PDA

View Full Version : Official Offseason Wishlist

Pages : [1] 2

PacerPride33
04-27-2011, 11:20 AM
I know we've spent a great deal of our time talking about who we think/hope the Pacers aquire, but thought this is a great time to start since the season is over. From the playoff series, you can see the Pacers are very close from contending for a championship. Steve Kerr said multiple times last night that the Pacers need a "star" next to Danny. In reality, Indy isn't going to get a star in the offseason. Instead, acquire some players with some experience that will contribute greatly to the team. Who do you guys think we are going to go after/should go after via free agency or trade?

My Wishlist:

1. Carl Landry- I know there has been much discussion on him, but I believe he is the best available PF we can bring in. I think Larry was very close to acquiring him at the trade deadline (for Rush) and I think he'll go after him again. He has had only a positive impact on every team he has been on and I think would be our most consistent option as starter. Since he went to Purdue, I think he would welcome coming back Indiana.

2. OJ Mayo- say what you want, but OJ is a heck of a talent, and the price we could get him for is a steal. A new environement should motivate him and he'd fit in well with the youth of our team.

3. Greg Oden- yes Greg has barely played a week in the NBA, but signing him at a decent price is worth the risk because of the potential. He would not only sell tickets but would be a great backup big for years to come (maybe overtaking Hibbert, you never know)

PacerPride33
04-27-2011, 11:23 AM
typing fast, spelled offseason wrong, anyone care to help change it?

joew8302
04-27-2011, 11:24 AM
No lockout and a season next year.

ECKrueger
04-27-2011, 11:27 AM
I can't argue with any of those, as they all COULD make us a lot better. I'm just not sure they will. Clearly, I would love to see Landry here. Mayo could be good if he is well behaved, and Oden if he somehow stays healthy. However, I doubt Oden stays healthy or comes cheap, nor does it seem Mayo will be a good teammate.

Trader Joe
04-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Pie in the sky?

Eric Gordon and Marc Gasol or Kevin Love.

Realistic?

OJ Mayo + some PF

Wilk39
04-27-2011, 11:42 AM
All I wish for is that we don't spend the money just to spend it. This team is probably two years away from being legitimate contenders as it is, so why not let the talent develop and trade for or draft a piece that would help the team. Of the three, I only would want to get Landry if we didn't overpay.

I really want:

1. A season
2. Singleton
3. Foster and McRoberts back.

vnzla81
04-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Landry, Mayo and Oden= same record as this year, aim higher.

I Love P
04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
I hope we resign Foster cheap and maybe McRoberts to a league minimum otherwise he can walk. He did nothing in the playoffs therefore he can get overpaid elsewhere. I wish Brandon Rush is traded for a 2nd round pick. I hope we draft Tristan Thompson with the 15th pick. I hope we sign Jamal Crawford to be our 6th man but not overpay him. I wish that Vogel is our head coach and I am back in Area55 next season.

naptownmenace
04-27-2011, 12:15 PM
1. Hire Frank Vogel as Head Coach. I think he's a player's coach and free agents would be interested in playing for him.

2. Sign Leandro Barbosa, Jason Richardson, or Jamal Crawford

3. Sign Stanko Barac to be the backup Center

4. Re-sign Jeff Foster and give him more PF (his true position) minutes

5. Go after James Jones (if he decides to become a free agent) Sasha Vujacic, or Jason Kapono to be our designated 3-point shooter/Kyle Korver off the bench

6. Sign Carl Landry or Chuck Hayes

MillerTime
04-27-2011, 12:16 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f9c602d3f2.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

IUfan4life
04-27-2011, 12:23 PM
I want Lou Williams

CableKC
04-27-2011, 12:24 PM
The Admins should make this the "Official Offseason - What do we do now?" thread and sticky it...cuz this is the first of about a million threads that will be created on this very subject.

CableKC
04-27-2011, 12:26 PM
I want Lou Williams
For what?

He's not the type of Starting Quality SG that I want on the Team. He's a very solid rotational SG....but not a Startinq quality SG. We have a million solid rotational wing Players...but not a Starting quality SG.

vnzla81
04-27-2011, 12:39 PM
My list:

http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Bobcats/Raymond-Felton.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Nene-Hilario.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/qishi/Anderson-Varejao.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Kenyon-Martin.jpg http://www.me8foundation.org/news_photos/news_default.jpg
http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Jamal-Crawford.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Wizards/Caron-Butler.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Timberwolves/Al-Jefferson.jpg

Any combination and I'll be happy :cool:

BillS
04-27-2011, 12:45 PM
trade involving Danny, Roy, & Brandon

Wow, 2 starters and the sixth man in a single trade? Talk about blowing it up...

CableKC
04-27-2011, 12:48 PM
My list:

http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Bobcats/Raymond-Felton.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Nene-Hilario.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/qishi/Anderson-Varejao.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Kenyon-Martin.jpg http://www.me8foundation.org/news_photos/news_default.jpg
http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Jamal-Crawford.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Wizards/Caron-Butler.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Timberwolves/Al-Jefferson.jpg

Any combination and I'll be happy :cool:
For those that don't immediately recognize who all those players are ( cuz it took me awhile to figure out who all those Players were ), vnzla81's wishlist is:

Felton
Nene ( I don't recognize him without his dreds )
SideShow Bob
Kenyon Marton
JCraw
Caron Butler
AlJeff

Infinite MAN_force
04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Josh Smith.

I think our number one issue is rebounding right now. Smith is exactly the sort of Athletic defensive big who would take a lot of pressure off of Hibbert, Offensively and defensively.

Smith could come in as a legitimate consistent 2nd or 3rd option right off the bat, and I think his presence would facilitate improved play from Roy Hibbert. Couple that with the fact that Atlanta is looking to dump his contract, and we are one of the few teams under the cap who can trade without matching salary. There is no reason not to make this happen.

We would be one of the best shot blocking teams in the league with that front court.

graphic-er
04-27-2011, 01:02 PM
I thought about Al Jeff, but every team he has been on gets worse from the year before! Who would have though Utah would miss the playoffs and essentially implode the franchise this year.

graphic-er
04-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Josh Smith.

I think our number one issue is rebounding right now. Smith is exactly the sort of Athletic defensive big who would take a lot of pressure off of Hibbert, Offensively and defensively.

Smith could come in as a legitimate consistent 2nd or 3rd option right off the bat, and I think his presence would facilitate improved play from Roy Hibbert. Couple that with the fact that Atlanta is looking to dump his contract, and we are one of the few teams under the cap who can trade without matching salary. There is no reason not to make this happen.

We would be one of the best shot blocking teams in the league with that front court.

But you who willing to give up. Smith is not a go to scorer. So I can't see giving Granger up for him.

Gamble1
04-27-2011, 01:04 PM
I thought about Al Jeff, but every team he has been on gets worse from the year before! Who would have though Utah would miss the playoffs and essentially implode the franchise this year.
Who did they trade away again? ;)

Gamble1
04-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Josh Smith.

ITs not going to happen but yeah I would do that deal.

For a team that didn't try to dump salary this year why would they do it this off season with us?

IT would take Hibbert to get Josh Smith not Granger too by the way.

IUfan4life
04-27-2011, 01:09 PM
For what?

He's not the type of Starting Quality SG that I want on the Team. He's a very solid rotational SG....but not a Startinq quality SG. We have a million solid rotational wing Players...but not a Starting quality SG.

A guy that can go get his own shot. He's better than Paul George is right now, and Would be our second best player if we got him. He can play point guard if need be, but I really think he'd be an awesome sixth man.

Infinite MAN_force
04-27-2011, 01:18 PM
ITs not going to happen but yeah I would do that deal.

For a team that didn't try to dump salary this year why would they do it this off season with us?

IT would take Hibbert to get Josh Smith not Granger too by the way.

I would not give up Granger or Hibbert in the deal. Although I think they would want Hibbert.

I would look at any combination of Collison, Hansbrough, or our pick. Not all three, but any two of those three. They are weak at PG, so they might be interested in Collison. If we did trade Collison I would want to hold on to the pick because I think you might be able to flip it over to Denver for Raymond Felton.

So I would look to trade Collison and Hansbrough for Smith, and trade our First rounder for Raymond Felton, If I were the Pacers this offseason.

Rogco
04-27-2011, 01:23 PM
I'd love to get Oden in. I don't see how Landry makes the team any better, seems like spending money for a lateral move.

The free agent class is weak, so I guess some trades to help upgrade the roster.

Gamble1
04-27-2011, 01:24 PM
IT would take Hibbert. Smith is a very good player and you just don't trade those away because you are a boarder line luxury tax team.

Also Felton is worth more than a 1st round pick in a terrible draft. He will command another decent player IMO.

Ozwalt72
04-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Marc Gasol, Jamal Crawford. Carl Landry, bring back Foster

Starters:
Collison
George
Granger
Landry
Gasol

Bench:
Crawford
Hansbrough
Hibbert
Foster
Dahntay
Price

That's not considering a draft pick, or the likelihood of trading Hibbert if we do upgrade at center.

Heisenberg
04-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Every player on the roster to spend hours in the gym every day and each of them coming back better and wanting more than 5 playoff games next year. Seems simple enough.

Oh, and Lance not getting in trouble.

Hicks
04-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Wow, 2 starters and the sixth man in a single trade? Talk about blowing it up...

Calling Rush our sixth man is extremely misleading, even if it can technically be considered accurate.

Hicks
04-27-2011, 02:02 PM
I guess you could call this my "I'm interested and I'm not 100% it couldn't happen" list:

Possible starters:

Nene
Emeka Okafor
Anderson Varajao
Luis Scola
Chris Kaman
Marc Gasol
Kevin Love
Paul Milsap
Tyson Chandler

Possible backups:

Jamal Crawford
Jason Richardson IF there's no baggage / cancer threat
Jason Terry
Raymond Felton
Jarrett Jack
Aaron Gray
Shane Battier
Chuck Hayes

imbtyler
04-27-2011, 02:03 PM
1. A full 2011-12 season.

2. Eric Gordon, James Jones, Josh Smith and/or Greg Oden.

3. Josh McRoberts back.

MyFavMartin
04-27-2011, 02:05 PM
3. Josh McRoberts back.

Amen.

BillS
04-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Calling Rush our sixth man is extremely misleading, even if it can technically be considered accurate.

Yeah, I almost went back and changed it to "first wing off the bench", but it wasn't worth it. Essentially, I think trading BOTH Granger and Hibbert would be a mistake. Rush, not so much...

NapTonius Monk
04-27-2011, 02:17 PM
2. OJ Mayo- say what you want, but OJ is a heck of a talent, and the price we could have gotten him for was a steal.Don't think the McBob + 1st will get that done now. Don't know how much more it will cost, but I think the price will be higher than that.

wintermute
04-27-2011, 02:21 PM
I've mentioned it a few times, but I'd really like us to steal away Rodney Stuckey. I think he could be that shot-creating SG, plus he could also play as a big PG as a change of pace from Collison. We could either go big (Stuckey-George-Granger-PF-C), or go small (Collison-Stuckey-George-Granger-C) as the situation demands.

Only problem is that he's a restricted free agent. Hopefully Detroit will dissuaded by the big contracts for Hamilton and Gordon that they already have on their books.

Hicks
04-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I almost went back and changed it to "first wing off the bench", but it wasn't worth it. Essentially, I think trading BOTH Granger and Hibbert would be a mistake. Rush, not so much...

As always, it depends on what you're getting back.

CableKC
04-27-2011, 02:35 PM
A guy that can go get his own shot. He's better than Paul George is right now, and Would be our second best player if we got him. He can play point guard if need be, but I really think he'd be an awesome sixth man.
Not trying to be a jerk or anything...but if LouWill is our 2nd best Player...then our Team sucks real bad.

Since we have the resources and assets to get one, I'd aim higher then LouWill.

Trophy
04-27-2011, 03:06 PM
I just hope we don't blow our cap space.

I really hope we save up for 2012 when we'll have more options to get a guy like Eric Gordon.

I'm hoping for a solid starting PF too.

Sparhawk
04-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Team Needs:
Starting PF
Backup SG that can score
Backup PG
Backup SF

Things I'd like to see happen:
1st round pick options
1. Trade up to get Biyombo. With it being a weak draft, it might not take much to move some spots ahead. If he's going top 5, then that might be out of the questions, but I feel he'll start to lose steam here shortly. He's hot now, but that doesn't mean he'll stay that way. Sure he's a project but this team should be built around defense.
2. Other possibles are Terrance Jones, Jordan Williams (Maryland), Faried
3. Trade pick for starting PF

2nd Round
Trade up and get Darius Morris (if he comes out) - My #1 choice for a back up PG. Hell we have enough money we could buy another pick if needed (in case he goes late 1st round)
Other possibles are McCamey or Benson

Entertain offers for Granger. I don't care if Granger stays or is traded, but if there is a good deal on the table that benefits us and costs Granger to do it, then I'd be all for it.

