PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NBA Playoffs: (4) Oklahoma City vs. (8) Memphis

Pages : [1] 2

Kstat
04-30-2011, 01:40 PM
This series should be better than people think. Memphis is a very unique team, and they have a slew of tough defenders to throw at Durant and Westbrook.

Prediction: OKC in 7

Shade
04-30-2011, 01:54 PM
I think both teams match up pretty evenly but, in the end, OKC has more talent.

Thunder in 7.

Major Cold
04-30-2011, 02:34 PM
thunder in 5

KD turns it up.

IUfan4life
04-30-2011, 02:41 PM
The Grizz won the season series 3-1. That said, I'm not betting against the Thunder. Thunder is 6

Sollozzo
04-30-2011, 02:46 PM
As DC mentioned in another thread, it's cool that one of these teams will be in the WCF's. Times are definitely a changin.

Grizzlies will give them all they have, but the home court ultimately leads OKC to prevail in game 7.

D-BONE
04-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Two fun squads to watch, IMO. Think it will be a very competitive series. Hard to imagine the 8 seed pulling another upset to get to the WCF.

What the heck, I'll take Memphis in six.

Sparhawk
04-30-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm rooting for OKC to win it all.

Shade
04-30-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm rooting for OKC to win it all.

I'll take OKC, Memphis, or, hell, even Dallas. Anyone but the Lakers.

Sparhawk
04-30-2011, 10:01 PM

Ha, I can agree with that.

PR07
04-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Thunder in 6.

vnzla81
04-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Memphis in 7

ECKrueger
05-01-2011, 02:51 AM

Thank you! I want the Thunder to win it all at this point any way, but I definitely don't want the Grizz to win because I don't think they could stop the Lakers like OKC could.

Unclebuck
05-01-2011, 07:11 AM
The Grizzlies are at a huge disadvantage in game #1, having less than 40 hours between an extremely emotional win and this game, is almost impossible. And I am a big believer in whoever wins game #1 wins the series - if the teams are close to even

shags
05-01-2011, 09:40 AM
The Grizzlies are at a huge disadvantage in game #1, having less than 40 hours between an extremely emotional win and this game, is almost impossible. And I am a big believer in whoever wins game #1 wins the series - if the teams are close to even

Scheduling losses happen in the playoffs. The Grizzlies could have avoided this by closing out Game 5 when they had the chance.

I like the Thunder in 6. They've got more options than San Antonio to slow down Randolph & Gasol (look for Nick Collison to have a big role in this series). The Westbrook - Conley matchup shoud be interesting. But I like Durant as a closer over Randolph.

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 11:23 AM
I don't know if OKC has anybody that can stop Zbo.

Sollozzo
05-01-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't know if OKC has anybody that can stop Zbo.

Does Memphis have anyone that can stop Durant?

immortality
05-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Does Memphis have anyone that can stop Durant?

Battier and Tony Allen can tickle him here and there,

KingGeorge
05-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Sonics in 6.

Unclebuck
05-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Grizzlies look great so far, don't see tired or hung over so far. Figure it will probably catch up with them eventually. But as I was saying during the spurs series, the Griz are really good, Thunder might win this series but they will ned the home court advantage and a few breaks to do so

Sollozzo
05-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Sonics in 6.

Sonics fans have to be sick to their stomach at the thought that this team will be contending for the Finals year after year for a looooooong time.

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Memphis is doing whatever they want to do to OKC.

hoosierguy
05-01-2011, 01:58 PM
How can anyone root for the Thunder and Clay Bennett?

Yes, the Grizzlies moved from Vancouver but they were an expansion team that was never supported, unlike the Sonics in Seattle.

shags
05-01-2011, 02:01 PM

Yes, the Grizzlies moved from Vancouver but they were an expansion team that was never supported, unlike the Sonics in Seattle.

Because it's not Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka, and the rest of their likable players fault that their owner's a jerk.

itzryan07
05-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Man Zach Randolph is such a beast. I shoulda put my prediction earlier, picked Memphis not sure what game though

Sollozzo
05-01-2011, 02:04 PM

Because people care infinitely more about players than they do owners. Durant, Westbrook, and the rest of that squad are very likable. To the average fan watching, they are going to trump the owner by leaps and bounds.

Just because the owner is a jerk and Seattle got screwed doesn't mean that the team isn't likable. And the Oklahoma fans are great too. Regardless of how they got the team, it's cool to see a city that never had pro sports all of the sudden have an awesome team to root for. And they deserve it with the way they supported the Hornets for those two years.

Hoop
05-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Memphis is fun to watch.

Thoreau87
05-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Westbrook is getting more bad foul calls then Rose.

I guess anything is possible.

Trophy
05-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I've watched Memphis a lot this season and knew they were good, but they are playing way better than they did during the season.

The fact that they're doing this without Rudy Gay is pretty amazing. They are going to be a really solid team once he's back.

I like both teams. They are both very likable, but I'm going with Memphis to root for.

hoosierguy
05-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Because people care infinitely more about players than they do owners. Durant, Westbrook, and the rest of that squad are very likable. To the average fan watching, they are going to trump the owner by leaps and bounds.

