PDA

View Full Version : Was Roy Hibbert a good pick?

pacers_heath
05-02-2011, 05:43 PM
well...?

He seems like a decent starter, but if you could go back in time would you have taken someone else?

CableKC
05-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Ask me again when we get a legitimate Rebounding PF that can be paired up with him that can score.

yoadknux
05-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Better pick than Rush so far...

BringJackBack
05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Easy answer.

KingGeorge
05-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Of course it was a good pick. He is going to be a great scoring center in a couple years when he fully develops.

I know it's hard, but we have to learn to be patient with him.

I think he will be the best center to come from that draft (Lopez brothers, JaVale McGee, Kosta Koufus, DeAndre Jordan,Pekovic,etc.)

CooperManning
05-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Only regret about that draft is coming out of it with Roy and Brandon instead of Roy and Ibaka.

OakMoses
05-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I chose yes, but I want to disagree with the "he was the best option" part of the statement. There are a number of guys chosen later whom I'd trade Roy for right now (Hickson, Batum, Ibaka) and a few more who may end up being better (McGee, Hill, Lee, Jordan, Dragic).

However, if you look at any of the articles on the relative value of the draft picks (Tim Donahue did a great one at www.eightpointsnineseconds.com), I think you'd have to conclude that Hibbert, even if he stays at this year's productivity levels for the rest of his career, was a pretty good pick up at #17.

pacers_heath
05-02-2011, 06:28 PM
I chose yes, but I want to disagree with the "he was the best option" part of the statement. There are a number of guys chosen later whom I'd trade Roy for right now (Hickson, Batum, Ibaka) and a few more who may end up being better (McGee, Hill, Lee, Jordan, Dragic).

However, if you look at any of the articles on the relative value of the draft picks (Tim Donahue did a great one at www.eightpointsnineseconds.com), I think you'd have to conclude that Hibbert, even if he stays at this year's productivity levels for the rest of his career, was a pretty good pick up at #17.

yeah i phrased the question wrong. he was obviously a decent choice, but the question is more in was there better obvious choices?

OakMoses
05-02-2011, 06:32 PM
yeah i phrased the question wrong. he was obviously a decent choice, but the question is more in was there better obvious choices?

I still think he was a good choice. All of the guys chosen after him that I like had some very serious question marks. That some of them have panned out is to be expected, but there were very legitimate reasons for them being drafted later than Hibbert.

pacer4ever
05-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I want Ibaka but Hibbert is decent for being the 17th pick

EDIT

Kegboy
05-02-2011, 06:51 PM
I was standing next to Shade, and let me tell you, he was inconsolable that we didn't take Kosta Koufos.

:console:

/greenfont

cdash
05-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I wanted Ibaka but Hibbert is decent for being the 17th pick

I call shenanigans. No one had even heard of Ibaka before the draft you weren't clamoring for him stop it :laugh:

Sparhawk
05-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Hibbert was a nice pick. Rush, however, was not.

vnzla81
05-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I call shenanigans. No one had even heard of Ibaka before the draft you weren't clamoring for him stop it :laugh:

:laugh:

Sparhawk
05-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Really, the only pick I was really upset with was taking Hans over Jrue Holiday.

pacer4ever
05-02-2011, 07:08 PM

I heard of him I didnt watch any film on him pre draft but with his measurements he was very intersting much like Bismack is this year. I didnt like Hibbert at the time I will tell you that he was slow as hell in college i mean Rasho slow and about as good of athletic as Rasho. He was uncoorditated and didnt have very good feel. But he has improved a lot and become better than I expected. I really didnt like how his game would fit in at the NBA level. I remember on draft day I said Magee picked at 18 would be a better pro than Hibbert that is TBA but Hibbert looks better so far.

pacer4ever
05-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Really, the only pick I was really upset with was taking Hans over Jrue Holiday.

That still makes me mad.

BlueNGold
05-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Hibbert was a nice pick. Rush, however, was not.

Rush has been a disappointment but hardly as bad as Lance. Lance is probably the dumbest pick in franchise history.

ballism
05-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Good pick at 17 - yes.
Better choices - yes.

Hicks
05-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Bad poll. The question asks if he was a good pick (he was), but the answer makes me say he was the best choice (he probably wasn't). Didn't vote.

