PDA

View Full Version : CJ Watson tweets that Rose has won MVP (update: Thibodeau wins COTY, too)

Shade
04-30-2011, 08:45 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/quietstorm_32 (http://twitter.com/#%21/quietstorm_32)

Congrats to drose on winning the MVP he's played unbelievable this season!!! now just need tibs to win coach of the yr

Eleazar
04-30-2011, 09:40 AM
SURPRISE!!!!

oh what, nevermind.

pianoman
04-30-2011, 09:50 AM
CJ just needs to stop tweeting.

joew8302
04-30-2011, 06:14 PM
CJ just needs to stop tweeting.

Yeah, dumb tweet. Why would he give props to his teammate and praise his coach?

spreedom
05-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Ugh... the hype machine definitely caused the wrong guy to win this award. Again.

Robertmto
05-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Ugh... the hype machine definitely caused the wrong guy to win this award. Again.

i have grown so :censored: tired of reading this. WHO IN THE HELL DESERVED MVP IF NOT ROSE?????

Shade
05-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Rose deserved it this year.

xBulletproof
05-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I have no damn clue how anyone could have just watched our series against the Bulls, and not believed he is the league MVP this year.

aero
05-01-2011, 12:38 PM

Not sure what planet your on but down here on earth Rose wins the MVP lol

Kuq_e_Zi91
05-01-2011, 01:05 PM
I have no damn clue how anyone could have just watched our series against the Bulls, and not believed he is the league MVP this year.

He deserved the MVP this season, but I wouldn't point to that series to support his case. He lived at the free throw line, which skewed his points per game a little bit. His shooting percentages tell the real story. Overall, we did a pretty good job on him.

Scot Pollard
05-01-2011, 01:11 PM
He wishes he was Derrick Rose, but he's stuck being his useless backup.

He should've stayed with the Warriors. He actually got a lot of time.

Jared Sullinger
05-01-2011, 01:14 PM
I would've voted for Dwight Howard. 23 & 14, elite defense, near 60% from the field, 50+ win team.

Shade
05-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Looks like Watson got his wish RE: Thibodeau:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6460616

xBulletproof
05-01-2011, 02:18 PM
He deserved the MVP this season, but I wouldn't point to that series to support his case. He lived at the free throw line, which skewed his points per game a little bit. His shooting percentages tell the real story. Overall, we did a pretty good job on him.

Rose made or assisted on every important basket at the end of games. You can look at his shooting percentages or what not, but he is the reason they won games 1 and 2 when they shouldn't have. His presence with 4 fouls made all the difference in game 5 as well. Of their 4 wins, he was the sole reason for 3 of them. That's the real story, actually.

xBulletproof
05-01-2011, 02:20 PM
I would've voted for Dwight Howard. 23 & 14, elite defense, near 60% from the field, 50+ win team.

I would have a hard time voting for a guy who has to hide from the ball at the end of close games to avoid getting fouled and hurting his team.

Kid Minneapolis
05-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I would have a hard time voting for a guy who has to hide from the ball at the end of close games to avoid getting fouled and hurting his team.

So you would have never voted for Shaq? Hard to justify Shaq not deserving at least one MVP for that reason, lol... I think Howard is MVP material, too... maybe not this year because of the Rose hype machine, but I think Howard will get one soon. Rose is playing tremendous ball and put forth massive effort... I still don't agree with his style of play as conducive to playoff success, but the MVP is for the regular season, so in that respect, he was the best player this year.

Sookie
05-01-2011, 02:32 PM

I think that series proved though, how much Derrick Rose was worth to the Bulls.

And the Bulls had the best record in the league.

Really easy decision, IMO.

Stryder
05-01-2011, 02:37 PM

Free throws still count for points, don't they?

Pingu
05-01-2011, 02:52 PM
The MVP award is for regular season play only, as far as I know. So anything he did in the series with the Pacers should technically be irrelevant.

spreedom
05-02-2011, 12:46 PM
i have grown so :censored: tired of reading this. WHO IN THE HELL DESERVED MVP IF NOT ROSE?????

Dirk Nowitzki's season was much more impressive to me than Rose's... and particularly after seeing how quickly every other Magic player disappeared during the playoffs, I'd say Dwight Howard carrying them to a top-4 seed in the East was more impressive as well.

Derrick Rose wasn't even the most valuable asset to the Bulls -- the defense was, and he was by far the worst defensive starter on the squad...

BillS
05-02-2011, 12:55 PM
The MVP award is for regular season play only, as far as I know. So anything he did in the series with the Pacers should technically be irrelevant.

Except insofar as it is an example of what he did during the season.

naptownmenace
05-02-2011, 03:08 PM
I think that series proved though, how much Derrick Rose was worth to the Bulls.

And the Bulls had the best record in the league.

Really easy decision, IMO.

I'll just add that Noah and Boozer missed a combined 54 games. Guess who carried the Bulls during those 54 games? It wasn't Kurt Thomas.

DRose is the engine that drives that Bulls team and he has driven them to 66 wins so far, counting the playoffs.

The 3 knocks against Dwight is that he doesn't make his teammates better (he's not a good passer out of the double-team), he turns the ball over a lot, and he is a liability late in close games because of his poor free throw shooting.

xBulletproof
05-02-2011, 04:10 PM
So you would have never voted for Shaq? Hard to justify Shaq not deserving at least one MVP for that reason, lol... I think Howard is MVP material, too...

Touche. To an extent anyway. Dwight Howard isn't near the player Shaq was. Shaq led the league in scoring, something Dwight will probably never do because of a lack of skill and polish around the rim. Shaq also averaged over 3 blocks per game a couple of times, something Dwight hasn't done. Shaq was also a much better passer. Shaq averaged over 3 turnovers per game twice, Dwight has already done it 5 years in a row.

While Shaq did suffer from the same problem I'm condemning Howard for, Shaq was very much a superior player in almost every way. So yeah, he's an exception to that rule. Howard isn't there yet, and I doubt if he gets there either.

Aw Heck
05-02-2011, 04:20 PM
It'd be a real shame if a team with the MVP and Coach of the Year on it didn't win it all. Real shame.

Extremely disappointing. Just one big disappointment. Gosh, just down right embarrassing. They'd never live that down. No, sir.

Hell, they could go down as one of the biggest disappointments of all time.

Their fans just might have to catch tons of ***** from fans of other teams if that happens. Can't just let them forget about that. Oh no.

They just might have to look at themselves in the mirror and realize that it was all a lie. One big lie.

No pressure, Bulls. No pressure.

Ransom
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Definitely no objection to either award. However, I worry that Thibodeau is going to run Rose into the ground with his style of offense that has Rose driving so often. I think there's a chance he becomes a much classier looking Allen Iverson in terms of injuries.