Just because the owner is a jerk and Seattle got screwed doesn't mean that the team isn't likable. And the Oklahoma fans are great too. Regardless of how they got the team, it's cool to see a city that never had pro sports all of the sudden have an awesome team to root for. And they deserve it with the way they supported the Hornets for those two years.

OKC was a minor league cowtown desperate to taste major professional sports. Of course they were going to support the Hornets. Big deal. Any comparably sized city was going to do the same.

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Man I wonder if instead of trading our 1st for Mayo we do it for Greivis Vasquez, he is becoming a nice player.

Pingu
05-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Not sure why Westbrook is taking more shots than Durant down the stretch...

CableKC
05-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Wow....Grizzlies are way better then anyone one thought.

That move for Battier was pure brilliance.

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 03:17 PM
This is either KD's or Zbo's time.

Pingu
05-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Memphis playing really well offensively.

hoosierguy
05-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Memphis playing really well offensively.

They are feeling the pressure down the stretch though.

Gasol is eveeything you want in a center. I hope the Pacers make a run at him.

It is amazing how well Memphis has played despite Gay being injured.

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 03:24 PM
WOW

hoosierguy
05-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Ibaka has made some dumb fouls to bail Memphis out.

hoosierguy
05-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Westbrook is a bit of a diva.

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 03:30 PM
The crazy part about Memphis is that next year they are going to still have Xavier Henry and Rudy gay :eek:

ballism
05-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Give them Nash instead of Westbrook, they are better mentally and have better offense. And it's not like Westbrook is a good defender despite those amazing measurements.

I'm not even talking about Chris Paul or Rose or D-Will.

righteouscool
05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Haha, Mike Conley was 2 feet from Westbrook. Ridiculous foul call.

shags
05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
The crazy part about Memphis is that next year they are going to still have Xavier Henry and Rudy gay :eek:

I think they don't re-sign Battier and trade Mayo to whatever team will give them the best 1st round pick (without receiving a player back).

As long as there's restricted free agency in the next CBA, I don't think any team could make an offer for Marc Gasol that Memphis wouldn't match.

Trophy
05-01-2011, 03:37 PM
The Grizzlies are pretty amazing.

Lionel Hollins is the real COY, IMO.

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Give them Nash instead of Westbrook, they are better mentally and have better offense. And it's not like Westbrook is a good defender despite those amazing measurements.

Yep Westbrook's offense makes people overlook his defense, the same thing could be say about Rose and Monta.

Frostwolf
05-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Westbrook is a bit of a diva.

usually happens when you start getting called a star too early.

but man, z-bo is an absolute monster in the memphis system.

Justin Tyme
05-01-2011, 04:20 PM
The fact that they're doing this without Rudy Gay is pretty amazing. They are going to be a really solid team once he's back.

You would hope so, but it could have a reverse affect instead.

imawhat
05-01-2011, 04:26 PM

Westbrook is, by far, the best point guard defender in the league. He's probably the best guard defender in the league too.

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Westbrook is, by far, the best point guard defender in the league. He's probably the best guard defender in the league too.

Better than Rondo? I don't think so. I think you are overrating his defense big time.

ballism
05-01-2011, 04:38 PM

He's not even the best guard defender in Thunder starting lineup.
Westbrook is very very average defensively. He has the body to be a great defender, but he's not.

DemonHunter1105
05-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Man I wonder if instead of trading our 1st for Mayo we do it for Greivis Vasquez, he is becoming a nice player.

I think I would throw up if this happened. Actually, I can taste it now just thinking about it.

edc
05-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Mike Conley is really good at point. I think he is not getting credit from the media.

It cannot be all zach randolph.

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Mike Conley is really good at point. I think he is not getting credit from the media.

Mike Conley is doing an OK job, the second best player in Memphis is Gasol.

ballism
05-01-2011, 05:02 PM

Conley is solid. Their depth is great too. But Marc Gasol is simply spectacular. It's like he stole Andrew Bogut's mojo. He's been every bit as good as Z-Bo in these playoffs.

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I think I would throw up if this happened. Actually, I can taste it now just thinking about it.

A 15th pick in this coming draft isn't worth s***, I am sorry but this comment sounds ignorant to me, go ahead and compare his numbers to those of Mayo for the same amount of minutes and they are pretty close, not only that but Vasquez is a rookie when Mayo is a 3 years veteran. :twocents:

IUfan4life
05-01-2011, 05:59 PM
The Grizzlies are pretty amazing.

Lionel Hollins is the real COY, IMO.

COY is a regular season award. He is in no way shape or form the COY.

idioteque
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Gotta give credit where it is due to Zbo, I thought he was toast when he went to Memphis, instead he is playing like an absolute superstar and there's no telling how far the Grizzlies will make it this postseason.

DemonHunter1105
05-01-2011, 06:18 PM
A 15th pick in this coming draft isn't worth s***, I am sorry but this comment sounds ignorant to me, go ahead and compare his numbers to those of Mayo for the same amount of minutes and they are pretty close, not only that but Vasquez is a rookie when Mayo is a 3 years veteran. :twocents:

Wow, I know you have a man-crush on him so there is no point in denying it. He may be a good player one day, but I will take my chances with a 1st round pick or Mayo instead.