BlueNGold
05-02-2011, 07:32 PM

It's true that Jrue is too good but who had a clue? Who, You?

cdash
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Rush has been a disappointment but hardly as bad as Lance. Lance is probably the dumbest pick in franchise history.

Jonathan Bender is outraged by this statement.

He was a late second round pick. Low risk. He proved himself to be an idiot and all we lost was a late second round pick and a low salary contract.

Sparhawk
05-02-2011, 07:36 PM

He's certainly surprised me at how good he has become, but he was the guy I wanted in that draft. A defensive minded point with good size and length, sign me up.

cdash
05-02-2011, 07:36 PM

A lot of people wanted him with that pick. I was pissed at the time and while I am a Collison supporter, I like Holiday better. He wasn't completely off the radar. He was projected to go higher than our pick and he fell to us yet we passed on him.

BringJackBack
05-02-2011, 07:38 PM

I very, very strongly disagree.

He's not a huge risk at the #40th pick and he's easily worth the gamble. I'd rather pick him than some piece of garbage that would have been cut in training camp. If he keeps messing up, cut him. No damage done. Almost no risk/high reward.

There has to be some kind of risk involved for it to be the 'Dumbest pick in franchise history'. A risk such as high draft choice, a young project such as Robert Swift or Jrue Holiday at a lotteryish pick, or taking an injury prone guy over a more proven guy.

I'll judge Bird on giving Lance 4-5 chances, but I'm not going to judge him for drafting Lance.

smj887
05-02-2011, 07:43 PM

He was a late second round pick. Low risk. He proved himself to be an idiot and all we lost was a late second round pick and a low salary contract.

While I agree with what you're saying, Lance wasn't a late second round pick by almost any measure. He was 10th in the second round. Magnum Rolle was our late pick.

ballism
05-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Imagine we did all the right things and drafted Jrue, Roy and Ibaka with those picks. How awesome of a young lineup would that be, with Danny and PG.
That said, overall we have been a very well drafting team, for where we drafted.

Major Cold
05-02-2011, 08:22 PM

I was and I will bump the thread when I am on a computer. /green then you all will finally like me.

King Tuts Tomb
05-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Any pick outside the lottery that turns into a legitimate starting player is a good pick. Hibbert at 17th was an insane amount of value. I'm amazed anyone would consider it anything less than a success.

cdash
05-02-2011, 09:15 PM
While I agree with what you're saying, Lance wasn't a late second round pick by almost any measure. He was 10th in the second round. Magnum Rolle was our late pick.

Point still stands, but thanks.

hoosierguy
05-02-2011, 09:18 PM
At #17? For a guy that averaged 13 PPG and 8 RPG this past season and 11 PPG and 6 RPG for his career?

You bet your *** it was.

MyFavMartin
05-02-2011, 09:20 PM

That would be James White or Scott Haskins.

hoosierguy
05-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Holiday may have been a better pick than Hansbrough but not by much.

That isn't like the Blazers taking Bowie instead of Jordan.

15th parallel
05-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Of course, Hibbert is a good pick at 17. Of course, there may have been other late picks that have performed better than him at this point, but Hibbert has performed better as compared to other early picks on his batch (including Rush). Plus, he's been solid and healthy since he's been on the team, so that itself makes him a really damn good pick.

QuickRelease
05-02-2011, 09:44 PM
That would be James White or Scott Haskins.
Yeah, Ol' Scottie Haskins doesn't get near enough love for being a bad high pick.

Mr_Smith
05-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh man good ole' Scott Haskins....I remember that pick (damn i feel old). So many boo's in MSA that day

Day-V
05-02-2011, 10:00 PM
What the hell kinda question is this?

Major Cold
05-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I was and I will bump the thread when I am on a computer. /green then you all will finally like me.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=639889&postcount=34

(Ignore the Rose comment):(

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=663008&postcount=265

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=649607&postcount=144

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=648699&postcount=120

Trophy
05-02-2011, 10:21 PM
There aren't very many 7-2 players out there and that was the #1 thing that stood out to me when we got Roy. That's something he can build around.

When his head is on straight and he's hungry, this team is dangerous. So hopefully we see that Roy on a consistent basis moving forward.