Bring Foster back. If Foster retires, I'd like Chandler. Have Chandler start and Hibbert come off the bench. Chandler can even play some PF if we decide to go really big. Nice!

bye bye to Solo, Ford and Dunleavy (sure I'm forgetting someone). Please let AJ go.

I like Mcobert's, but don't feel he is what we need. We need a starting PF so Hans can come off the bench. That won't leave much playing time for McBob (who doesn't offer much defensively)

Trade Rush

Have Larry spend time with Lance. Or have Lance hang with Granger all offseason, training and working on how to behave. I really want this kid to succeed.

No to Josh Smith. I used to be for bringing this guy in, but I've seen him play (I live in Atlanta), and this guy is just not a winner.

Oden, nice dream, but any reasonable offer and the Blazers will match. They won't let their #1 pick walk away without getting anything in return. Someone will over pay and regret it.

That's all I can think of right now.

naptownmenace
04-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Josh Smith.

I'd love Josh Smith too but the Pacers were 5th in the league in rebounding during the regular season. He would help out defensively though.

He's a pouter when things don't go his way. That's the only thing that worries me.

Sparhawk
04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I'd love Josh Smith too but the Pacers were 5th in the league in rebounding during the regular season. He would help out defensively though.

He's a pouter when things don't go his way. That's the only thing that worries me.

I think you'd need to look at more advanced stats, but I'm blanking on what you'd want to look at. I believe the Pacers were a poor shooting team so you're bound to have more rebounds. I don't think the Pacers were a good rebounding team, probably more average. However, I do think they gave up a ton of offensive rebounds.

Thoreau87
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't think the Pacers were a good rebounding team, probably more average. However, I do think they gave up a ton of offensive rebounds.

#1 on my wish list. OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING/BOXING OUT.

BringJackBack
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
1. Re-sign Frank Vogel to a three year contract.
2. Bring back the Goon Squad. Go get a starting 2 and a starting four that can rebound so that George and Hansbrough can play off the bench. Get a backup point guard that distributes the ball and plays defense. The opposite of AJ.
3. Try to replace the backup point guard and backup small forward spots.

Some of this is a very small chance of happening, some of it not.

Bigs to start for us/a gamble:
Dwight Howard
Josh Smith
Nene
Kenyon Martin (A two year contract)
Greg Oden (Three year contract w/ a team option on the third)

Wings to start for us:
Eric Gordon
Andre Igoudala (Why do I even consider him an option anymore?)
Jamal Crawford
OJ Mayo

Others:
Raymond Felton
Shane Battier
Earl Watson
Jarrett Jack

IUfan4life
04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Not trying to be a jerk or anything...but if LouWill is our 2nd best Player...then our Team sucks real bad.

Since we have the resources and assets to get one, I'd aim higher then LouWill.

Not saying to stop going after players if we were to acquire him, but right now he would be better than anyone except granger. I think you are highly underrating him

Really?
04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Not a wishlist but a thankyou list....

I am thankful that we didn't trade for Tony Parker, although his regular season numbers weren't bad.

But his play in the Playoffs has been disappointing and what I believe is a sign of his future in the league.

Wish we would have tried to get George Hill instead though, Collison didn't do too bad but like I said then I like George better... would have gave us more flexibility playing him at the 2 sometimes and letting another pg run the point(even though back then didn't really have high praise for AJ either, but he surprised me in the playoffs).

pizza guy
04-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Main thing I want is for our young guys to continue improving. A lot of PD wants to see a starting PF brought in, but I think Tyler can be it. This was essentially his rookie season, and I think he showed that he has some promise as a good player in this league. He has things to work on, but I think he has work ethic to get better every year.

A lot of PD is a little down on Hibbert too, but I'd like to stick with him. I think this season, and specifically the time under Vogel has shown Big Roy that he can consistently be a good player, but he still needs to work on things. And we know he has the work ethic as well.

Paul George and Darren Collison are the back court of the future for me. George's defensive effort in the playoffs was enough to prove he belongs, and when his offense finds its feet, look out. I know a lot of PD would like someone better than DC, but I thought he played very well in the post-season, and I think he has all-star potential as a point guard.

The expendables on the current roster are: Rush, Price, Lance, Solo, Dun, and Josh. I'd be ok with most of them coming back, I'd be ok with none of them coming back. I like Dun probably more than a lot of PD, but I know he is not irreplaceable or a player who will push us over the top.

Guys I'd like to see end up here: The obvious ones are Dwight and Eric Gordon. I don't think there's an argument to be made against those two. They are supreme talents that change a franchise.

Josh Smith would be welcome. OJ Mayo would be exciting because we're not entirely sure how it would turn out, but he fits right into the young, talented core we're building.

I think the first step is to figure out what Bird is going to do, and whether Coach V will be back. I really hope they both return, because they both understand what Indiana basketball should be about, and they seem to be a perfect match for this franchise moving forward.

pacergod2
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
My wishlist can't be completed until I know what the new CBA will look like. That will dictate what other teams are forced to do. And players will be available that we didn't expect. I don't think there will be such major changes that teams won't have time to adjust, though. I think the cap space we will have will take on a much different meaning once the CBA is settled. There will be a lot of teams hurting for talent when they get rid of the Mid-Level Exception. The Heat, Knicks, Mavs, Lakers, Magic, and Blazers will probably all be sellers. At least they won't be buyers if the restrictions are tight enough. That is all I am hoping for.

Oh and no lockout would be wonderful.

A new commissioner.

Tyson Chandler and Monta Ellis.

Natalie Portman.

naptownmenace
04-27-2011, 05:01 PM
I think you'd need to look at more advanced stats, but I'm blanking on what you'd want to look at. I believe the Pacers were a poor shooting team so you're bound to have more rebounds. I don't think the Pacers were a good rebounding team, probably more average. However, I do think they gave up a ton of offensive rebounds.

I went ahead and looked it up and the Pacers were 5th in the league in rebounds per game. However, they were only 13th in total offensive rebounds per game and 23 in offensive rebounds allowed per game.

IOW, the Pacers grabbed on average 11.3 offensive rebounds and allowed the other team to grab 11.4. They still had a + 0.2 in rebounds grabbed versus rebounds allowed. They were a much better rebounding team than they were last year even though they gave up too many offensive rebounds.

I guess what I'm really saying is that better rebounding would be great but it's not priority #1.

The Pacers were 22nd in offensive efficiency and 26th in FG%. That is area #1 that needs to be addressed. They can get stops and enough rebounds to win but they have trouble putting the ball in the basket when they do.

pwee31
04-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Don't think the McBob + 1st will get that done now. Don't know how much more it will cost, but I think the price will be higher than that.

Wouldn't be so sure. Grizzlies have given Gay and Randolph huge deals, Conley received a nice raise, and they still want to resign Gasol long-term.

I expect a pick and cap space will get the job done, may not even have to add a player to the mix with the cap space and roster space

ECKrueger
04-27-2011, 07:58 PM
I would not mind getting Iggy from the 6ers if possible. They were talking about him in the Heat/76ers game and how he needs another scorer with him...well Danny needs help too.

D-BONE
04-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Lot of good names bandied about. Have no idea who is realistically attainable. Varejao, Nene, Stuckey, Felton seem like guys who could immediately help out and might be not be untouchable.

pwee31
04-27-2011, 08:06 PM
I guess you could call this my "I'm interested and I'm not 100% it couldn't happen" list:

Possible starters:

Dwight Howard
Nene
Emeka Okafor
Anderson Varajao
Luis Scola
Chris Kaman
Marc Gasol
Kevin Love
Paul Milsap
Tyson Chandler

Possible backups:

Jamal Crawford
Jason Richardson IF there's no baggage / cancer threat
Jason Terry
Raymond Felton
Jarrett Jack
Aaron Gray

Watching him during the Lakers series makes me almost positive he was one of the pieces that would have came from the Hornets in the Rush/Solo deal

Ozwalt72
04-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I would not mind getting Iggy from the 6ers if possible. They were talking about him in the Heat/76ers game and how he needs another scorer with him...well Danny needs help too.

I'd like him too but I have a bad feeling we'd have to give up Paul George for him.

I think Paul can be better.

ECKrueger
04-27-2011, 08:09 PM
I'd like him too but I have a bad feeling we'd have to give up Paul George for him.

I think Paul can be better.

I definitely would not trade PG for him. I realize that would give us several players at similar positions, but I like him.

ECKrueger
04-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't see how Landry makes the team any better, seems like spending money for a lateral move.

I don't know that Landry is the best option out there, but I definitely think he is better than Tyler at the moment.

Not to mention, in the playoffs, Landry has games of 8, 16, 23, 12 and 17 while Tyler has 14, 4, 10, 6, and 22. I love Hansbrough, and Landry/Hans is better than Hans/McRoberts.

Ozwalt72
04-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I realize that would give us several players at similar positions, but I like him.

Absolutely, if we had a 3 man wing rotation of Igoudala, Granger and George we'd be sitting pretty. Probably a very good quality bigman away from true contention.

NapTonius Monk
04-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Natalie Portman.

:laugh: :brilliant

NapTonius Monk
04-27-2011, 08:21 PM
To draft Kenneth Faried, and for him to become the next ON-COURT Dennis Rodman, skillset wise.

AesopRockOn
04-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Why are people putting Dwight Howard in their lists? Seriously, I'm perplexed.

yoadknux
04-27-2011, 09:26 PM
have Lance hang with Granger all offseason, training and working on how to behave. I really want this kid to succeed.

What did Granger do to deserve THIS?!

LA_Confidential
04-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Expecting that there will be a season next year, I'd like to go after Deandre Jordan and and Rodney Stuckey. Those two could bring even more athleticism and grit to our roster.

pwee31
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Why are people putting Dwight Howard in their lists? Seriously, I'm perplexed.

I think with the possibility of Orlando having an early exit, some are thing the Magic may face a Carmello or in our case Deron Williams situation where the Magic look to trade him for best package, whether then lose him for nothing aka Lebron/Bosh.

Just wishful thinking by some I think.

I don't see us giving a big name superstar who's ready. I expect us to get a solid player or 2 that can contribute, and perhaps a young player that we know can play, and hope can turn into a big time player.

PacersPride
04-27-2011, 10:03 PM
1) Larry Bird returns.

2) Hire the best coach available, still believe its Mike Brown.

3) Acquire Eric Gordon or Andre Igudola.

4) Stacy Paetz :p

itzryan07
04-27-2011, 10:04 PM
i want OJ, Kenyon Martin(brings toughness to the team). I'm not sure why everyone is giving up on DC already. Its his first year here and he had to adapt to 2 coaches. I think he is the answer at PG unless you can get someone like Cp3 or Dwill etc. Hansbrough could be our Starting PF. His work ethic is what makes me believe that. Now that he has had one whole year and the playoffs, he is gonna polish his game over the summer.

DrFife
04-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Expecting that there will be a season next year, I'd like to go after Deandre Jordan and and Rodney Stuckey. Those two could bring even more athleticism and grit to our roster.

As P4E will happily explain, the Clips like Jordan paired with Griffin.

Kaman, however....

LA_Confidential
04-27-2011, 10:15 PM
As P4E will happily explain, the Clips like Jordan paired with Griffin.

Kaman, however....

Can Kaman start next to Roy or would he be our back up center?
I dont know much about him except that he has old guy hair.

Jordan is extremely athletic, that's why im so interested. He could be the 4/5 we've been searching for.

jeffg-body
04-27-2011, 10:40 PM
If we could somehow land Iggy and Nene I'd be happy.

graphic-er
04-27-2011, 10:41 PM
My Wish list:
Bird comes back
We hire Mike Brown or Vogel
We trade for OJ Mayo
Sign a defensive Big who can rebound and clean up HIbbert's mess.
Draft a defensive big who can rebound well.
Resign Foster so he can mentor

I'd generally just like to see the Pacer get tough and big. Seeing as how a superstar isn't going to walk through that door I'd like to see this team be one of the longest and strongest in the league. Smash mouth to the max.

cdash
04-27-2011, 10:43 PM
I hope we get better and our young players improve on their deficiencies.