PacerPenguins
05-01-2011, 09:27 PM
COY is a regular season award. He is in no way shape or form the COY.

ummm y?

he lead his team to the playoffs after missing it fir a couple of years...and rudy gay was hurt for the last month.....10 games above .500....hes a perfect candidate.

15th parallel
05-01-2011, 09:33 PM
ummm y?

he lead his team to the playoffs after missing it fir a couple of years...and rudy gay was hurt for the last month.....10 games above .500....hes a perfect candidate.

It is a regular season award. If COY is based on playoff performance of the team then Hollins deserves consideration. But COY is based on regular season performance of the team so Thibs deserves the award.

Will Galen
05-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Sonics fans have to be sick to their stomach at the thought that this team will be contending for the Finals year after year for a looooooong time.

The same was said of the Blazers a few years ago. They never made it. Cleveland looked that way too. Look at them now.

Will Galen
05-01-2011, 10:31 PM
It is a regular season award. If COY is based on playoff performance of the team then Hollins deserves consideration. But COY is based on regular season performance of the team so Thibs deserves the award.

Vogel got a vote for coach of the year.

15th parallel
05-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Vogel got a vote for coach of the year.

Well, he had a winning record in the regular season with 20-18, plus he made the Pacers advance to the playoffs after a long drought. That fact alone gives him some consideration for COY. Same is also true for Hollins.

Not that I diminish Hollins' efforts to be considered a strong COY candidate, but Tom really deserved the award for vastly improving the Bulls record-wise in the regular season.

Sollozzo
05-01-2011, 10:56 PM
The same was said of the Blazers a few years ago. They never made it. Cleveland looked that way too. Look at them now.

Well Cleveland flamed out because Lebron left. Durant and Westbrook aren't going anywhere. And Portland never had two players as talented as Durant and Westbrook.

AesopRockOn
05-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Anybody think Z-Bo has the title for best PF in the game right now, at least for a little bit?

Lou Bega
05-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Everybody was talking about the Perkins trade @ the deadline nobody was mentioning the Batier deal. Batier w/ Tony Allen gives Memphis a great defensive tandom. Z Bo > JO in their prime. D Arthur has leaped in talent this year.

O J Mayo can play. He would have helped the Pacers in the series against Chicago. Him and PG would have been fun to watch on the court. I think the deal is dead. We have already heard about it happening.

plutarch
05-02-2011, 12:05 PM
He's not even the best guard defender in Thunder starting lineup.
Westbrook is very very average defensively. He has the body to be a great defender, but he's not.

westbrook is going to cost okc the series with the way he plays, he thinks he is d rose, bad shot after bad shot

Unclebuck
05-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Many believe that small market teams cannot get good ratings especially if they are playing each other.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.net/2011/05/nba-playoffs-70-overnight-for.html#more

Earlier in the day, Game 1 between the Grizzlies and Thunder earned a 4.1 overnight rating, up 52% from last year (MIL/ATL G7: 2.7), and up 24% from 2009 (MIA/ATL G7: 3.3).

Grizzlies/Thunder actually drew a higher overnight than Heat/76ers Game 4 in the same timeslot a week earlier (4.0).

Keep in mind the Grizzlies/Thunder series features the second-and-third smallest TV markets in the NBA, Memphis (#48) and Oklahoma City (#45).

Trader Joe
05-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Memphis and OKC also makes everyone on here that says we can't compete in this NBA because of our city size look silly.

Hicks
05-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Memphis and OKC also makes everyone on here that says we can't compete in this NBA because of our city size look silly.

Jumping the gun with Memphis. Let's see how they look not just in two weeks, but two years, before we declare them the next "See? Look at them!"

As for OKC, it does not apply. Why? Two words: Kevin Durant. Unless Paul George becomes similarly talented, no one like that is walking through our doors.

A few years ago, everyone was drooling over this super bright future Portland had, too.

BillS
05-03-2011, 06:27 PM
A hyped star trumps market size, which is why teams that win the lottery (see: Cleveland) become relevant until something happens (see: The Decision).

No one ever said market size was a buzzkill for any possible positive. The issue is that the only way a small market can compete or get attention is if they get the hype via a marquee player.

Trader Joe
05-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Jumping the gun with Memphis. Let's see how they look not just in two weeks, but two years, before we declare them the next "See? Look at them!"

As for OKC, it does not apply. Why? Two words: Kevin Durant. Unless Paul George becomes similarly talented, no one like that is walking through our doors.

A few years ago, everyone was drooling over this super bright future Portland had, too.

Yeah damn Oklahoma City for drafting correctly...we could never do that.

Hicks
05-03-2011, 09:51 PM

:laugh: Yeah, because that's exactly what I meant.

pacer4ever
05-03-2011, 10:10 PM

their 2 stars were top 5 picks they rebulit the right way. Unlike someone.

wintermute
05-03-2011, 10:12 PM

Sure, we've competed before and it's likely that we'll compete again in the future.

Doesn't mean that big markets don't have some very significant advantages over small markets though.

wintermute
05-03-2011, 10:21 PM
their 2 stars were top 5 picks they rebulit the right way. Unlike someone.