He's getting there. At this point, I have no complaints. I'm glad he's our center. I would like for him to add more muscle and strength, which he'll do. It'll be easier for him to workout with weights now that he's lost a lot of body fat.

pacer4ever
05-02-2011, 10:25 PM
There aren't very many 7-2 players out there and that was the #1 thing that stood out to me when we got Roy. That's something he can build around.

When his head is on straight and he's hungry, this team is dangerous. So hopefully we see that Roy on a consistent basis moving forward.

He's getting there. At this point, I have no complaints. I'm glad he's our center. I would like for him to add more muscle and strength, which he'll do. It'll be easier for him to workout with weights now that he's lost a lot of body fat.

Defensive studs like Ibaka are just as hard to find as a skilled 7fters. Both are tuff to find.

I Love P
05-02-2011, 10:46 PM
One of the many things PD is obsessed with is Ibaka or what I call him, "Iblocka." Yea, make sure you all steal that.

xBulletproof
05-02-2011, 10:47 PM
One of the many things PD is obsessed with is Ibaka or what I call him, "Iblocka." Yea, make sure you all steal that.

..... you mean like you stole it?

As if we all haven't seen him called that throughout the playoffs when we watched too.

croz24
05-02-2011, 10:48 PM
what a stupid poll

BlueNGold
05-02-2011, 11:00 PM

There's a difference between a dumb pick and one determined to be bad after the fact. A dumb pick is one that only a fool would make in the first place.

Bender turned out to be a terrible pick. Far worse of a hit to the franchise than Lance. However, it was a fair debate at the time whether it was a good move. It hurt us in the playoffs against the Lakers and killed our payroll for years. So, it was far more damaging. So, sure, it turned out to be a far worse pick. However, Bender was more about really bad luck than a dumb move by a GM. Fact is, if Bender turned into Kevin Durant Donnie would have looked like a genius.

kester99
05-02-2011, 11:09 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=639889&postcount=34

(Ignore the Rose comment):(

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=663008&postcount=265

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=649607&postcount=144

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=648699&postcount=120

45...I finally like you, Major.

michealwilliams4
05-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Roy ended up being a good pick, and I hated it. I was wanting Darrell Arthur, so whatever. I don't want to hear people saying we should've drafted Serge Ibaka....

As for Hansbrough over Holiday, it was a mistake to not draft him over Hansbrough. Not even because Holiday panned out. He's what the franchise needed at that point AND was a high reward pick. He wasn't a sure thing, but I didn't see enough to think he wouldn't be good eventually. I was wanting Jennings to slip a bit further, but ah well. But I rather like how everything panned out to get Collison, so I'm okay with it, despite having to watch Earl Watson start all season.

xIndyFan
05-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah, Ol' Scottie Haskins doesn't get near enough love for being a bad high pick.

haskins was injured. that doesn't make him a bad pick, just an unlucky one. bender was the same way. guys get injured. it sux, but it happens. :shrug:

mattie
05-03-2011, 12:19 AM
..... you mean like you stole it?

As if we all haven't seen him called that throughout the playoffs when we watched too.

I've been calling him iblockalottashotta every since he had 47 blocked shots against us earlier this season... it was 47 or 48 can't remember exactly...

AesopRockOn
05-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Far worse of a hit to the franchise than Lance .

C'mon now. Give Lance a chance. He's only been here a season.

imbtyler
05-03-2011, 01:25 AM

"No hipster", I actually did watch Ibaka a while before the draft. I was really looking forward to him getting picked, and I prayed we'd get him. Though that didn't work out, I was (and still am) excited to see him get into the league.

thefeistyone
05-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Roy was a steal at 17

I kind of want the name of the posters that voted against this...

When you look back at a draft 3 years later and you struggle to find a better pick, I think you got your answer there.

Day-V
05-03-2011, 02:23 AM
I kind of want the name of the posters that voted against this...

You can click to see who voted for who. The Vote numbers are Links.

IndyPacer
05-03-2011, 02:36 AM
haskins was injured. that doesn't make him a bad pick, just an unlucky one. bender was the same way. guys get injured. it sux, but it happens. :shrug:

On the other hand, he had had health problems prior to being selected. I remember them talking about it when the pick was made. The whole draft was pretty awful that year to be honest.

For the record, I personally wanted Nick Van Exel in that draft, but he wasn't picked until the second round. Regardless, there most of those players in the draft were marginal or busts.

judicata
05-03-2011, 03:26 AM
I don't think you screwed your pick up if you didn't get the best pick on the board.

