PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Bulls last postgame of the year :(

vnzla81
04-26-2011, 10:27 PM
As it was expected, the Bulls were due to have a good game and today they couldn't miss from anywhere, we never expected to compete againts one of the best teams in the NBA and we did, the Pacers have woken up and are coming back, I am still proud of our guys, let's hope we make some good trades this summer and bring some good veterans.

Go Pacers :dance:

mikeyism
04-26-2011, 10:27 PM
agreed.

itscaleb
04-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Has hansborough made a jumper since game 1?

dohman
04-26-2011, 10:38 PM
It was a thrilling series. Glad the pacers competed up until the third quarter of this game.

McKeyFan
04-26-2011, 10:38 PM
I've been a huge Hibbert fan. This game did not help his brand.

Marlin
04-26-2011, 10:39 PM
It happens, they're obviously a better team than we do, but we gave'em a good fight. I'm proud of our guys for this series.

That being said, losing by 30 points, when you're down by just 4 midway into the 3rd quarter, is just plain embarrassing. They made like everything, Bogans :eek: included, but we had a complete meltdown.

McKeyFan
When their worst starter hits 5 for 6 three pointers, you know it's not your night.

Heisenberg
It needs to be said. Dunleavy was worthless the entire series.

cdash
04-26-2011, 10:40 PM

I'm a Dunleavy fan, but yes, he was garbage all series.

Anthem
04-26-2011, 10:42 PM
It needs to be said. Danny showed up to play in every single game in the series.

Sookie
04-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Lots of threes, and the refs were SO far up the Bulls butts..(and yes, I know Rose had 5 fouls..he actually had a lot more than that)..oh yea..and lots of threes.

I'm proud of these guys. I've been surprised a game like this hadn't happened sooner. But these guys, all of them, have a lot of fight in them. No one besides Granger had an exceptional series, skill wise. But 1-10 all showed a ton of effort.

BringJackBack
04-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Great series, good season, let's get better for next year.

Sparhawk
04-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Really didn't want to go out on a stinker of a game, but it summed up how the Pacers played this season.

I'm hoping next year's Pacers play more like the first 3 games vs the Bulls, only closing out quarters better.

Seemed we ISO'd at the end of every quarter in the series and they all failed miserably.

ksuttonjr76
04-26-2011, 10:45 PM
As it was expected, the Bulls were due to have a good game and today they couldn't miss from anywhere, we never expected to compete againts one of the best teams in the NBA and we did, the Pacers have woken up and are coming back, I am still proud of our guys, let's hope we make some good trades this summer and bring some good veterans.

Go Pacers :dance:

Woken up to what?

Marlin
04-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Looks like Rose and one of their assistant coaches were having some kind words for Paul there. Nice to see.

vnzla81
04-26-2011, 10:46 PM

This was my prediction.

Ransom
04-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Props to the Pacers for a good season after several years of nada.

Props to Foster if this was his last year.

90'sNBARocked
Only regret is I wish we could have had the blowout in game 1 instead of game 5

Eddie Gill
Couldn't be prouder of this team. Great experience to build off of for next year (or whenever we play basketball again).

BTW: any good lip readers with DVR know what Foster said to Rose postgame? It looked chilly to say the least.

ksuttonjr76
04-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Good series. Here's hoping to that Vogel gets the job, Hibbert bulks up, and Paul George works on some more offensive moves.

vnzla81
04-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Woken up to what?

To be a really good team next year, now everybody knows who the F the indiana Pacers are, next year our young guys are going to be way better and like Cwebb is saying right now, OUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT.

Young
04-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Well even when you lose the series it still sure beats being the lottery.

Very impressed with Coach Vogel in this series. He got these guys motivated. Paul George impressed me the most out of the players. Danny was right there too. Danny showed some leadership with his play. I didn't know what to expect out of him in a playoff series but as said earlier he came to play each game.

We saw a lot of things that each player needs to improve on. Overall we saw the die hard need for another 20 point scorer.

What makes this series long sting so much is that the Pacers SHOULD have won the first four games. When you consider how most Bulls fans conduct themselves that would have really been sweet to sweep the Bulls. The Bulls have Derrick Rose though and that's the difference.