How do you explain Memphis though? No one would have called their way of rebuilding "the right way" before this year.

I could also come up with several counter examples where teams with several top 5 picks have failed.

To be honest I think there's a lot of luck involved in building a team. Following the tried and true formula doesn't always give the expected result. But once in a while someone's mad experiment actually works. Heck, a couple of years back everyone thought Danny Ainge was crazy too.

ECKrueger
05-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I like that Memphis gets an alley-oop and it gets loud in there. With boos. Not cheers. It's as if the arena is filled only with OKC fans.

pacer4ever
05-03-2011, 10:28 PM
How do you explain Memphis though? No one would have called their way of rebuilding "the right way" before this year.

I could also come up with several counter examples where teams with several top 5 picks have failed.

To be honest I think there's a lot of luck involved in building a team. Following the tried and true formula doesn't always give the expected result. But once in a while someone's mad experiment actually works. Heck, a couple of years back everyone thought Danny Ainge was crazy too.

They have rebulit the right way some may say they failed with the Tabeet pick and Mayo but they were top 5 talent( the Tabeet pick was what really hurt). But they got under the cap as fast as possible when they traded Pau Gasol and rebulit. I am simply saying you have to actually rebulid. You cant do trades like Murphleavy and try to ride the sinking ship. You need talent and small market teams like OKC, Memphis, Pacers and the Spurs have to do it though the draft and smart trades like the Grizz did getting Randolph for almost nothing and the Pacers with Murphy for Collison. You cant do what we have done the past 5 yrs during are so called "rebuliding process" "3 yr plan" and expect to ever be a top 5 team in the NBA.

Pingu
05-03-2011, 10:34 PM
The battle inside is epic. Really fun to watch.

cdash
05-03-2011, 11:51 PM
This is my favorite series to watch in the second round. Yes, I am more entertained by this series than the much bally-hooed Heat/Celtics collision. Young teams on the rise, fun to watch.

vnzla81
05-03-2011, 11:52 PM
This is my favorite series to watch in the second round. Yes, I am more entertained by this series than the much bally-hooed Heat/Celtics collision. Young teams on the rise, fun to watch.

Yeah that other series is just boring and not fun to watch.

xBulletproof
05-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Hey Zach, this is how you play when your head gets too big to fit through the door.

vnzla81
05-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Now we have a game.

cdash
05-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Yeah that other series is just boring and not fun to watch.

It's been really disappointing so far. I hope the Celtics can come back and win the next two, but so far it hasn't been close. Never did I think Boston was going to win either of these first two games.

Kemo
05-04-2011, 03:55 AM
LOL. does anyone else, besides me, think that Z-Bo resembles "Eddie Winslow"??

http://cdn-images.hollywood.com/cms/294x255/5658275.jpg

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2007/06/28/previews/Darius%20McCrary-SPX-009492.jpg

vs.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XRWGSv9Oy3k/R4VueK4zqII/AAAAAAAAAGo/PTZZ6DXSDJY/s320/zach_randolph.jpg

LOL

Constellations
05-04-2011, 03:57 AM
LOL. does anyone else, besides me, think that Z-Bo resembles "Eddie Winslow"?? LOL

A little.

Shade
05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Westbrook has gone into "me" mode and the Thunder have blown a 16-point second half lead.

Memphis by 1.

pwee31
05-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Good game going on right now.

Oj Mayo is better than a lot of folks give him credit for. A little undersized for a SG, but has handles, can create on shot, knock down open J, and is a pretty good passer.

Griz might decide to keep him.

Shade
05-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Westbrook is a major ballhog. Reminds me of Tinsley vs. Phoenix.

PacerPenguins
05-07-2011, 07:42 PM
wow memphis has a chance at the game winning shot....westbrook is truly a ballhog

pwee31
05-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Westbrook is a major ballhog. Reminds me of Tinsley vs. Phoenix.

Yeah he has definitely become one. Sometimes breaking out can be a bad thing, when you already have a star to go to.

Westbrook has improved a great deal, but needs to remember his place.

Shade
05-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Overtime.

LA_Confidential
05-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Westbrook isnt a ballhog. IMO he's as good as Rose is. The problem with OKC is that they dont have a low post scorer. If OKC has any cap room this summer i'd expect them to go after one. Perhaps David West.

Shade
05-07-2011, 07:49 PM
If I didn't know better, I'd swear the Thunder were throwing this game.

Shade
05-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Terrible call on Perkins.

Shade
05-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Westbrook isnt a ballhog. IMO he's as good as Rose is. The problem with OKC is that they dont have a low post scorer. If OKC has any cap room this summer i'd expect them to go after one. Perhaps David West.

You must not be watching this game.

Shade
05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
OKC's stars are costing them this game.

LA_Confidential
05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
You must not be watching this game.

Durant was is shooting terribly in the 4th and Scott Brooks took Hardin off the floor for Thabo. This doesnt make Westbrook a ball hog, he's just the only guy on the court that could do anything.

LA_Confidential
05-07-2011, 07:56 PM
OKC's stars are costing them this game.

No, the Grizzlies are just being relentless.

Shade
05-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Durant was is shooting terribly in the 4th and Scott Brooks took Hardin off the floor for Thabo. This doesnt make Westbrook a ball hog, he's just the only guy on the court that could do anything.