And Holiday was not a sleeper, but was considered a pretty big risk given his good-but-not-great 1 year stint as a college backup PG.

Major Cold
05-03-2011, 07:37 AM
45...I finally like you, Major.

My life is now complete

thefeistyone
05-03-2011, 07:54 AM
You can click to see who voted for who. The Vote numbers are Links.

I was kind of kidding because it was 86 to 3

Kind of a sad poll, but thanks anyway

Brad8888
05-03-2011, 11:52 AM
For those comparing Roy's progression versus others who were drafted at the same time, resulting in all having been in the league the same amount of time:

Never EVER forget the negative impact of the lack of early developmental opportunity as an actual 5 that Roy endured under JO'B.

It is a testament to Roy and his personal determination to be both the best he could be as well as doing EXACTLY as he was told that he has come as far as he has. Hopefully this summer he can actually work on low post play and a power game and gain strength in his legs and core to become the center he should be, instead of the "stretch 5" that JO'B wanted him to be.

Unclebuck
05-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Never EVER forget the negative impact of the lack of early developmental opportunity as an actual 5 that Roy endured under JO'B.

It is a testament to Roy and his personal determination to be both the best he could be as well as doing EXACTLY as he was told that he has come as far as he has. Hopefully this summer he can actually work on low post play and a power game and gain strength in his legs and core to become the center he should be, instead of the "stretch 5" that JO'B wanted him to be.

yes I think Roy was a good pick and keep in mind that I am someone who thinks we might be better of totrade him during the dsummer.

Brad I don't agree with that statement of yours.

"stretch 5" come on. Seems as though you are making up terms now. Are centers not allowed to play the high post? did JOb ever try to get Roy to take threes? Do we know that JOB wanted Roy to have weak legs? Did JOb want Roy to have a weak core? So if he didn't work on being a low post center last year what was Bill Walton here for.

there are plenty of things to criticize JOB about, you don't have to reach quite as far as you seem to be.

Lou Bega
05-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Yes, Take into account how positive he has been off the court. The Pacers needed a culture change @ that time and Roy is professional and gentleman off the court.

naptownmenace
05-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Is that you, Dr. Seuss? :D

Seriously, most people had the Pacers taking Jrue Holiday in their mock drafts. When he was still available with their pick I thought they were going to draft him or Ty Lawson. I was positive they were going to go for a PG considering that was the #1 position that needed upgrading.

PR07
05-03-2011, 12:08 PM
He was a steal at that spot.

SkipperZ
05-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Holiday may have been a better pick than Hansbrough but not by much.

That isn't like the Blazers taking Bowie instead of Jordan.

there is no situation thats like the blazers taking bowie instead of jordan. nevertheless, holiday would have definitely been a better pick than hansbrough by a very largeamount. what makes it really bad isn't even how good jrue ended up, its how obvious it was that that was the right pick. a player that was going as high as 4th or 5th in some mocks that played the position of our biggest need...

and ill even admit tylers 10x better than i thought he would be. but still jrues a much, much better player

judicata
05-03-2011, 05:43 PM
what makes it really bad isn't even how good jrue ended up, its how obvious it was that that was the right pick. a player that was going as high as 4th or 5th in some mocks that played the position of our biggest need...

JH would have been a great pick, and a better pick for this team than TH. But that is revisionist history. JH had a pretty mediocre season at UCLA. If not for his HS ranking he would have never been drafted after posting a season like that. Saying he was the obvious choice is just not true.

90'sNBARocked
05-03-2011, 06:06 PM
I heard of him I didnt watch any film on him pre draft but with his measurements he was very intersting much like Bismack is this year. I didnt like Hibbert at the time I will tell you that he was slow as hell in college i mean Rasho slow and about as good of athletic as Rasho. He was uncoorditated and didnt have very good feel. But he has improved a lot and become better than I expected. I really didnt like how his game would fit in at the NBA level. I remember on draft day I said Magee picked at 18 would be a better pro than Hibbert that is TBA but Hibbert looks better so far.

How did "I wanted him in the draft"

go to

"I've heard of him but didnt watching any film on him"

so, your saying a player you never saw play, you only heard of him and looked at his measurements..............

you wanted him for the Pacers on draft night?

