PDA

View Full Version : the general public on the NBA

pacers_heath
05-02-2011, 05:21 PM
"The NBA is soft these days."

5 minutes later...

"The NBA is nothing but a bunch of thugs and the physical play is ruining the game."

:confused:

DocHolliday
05-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Crooked refs, backed by David Stern, have made many an NBA game a travashamockery.

Trophy
05-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Whoever said this must not be following the league that well and I don't know if I can believe anyone even said this since there's no link or reference.

pacers_heath
05-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Whoever said this must not be following the league that well and I don't know if I can believe anyone even said this since there's no link or reference.

not any one person in particular, but I hear completely conflicting viewpoints on what's "wrong" with the NBA in general and people just seem to have no clue. they either see what they want to see or repeat things they hear.

btw this isn't meant to be factual i'm just making fun of how hypocritcal people can be

Trophy
05-02-2011, 05:50 PM
not any one person in particular, but I hear completely conflicting viewpoints on what's "wrong" with the NBA in general and people just seem to have no clue. they either see what they want to see or repeat things they hear.

btw this isn't meant to be factual i'm just making fun of how hypocritcal people can be

Personally, I think the NBA is a lot better than it used to be. We, the Pacers had players who were labeled "thugs" 5 years ago. Honestly, you don't see the off the court issues anymore in this league and no major fights. When we separated these players from the Pacers, they all seemed to grow up and behave. Same goes for other teams who have rebuilt/players matured.

As far as on the court exhanges of words and shoving, this is all part of the playoffs. It's better the refs are letting guys play the game instead of blowing the whistle as much.

pacers_heath
05-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Personally, I think the NBA is a lot better than it used to be. We, the Pacers had players who were labeled "thugs" 5 years ago. Honestly, you don't see the off the court issues anymore in this league and no major fights. When we separated these players from the Pacers, they all seemed to grow up and behave. Same goes for other teams who have rebuilt/players matured.

As far as on the court exhanges of words and shoving, this is all part of the playoffs. It's better the refs are letting guys play the game instead of blowing the whistle as much.

oh i completely agree. it seems to me the league was very much finess until the 90's and it got really physical. after Jordan retired it got kind of watered down and the points were down so they started changing rules to get the numbers back up.

people who say things like this clearly don't watch the NBA but it just annoys me when I hear obviously dumb and conflicting stereotypes.

The physical play of the Pacers/Bulls made it very exciting for me personally

oxxo
05-02-2011, 06:27 PM
The general public seems to be a lot whinier nowadays. It's sickening to see how people complain about anything and everything... especially on the anonymous internet.

Sparhawk
05-02-2011, 07:13 PM
For me, it's the constant complaining (or whining) on calls that get really annoying. The refs blowing a lot of calls bothers me too. Not sure if it's a case of technology allowing replays and stuff or the refs have really gotten worse. Those are the 2 things that bother me the most.

Edit: To oxxo's point, I do agree. It seems that the fans are more involved with their team of choice and it's a double edged sword. Even after 1 game, you'll have people yelling for a trade or changes to be made instead of seeing things as a whole. It's becoming more difficult to just enjoy a game anymore, but that's what I strive to do. I don't take wins or losses personally and just try to enjoy things. It's hard not to feed off of other people too. Loads of fans get angry, and you find yourself following suit. Not sure what can be done about it. Just have to have someone send a gut check post every once in awhile when things seem to be hitting a tipping point.

Also, I blame Fantasy leagues for most of it.

Ransom
05-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Sort of the way you here the Pacers are thugs and full of milk drinking no talent white guys depending who you talk to. Everybody's got a complaint.

HC
05-03-2011, 08:12 AM
I actually remember the game being much more physical in the past than it is today. Most of today's superstars with their incessant whining would not have made the cut in Larry Bird's NBA.