Doddage
04-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Mayo, Josh Smith, and Varejao. Don't think we could do that without surrendering some big time assets, but it would be awesome.

PacerPride33
04-27-2011, 11:12 PM
no love for indy product greg oden?

Young
04-27-2011, 11:12 PM
My wishlist:

- Larry Bird returns
- Bring back Frank Vogel as the head coach
- Keep Darren, Paul, Danny, Tyler, and Roy
- Acquire OJ Mayo (I've said it before but when you look at what the Pacers need, what assets they have to use, and who is available, OJ is the best option out there)
- Add a quality big. I'd like Nene but I fear he will require too much money/too long of a contract. Some big i'd go after include Jason Thompson, Louis Amundson, Ronny Turiaf, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, and Tyson Chandler.
- I think the Pacers developed an identity in the playoff series with the Bulls. It is really a lot like Butler and their style of play. I hope they keep adding players that fit that style. Players who are tough and physical. Or "thugs/dirty players" according to Bulls fans.

A couple other options might be Al Jefferson and Josh Smith. They would make the Pacers better but I am not for sure if they are worth it and if the Pacers have what it takes to get them. (the biggest asset is their cap space). I don't know that Jefferson is a good fit next to Roy and I don't think Smith is physical enough. They are likely to be options though.

owl
04-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Marc Gasol
Carl Landry
Nene Hilario
Shane Battier

itzryan07
04-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Mike Brown is horrible! Don't even bring up the back to back 60 win seasons. Lebron did it all for him.

PacerGuy
04-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Grizzlies have given Gay and Randolph huge deals, Conley received a nice raise, and they still want to resign Gasol long-term.

As you say, Zach (17.5m), Gay (13.5m), Conley (9m), then add Gasol (8-10m?) - IMO they have signed more then they can afford. I wonder if someone (Conley?) could be had despite the new contract? After all, +/- 48-50 mil for 4 players under a new CBA could make it hard to fiels a full team going forward, esp. for a small market team w/ attendence issues.

PacerGuy
04-28-2011, 01:34 AM
Call me crazy, but if we can not get more support then what we got this season, I suggest we make the moves needed to catch the average fan's attention. My idea:

-Trade Hibbert & DC to Memphis for Zach & Conely
-Trade Danny & B.Rush to the Clippers for Gordon
-Trade Hansbrough for B.Miller & C.Lee
-Trade P.George to Utah for G.Hayward & 2nd
-Trade Price, 1st to SAS for G.Hill
-Trade Lance & future 2nd to Atlanta for J.Teague
-Trade Posey & D.Jones to Dallas for S.Marion
-Sign/Trade (S&T Foster & future pick) for G.Ogen from Portland
-Sign C.Landry & J.Jeffries as FA's
-Draft M.Howard in '11 2nd
-Draft T.Zeller in '12 2nd
-Retain L.Bird, Replace Morway with K.Pritchard
-Hire Brad Stephens to coach

New Roster Indiana fans can really get behind:
Oden, B.Miller, McRoberts
Zach, C.Landry, M.Howard, T.Zeller ('12)
G.Hayward, S.Marion, J.Jeffries
E.Gordon, C.Lee
Conely, G.Hill, J.Teague

:)

Psyren
04-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Mike Brown is horrible! Don't even bring up the back to back 60 win seasons. Lebron did it all for him.

Agreed.

I'm sorry Mike Brown lovers, but I just don't see it.

He coached teams to 60 wins with LeBron James. That doesn't impress me. He made it to one NBA Finals with LeBron James. They got swept.

Why oh why are people still impressed with the guy?

And don't say LeBron had bad teammates in Cleveland, because he didn't.

Those guys struggled without LeBron, but take Danny off our team and see how well we do. Probably not very well. But that doesn't mean we have bad players either.

No Mike Brown please.

I'd prefer Frank, but I'd explore other options. But I'd sure as hell rather have Frank than Mike Brown.

IndyProdigy
04-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Agreed.

I'm sorry Mike Brown lovers, but I just don't see it.

He coached teams to 60 wins with LeBron James. That doesn't impress me. He made it to one NBA Finals with LeBron James. They got swept.

Why oh why are people still impressed with the guy?

And don't say LeBron had bad teammates in Cleveland, because he didn't.

Those guys struggled without LeBron, but take Danny off our team and see how well we do. Probably not very well. But that doesn't mean we have bad players either.

No Mike Brown please.

I'd prefer Frank, but I'd explore other options. But I'd sure as hell rather have Frank than Mike Brown.

relatively speaking. lebron had the most overrated role players known in the league. and danny granger is no lebron, as you know im sure, but thats comparing apples and oranges. Lebron left because he said if this is all Gilbert is giving me than im audi5000.

But yes, mike brown is pumped way to much in here. Ill take vogel 8 days of the week over mike brown.

IndyProdigy
04-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Call me crazy, but if we can not get more support then what we got this season, I suggest we make the moves needed to catch the average fan's attention. My idea:

E.Gordon, C.Lee
Conely, G.Hill, J.Teague

you are underrating team chemistry. and i think PG has a much high ceiling than hayward, plus hes a much better defender.

KingGeorge
04-28-2011, 03:10 AM

E.Gordon, C.Lee
Conely, G.Hill, J.Teague

I really hope this was a joke.

IndyProdigy
04-28-2011, 03:10 AM
Mayo, Josh Smith, and Varejao. Don't think we could do that without surrendering some big time assets, but it would be awesome.

I love the Varejao option, hed be our own Joakim Noah, but if cleveland didnt lock him up for like 50mil, I'd be all over that option.

Gosh I hope Bird or someone comes out with some rumors soon. I get too giddy watching all these other teams play.

IndyProdigy
04-28-2011, 03:14 AM
To draft Kenneth Faried, and for him to become the next ON-COURT Dennis Rodman, skillset wise.

Thats a great comparison. And he was a 27th overall pick. So definitely a good shot. Still cant believe Rodman played at 6'7" when he played LIKE 7'2"

IndyProdigy
04-28-2011, 03:22 AM
If I were Bird I would stress ALL my options. Literally make an offer to every team with a player that can help us improve.

Mainly a SG that can create his own shot, especially at the end of the game.
And a Big MAN that can play PF with Hibbs and C with Hansbrough.

Kaman
Josh Smith
Eric Gordon
OJ Mayo
Al Jefferson
Derrick Favors
Zach Randolph
Kevin Love
Heck throw the kitchen sink at Dwight Howard or Chris Paul.

judicata
04-28-2011, 04:37 AM

Seriously. That whole list screamed "I think every other GM in the league is a retard" and "Go Butler!"

PacerGuy
04-28-2011, 10:05 AM

Well lets see....
While there are players listed I would LOVE to have on this team (EJ), the fact that EVERY player is from Indiana should have been a hintn don't ya think?. It is kind of fun to see what this state could field as a tean, No? Anyway, some things should appreciated for what they are without having to be in green.

asmithxc
04-28-2011, 10:31 AM

Pacers were 17th in offensive rebounding percentage and 15th in defensive rebounding percentage.

Very much an average rebounding team last year. Josh Smith would definitely help that.

MyFavMartin
04-28-2011, 12:26 PM
JR Smith and Tyson Chandler and a good young PF at #15... Trey Thompkins of Georgia or Jordan Williams of Maryland and a scoring wing threat in the second: Jimmy Butler or Marshon Brooks. If not, maybe Skeen of VCU. Justin Harper or Mike Davis might also be someone to look at.

I would think Mayo is ahead of JR Smith in Bird's head and OJ is someone to add to our young core going forward but JR is not that old at 26. Chandler's 28, so the next contract will likely be his last. Caron Butler might be someone to plug in at SG, but he's more of a SF and he's getting up there in age for a wing (31). JRich might be a consideration as well.

Chandler's last contract was almost $13 mill per and JR's $6 mill. I would offer Tyson 5 years at 13 per on average and maybe a 5 year contract at JR for ~7 per. Would that get it done? I guess the CBA might screw things up and getting Mayo on his rookie contract ($5.6 mill next year and qualifying offer of 7.4 after that).

DC2/AJ/Lance... potentially some minutes at PG for OJ.
JR/PG or PG/Mayo/Rush/Dahntay
DG/PG/Posey
Chandler/Tyler
Roy/Chandler/Foster

Plus our draft picks.

Maybe bring Foster back on the cheap, if that's possible. 3 years at $4 million?

Rush looks like trade fodder for Mayo or if we sign JR.

Magnum or Stanko for the end of the bench?

PacerPride33
04-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Id love to get Chandler, but doubt he wants to come to Indy after playing for Dallas. He is getting older and wants the best chance to win a championship.

croz24
04-28-2011, 09:51 PM
if only lebron can win 60 games with mo williams and anderson varejao, then why couldn't the heat win 60 with wade and bosh as lebron's sidekicks?

BringJackBack
04-28-2011, 09:53 PM
JR Smith would be hell unleashed on our locker room.

PacerPride33
04-28-2011, 09:53 PM
what is it going to take to get Mayo now? 1st + ?

pacer4ever
04-28-2011, 09:58 PM
if only lebron can win 60 games with mo williams and anderson varejao, then why couldn't the heat win 60 with wade and bosh as lebron's sidekicks?

That team in clevlend was bulit around him very well shooters and defenders. Miami isnt bulit around him the way the Cavs were they were a perfect fit. Plus you can only win so many games regular season is pretty irrlevant.

Jared Sullinger
04-28-2011, 11:13 PM
The way things are shaping up in Orlando and New Orleans, I'm at the point where I say save our capspace for 2012 unless something too-good-to-pass-up comes our way (doubtful).

Signing either Chris Paul or Dwight Howard by themselves would likely be neigh impossible, but if we're in a position where we have the money to sign them both, I can see it happening. The incentive of them teaming up to form their own super-duo, with a solid supporting cast to boot, might be enough to bring them here.

itzryan07
04-28-2011, 11:21 PM

because mo williams and varejao both go into the perfect supporting cast for lebron. Wade and Lebron both had to sacrifice so much. Both are both in supporting roles now. No true star of the team. They have never been in that situation. Mike brown lost control of his team in the 2010 playoffs

ECKrueger
04-28-2011, 11:42 PM
The way things are shaping up in Orlando and New Orleans, I'm at the point where I say save our capspace for 2012 unless something too-good-to-pass-up comes our way (doubtful).

Signing either Chris Paul or Dwight Howard by themselves would likely be neigh impossible, but if we're in a position where we have the money to sign them both, I can see it happening. The incentive of them teaming up to form their own super-duo, with a solid supporting cast to boot, might be enough to bring them here.

Oh man...I can only imagine....

pwee31
04-28-2011, 11:57 PM

Honestly, I think that might be it. Now that we have roster and cap space.

Depends on if Memphis has change their stance or opinion of him? Even with Gay hurt, he's coming off the bench behind Tony Allen and Sam Young. Memphis has Battier in the rotation, as well as rookie Xavier Henry to groom.

If they want to re-sign Marc Gasol, they'll need all the money they can get.

1st round pick and the Pacers absorbing Mayo's contract without having to send a player back is a real possibility

pwee31
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Watching the Spurs/Grizzlies series, I would really like to get Marc Gasol! haha can we outbid the Grizzlies to not match?

I do expect the Pacers to try and get Mayo. I think they'll like at Tyson Chandler, but he may take less to stay in Dallas.

I expect Landry and Big Baby Davis to get looks from the Pacers.

If Nene doesn't get extension with the Nuggets I think he will be in the cards

I think Foster will be brought back.

I think Dalembert could get a look depending on asking price

I'm sure with the CBA there could be quite a few trades available.

It's going to be nerve wrecking, I can promise you that

PacerGuy
04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
-I see us moving our pick for a vet (Mayo?)
-I hate Kahn, but I am still interested in A.Randolph (young, long, PF)
-B/u C is need, esp for a defender (Dally, Chandler?)
-I could see a bigger PG/ combo G (I like Stuckey)
-A vet b/u 3 (S.Battier is a defender, shooter, & a LEADER! He is also a FA!)
-I see us holding on to some $ as IMO we find 1 "bigger name", not 2.
-Interested to see what Posey's value could be (exp).
-I could see us "absorbing a contract" to get a player.

ECKrueger
04-29-2011, 12:06 PM
If Dahntay is causing issues, as has been speculated, I would love to get Battier to replace him.

Hicks
04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm not high on OJ Mayo, but if all it took to get him was the 15th pick, I'd consider it.