:D

pacer4ever
05-03-2011, 06:13 PM
How did "I wanted him in the draft"

go to

"I've heard of him but didnt watching any film on him"

so, your saying a player you never saw play, you only heard of him and looked at his measurements..............

you wanted him for the Pacers on draft night?

:D

I want Ibaka but Hibbert is decent for being the 17th pick

EDIT
Ya it was a typo. I didnt watch basketball like i do now back then. Now I will get full game tape of players that are not well known. Back then I would watch youtube highlights of guys like Ibaka but never saw him play games. The only player I knew I wanted 100% sure from that draft was Eric Gordon simply because i had watch him play since he was in 8th grade. He was a beast everytime I watched him play. If i was in charge of that draft I would have traded pick 17 and 12 for pick 8 to get EJ.

BlueNGold
05-03-2011, 10:36 PM
C'mon now. Give Lance a chance. He's only been here a season.

I'm not at all sure if you are serious or joking. More of a chance to rack up incidents...or make baskets?

I think there is very little chance you see him around Indiana past his rookie contract.

vnzla81
05-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Way better pick than Beasley(2th),Mayo(3th), Gallinari(6th),Joe Alexander(8th), DJ Augustin(9th), Bayless(11th), Jason Thompson(12th), Rush(13th), Anthony Randolph(14th), Robin Lopez(15th) and Marreese Speights (16th).

BlueNGold
05-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Way better pick than Beasley(2th),Mayo(3th), Gallinari(6th),Joe Alexander(8th), DJ Augustin(9th), Bayless(11th), Jason Thompson(12th), Rush(13th), Anthony Randolph(14th), Robin Lopez(15th) and Marreese Speights (16th).

Wow. That really does look good. Only 5 guys picked above him are not on this list and I wouldn't trade him for any of these guys. Hibbert has more upside than any of them. Beasley might turn out to be better and maybe Mayo...but IDK.

michealwilliams4
05-03-2011, 11:03 PM
JH would have been a great pick, and a better pick for this team than TH. But that is revisionist history. JH had a pretty mediocre season at UCLA. If not for his HS ranking he would have never been drafted after posting a season like that. Saying he was the obvious choice is just not true.

I don't think it's as revisionist history as Ibaka over Hibbert, but I don't think it's entirely factual to say "Holiday was obvious." It's middle of the road. But Holiday, despite his mediocre season at UCLA, was well known as a potential pick. He wasn't the obvious choice because of the questions coming out about his one year, but it would've made absolute sense for Indiana to draft him. They needed a point guard desperately and it was during an insanely deep point guard draft.

It's really more of a blanket comment in regards to Holiday and what can be said about the next four picks (Lawson, Teague, Maynor, Collison) that would have been better picks than Hansbrough. Holiday is only being mentioned most since he's becoming the best of those five, but any of those five would've been better picks on draft night.

That said, it was all rendered moot when we ended up with the second best of that group, and Bird clearly thought Hansbrough was a safer pick than any of them, not to mention it kept Hansbrough away from Chicago, so there's really no reason to complain about the pick in a revisionist sense since it has worked itself out in a positive manner.

King Tuts Tomb
05-03-2011, 11:28 PM
If there's any doubt about how well the Pacers have drafted: We were the only team in the playoffs without a starter picked before 10th in the draft. Almost every other playoff team is built around a top 5 pick.

pacer4ever
05-04-2011, 10:06 AM

I would take Gailo and Beasley over him but thats just me they still have room to grow a lot so does Roy. Eric Gordon at 7th was the guy I wanted to trade up and get on draft day.

90'sNBARocked
05-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Ya it was a typo. I didnt watch basketball like i do now back then. Now I will get full game tape of players that are not well known. Back then I would watch youtube highlights of guys like Ibaka but never saw him play games. The only player I knew I wanted 100% sure from that draft was Eric Gordon simply because i had watch him play since he was in 8th grade. He was a beast everytime I watched him play. If i was in charge of that draft I would have traded pick 17 and 12 for pick 8 to get EJ.

I give you all the credit in the world fam, you watch waaaay more college hoops than I do

Who ya lookin at in this years draft?