Except...he didn't do anything.

It was pretty blatant ball-hogging.

Shade
05-07-2011, 08:01 PM
No, the Grizzlies are just being relentless.

The Grizzlies' defense sealed the deal, but OKC's collapse put Memphis in position to finish them off.

Constellations
05-07-2011, 08:08 PM
They lost this game when they went 8 minutes in the 4th without a basket.

Scot Pollard
05-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Well the Grizzlies never have to worry about low attendance anymore.

This is such a great group of guys. They resemble the true way of playing basketball. They're a very blue collar team.

Hats off to them. This is incredible and I won't be surprised to see them go on to the Western Conference Finals.

itzryan07
05-07-2011, 08:41 PM
OJ MAYO! difference maker in this game

granger4mvp
05-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Westbrook reminded me of tinsley out there when we played the suns a few years ago

lilojmayo
05-07-2011, 09:12 PM
:dance:

Unclebuck
05-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I still don't know who I want in this series. Just hope it goes 7

SycamoreKen
05-07-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm rooting for the winner of this series to win it all. I'm leaning slightly towards Memphis, but OKC would be sweet as well. I think either team can beat Dallas or the Lakers.

Trophy
05-07-2011, 10:46 PM
The league is definitely changing and who would've thought the Grizzlies would be contenders in their first season in the playoffs since 2006.

We're getting there, but we need to be wise with this cap space and take some risks that will make us contenders again.

I've watched Memphis pretty much all year and have been impressed, but I'll admit, the way they are playing now is so much different than what they played during the season.

xBulletproof
05-08-2011, 01:10 AM

Westbrook as good as Rose. Uh, no. Not even close. Westbrook struggles to make jump shots and struggles around the rim to get shots to fall. Rose doesn't have those problems. Rose also doesn't have a player anywhere near as good as Durant to pass to. Rose ballhogging is much more acceptable than Westbrook, because Rose is a much better offensive player and the best player on his team.

HoopDreams
05-08-2011, 05:40 AM
go grizz

Justin Tyme
05-08-2011, 10:39 AM
OJ MAYO! difference maker in this game

6-18 at 33% is difference maker??

Hicks
05-08-2011, 12:39 PM
6-18 at 33% is difference maker??

It is when you're Derrick Rose. ;)

Sollozzo
05-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Zach Randolph is a top 3 player this postseason. Incredible.

lilojmayo
05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Zach Randolph is a top 3 player this postseason. Incredible.

this

Lou Bega
05-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Zach Randolph is the best professional basketball player from Indiana since Larry Bird. He trumps Glenn Robinson, Bonzi Wells, & Sean Kemp.

ballism
05-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Zach Randolph is the best professional basketball player from Indiana since Larry Bird. He trumps Glenn Robinson, Bonzi Wells, & Sean Kemp.

I wouldn't put him past Shawn Kemp quite yet.

Lou Bega
05-09-2011, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't put him past Shawn Kemp quite yet.

Yes, I do. Zack Randolph has played at a higher level longer.it Kemp gets hated on for his stint with Cleveland. He did take them to the playoffs. I Remember Mark Jackson posting up Brandon Knight in that '98 series.

ballism
05-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Yes, I do. Zack Randolph has played at a higher level longer.it Kemp gets hated on for his stint with Cleveland. He did take them to the playoffs. I Remember Mark Jackson posting up Brandon Knight in that '98 series.

Longer at a higher level? Wow.
You obviously have a very different perception of Z-Bo's game before the Memphis stint than I do.
Other than this year - and maybe last year - I wouldn't put any Z-Bo season on par with Kemp ~93-97.

vnzla81
05-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Memphis is looking good today

vnzla81
05-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Nice pass by Vasquez, bad hands by Arthur :devil:

ECKrueger
05-10-2011, 12:11 AM
There we go Thunder. I like how Harden is in control rather than Westbrook down the stretch.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Is anybody listening to the audio league pass of this game currently? If so please give me the link, I'm trying to listen to it but since it's 5/10/11 now it won't give me the option to select it. Thank You!

itzryan07
05-10-2011, 12:20 AM
OJ! OJ! OJ!

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Damn Westbrook

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Yep game over, OKC wanted this game more.

itzryan07
05-10-2011, 12:27 AM
look at what Mayo did. Grizz struggling and Mayo come in and they go on a 7-0 run. Now within 3. Stop under rating Mayo!

Constellations
05-10-2011, 12:30 AM
look at what Mayo did. Grizz struggling and Mayo come in and they go on a 7-0 run. Now within 3. Stop under rating Mayo!

I wouldn't call it under rating his playing production, I'd leave it at his off-the-court production.

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Perkins playing for OKC instead of Boston shows how overrated he was.

Hicks
05-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Terrible shot selection by Mayo.

Hicks
05-10-2011, 12:33 AM
CONLEY FOR THREE! WOW!!!

vnzla81
What a shot

Hicks
Perkins playing for OKC instead of Boston shows how overrated he was.

Nothing he could do in OKC would make his time in Boston overrated.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Wow. What a money ball from Conley.