Hicks
04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
If Dahntay is causing issues, as has been speculated, I would love to get Battier to replace him.

I would love for him to be our new backup 3 with Dunleavy gone. Love it.

I can't believe I didn't think of him earlier; I'll add him to my list!

Aw Heck
04-29-2011, 12:31 PM
I'd love to have Battier, but he's not going anywhere except to a contender.

Fight hard for Nene. Pacers will have to overpay, but hopefully won't overpay too much.

vnzla81
04-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Here are other names I would like to have:

http://sports.sohu.com/upload/rockets/Shane-Battier.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Jazz/Andrei-Kirilenko.jpg http://big5.china.com.cn/gate/big5/images.china.cn/attachement/jpg/site1000/20091026/0019b91ecbef0c4fdc1a43.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Samuel-Dalembert.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/huosai/Tayshaun-Prince.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/huosai/Rodney-Stuckey.jpg http://images.china.cn/attachement/jpg/site1000/20091026/001372a9a9040c4f930227.jpg http://i3.itc.cn/20091014/76d_e04a529e_7829_43eb_8bfb_b847ab42d703_0.jpg

Hicks
04-29-2011, 01:09 PM
I forgot about Kirilenko. I wonder if he'd be willing to come off of our bench?

vnzla81
04-29-2011, 01:26 PM
I forgot about Kirilenko. I wonder if he'd be willing to come off of our bench?

He was coming off the bench in Utah, I think all depends of the price we are willing to pay, good defender, can play PF at times, can defend 4 positions and can score, perfect 6th man, underrated big time if you ask me.

IUfan4life
04-29-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd love to have Battier, but he's not going anywhere except to a contender.

Fight hard for Nene. Pacers will have to overpay, but hopefully won't overpay too much.

agree 100%

Roy and a 1st for Nene and aaron afflalo?

ECKrueger
04-29-2011, 01:50 PM

I find it funny that you say that, then post nothing but pictures.

Justin Tyme
04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=Infinite MAN_force;1226001]

Atlanta is looking to dump his contract, /QUOTE]

Really, Atlanta just beat the Magic to go on to the 2nd round of the playoffs, and they want to dump him. Interesting, you got a link with an Atlanta FO person saying this? If so I'd love to read it! Or is this just another one of a 1,000 rumors that appear every year?

BringJackBack
04-29-2011, 03:15 PM
I would love for him to be our new backup 3 with Dunleavy gone. Love it.

Word. If we could have a bench of:

Backup Point
George
Battier
Hansbrough
Foster

Bring the Goon Squad back, except with huge upgrades at the 1 and 3. George and Hansbrough improve as well. We could potentially have the best bench in the NBA, depending on how good the backup point guard is. If he's a good defender, say an Earl Watson or Jarret Jack, that's definitely a possibility and we would lock teams up defensively as well.

Have Hansbrough, George, and the backup point run the plays while Foster and Battier play off of them. Battier shoots kickout threes and posts up on smaller guys.

Of course, though, if George and Hansbrough are on the bench that means that we have upgrades at the starting 2 and 4 spot. Which would be another good thing.

Justin Tyme
04-29-2011, 03:22 PM
I think you are highly underrating him

I think you are highly OVERRATING him. He's a rotational player... period! Nothing to get excited about acquiring. I'd take Tony Allen, Courtney Lee, or Barbosa over him and never have 2nd thoughts.

Justin Tyme
04-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Kaman, however....

Kaman is on my list of players I'd like to see as a Pacer.

Constellations
04-29-2011, 03:55 PM

http://sports.sohu.com/upload/rockets/Shane-Battier.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Jazz/Andrei-Kirilenko.jpg http://big5.china.com.cn/gate/big5/images.china.cn/attachement/jpg/site1000/20091026/0019b91ecbef0c4fdc1a43.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/Samuel-Dalembert.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/huosai/Tayshaun-Prince.jpg http://sports.sohu.com/upload/huosai/Rodney-Stuckey.jpg http://images.china.cn/attachement/jpg/site1000/20091026/001372a9a9040c4f930227.jpg http://i3.itc.cn/20091014/76d_e04a529e_7829_43eb_8bfb_b847ab42d703_0.jpg

Jeff Green won't happen. I honestly believe he was brought in to replace Pierce in the future. Could be worth a shot though.

IUfan4life
04-29-2011, 04:04 PM
would love to have Battier, but I think there is <5% chance he comes here

DGPR
04-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Word. If we could have a bench of:

Backup Point
George
Battier
Hansbrough
Foster

Bring the Goon Squad back, except with huge upgrades at the 1 and 3. George and Hansbrough improve as well. We could potentially have the best bench in the NBA, depending on how good the backup point guard is. If he's a good defender, say an Earl Watson or Jarret Jack, that's definitely a possibility and we would lock teams up defensively as well.

Have Hansbrough, George, and the backup point run the plays while Foster and Battier play off of them. Battier shoots kickout threes and posts up on smaller guys.

Of course, though, if George and Hansbrough are on the bench that means that we have upgrades at the starting 2 and 4 spot. Which would be another good thing.

George won't be back on the bench anymore. I really believe his rookie year is the only time that he can be accepted as a bench player. He has too much talent not to be starting, and next year we can expect him to be even better.

BringJackBack
04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
George won't be back on the bench anymore. I really believe his rookie year is the only time that he can be accepted as a bench player. He has too much talent not to be starting, and next year we can expect him to be even better.

I agree with what you're saying as he is talented enough to start, but there is nothing wrong with having a good player who can facilitate, score, and play defense on the bench. Jamal Crawford, Manu Ginobli, Lamar Odom, etc. are good players that played off of the bench. George can be of their caliber, I hope with my blue and yellow tinted glasses, soon.

If he's on the bench with Tyler, Battier, a good backup and defensive point, and Foster than we have one of the best benches in a long time.

Trophy
04-29-2011, 04:13 PM

I like Michael Redd, but I think at this stage of his career, he's gonna want to join a veteran team.

He can probably still be a decent starter. I'm thinking Dallas would be a good team for him.

Trophy
04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm thinking we'll get OJ Mayo and try and go after Eric Gordon in a or 2.

I like Marc Gasol too so if we were ever to trade Roy to get a guy like Josh Smith, I'd really want us to try and go after Gasol.

Justin Tyme
04-29-2011, 06:26 PM
This isn't my wish list, but some players I have an interest in for the Pacers. These are what I feel are realistic possibilities instead of players that can't be realistically gotten such as Howard, Smith, Iggy, etc. They are not listed in any preference. I'm not even saying some are starters, just players I would like. Some are hard nose players that can play smashmouth BB. MOST all can play "D" and that is important to me.

CENTER
Kaman

PF
Tiago Splitter
Varejao
Speights
Jordan Hill
Thompson
Humphries

SF
Thad Young
D. Greene
Mbah a Moute
Ilyasova
Kleiza
Budinger

SG
Courtney Lee
Tony Allen
Gerald Henderson
Barbosa

PG
Felton
Udrih
Sessions

pwee31
04-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Threads like this remind me that this is going to be a LONG offseason.

The way the season ended + the cap space the Pacers will have = Hurry up already! haha

It'll also cause you to hope teams fail so they'll blow up their roster! lol

Jared Sullinger
04-29-2011, 07:20 PM

I don't see a single player on that list who takes us beyond .500. Maybe Stuckey, who reputedly has attitude issues.

If that's what we're choosing from, I'd just save the cap-space for 2012.

vnzla81
04-29-2011, 08:34 PM
I don't see a single player on that list who takes us beyond .500. Maybe Stuckey, who reputedly has attitude issues.

If that's what we're choosing from, I'd just save the cap-space for 2012.

This way of thinking makes no sense, the Pacers would need a minimum of 13 players and 15 max, only 10 players would be under contract for next year, meaning that we need to sign at least 3 more, do you really expect the Pacers to only sign people that are only going to put them over .500?

If we have an opportunity to replace Dun with AK47(7mil), TJ with Vujacic(3mil) Solo with Hayes(3mil) and Mcbob with Landry(5mil) you don't think we could be an over .500 team with this roster? I do.

DC,PG,Danny,Landry,Roy

Bench: Vujacic, Rush, AK47, Tyler, Hayes and we would still have AJ,DJ and Posey.

The Pacers would also keep the flexibility of been under the cap for 2012 for when the big guys become free agents.

daschysta
04-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Pick up talent cheaply, don't overpay for mediocre players, dont' be the bucks.

2012 has much more intriguing free agents, and on the plus side I don't see guys like kevin love, and eric gordon as guys who are obsessed with a "big market" or forming superteams.

(PS I wish we could find a way to bring howard here :drools:

daschysta
04-29-2011, 08:52 PM
This way of thinking makes no sense, the Pacers would need a minimum of 13 players and 15 max, only 10 players would be under contract for next year, meaning that we need to sign at least 3 more, do you really expect the Pacers to only sign people that are only going to put them over .500?

If we have an opportunity to replace Dun with AK47(7mil), TJ with Vujacic(3mil) Solo with Hayes(3mil) and Mcbob with Landry(5mil) you don't think we could be an over .500 team with this roster? I do.

DC,PG,Danny,Landry,Roy

Bench: Vujacic, Rush, AK47, Tyler, Hayes and we would still have AJ,DJ and Posey.

The Pacers would also keep the flexibility of been under the cap for 2012 for when the big guys become free agents.

Seriously.

It's not out of the question that were above .500 next year going in with the same roster. We were already above it under frank, and likey would have been well above it minus the chemistry issues that spurred the six game losing streak.

A years improvement from DC, Hibbert, Paul George and Psycho T give us a very good chance to push mid 40's, plus now we have a big confdience boost and motivator from coming so close in the playoffs.

Nateorade
04-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Why is there no talk of Z Randolph? I know we would probably pay a high price given his numbers, but he is leading Memphis over the Spurs. It would give us a solid post up player and allow Tyler Hansbrough to spark energy off the bench if we are looking just at next season I see no better player. Although I do think you can make an argument that we would be better served to try and steal somebody at a low price (Oden) and save most of our cash for 2012.

itzryan07
04-29-2011, 09:08 PM
u guys want vujacic on this team? he sucks

daschysta
04-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Why is there no talk of Z Randolph? I know we would probably pay a high price given his numbers, but he is leading Memphis over the Spurs. It would give us a solid post up player and allow Tyler Hansbrough to spark energy off the bench if we are looking just at next season I see no better player. Although I do think you can make an argument that we would be better served to try and steal somebody at a low price (Oden) and save most of our cash for 2012.

He already signed an extension with the grizz.

itzryan07
04-29-2011, 09:12 PM
i want OJ MAYO! if we get him, we don't need Eric Gordon. OJ is just as good. I want Nene at PF. He is such a strong finisher, was dunking all over the thunder, also brings toughness. I want Lance as our backup pg. Watching Larry talk about him, he seems so promising and all that is getting in his way is his immaturity.

itzryan07
04-29-2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD0Sc9e-Dmo

Indy4eva
04-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey guys,
long-time reader, first-time poster. So be nice!!!

I've been thinking about our PF needs, and I have a trade idea I want to run past you. Tell me what you think:

Indy trades: Paul George, Posey's expiring, this year's first
Utah trades: Al Jefferson

Why we do this: well, Jefferson is a beast on the block and showed renewed defensive intensity this past season. At 6'10'', he'd create a long front court when paired with Hibbert. In fact, I think we'd have perhaps the most badass front court in the Eastern Conference. Al is only 26 or 27, and I think he started all 82 games last year. We lose a young talent in George, but I think we get the better end of this deal since George's skill-set overlaps with Danny's a bit.

Why Utah does this: When they traded for Derrick Favors they gave themselves a little bit of a dilemma since Favors will cut into both Al's and Millsap's minutes unless there is a trade. Even though he is really young, I get the sense that most people think he's ready to take the next step. Also, most of the mock drafts have Utah taking another big with their 6th pick this year (BPA), creating a veritable logjam. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be interested in George since they are rebuilding and are weak in the wings.

What do you think?

vnzla81
04-29-2011, 09:31 PM
u guys want vujacic on this team? he sucks

9.8ppg 2.8 apg and 2.0 rpg for a bench player is pretty good.

itzryan07
04-29-2011, 09:36 PM

for a guy that really really can't play defense. Not even that he doesn't want to. He can't, guys score on him so easily.

vnzla81
04-29-2011, 09:42 PM
for a guy that really really can't play defense. Not even that he doesn't want to. He can't, guys score on him so easily.