I want a sleeper from you like Ibaka

:)

pacer4ever
05-04-2011, 12:16 PM
I give you all the credit in the world fam, you watch waaaay more college hoops than I do

Who ya lookin at in this years draft?

I want a sleeper from you like Ibaka

:)
The guy i think will be the best player in this draft is Kyrie Irving he will be special in the NBA.

This year to me is all about who slips and drafting for value. If one of these 3 slip Alec Burks,Kawhi Leonard or Terrence Jones I say we take them even though we have a lot of wings. My favorite player in the draft who I think will be a very good Center in 5 years is Jonas Valanciunas. The guy is a monster down low. If it wasnt for foul trouble and being a bit raw he might be the best player in the draft. Some of the guys that I like the best in this draft will most likley be gone by the time we pick like Bismack Biyombo and Valanciunas so for me right now it is a wait and see who is avalible when we pick.

Most of the guys who will be there for sure are project players that will take time to devlope. My favorite would be Nikola Mirotic. I saw him play in a playoff game for real madrid guy is very skilled. He made a few passes that would make Vlade Divac proud. He is a major project though he needs to add weight and is pretty raw he was very good in the PnR the game i watched. He will take a few years to learn the NBA game. He will proably also not be drafted by us he has a major contract with real madrid that goes though 2016 which would cost a nice chunk of change for a buyout.

Klay Thomsen is a guy I have watched the most he reminds me of Rip Hamtilon and Mike Dunleavy very good shooter. I think Klay will make a decent pro and love all he does on the court with lack of athetic abality that elite wings have. He has some Reggie in him was a fun player to watch this season.

EDIT: I also wouldnt be oppose and actually perfer to trading the pick for a future 1st rounder. Much like OKC did last year when they traded Eric Bledsoe to the clippers on draft night for a pick. As long as it is a team that shouldnt make the playoffs. Nexts years draft looks like it will be crazy deep.

Ask me after the combine and a week or two before the draft and I will have a better feel of where everyone will go. I mean a lot of things will change between now and the draft.

I am about to start a class at sports managment worldwide here is a link http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide.com/courses/basketball-scouting

Just something to put on my resume and to help me learn about the business of b ball. After I get my Business Mangmt. degree in a few years I am gonna try to get a job in the NBA.

90'sNBARocked
05-04-2011, 01:20 PM
The guy i think will be the best player in this draft is Kyrie Irving he will be special in the NBA.

This year to me is all about who slips and drafting for value. If one of these 3 slip Alec Burks,Kawhi Leonard or Terrence Jones I say we take them even though we have a lot of wings. My favorite player in the draft who I think will be a very good Center in 5 years is Jonas Valanciunas. The guy is a monster down low. If it wasnt for foul trouble and being a bit raw he might be the best player in the draft. Some of the guys that I like the best in this draft will most likley be gone by the time we pick like Bismack Biyombo and Valanciunas so for me right now it is a wait and see who is avalible when we pick.

Most of the guys who will be there for sure are project players that will take time to devlope. My favorite would be Nikola Mirotic. I saw him play in a playoff game for real madrid guy is very skilled. He made a few passes that would make Vlade Divac proud. He is a major project though he needs to add weight and is pretty raw he was very good in the PnR the game i watched. He will take a few years to learn the NBA game. He will proably also not be drafted by us he has a major contract with real madrid that goes though 2016 which would cost a nice chunk of change for a buyout.

EDIT: I also wouldnt be oppose and actually perfer to trading the pick for a future 1st rounder. Much like OKC did last year when they traded Eric Bledsoe to the clippers on draft night for a pick. As long as it is a team that shouldnt make the playoffs. Nexts years draft looks like it will be crazy deep.

Ask me after the combine and a week or two before the draft and I will have a better feel of where everyone will go. I mean a lot of things will change between now and the draft.

I am about to start a class at sports managment worldwide here is a link http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide.com/courses/basketball-scouting

Just something to put on my resume and to help me learn about the business of b ball. After I get my Business Mangmt. degree in a few years I am gonna try to get a job in the NBA.

Ever thought about becoming an A.T.C. ?

pacer4ever
05-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Ever thought about becoming an A.T.C. ?

what does ATC stand for???

Sandman21
05-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Lance is probably the dumbest pick in franchise history.
George McCloud at 9th in 1989 over Tim Hardaway and Shawn Kemp.