Hicks
05-10-2011, 12:34 AM
What song is playing in the arena right now? It's definitely not what we always seem to hear at Conseco, and I like it.

immortality
05-10-2011, 12:35 AM
WOW CONLEY

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Nice overtime yeahhh

Haywoode Workman
05-10-2011, 12:36 AM
What song is playing in the arena right now? It's definitely not what we always seem to hear at Conseco, and I like it.

lol what? the final countdown, you've never heard that?

wowzers what a shot

Hicks
05-10-2011, 12:37 AM
:laugh: No, not 'The Final Countdown'. You read my post while that was playing, but I submitted it while something else was playing after Mike hit that big 3.

Haywoode Workman
05-10-2011, 12:38 AM
haha my bad

Constellations
05-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Harden's beard laughs at Marc's.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Horrible blockout by Marc.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Durant from deep. Boom Baby!

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Damn

Constellations
05-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Mayo with a huge 3. Durant with a cold blooded J.

Ransom
05-10-2011, 12:49 AM
lol!

David Aldridge Twitter: THIS is how you get open at the end of a game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7wAeni4F7w

This is a great game.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Mayo is dirt ma gertin OKC.

Haywoode Workman
05-10-2011, 12:54 AM
oj mayo is killliiing. i would love to have him, he just needed to mature a little, and i think he has.

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 12:55 AM
There goes the chance for the Pacers to get Mayo.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 12:56 AM
BAD shot by Conley.

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Conley with an stupid shot WTF?

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:01 AM
NO WAY!. Vasquez! WHAT A GAME!

ECKrueger
Lucky as hell

Haywoode Workman
Conley with an stupid shot WTF?

idk, it looked like a shot he couldn't pass up to me?

vnzla81
Yeah that's my boy :dance:

Ransom
05-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Unreal!!

xBulletproof
Holy crap. I need to be up for work in 5 hours, someone win this damn thing. lol

vnzla81
idk, it looked like a shot he couldn't pass up to me?

17sec left on the clock, stupid shot.

Constellations
I want the Thunder to win, don't get me wrong, but that was exciting as hell to see him hit that shot.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Going to Double OT.

immortality
how did that shot go in, it was so ugly

CT Pacer
What an awesome game.

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Lucky as hell

He has done it before.

Constellations
how did that shot go in, it was so ugly

Not as ugly as Okafor's banker.

Ransom
Lol, David Aldrige's twitter is pretty funny.

http://twitter.com/#!/daldridgetnt

KingGeorge
05-10-2011, 01:05 AM
This is insane!

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:06 AM
This is insane!

What up KG.

Haywoode Workman
05-10-2011, 01:06 AM
damn i gotta work, is this on the radio at all?

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Good D right there

KingGeorge
05-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Z Bo will beat your *** Collison. Just go sit down.

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Damn, to bad Conley and Mayo are out.

KingGeorge
05-10-2011, 01:12 AM
I don't want this game to end. I will be fine with a couple more OT's :)

Ransom
05-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Strange that Memphis' offense looks more organized with two guards fouled out than OKC.

vnzla81
This game is amazing, it shows how deep Memphis is, their bench is good.

Constellations
I don't want this game to end. I will be fine with a couple more OT's :)

Agreed. I just love how this year playoff games that were so hyped up, turned out to be disappointing and the underdog games out shined them by a mile. For instance, erhm! erhm! Pacers/Bulls.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Wow. This game is just so un-predictable. Vasquez with the and 1.

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Vasquezzzzzzzzzz

KingGeorge
05-10-2011, 01:15 AM
All Vasquez does is make huge baskets.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Harden with a HUGE 3.

ndcoltsnpacers
05-10-2011, 01:16 AM
This is awesome!

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Damn this game is killing me, wow

Haywoode Workman
05-10-2011, 01:18 AM
damn i gotta work, is this on the radio at all?

anybody?

KingGeorge
Anybody else hoping for a Vasquez game winner?

CT Pacer
Durant should be touching the ball a lot more. He's almost invisible.

Constellations
This game makes the Suns @ Lakers triple OT game this season look like a push-over.

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Anybody else hoping for a Vasquez game winner?

Me :)

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:19 AM
anybody?

I don't think so since TNT is covering.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:21 AM
That was a huge hustle play/rebound from Collison. Wow.

Hicks
The refs have been letting Memphis shove like crazy and they're still not coming up with the stops/rebounds they need consistently.

Constellations
"Zombie Nation"

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:22 AM
Let's go Memphis :)

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Triple OT baby!

vnzla81
Another overtime yeahhhhhh

KingGeorge
The Thunder just can't close out games.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:24 AM
The Thunder just can't close out games.

Durant just isn't touching the ball. That's why.

immortality
05-10-2011, 01:27 AM
I don't know about you guys, but Harden looks like a better prospect than O.J. Mayo.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:27 AM
All in the beard.

cdash
05-10-2011, 01:29 AM
I don't know about you guys, but Harden looks like a better prospect than O.J. Mayo.

Now that is an interesting discussion. Much more interesting than Mayo vs. Gordon.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:29 AM
What a move from Russ.

immortality
05-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Now that is an interesting discussion. Much more interesting than Mayo vs. Gordon.