He is actually a pretty good defender, gets to agressive sometimes, but it looks like the time he got to expend with Kobe helped him.

itzryan07
04-29-2011, 09:44 PM
He is actually a pretty good defender, gets to agressive sometimes, but it looks like the time he got to expend with Kobe helped him.

i guess, still don't like him. We already have AJ and Lance.

Jared Sullinger
04-29-2011, 09:55 PM

DC,PG,Danny,Landry,Roy

I may have misread you. I was under the impression that you wanted the guys listed to be our "major" signings, which would be atrocious, probably even more so than Detroit's and Milwaukee's free agent signings. If singing any of your guys leaves us the space to go after two first-tier free agents in 2012, I could live with it I suppose.

itzryan07
04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
if we do get Mayo, i think we should trade Granger. I don't want PG or Mayo to have to go to the bench. Mayo at sg and PG at sf

hoosierguy
04-29-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't know that Landry is the best option out there, but I definitely think he is better than Tyler at the moment.

Not to mention, in the playoffs, Landry has games of 8, 16, 23, 12 and 17 while Tyler has 14, 4, 10, 6, and 22. I love Hansbrough, and Landry/Hans is better than Hans/McRoberts.

Landry has Chris Paul setting him up for easy buckets. He is not better than Hansbrough.

Landry does not make the Pacers a better team. A 6'7 PF? Seriously?

Justin Tyme
04-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Landry does not make the Pacers a better team. A 6'7 PF? Seriously?

I'd like to have a dollar for everytime it's been pointed out over the last 2 years that Landry ISN'T 6'7" BUT 6'9"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charles Barkley, the Round Mound of Rebound, didn't even come close to being 6'7" but was around 6'5".

vnzla81
04-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Landry did an amazing job againts Gasol and Bynum, he plays bigger than 6'9'' like somebody else already said I rather have the Tyler/Landry duo than the Tyler/Josh duo.

Justin Tyme
04-29-2011, 11:21 PM
if we do get Mayo, i think we should trade Granger. I don't want PG or Mayo to have to go to the bench. Mayo at sg and PG at sf

Who wants Mayo? Have you been watching Mayo's replacement as starting SG, Tony Allen, tonight in Memphis/SA game 6?

Why trade Granger if the Pacers get Mayo who isn't even a starter? That's a recipe for disaster if you do.

itzryan07
04-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Who wants Mayo? Have you been watching Mayo's replacement as starting SG, Tony Allen, tonight in Memphis/SA game 6?

Why trade Granger if the Pacers get Mayo who isn't even a starter? That's a recipe for disaster if you do.

who doesn't want mayo other memphis? Mayo is a starter in this league. He is a natural born scorer. U kno he got moved to the bench to make their bench better right? And if u were watching the game tonight u would of heard the commentators say that Mayo belongs as a starter at the SG. how the hell u going to ask who wants Mayo. removed

daschysta
04-30-2011, 01:58 AM
who doesn't want mayo other memphis? Mayo is a starter in this league. He is a natural born scorer. U kno he got moved to the bench to make their bench better right? And if u were watching the game tonight u would of heard the commentators say that Mayo belongs as a starter at the SG. how the hell u going to ask who wants Mayo. Dumbass

There isn't a single gm in the league that see's granger and mayo as in the same universe as players. The suggestion to trade granger so that MAYO isn't on the bench is absolutely ridiculous. If the rest of the leauge wanted mayo so bad then we wouldn't have been close to having him for josh effing mcroberts at the deadline, some other team would have easily been able to beat that offer.

itzryan07
04-30-2011, 02:07 AM
There isn't a single gm in the league that see's granger and mayo as in the same universe as players. The suggestion to trade granger so that MAYO isn't on the bench is absolutely ridiculous. If the rest of the leauge wanted mayo so bad then we wouldn't have been close to having him for josh effing mcroberts at the deadline, some other team would have easily been able to beat that offer.

what makes Granger better than Mayo?

righteouscool
04-30-2011, 02:09 AM

He averaged 26 ppg as the Pacers main offensive focus?

I want Mayo too, but you're being ridiculous and rude about it

daschysta
04-30-2011, 02:11 AM

Superior stats, despite greater defensive attention, superior shooter, scorer, rebounder, hasn't been demoted to the bench and nearly traded away for a mediocre power forward, has good size for his position unlike mayo, Granger has actually gotten better most seasons he's been in the league, while mayo has regressed since his rookie season, he's been an all star... The list goes on and on. You won't find one single credible person that would take mayo over granger. I hope some GM's think like you though I'd love to think we can pawn off mayo calibre players for a couple more grangers.

Are you his brother or something?

ilive4sports
04-30-2011, 04:34 AM

Wait, what? Please tell me I didn't read this correctly. You want us to get OJ Mayo and then trade Granger to allow Mayo to start? How does this make sense at all? You do know we almost had Mayo for Josh McRoberts, right?

This may be the worst idea I have ever read on PD.

rwill784
04-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Landry did an amazing job againts Gasol and Bynum, he plays bigger than 6'9'' like somebody else already said I rather have the Tyler/Landry duo than the Tyler/Josh duo.

Yeah, Landry is a good player could be a allstar in the East. He is a good scorer and rebounder and he plays good defense. West is good but only as a scorer, his defense is bad and he rebounding is average for someone who plays the minutes he does.

Josh Smith
Landry
Glen Davis
West

And to the poster who said something about dropping Granger for Mayo....I kinda get what you are saying but the dumb thing would be to drop Danny now without even knowing what PG brings to the table. I'm as big of a fan of PG as the next man, but before you place the mantle of being the next big thing on his shoulders maybe you may wanna see how he progresses before dropping this franchises best player and a proven allstar. If PG starts to post those T-Mac like numbers and we have OJ and he's producing then you have no choice but to do it in respect to Danny and not spitting in his face asking him to be a number 3. But for all we know PG could be average or worse.

My cousin is a sixers fan and swore up and down that Thad Young was the second coming of TMac and how much they should drop Iggy to give the kid shine and etc. But Thad is nothing more than a poor mans Antone Jamison.

Promise and potential are great but reality is what I live for.

Anthem
04-30-2011, 09:06 AM
We don't need more bench players. We need starters at least as good as Danny.

Although if we can get Mayo for cheap, he's a great pickup (even if he comes off the bench).

itzryan07
04-30-2011, 10:31 AM
wait but one thing u guys are not getting is if we do trade Granger we would get another good piece added. Its not like we would be giving him away for free

PacerPride33
04-30-2011, 11:16 AM
What kind of contract is Landry going to be getting from the Hornets, they may see him as their franchise 4 and not let him walk. What direction would the Pacers go then? Some talk about Kenyon Martin, but he is already 34 I think

PacerPride33
04-30-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm starting to think overpaying for Nene a little bit would be worth it. 4 years/45-50 mil?

PacerPride33
04-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Doubt Denver lets him walk

Professor S
04-30-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm starting to think overpaying for Nene a little bit would be worth it. 4 years/45-50 mil?

I agree 100%. He's a borderline All-Star as a big in the East. He would provide inside toughness we haven't seen since the Davis boys walked through the door.

Justin Tyme
04-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Dumbass

Maybe you should try looking in the mirror with a comment of such!!! If you can't converse to me in a civil fashion, then DON'T! I don't have time for stupid childish name calling.

I watched the game and Mayo was basically invisable. At the beginning of the year b4 Allen came, Memphis had Xavier Henry, a rookie, starting over Mayo. If Mayo is so valuable, why did Memphis get Allen, or why were they willing to trade Mayo to the Pacers when they supposedly needed his bench scoring to get into the playoffs? Obviously, Mayo isn't as valuable to them as some would like to think!

Justin Tyme
04-30-2011, 12:53 PM

You'll lose the highlite reel dunks and the passing, but you'll get better "D", more point production, and more experience with Landry over McBob.

Hicks
04-30-2011, 01:05 PM
I forgot to add Chuck Hayes to my list for a possible backup center/power foward.

pacers74
04-30-2011, 01:07 PM
You'll lose the highlite reel dunks and the passing, but you'll get better "D", more point production, and more experience with Landry over McBob.

Landry will get you more points and he plays descent defense, but if you get rid of Josh remember Landry can't play any center at all.

Depending the price I would love to get Landry, but I would not pay too much for him. I am not sure how he would play next to Roy either. I am a Purdue guy so I have loved Landry for a long time, but we should target more of a PF/C than just a smaller PF. The one smaller PF that I do want is Milsap. He is more of banger than Landry.

IUfan4life
04-30-2011, 01:11 PM
I would do whatever it takes to get Nene. Also, I would love to get my hands on Chuck Hayes.

Here is my question though. When does the CBA run out? Is it after the start of free agency?

Justin Tyme
04-30-2011, 01:11 PM
you're being ridiculous and rude about it

AMEN!

wintermute
04-30-2011, 03:43 PM

That's not overpaying. Nene's player option next year is worth $11.6m, which is in the same range as your proposed offer. If Nene opts out, he'll be looking for a bigger payday.

itzryan07
04-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Maybe you should try looking in the mirror with a comment of such!!! If you can't converse to me in a civil fashion, then DON'T! I don't have time for stupid childish name calling.

I watched the game and Mayo was basically invisable. At the beginning of the year b4 Allen came, Memphis had Xavier Henry, a rookie, starting over Mayo. If Mayo is so valuable, why did Memphis get Allen, or why were they willing to trade Mayo to the Pacers when they supposedly needed his bench scoring to get into the playoffs? Obviously, Mayo isn't as valuable to them as some would like to think!

o so u think this game is all about scoring? If u were watching then, u would have saw that when the Spurs to the lead by 1 in the 4th, they immediately swapped Tony allen for OJ. And while he was in the game the Grizzlies went on an 8-0 run. its not all about scoring in this game u know that right?

Jared Sullinger
04-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I think Mayo very possibly could have been on his way to being a Granger-level player (low 20s scoring; decent overall game) before his setback this season. I think our management knows it, too, which is why they seem determined to land him (if Wells is right) while his stock is so low.

Justin Tyme
04-30-2011, 06:01 PM
o so u think this game is all about scoring? If u were watching then, u would have saw that when the Spurs to the lead by 1 in the 4th, they immediately swapped Tony allen for OJ. And while he was in the game the Grizzlies went on an 8-0 run. its not all about scoring in this game u know that right?

Tony Allen plays better "D" than Mayo will ever play. Did you notice Allen's 4 steals, and the half court pass to Conley streaking towards the basket for a layup? Yes, there is more to a player than scoring. ;) That's why Tony Allen starts and Mayo doesn't. That's why Memphis was willing to trade him at the trade deadline.

When Memphis got Mayo, they tried him at PG which was a miserable failure. He doesn't have the tools to be much more than a scorer. If that was all there was to the game of BB that would be great, but it isn't. I'd rather have an all around player than 1 who specializes in just one aspect of the game.

Hicks
04-30-2011, 06:52 PM
I'd rather have an all around player than 1 who specializes in just one aspect of the game.

Yet you want Tony Allen?

itzryan07
04-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Tony Allen plays better "D" than Mayo will ever play. Did you notice Allen's 4 steals, and the half court pass to Conley streaking towards the basket for a layup? Yes, there is more to a player than scoring. ;) That's why Tony Allen starts and Mayo doesn't. That's why Memphis was willing to trade him at the trade deadline.

When Memphis got Mayo, they tried him at PG which was a miserable failure. He doesn't have the tools to be much more than a scorer. If that was all there was to the game of BB that would be great, but it isn't. I'd rather have an all around player than 1 who specializes in just one aspect of the game.

wait, wait, wait. Kevin Durant is really only a scorer. Just look at his stats, he averages like 3 assist for his career. U wouldn't want him on your team? Tony Allen only specializes in one aspect of the game, defense. Other than that he isn't an offensive threat, yea he will get dunks here and there.

Marlin
04-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Chuck Hayes. Really all you want in a defensive enforcer from the bench, the perfect heir to Jeff IMO.

Justin Tyme
05-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Yet you want Tony Allen?

That's correct.

Tony Allen

20:48 MPG... 51% FGA... 75% FT... 2.7 Reb... 2 SPG... 9 PPG

Plays tenacious "D" with energy and has a good BB IQ.

That to me is an all around player. "The type player I would like to see the Pacers acquire." PG is the SG of the future, but having a player like Allen just solidifies the SG spot. You don't give up backcourt "D" at the SG when either one is playing. A little extra is Allen can play some PG. With his size, that can be a definate plus at times. JMOAA

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 11:15 AM
That's correct.

