow he develops.

And yep OJ is at his best with the ball in his hands in the pick and roll. He barely sees any plays for the Grizzlies, but when he does he typically delievers. Last game against the Thunder he had 13 straight points from the end of the 3rd to beginning of the 4th, when his number was called.