PDA

View Full Version : NBA mandates metal detectors for the playoffs

Basketball Fan
05-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Sad it has to come to this

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6465985&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

NBA mandates metal detectors
CHICAGO -- In the aftermath of the death of Osama bin Laden, the Chicago Bulls will use metal detectors to screen all patrons entering the United Center before Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinal against the Atlanta Hawks on Monday.

The NBA issued the mandate for the conference semifinals and all subsequent playoff games.

Chicago's other sporting event on Monday night will also have enhanced security. White Sox security staff will be on alert when the team's series concludes with the Baltimore Orioles.

Psyren
05-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Why is it sad that it's come to this?

It's just extra security. I don't see the problem. At least people aren't being felt up like at airports.

BillS
05-02-2011, 02:36 PM
At least people aren't being felt up like at airports.

Yet.

Basketball Fan
05-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Why is it sad that it's come to this?

It's just extra security. I don't see the problem. At least people aren't being felt up like at airports.

True but just going to a basketball game can't be a simple joy anymore I don't know why it surprises me but for some reason it does.

Hicks
05-02-2011, 02:56 PM
It's probably for the best and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

I go to a lot of games at Conseco, and let's just say if someone felt like being a nutball, it wouldn't be that hard to get something nasty into the arena.

naptownmenace
05-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I read this and my initial thought was, "Wait! You mean to tell me they didn't already have metal detectors in place?"

KingGeorge
05-02-2011, 03:13 PM
It's probably for the best and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

I go to a lot of games at Conseco, and let's just say if someone felt like being a nutball, it wouldn't be that hard to get something nasty into the arena.

I agree. There are many times I just take the stuff out of my pockets and they just let me walk through.

We probably shouldn't have anything to worry about at Pacer games, but after what happened with the Clippers this year, it is better to be safe than sorry.