Tony Allen

That to me is an all around player. "The type player I would like to see the Pacers acquire." PG is the SG of the future, but having a player like Allen just solidifies the SG spot. You don't give up backcourt "D" at the SG when either one is playing. A little extra is Allen can play some PG. With his size, that can be a definate plus at times. JMOAA

I think we have the same type of player on DJ.

itzryan07
05-01-2011, 01:48 PM
That's correct.

Tony Allen

what?! Allen cannot play "some" pg. Never once have i seen him play pg. OJ Mayo can play "some" pg.

itzryan07
05-01-2011, 01:54 PM
y did Zach Randolph have to sign the extension. He is the best player in the playoffs so far

ksuttonjr76
05-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Sigh...I'm not sure why everyone is trying to move Tyler and George to the bench.

Our starting 5 should be...

Collison
George
Granger
Hansbrough
Hibbert

PERIOD. LET THEM GROW! My concern at this point would be to fill in the holes behind the starting 5. Personally, I'm not a fan of AJ Price, but I would LOVE to see Lance Stephenson get some PT to see if he can fill our "big" PG role. I would prefer to keep D. Jones, because the man can play some defense, and can get to the FT line. I like Josh McRoberts, but my preference would be to get a tougher PF behind Tyler. Dunleavy could be worth a resign to give the second unit some offense. Foster's time has passed, so I would rather see us go younger at the backup C spot. The players that I would like to see Indiana go after IF we're not chasing a blockbuster trade....

Tyson Chandler (Yep, I would put him on the bench)
Rodney Stuckey
Jose Juan Barea
Chris Wilcox
Louis Amundson
DeAndre Jordan
Mario Chalmers
Mike Bibby
Kris Humphries
Spencer Hawes
Aaron Brooks
Samuel Dalembert
Andrei Kirilenko (Slide him to the PF spot)

BringJackBack
05-01-2011, 02:53 PM
There's nothing wrong with being a bench player. Let Tyler become one of the best bench players in the league right up there with Lamar Odom, Jason Terry, and Jamal Crawford two years from now.

Let George grow from the bench as he's not ready offensively yet. When he is ready let him blossom. He gets way more touches off the bench too.

We need upgrades at the two and four, and if we move George and Tyler to the bench we can potentially have one of the best benches in the NBA depending on who the backup point and small forward is

vnzla81
05-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Ad Greivis Vasquez to the wishlist, good ball handler, good floor general, amazing floor vision and he is 6'5'' :-o I would trade a 1st round pick for him and never look back.

http://www.hispanosnba.com/imagenes/jugadores_img/greivis-vasquez.jpg

rwill784
05-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Ad Greivis Vasquez to the wishlist, good ball handler, good floor general, amazing floor vision and he is 6'5'' :-o I would trade a 1st round pick for him and never look back.

http://www.hispanosnba.com/imagenes/jugadores_img/greivis-vasquez.jpg

I'd rather get Shannon Brown for all that

Sookie
05-01-2011, 03:39 PM
We competed with the Bulls because we have good/solid role players, we don't need any more of those.

What we need is a few players at about Grangers level.

My wishlist would be NeNe and Iggy. And I'd give up anyone not named Paul George, Danny Granger, or Roy Hibbert to get them. (this is a wish list..)

Justin Tyme
05-01-2011, 04:10 PM
what?! Allen cannot play "some" pg. Never once have i seen him play pg. OJ Mayo can play "some" pg.

REALLY??

Just b/c YOU never saw it doesn't mean it is so! You must not have seen any Celtics games where he played PG b4 Rhondo came. He was more of a combo guard b4 his injury where as now he plays SG.

Memphis tried their grandiose experiment with Mayo playing PG, and it failed. Mayo could play some PG in a pinch too if it was necessary.

We can discuss Mayo vs Allen until the cows come home, and neither of us are going to change our minds or our stances on the issue. So I don't see any need for further exchange, have a great afternoon watching the Celtics and Heat game.

IndyPacer
05-01-2011, 04:25 PM
y did Zach Randolph have to sign the extension. He is the best player in the playoffs so far

I still don't want anything to do with him, so it worked out for me.

rwill784
05-01-2011, 07:27 PM
I still don't want anything to do with him, so it worked out for me.

THANK YOU!! :buddies:Took the words right out my mouth. The media and fans are so fickle as to forget that Zach always does this right when it's time for a contract. Once he gets his contract he becomes that same idiot he has been every time, and then he goes back into "cancer" status. Don't get me wrong I wish the best for him and everyone can change but I am often critical of dudes who are bungholes until their contract year.

xIndyFan
05-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Sigh...I'm not sure why everyone is trying to move Tyler and George to the bench. . .

We competed with the Bulls because we have good/solid role players, we don't need any more of those.

What we need is a few players at about Grangers level.

My wishlist would be NeNe and Iggy. And I'd give up anyone not named Paul George, Danny Granger, or Roy Hibbert to get them. (this is a wish list..)

listening to bird, his wish list is a big like nene that can play the 4 and 5. would not be surprised if nene was the guy he wants to spend all that money on. and a backup wing that can score in isolation. don't think he is interested in igoudala at all. not going to play him lots of money to be a backup. and paul george and danny will be the starters. just a guess, but bird looks like a guy with his rotation basically set except for a couple of new guys.

PG - darren/lance
SG/SF - paul/danny/new guy
PF - new guy/tyler
C - roy

Major Cold
05-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I'd rather get Shannon Brown for all that

Hey I was thinking about Brown this morning.

Could he be a 6th man that can be the backup SG/PG and play 25+ minutes?

I know he can guard 1s, but can he run an offense outside of the triangle (which is not ran by the 1)?

xIndyFan
05-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Hey I was thinking about Brown this morning.

Could he be a 6th man that can be the backup SG/PG and play 25+ minutes?

I know he can guard 1s, but can he run an offense outside of the triangle (which is not ran by the 1)?

brown is an athlete instead of a basketball player. he is more an undersized SG than a combo guard. he cannot shoot very well. and he is a gunner if given half a chance. LA has the easiest offense to be a PG in. they tried him there and it didn't work. there are about a billion guys that would be a better fit than shannon brown.

Major Cold
05-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I want a combo off the bench. But I do not want Stuckey.

xIndyFan
05-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I want a combo off the bench. But I do not want Stuckey.

stuckey was just an example of the skill set needed. there are more combo guard types around than any other position. getting one to backup paul and danny should be fairly easy and inexpensive.

I Love P
05-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Although it was difficult for me to find any that I absolutely wanted, I made a list of a few unrestricted and restricted free agents that I would welcome this summer.

Note: I chose nobody with a tag next to their name that read: ETO = Early Termination Option; P = Player Option; T = Team Option

Unrestricted:

Jamal Crawford
Anthony Parker
Tyson Chandler
Kenyon Martin
Tayshaun Prince
Shane Battier
Jason Richardson
Grant Hill

Restricted:

Deandre Jordan
Marc Gasol
Thaddeus Young
Nick Young

There isn't a name on that list or other available free agent that I'm saying, "I really want this guy or we have to land him." Im thinking more like, "I'll take them." Not too exciting thats for sure.

Here is the 2011 NBA free agenet list from ESPN. 2012 is also listed:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-11-12

dgranger17
05-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Of that list... Hill or Battier (leadership Larry is talking about), K-Mart (assuming him and Lance aren't a bad combination), and Gasol (put him at the 4, **** it) would be good.

Give me Chuck Hayes. I want Chuck Hayes. We need Chuck Hayes. I'd throw him 4yrs $20 million and hope for the best.

Tayshaun quit on his team, so I don't want him at all. He'll be in LA, OKC, SA, Boston, Miami, or Chicago anyway I'm sure.

I love Larry

Jared Sullinger
05-04-2011, 11:28 AM
I'd love to get DeAndre Jordan. A monster rebounder and shot blocker and an efficient, albeit limited, scorer, who's still just 22.

troyc11a
05-04-2011, 11:40 AM
I'd love to get DeAndre Jordan. A monster rebounder and shot blocker and an efficient, albeit limited, scorer, who's still just 22.

If we can pick up a quality scorer before we address our big, Jordan is no doubt my no#1 choice too. If we get Mayo, who cares about offense at the 4? I want the biggest, baddest, defender we can get. He is going to be a monster on the boards. And he would not require the offense to be ran thru him so Danny, Roy and the FA can be the primary scoring options!

Hayes is only 6'6. He is a smaller version of Tyler. We need to get bigger not smaller.

NapTonius Monk
05-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Unfortunately, Elgin Baylor is not walking through that negotiating door.

troyc11a
05-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately, Elgin Baylor is not walking through that negotiating door.

But isnt he a RFA? Would be worth a nice contract and it might be hard for LAC to match with guys like Griffin and Gordon.

Foul on Smits
05-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I vote save the money

naptownmenace
05-04-2011, 12:07 PM
But isnt he a RFA? Would be worth a nice contract and it might be hard for LAC to match with guys like Griffin and Gordon.

The Clippers will have plenty of money to match any offer he may get this Summer. They could have as much as 30-40 million in cap space the year they need to extend both Gordon and Griffin so I don't think they'll mind paying Deandre Jordan.

pacer4ever
05-04-2011, 12:53 PM
The Clippers will have plenty of money to match any offer he may get this Summer. They could have as much as 30-40 million in cap space the year they need to extend both Gordon and Griffin so I don't think they'll mind paying Deandre Jordan.

They will certinly pay him the biggest reason is to keep Blake Griffin happy they are best friends off the court and perfect match on the court.

esabyrn333
05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Instead of using the money for free agents I would like to use it on the trade market. I see these guys as possible targets this summer and with all of the cap space we are not held back with the issue of matching salaries

Andree Igudulla

O.J. Mayo

Josh Smith

Chris Kamaan

troyc11a
05-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Instead of using the money for free agents I would like to use it on the trade market. I see these guys as possible targets this summer and with all of the cap space we are not held back with the issue of matching salaries

Andree Igudulla

O.J. Mayo

Josh Smith

Chris Kamaan

I like Iggy or Mayo. I would have to pass on Smith and Kamaan. Kamaan is a Center and not sure he is an upgrade over Hibbert. Smith is a 3/4. We need a banger who is a 4/5. If Granger is traded, then to me Smith could be an option and a pretty good one. It would be nice to see what potential trade options are for "bigs" though.

CableKC
05-04-2011, 01:59 PM

Andree Igudulla

O.J. Mayo

Josh Smith

Chris Kamaan
None of them are FA....they maybe Players that their Team wants to move....but there is nothing to match here....they are signed with their respective Teams going into this season. We maybe able to make a trade to acquire them...but we can't sign them cuz they are not Free Agents to begin with.

cdash
05-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I vote to re-sign Foster to a cheaper deal, poke around at Shane Battier to see what kind of money he wants, and use the rest of the money (the bulk of it) to get creative in trades. It's really hard to project much of anything with a new CBA coming our way.

BornReady
05-04-2011, 02:43 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=64047

CableKC
05-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I vote to re-sign Foster to a cheaper deal, poke around at Shane Battier to see what kind of money he wants, and use the rest of the money (the bulk of it) to get creative in trades. It's really hard to project much of anything with a new CBA coming our way.
I think that the Grizzlies FO recognize that he's one of those Players that "make the engine work the right way". My guess is that the Grizzlies will try to re-sign Battier to continue what they have built there.

CableKC
05-04-2011, 02:47 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=64047
Yeah....Hicks or Peck should just merge this thread with the other one.

dgranger17
05-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah....Hicks or Peck should just merge this thread with the other one.

that thread shouldn't count because the poster only named 3 people, and 2 of them were oj mayo and greg oden.

chuck hayes is a 6-6 power forward/center who loves defense and has put up some nice assist numbers in his day. He will also probably be relatively cheap. I don't see a downside. If Miami gets him, Wade will have more rings than Kobe

PacersFan1991
05-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Why would you want Chandler? We already have Roy, and neither would move to the PF spot, where we already have Psycho T there hopefully for the future.

CableKC
05-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Why would you want Chandler? We already have Roy, and neither would move to the PF spot, where we already have Psycho T there hopefully for the future.
Sorry, but I don't think that Hansbrough should be the Starting PF that we are looking for. I think that he's much better as the 1st PF off the bench playing about 24 to 28 mpg.