Just don't think we have any assets that OKC would want.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:32 AM
That's two lay-ups the Grizzlies have missed in this OT.

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:32 AM
Damn Zbo missed that shot there.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Ibaka! The Shot blocka!

cdash
Just don't think we have any assets that OKC would want.

Oh I don't care about trading for him--I don't expect that we could. At the same time, I don't think we have a prayer at getting Gordon either, yet people still talk about that all the time. I just think it's a good discussion.

vnzla81
Damn, game over again :D

Constellations
And that's why KD needs the ball in his hands in the closing seconds of a game.

KingGeorge
05-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Best game of the playoffs so far. I hate to see it end.

Constellations
KD with the dagger. Again. That's why he needs the ball to close a game out.

ECKrueger
KD is sick

Coop
Kevin Durant is just nasty. No one on Earth can stop that play right there.

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Memphis just couldn't do it anymore, they lost Mayo and Conley, great game.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:38 AM
I srsly just LOL'ed so bad at that Gasol 3. But this game coming to an end is sad.

KingGeorge
05-10-2011, 01:40 AM
If they went to a fourth OT, the Grizz would probably have to put Gay in. :laugh:

immortality
05-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Oh I don't care about trading for him--I don't expect that we could. At the same time, I don't think we have a prayer at getting Gordon either, yet people still talk about that all the time. I just think it's a good discussion.

People have the fascination that because Gordon is from Indiana he would want to play here.

Hoop
05-10-2011, 01:43 AM
What a game!

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:46 AM
People have the fascination that because Gordon is from Indiana he would want to play here.

So are you saying that he doesn't like Indiana beach? ......

Constellations
05-10-2011, 01:51 AM

I've said it once and I'll say it again. This statement, imo, is just stupid. His production in L.A. is remarkable. This is why I want him in Indiana. Yes he lives here, maybe he wants to play here, good for him. I want Eric because he's a great player. <---

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:59 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again. This statement, imo, is just stupid. His production in L.A. is remarkable. This is why I want him in Indiana. Yes he lives here, maybe he wants to play here, good for him. I want Eric because he's a great player. <---

Kobe is a great player, EJ is not.

Constellations
05-10-2011, 02:15 AM
Kobe is a great player, EJ is not.

Mavericks can sweep. The Lakers cannot. Oh my bad, did that not make sense?

Unclebuck
05-10-2011, 09:03 AM
So glad I stayed up until 1:45 to watch the whole game. Classic.

I was rooting for the Thunder maninly just because I wanted the tied at 2-2.

The Thunder's offense bugs me though. They are slow to get into their offense, they don't run Durant off enough screens. They need more ball movement. Harden is a lot better tan I realized. Westbrook and Durant are great offensive players, but they are still very young and need to grow together, they each get down on themselves.

Wished they had an extra day before the next game, the quality of play would be a lot better

Kegboy
05-10-2011, 11:01 AM
The Thunder's offense bugs me though.

Agreed.

Sollozzo
05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Remember when the Pau Gasol trade was once considered one of the most lopsided trades ever?

Well, that's not the case anymore obviously. Marc Gasol is a stud. That ended up being a very far trade. The Lakers got someone who could contribute to a championship run immediately and the Grizz got a stud who will help them for many years to come.

Zach Randolph is just incredible.

Jared Sullinger
05-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I was skeptical of Marc Gasol after his underwhelming regular season, but he's been tearing it up in the playoffs.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7630/unledljp.png

I'm at the point now where I'd be o.k. with us offering him a huge (say, 5/$65M) contract and daring Memphis to match.

15th parallel
05-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Remember when the Pau Gasol trade was once considered one of the most lopsided trades ever?

Well, that's not the case anymore obviously. Marc Gasol is a stud. That ended up being a very far trade. The Lakers got someone who could contribute to a championship run immediately and the Grizz got a stud who will help them for many years to come.

Zach Randolph is just incredible.

Maybe the Lakers are considering another Gasol-Gasol swap for another lopsided trade... ;)

Well it really looks good for Memphis right now, but until they can retain him long term and he can sustain or improve his play in the coming seasons, I still consider the trade a great advantage over the Lakers (won back-to-back championships and 3 straight finals appearance). Good, young teams from recent memory have a problem of sustaining success and blowing up their roster.

15th parallel
05-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I also root for the OKC. The problem I'm seeing with the OKC offense is that Westbrrok tends to be a black hole on offense and Durant not getting as much touches as he can. The shot disparity between Westbrook (a scoring PG but just average on jumpshooting) and Durant (the league's leading scorer) speaks for itself. I believe they would be a game ahead of the Grizzlies if Westbrook just helps Durant get good looks on offense rather than trying to shoot more and making less shots.

So glad I stayed up until 1:45 to watch the whole game. Classic.

I was rooting for the Thunder maninly just because I wanted the tied at 2-2.

The Thunder's offense bugs me though. They are slow to get into their offense, they don't run Durant off enough screens. They need more ball movement. Harden is a lot better tan I realized. Westbrook and Durant are great offensive players, but they are still very young and need to grow together, they each get down on themselves.

