PDA

View Full Version : Just heard from Alabama-Redneck

indygeezer
04-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Alabama-Redneck just called to let me know he and his wife are fine. A tornado struck near his Alabama home but he merely lost a couple of trees and the shoreline in front of his home. He says they expect to be without electricity for several days but will survive that.

He asked how the attitude was after the loss. I told him things were so positive that even Bob Kravitz was saying good things about the Pacers. He laughed and said "well no wonder there's tornados down here, the whole world just turned upside down".

He wanted everyone to know they are ok...but out of touch.

Trophy
04-28-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm happy they're okay.

Pretty big tornadoes are hitting the south and my area has gotten a bunch of warnings.

Pacerfan
04-28-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm in Alabama and yesterday was crazy. There was a huge tornado that wiped out part of Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. Just lucky to be safe and my prayer's go out to everyone that lost someone or was hurt.

CableKC
04-28-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm in Alabama and yesterday was crazy. There was a huge tornado that wiped out part of Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. Just lucky to be safe and my prayer's go out to everyone that lost someone or was hurt.
Stay safe yourself.

Do you have a basement or some shelter to go to?

ChristianDudley
04-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks for sharing with us that they are fine, which is great news. I feel so bad for everybody down south that has had to deal with all of these tragic storms. While I hate bad weather and I never want bad storms to come my way, I'll never wish them on anybody else...I can't even imagine dealing with the disasters that hit parts of Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, etc yesterday.

Diamond Dave
04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
The footage of these storms yesterday is unreal.

Pacerfan
04-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Stay safe yourself.

Do you have a basement or some shelter to go to?

Everyone I know is fine. Everyone's just counting their blessings that the tornado just missed us. The tornado was visible from downtown Birmingham but thankfully just missed downtown. Unfortunately north Birmingham is devastated. :(

NuffSaid
05-03-2011, 05:23 PM
I live in Huntsville, AL and let me tell you it was a rough 4 days down here. Those of us who live on the southside of town near the TN River were lucky. The tornados either jumped the river or went around us. The worse we got were high winds, heavy rain and no electricity from Wedn evening to Sunday even. But the entire city and most of the surrounding area across several counties were in a total blackout! We're still under a mandatory curfew from dusk 'til dawn mostly due to looters, but also to cut down on vehicular accidents because up until yesterday most of the street lights were still out.

The damage from the tornados is just awful. When Pres. Obama and others commentend that it looked like a bomb had gone off or a war zone in some areas, he/they weren't kidding! It's really bad in some areas, mostly East, North-East, West and South of us. We had confirmed reports of 3 small towns that were completely destroyed - GONE!

All I can tell you, folks, is keep the survivers - especially those who are now homeless - and the victims who lost their lives in your prayers.

NuffSaid
05-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Everyone I know is fine. Everyone's just counting their blessings that the tornado just missed us. The tornado was visible from downtown Birmingham but thankfully just missed downtown. Unfortunately north Birmingham is devastated. :(

I didn't know B-ham got hit! There hasn't been much talk up here of that city being affected. I know Cullman (which is just north-west of Birmingham) got hit pretty hard; the tornados that levelled the town of Phil Campbell swept through there going traveling East and headed straight for Cullman, but I had no idea north B-ham got hit, too.

You may as well say all of northern Alabama is a disaster area! No city no matter how large or small was spared some impact from the storms.

I'm glad to hear you and yours are okay.

indygeezer
05-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Spoke with A_R yesterday morning. He is expecting power back anytime, they just need to run a 50,000 volt line to the substation .

He's hungry for outside news although he had heard some about OBL. Needs updates on Pacers and whats going on.............Hmmm????

Constellations
05-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Just say we signed Dwight Howard and D-Will said they would like to come to Indiana and see what he says. :)