CableKC
05-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Although this is clearly "gray area" when it comes to adding Players in the Offseason, I want to bring over Stanko to have him fill out the Frontcourt rotation.

esabyrn333
05-04-2011, 06:16 PM
None of them are FA....they maybe Players that their Team wants to move....but there is nothing to match here....they are signed with their respective Teams going into this season. We maybe able to make a trade to acquire them...but we can't sign them cuz they are not Free Agents to begin with.

That is what I was saying instead of focusing on FA I would be looking for trades.

Being under the cap means you don't have to match the other teams salary.

I.E. we could trade for Mayo and they would get back a trade exception.

PacerPride33
05-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Realistically, what are the chances the Hawks actually let Crawford walk this off-season? I am undecided if the Pacers should really pursuit him this off-season. Yes he'd contribute to the team, but is he worth spending 6-9 million a year on and hes already in his 30s?

vnzla81
05-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Ad JJ Varea to the list.

ECKrueger
05-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Ha, as soon as I saw your name I knew you were going to say you wanted to add Barea to the wishlish.

Would he actually do well here or is he just looking good tonight? I don't pay attention to Dallas.

vnzla81
05-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Ha, as soon as I saw your name I knew you were going to say you wanted to add Barea to the wishlish.

Would he actually do well here or is he just looking good tonight? I don't pay attention to Dallas.

I forgot to ad him before until today, I've paying attention to him all year and he normally plays like that.

ECKrueger
05-05-2011, 01:04 AM
We have any shot at him, or just wishing?

vnzla81
05-05-2011, 01:05 AM
We have any shot at him, or just wishing?

He is a free agent I think.

KingGeorge
05-05-2011, 01:08 AM
He is a free agent I think.

He is unrestricted and the Mavs still have to worry about signing Butler and Chandler.

Barea would be a very nice addition.

ECKrueger
05-05-2011, 01:09 AM
He is unrestricted and the Mavs still have to worry about signing Butler and Chandler.

Barea would be a very nice addition.

Based only off tonight, I would have to agree.

wintermute
05-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Earl Clark is a prospect that I like. He'll be an unrestricted free agent. I think the Pacers have showed interest in him before. Since moving to the Magic he's seriously bulked up, he looks like an NBA PF now.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-05-04/sports/os-magic-earl-clark-0505-20110504_1_earl-clark-orlando-magic-magic-gm-otis-smith

Earl Clark finds new life with Orlando Magic
May 04, 2011|By Zach McCann, Orlando Sentinel

Earl Clark is thankful the Phoenix Suns agreed to trade him to the Orlando Magic as part of the six-player, blockbuster deal in mid-December.

The move to Orlando might have saved his NBA career.

Earlier this year, when the Suns declined to pick up Clark's $2 million option to keep him for the 2011-12 season — making him a free agent this summer — Clark took it personally and wondered what his NBA future would entail.

He barely played in Phoenix, had a reputation as a not-so-hard worker and was stuck between forward positions. It appeared Clark would be competing to make an NBA squad from the end of a bench on a new team next season.

But that all changed in December when the Suns sent Clark to the Magic in the deal that brought Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Richardson to Orlando.

The fresh start rejuvenated Clark, a second-year player out of Louisville.

At the suggestion of the Magic's coaching staff, he added 10 pounds of muscle within two months of arriving in Orlando. Knowing he needed to improve offensively, he went through extra shooting drills after practices and after games. He studied lots and lots of film with Magic assistants.

Those assertions of poor work ethic? The Magic didn't see it.

"It's been a good experience for me, coming to a team that accepted me with open arms," said Clark, 23. "I just look forward to staying here and building it with the team."

Clark, an unrestricted free agent, will gauge interest from other teams this summer, although he did say "I don't want to play anywhere else." Magic GM Otis Smith said he likes Clark but the two sides have not begun talks on a new contract.

Clark has the potential to be a legitimate forward, at either spot. He now weighs almost 250 pounds and his wingspan is 7 feet, 2 inches, second on the Magic to only Dwight Howard's 7-foot-5 reach. But even with that size, Clark is still quick and athletic enough to defend opposing threes.

Clark demonstrated his defensive ability at times this year, helping limit Kevin Durant and LeBron James to sub-par performances during the regular season. Magic coach Stan Van Gundy has said several times he believes Clark can be a "special" defender in the NBA.

"His potential as a defensive player and as a defensive impact guy is unlimited," Van Gundy said, "if he can get down some better team defensive principles and focus and if he can truly understand that his route to being a special player in this league lies at the defensive end."

Clark's offensive skills are still raw and he doesn't always seem to grasp the team's defensive scheme. That's what kept him on the bench in this year's playoffs.

But with a little hard work, Clark thinks he can play next season — for some team.

"If I come in and do what I'm supposed to do, I don't see why I'm not going to crack the rotation and play a lot of minutes," Clark said.

This summer, Clark plans to work with Magic strength and conditioning coach Joe Rogowski, watch a lot of film, improve his jumper and make sure he knows Orlando's plays and system heading into training camp next year.

"I want to be a great overall player, not just one-dimensional," Clark said.

zmccann@orlandosentinel.com. Read his blog at OrlandoSentinel.com/magicblog.

Gamble1
05-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Realistically, what are the chances the Hawks actually let Crawford walk this off-season? I am undecided if the Pacers should really pursuit him this off-season. Yes he'd contribute to the team, but is he worth spending 6-9 million a year on and hes already in his 30s?
They have 7 guys signed for 65 million. Factor in the NBA Darft and filling out the roster they will be around 70 million without signing Crawford. I am sure they would love to have him back but unless he takes a big pay cut then I just don't see them paying the LT for him.

I think he is worth it but I would look at other options like a trade for another sg who can get his own shot and close games out.

Earl Clark is a prospect that I like. He'll be an unrestricted free agent. I think the Pacers have showed interest in him before. Since moving to the Magic he's seriously bulked up, he looks like an NBA PF now.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-05-04/sports/os-magic-earl-clark-0505-20110504_1_earl-clark-orlando-magic-magic-gm-otis-smith (http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-05-04/sports/os-magic-earl-clark-0505-20110504_1_earl-clark-orlando-magic-magic-gm-otis-smith)
I think we could get Earl pretty cheap but I would want a guy like Hayes over him.

IUfan4life
05-08-2011, 05:46 PM
with the rumors swirling around in laker land, Pau Gasol anyone? How much would you give to get him?

pwee31
05-08-2011, 07:28 PM
with the rumors swirling around in laker land, Pau Gasol anyone? How much would you give to get him?

Don't see us having anything the Lakers want other than Granger and that's a maybe.

They want to get back to contender status, I expect the only way Pau is traded is for a superstar like Howard, or a superstar point guard

pianoman
05-08-2011, 08:03 PM
We could definitely get in and snatch Gasol or Odom in a 3 team deal with the 3rd team looking for salary cap relief. If the Magic look to trade Howard, I could see us getting involved.

Ideally, I'd like to see two of the following players on our team next year:

Andre Igoudala- Posey, BRush, tpe, +1st rd pick
Tyson Chandler-free agent
Jason Richardson- free agent
David West-ETO
Lamar Odom-Posey, Lance, 2 future 1sts

Trade for Jarrett Jack (S&T McRoberts + AJ Price)

Ideally, this is the team I'd like to see next season:

Collison/Jack
George/Richardson
Granger/Jones
West/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Foster

I don't think it's too far out of reach. Thoughts?

pacer4ever
05-08-2011, 08:44 PM
We could definitely get in and snatch Gasol or Odom in a 3 team deal with the 3rd team looking for salary cap relief. If the Magic look to trade Howard, I could see us getting involved.

Ideally, I'd like to see two of the following players on our team next year:

Andre Igoudala- Posey, BRush, tpe, +1st rd pick
Tyson Chandler-free agent
Jason Richardson- free agent
David West-ETO
Lamar Odom-Posey, Lance, 2 future 1sts

Trade for Jarrett Jack (S&T McRoberts + AJ Price)

Ideally, this is the team I'd like to see next season:

Collison/Jack
George/Richardson
Granger/Jones
West/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Foster

I don't think it's too far out of reach. Thoughts?

What are we the Knicks trading all our picks? until like 2033

pianoman
05-08-2011, 09:06 PM
If you're referring to the Odom and Igoudala trades, they are both proposals. I didn't mean for them to be combined. I'd rather not trade our future picks, but I couldn't care less about this years..

pwee31
05-08-2011, 09:31 PM
I think I'd be happy with Nene, Landry and Mayo.

Sign Nene and Landry. Trade 1st for Mayo

I think those 3 make our team better, and still leave us with some flexibility to see what 2012 brings.

PG: Collison, Price, Stephenson
SG: George, Mayo (or vice versa), Rush
SF: Granger, Dahntay Jones
PF: Hansbrough, Landry, Posey
C: Nene, Hibbert, Foster

I really like the depth of that team is Hibbert is willing to come off the bench. You could say play Nene at the PF spot, but I prefer this. Hibbert can be big threat in 2nd unit, and Foster can get spot energy minutes in case of foul trouble.

Hansbrough and Landry and hold down the PF spot, moving Nene or Foster there if needed.

Similar wings swapping out Dunleavy for Mayo, and the same PG rotation.

A few players can still be traded or released to make room for more moves, like backup PG if Price and Stephenson don't plan out.

Not a bad team, and it continues to allow for future moves, while making the roster better.

trailrunner
05-08-2011, 10:00 PM

Dwight Howard will somehow end up as a Laker with Kobe I believe. Lakers may try to obtain him this summer via S/T.

trailrunner
05-08-2011, 10:02 PM

First and Rush?

pianoman
05-09-2011, 06:37 AM
First and Rush?

The way Mayo is playing right now, there is absolutely no way we're getting him for that kind of package. I'm betting OJ will not be traded this offseason.

Marlin
05-09-2011, 10:27 AM

It would probably be in a three team trade, but I'd do it if we could keep Danny and Paul. It would cost at least DC, Roy and a future 1st, I guess.
Then beg Chandler to come here as a FA knowing he'd pair with Gasol on the frontline, draft Reggie Jackson, and you have a gem of a team.

Jackson - George - Granger - Gasol - Chandler

Yeah I know, wishful thinking. But isn't this thread serving this purpose? :p

esabyrn333
05-09-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't know much about Nene. Could he be the PF that we need (Dale Davis type) or is he strictly a center?

What are his strengths and weakness.

I didn't think this needed its own thread but all we are talking about are SG's and I think PF is a stronger need at this time.

If not Nene who should we be looking at.

trailrunner
05-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Resign Foster & McBob to cost effective contracts and sign Landry. Trade Collison, Rush, and our first to Minnesota for their lottery first and draft Irving. we have our 2 stars and solid backups everywhere.

aaronb
05-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Trade our 1st for Mayo.
Sign Oden

Manguera
05-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Here's my official wishlist.

Step 1: Sign Nene to a contract around 4 yrs/$54M, avg $13.5/year

Step 2: Trade Hibs+ Posey + future protected (2013 or 2014)1st round pick for Josh Smith. Atlanta needs to dump some salary and this would save them $4M right off the bat, another $7M when posey expires, and possibly even more depending on the CBA. Plus that would allow Horford to move to his natural PF position.

Step3: S&T McBob+2011 1st+ Rush/Lance for Mayo.

That puts our payroll for next year around $54-$56M.

Step 4: Resign Foster and bring over Stanko to round out the front court.

PG- DC/AJ/Lance or 2nd rd pick
SG- PG/Mayo/Rush or 2nd rd pick
SF- Granger/DJ
PF- Smith/Hans
C- Nene/Foster/Stanko

Speed
05-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Here's my official wishlist.

Step 1: Sign Nene to a contract around 4 yrs/$54M, avg $13.5/year

Step 2: Trade Hibs+ Posey + future protected (2013 or 2014)1st round pick for Josh Smith. Atlanta needs to dump some salary and this would save them $4M right off the bat, another $7M when posey expires, and possibly even more depending on the CBA. Plus that would allow Horford to move to his natural PF position.

Step3: S&T McBob+2011 1st+ Rush/Lance for Mayo.

That puts our payroll for next year around $54-$56M.

Step 4: Resign Foster and bring over Stanko to round out the front court.

PG- DC/AJ/Lance or 2nd rd pick
SG- PG/Mayo/Rush or 2nd rd pick
SF- Granger/DJ
PF- Smith/Hans
C- Nene/Foster/Stanko

I like your thinking, but

1 - I think that could do it, from a financial perspective for Nene. It's a risk, I'm not sure he's that level of player, but he is exactly what they need, I think. I always worry about his health, though, when you tie up franchise money in a guy who isn't maybe a franchise guy.