Wished they had an extra day before the next game, the quality of play would be a lot better

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Here is Greivis Vasquez shot yesterday

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xrgm6lTAvYY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PaceBalls
05-10-2011, 01:13 PM
This is my favorite series so far. I really like both of these teams, but some of you guys are right about the Thunder's offense. It is terrible. Westbrook and Durant do not mix well I think, but they are so talented they still win in spite of their offense. Or should I say in spite of Westbrook, who is pretty much their offense.

Westbrook seems to think the best way to play the PG position is to try to be like Derrick Rose and shoot 30+ shots, which is great if you are Derrick Rose and have a team like the Bulls, but when you got KD on the team... It is just frustrating to watch.

I want the Grizz to win the series, just because they play the right way, a team game, and of course, they have the whole underdog thing going on.

Unclebuck
05-10-2011, 01:15 PM
I also root for the OKC. The problem I'm seeing with the OKC offense is that Westbrrok tends to be a black hole on offense and Durant not getting as much touches as he can. The shot disparity between Westbrook (a scoring PG but just average on jumpshooting) and Durant (the league's leading scorer) speaks for itself. I believe they would be a game ahead of the Grizzlies if Westbrook just helps Durant get good looks on offense rather than trying to shoot more and making less shots.

I think it goes deeper than that. Look, I don't know the Thunder players as well as their coaching staff does, but if you notice they have very, very little movement off the ball, they seem to either go to Westbrook or Darant and they do that by giving them the ball and having them create, usually with a pick and roll.

I think they should run more motion, run Darant off screens more, run more misdirection, move Westbrook off the ball a little more often, but most of all please get the ball up and into the offense before there is 12 seconds left on the shot clock.

vnzla81
05-10-2011, 01:19 PM
I think OKC needs a real PG and should move Westbrook to the 2, maybe if they could get Nash that would do it.

cdash
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I think OKC needs a real PG and should move Westbrook to the 2, maybe if they could get Nash that would do it.

Westbrook needs the ball in his hands to be effective. The Thunder are fine with him at PG, but he needs to take better shots. There's also some inklings of alpha dog struggles with that team. It should be Durant, but Westbrook seems to think he is deserving as well. Could be some friction down the road there.

ilive4sports
05-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Westbrook needs the ball in his hands to be effective. The Thunder are fine with him at PG, but he needs to take better shots. There's also some inklings of alpha dog struggles with that team. It should be Durant, but Westbrook seems to think he is deserving as well. Could be some friction down the road there.

I definitely see some alpha dog struggles in OKC. Quite frankly, Westbrook shouldn't be the player taking the final shot of regulation or any overtime periods. It needs to be Durant. Even throughout the season there were times where Westbrook seemed more concerned about getting his, rather than the team playing well. He has some work to do as a point guard for sure.

vnzla81
05-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Yep Mayo is going to cost more than Mcbob and a 1st round pick now.

vnzla81
05-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Conley is making me mad with his shooting

vnzla81
05-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Zbo has been horrible today.

vnzla81
05-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Mike Conley is really making me mad today with his DC impersonation :mad:

immortality
05-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Kind of seems like Grizzlies are burned out after that triple overtime.

vnzla81
05-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah I think this game is over, great series and good year for Memphis.

edit: I forgot that the series was 2-2 :blush:

Constellations
05-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Anybody think Mayo kinda looks like a smaller Duncan?

Constellations
05-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Honestly, this is a huge disapointment compared to our EPIC Game 4.

KingGeorge
05-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Honestly, this is a huge disapointment compared to our EPIC Game 4.

It went from most exciting game to most boring game. :(

vnzla81
05-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Tony Allen is like DJ, good defensive player but makes somes stupid mistakes :shakehead

graphic-er
05-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Past 2 games Memphis just isn't hitting their close up shots. Their guards have been leaving those floaters short on the rim. Z-Bo not using the backboard as much. Just missing shots they normally make.

ECKrueger
05-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Wow, what a blowout!

vnzla81
05-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Mayo is starting today

pwee31
05-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Mayo is starting today

Slowly getting back in favor, or no better options?

vnzla81
05-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Slowly getting back in favor, or no better options?

The guy that was starting was sucking big time and Mayo is playing better.

pwee31
05-13-2011, 09:24 PM
The guy that was starting was sucking big time and Mayo is playing better.

I notice Mayo is guarding Westbrook instead of Conley.

A lot more intrigued if he can defend at a solid level

ECKrueger
05-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Mayo is starting because Young and Allen are both more defensive guys, and they want more spacing with Mayo.

vnzla81
05-13-2011, 09:38 PM
I notice Mayo is guarding Westbrook instead of Conley.

A lot more intrigued if he can defend at a solid level

He is a good defender.

Really?
05-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Mayo is starting because Young and Allen are both more defensive guys, and they want more spacing with Mayo.

Yeah... there seems to be something wrong with mayo's game, doesn't seem like he knows what to do when he gets the ball, haven't seen him make his own shot, instead of stretching the floor he has been taking it in, and when he takes it in seems like he has been missing layups...

Haven't decided if I would like him on the Pacer next year.

I will say that he is starting to make some smart passes though.

Maybe I am being over critical, hes D has been on point so far.

vnzla81
05-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Memphis is coming back.