2 - I don't see why ATL would do this at all. Josh Smith is an Allstar level player, unless ATL is cornered into a trade I don't see where this is nearly enough or the best offer they would get.

3 - That would do it for Mayo, but I think thats maybe too much for a one way (offense) player, but I would be onboard with it. Its essentially the same trade as the deadline. He's an upgrade over jittery Brandon. I wouldn't want him to keep PG from getting big minutes in years to come though.

4 - I hope they resign Jeff for 2 years at a discount, but I would not begrudge him a chance to be a back up big on a contender. I hope they bring in one of the euros, assuming its not a big buy out from their Euro team.

Really if they just do #1, its a pretty large improvement, imo, over Jeff, JMac, and Solo who they are losing from their front court. Resign Jeff or JMac, you'd have a front line that would be pretty nasty. Nene, Roy, Tyler, and Jeff/Jmac. Teams wouldn't like to play against that group.

I think you still need a Jarret Jack type back up at the Point, but this would be a nice start into the next phase.

If you get Nene, resign Jmac or Jeff, get a Jarret Jack type back up Point Guard, you could really match up against most teams on most nights.

xIndyFan
05-10-2011, 04:58 PM
been thinking about this. finally decided my wish list for this summer is simple.

The NBAPA and the NBA settle the CBA PDQ, ASAP. :D :o

The CBA has a hard cap of $60M [i.e. 51% of the BRI]. All teams need to have a roster of at least 13 players at or below the $60M number by the start of next season. Sign who you want, cut who you want, no exceptions, no RFA, no MLE, no BAE, no bird rights, no luxury tax, no nothing. just a salary cap number that you cannot be over.

If that happens, there will be a short term flood of good players available for teams with cap space to get for cheap. Pacers will be able to get the players they need and the power teams will be as even as can be with the small market teams.

:gopacers:

that's it.

Volmancagle17
05-10-2011, 06:20 PM
is greg oden actually available??

I dont see us making alot of moves for PF's in free agency. I do see us getting a Morris Twin in the draft though.. Preferrably Marcus Morris. Then after that Id love to see us get Oj Mayo in a trade. I think Eric Gordon would be wishful thinking.

1. Darren Collison
2. Oj Mayo
3. Danny Granger
4. Tyler Hansbrough
5. Roy Hibbert
Bench
6- Paul George
7- Marcus Morris
8- Aj Price
etc

BringJackBack
05-10-2011, 07:34 PM
I'll make an official 'Plan' for this offseason. Here goes nothing:

Step 1: Re-sign Vogel. If it must be so, I would be fine with Brown, but I prefer Vogel because we know who he is and he makes our guys push themselves (Not saying that Brown can't do that though). I mean, I personally think that Vogel out-coached the COTY in the Playoffs.

Step 2: Free agency. Sign Nene for 5 years/70 million. I don't think we could get away with offering him four years. He would bring balance into our offense (I'm talking 16 and 9 with .600 shooting) and be an anchor on defense. He'd become our most dependable player and he and Roy would fit picture perfect. If we get Nene, Roy could potentially have a breakout year as well.

I have confidence that Nene can play the four.

Sign Shane Battier to be a glue guy for us at the backup four spot. We need a guy like this who can stabilize the 'Goon squad'. He can be the veteran presence.

Re-sign Foster for two years. He is still a good and productive player and he would be missed if we didn't pick him up. We don't have another tough guy like him, we need that.

Step 3: Go get Mayo. I know that he's not a great player, but he's a poor man's Jamal Crawford at a cheaper price and he still has an opportunity to be a damn good productive scorer. He can hit big shots for us and we desperately need a guy who can do that. A package of a future first rounder (Our current one doesn't have much value), a re-signed Josh, and Brandon should do it. They get a pick of better value, depth in the front court, and a back up wing for cheap with no guaranteed contract.

PS- He plays good defense. Whoever said that he is a bad defender is a liar.. Just watch him in the post season.

Step 4: Draft. I prefer Markieff Morris, Darius Morris, or Reggie Jackson (Which ironically is the general consensus around here) as they all fill a need. If Alec Burks or Kawhi Leonard fall, get them instead.

Get someone in the second round who plays with energy and with passion.

Step 5: Sign Stanko. If he's supposedly this big, skilled center, than we need to bring him over. I have no idea what it would take, but I am very intrigued.

-Darren Collison, Lance Stephenson, First round draft choice, OJ Mayo, Second round draft choice, Danny Granger, Paul George, Roy Hibbert, James Posey, Tyler Hansbrough, Jeff Foster
AJ Price, Stanko Barac, Nene, Shane Batter/AK47/Tayshaun Prince

Collison/Player X/Lance/AJ
Mayo/George
Granger/Battier/George
Nene/Hansbrough/Foster
Hibbert/Foster/Barac

Or however it should go. That is one young, deep team with a hell of a lot of cap space left. We have plenty of time for George to grow into a special player, and we surround Danny with some very productive guys in Mayo, Nene, and an improved DC and Hibbert. I think that team can win 50 games, at least.

Manguera
05-10-2011, 09:28 PM
I like your thinking, but

1 - I think that could do it, from a financial perspective for Nene. It's a risk, I'm not sure he's that level of player, but he is exactly what they need, I think. I always worry about his health, though, when you tie up franchise money in a guy who isn't maybe a franchise guy.

I hear ya but unless D Howard suddenly becomes available to us, Nene is the best option out there for us and worth the risk IMO.

2 - I don't see why ATL would do this at all. Josh Smith is an Allstar level player, unless ATL is cornered into a trade I don't see where this is nearly enough or the best offer they would get.

It may not be probable but it is possible. They have $64M tied up in 7 players and they are gonna want to resign Crawford. Smith may be their best trade asset to reign in their salaries. And the only way they can get immediate cap relief is to deal with a team like us or Sacto. And besides, this IS a "wishlist" :-p

3 - That would do it for Mayo, but I think thats maybe too much for a one way (offense) player, but I would be onboard with it. Its essentially the same trade as the deadline. He's an upgrade over jittery Brandon. I wouldn't want him to keep PG from getting big minutes in years to come though.

If Mayo doesn't work out we simply decline to extend the qualifying offer after next year. It basically boils down to whether you'd rather have Rush or Mayo for the next year. I'll take Mayo. Again, worth the risk IMO.

4 - I hope they resign Jeff for 2 years at a discount, but I would not begrudge him a chance to be a back up big on a contender. I hope they bring in one of the euros, assuming its not a big buy out from their Euro team.

Word

docpaul
05-11-2011, 09:02 AM
I have a simple wish list:

1) draft Kenneth Faried
2) maintain most of our cap space this year
3) wait until the trade deadline to take advantage of highly leveraged opportunities to secure a backup guard
4) see if we can snag one of the Golden State starting guards (Curry or Ellis) as a long term scoring threat

I think the chances of us getting E. Gordon are very low. No way that LA gives him up, IMO. I also think that Hansbrough will continue to come on... he made impressive strides last year, so I'm comfortable going young in the frontcourt, as long as we get a strong young bull like Faried alongside him in the rotation. I see McRoberts ultimately as a 11-15 player on the roster, used best in spot circumstances.

graphic-er
05-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Trade our 1st for Mayo.
Sign Oden

If we did this....would you give up your Bird hate fest? ;)

Gamble1
05-11-2011, 12:00 PM
I am going to keep this simple.

My wish list:
Sign Crawford
Save money for EJ and sign him in the future
Trade for Milsap

What I think will happen:
Trade pick for Mayo
Make an offer for Nene but the Nuggets match
sign borderline starting pf ie Landry to 7 mill per contract
resign Jeff to 1 to 2 mill per
Look into bringing Barac over but it will cost too much so we wait one more year.

Overall a better team but nothing to get too excited about.

PacerGuy
05-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Just a few randon thoughts/ ideas. Not all are to be done as "one plan", but pick & choose from the ideas to help put together a plan...

-Inquire about P.Gasol. If rumors are true about the off-court issues & LA wanting to change it up, I would inquire about a Granger-Gasol based trade. I have read LA fans being somewhat open to the idea. Not saying this is a realilistic, but I'd inquire as I would love to see P.Gasol next to Roy.

-Sign Earl Clark as a b/u PF. Yeah, I know "What?", but hear me out. From what I have read about his time w/ the Magic I like what I hear & like the potential upside. He added 10+ lbs., his work ethic was praised, & satrted to gain confidence. I could see him as a L.Odom-type down the road - a great mix next to Hibbert & a change of paste to Tyler, and has a skill set we currently do not have.

-Shane Battier is a leader. We do not have a leader. Nuff said.

-Inquire about M.Camby. If Portland resigns G.Oden, they will might be looking to move him/ save cap. He is long, athletic & a needed vet.

-Save money for 1 "max player" for the trade deadline/ next year in a MUCH better class of FA's.

Too nice to be inside, more later....

PacerPride33
05-11-2011, 01:25 PM
With the way Mayo is playing in the playoffs, I'm starting to think it is going to take more than the first rounder to get him this offseason

DrFife
05-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Maybe it's the post-series hangover, but Doc Rivers is saying he wants to return:

http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html

If so, I have to wonder if Ainge might be open to trading us one of Seth's dudes - Avery Bradley - for someone who can contribute immediately. (Say, BRush or a sign-and-trade for McBob or even Foster.) He would be a wonderful acquisition.

ECKrueger
05-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Why on Earth would we want to trade Granger for Gasol?

BringJackBack
05-11-2011, 11:12 PM
I wonder if Ray Allen will be available, because they might just blow it up. He'd be the perfect acquisition. Still has mileage, is a borderline All Star, his contract would be modest, and he isn't a ball stopper and he wouldn't hurt the flow of the offense.

He's really a hell of a player and I am confident that he's still a guy who could average 22-24 PPG on a team that lacks great offense.

Hicks
05-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Why on Earth would we want to trade Granger for Gasol?

A good not great SF for a sometimes good sometimes great PF who can also spend time at center? It's obvious to me.

Just because he wouldn't make us tougher doesn't mean he wouldn't be a huge acquisition. He's incredibly skilled. Fantastically skilled.

I'd offer Granger and Posey's expiring for Gasol and Artest, with Ron to be immediately waived, if Los Angeles was interested in that.

Since Pau will be 31 next season, I'd probably ask for a draft pick or two, since Danny is a couple of years younger.

vnzla81
05-11-2011, 11:17 PM
A good not great SF for a sometimes good sometimes great PF who can also spend time at center? It's obvious to me.

Just because he wouldn't make us tougher doesn't mean he wouldn't be a huge acquisition. He's incredibly skilled. Fantastically skilled.

I think he is tough.

Hicks
05-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I think he is tough.

My point is you'll never confuse him with Zach Randolph when it comes to physically having his way in the paint.

vnzla81
05-11-2011, 11:21 PM
My point is you'll never confuse him with Zach Randolph when it comes to physically having his way in the paint.

My bad I thought you were talking about the other Gasol :blush:

05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
No lockout and a season next year.

Say it ain't so.

05-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Dwight Howard.

You did say WISHlist, right?

ECKrueger
05-12-2011, 12:00 AM

I'd offer Granger and Posey's expiring for Gasol and Artest, with Ron to be immediately waived, if Los Angeles was interested in that.

Since Pau will be 31 next season, I'd probably ask for a draft pick or two, since Danny is a couple of years younger.

I just don't see the appeal. Signing him, hypothetically, would be great. I just don't think it would be the great overall. While Granger stepped up in the playoffs, Gasol stepped down. I guess I just don't think he is as great as every one else. In general I understand a pretty good PF is more valuable than a good SF, but not in Granger vs Gasol.

Hicks
05-12-2011, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't let one bad year sour you on Gasol for the next handful of years. I think he'll be fine long-term.

ECKrueger
05-12-2011, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't let one bad year sour you on Gasol for the next handful of years. I think he'll be fine long-term.

You're probably right, but I like Granger and I also am a Laker-hater :D

itzryan07
05-12-2011, 01:11 AM
OJ Mayo is not a backup 2. He is a starter in this league. And did i read that someone wouldn't want to trade Granger for Pau Gasol? That would be a great trade for us.

ECKrueger
05-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Ya, me. I don't see the greatness in that trade. I'd say they are on similar levels at their position. Obviously good big men are more valuable than SF's, but I would rather keep Danny because I don't feel Gasol would help us much.

Added: I don't feel he would help us much if we got rid of our best player for him, and thus he became our top player. I would love him if we could keep Danny. Ok, not love, but only because he is a Laker. It would still be good for us though.