A couple of things to take from this series:
- I hate Carlos Boozer.
- From what so many have said, most Bulls fans have no class or respect.
- The Pacers showed how you Beat the Bulls. Things will be much different when they play the Heat or Celtics.
- I wasn't so sure in the middle of the series but right now I have to say that Frank Vogel deserves to be the head coach of this team. I am not so sure that you even interview anyone else. Just a few days ago I thought otherwise.

DrFife
04-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I feel pride for a worthy battle, and my overall feel-good mood may soon stamp out the bitterness of tonight, but ...

... I am battling a very unsettling feeling that we're A LONG WAY from being elite.

Sandman21
04-26-2011, 10:55 PM
BRING BACK FRANK!

Cherokee
04-26-2011, 10:59 PM
All we need now is a star-type player, a center, a power forward, and perhaps a point guard with some size. We should be pretty good when we get all that. I do hope Granger takes dribbling lessons this off season, though.

JEM
04-26-2011, 10:59 PM

Dont think so.

And its Hansbrough :p.

hoosierguy
04-26-2011, 11:00 PM
What a joke of a performance. The Pacers didn't even bother to match Chicago's intensity.

Dunleavy, Hibbert, and McRoberts can take a hike as far as I am concerned.

JEM
It needs to be said. Danny showed up to play in every single game in the series.

So did Deng unfortunately.

Hoop
Danny proved that he's better than a lot of people on here thought. He may not be top tier like Kobe, Lebron, Rose, but he's among the top of the 2nd tier players.

Add to or one of our guys (PG) become equal to or a little better and then we really have something.

vnzla81
04-26-2011, 11:01 PM
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/bestselling-comics-2008/203-1.jpg

imawhat
04-26-2011, 11:01 PM
What a joke of a performance. The Pacers didn't even bother to match Chicago's intensity.

Dunleavy, Hibbert, and McRoberts can take a hike as far as I am concerned.

McRoberts was hurt, not really his fault.

He shouldn't have been out there.

imawhat
04-26-2011, 11:02 PM
God I hate the offseason.

AesopRockOn
Thibodeau's best move of the series was simply sticking with Rose. Everything fell into place after that. It sucks that it had to end like this, but I can't remember a time I was more excited about basketball. Let's be smart in the offseason, continue to develop Paul, DC, and Tyler and make a better run next season. Constructive criticism will come later, as the emotions die down.

Gold
Bulls out played us but we were still fine.... and in came a ridiculous amount of threes. lol. Oh well, fun season.

Pacerized
04-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I had to work so I got in just before half time, so someone clue me in.
Why was the game thread closed and where is the this mysterious live chat link?

joeyd
A couple of things to take from this series:
- I hate Carlos Boozer.
- From what so many have said, most Bulls fans have no class or respect.
- The Pacers showed how you Beat the Bulls. Things will be much different when they play the Heat or Celtics.
- I wasn't so sure in the middle of the series but right now I have to say that Frank Vogel deserves to be the head coach of this team. I am not so sure that you even interview anyone else. Just a few days ago I thought otherwise.

My take on this series:
-Hats off to the Pacers for exceeding our expectations and making us believe in the team again, in the post-season and next season
-I hate Carlos Boozer, but I also hate Noah, probably more
-Bulls came off somewhat classless (hey, just like their fans) for running up the score by shooting 3's with plenty of time on the shot clock in the last 5 minutes and up by a ton.
-Hibbert pulled another disappearing act in the biggest game of his career. Can't win a series when so much hinges on the play of your big man, and he can't control his fouls and can't hit shots that a man of his physicality should be making.
-Bird should make Vogel the permanent coach tomorrow, so they can get to work on the draft.

D-BONE
Yeah, I feel pride for a worthy battle, and my overall feel-good mood may soon stamp out the bitterness of tonight, but ...

... I am battling a very unsettling feeling that we're A LONG WAY from being elite.

Great end of the season and playoff showing!

That said, I do have this sense as well. Certainly the experience helps immensely, but I just feel like we're more players away than what I did before. I only see two definitive starter quality talents on a good team. A lot of solid bench players though..

vnzla81
McRoberts was hurt, not really his fault.

He shouldn't have been out there.

Sorry but that is an excuse.

JEM
04-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Bulls got hot.. Not much else to say. Can sometimes recover when one guy is hot but when 4 guys are making 3s its just one big headache.

90'sNBARocked
04-26-2011, 11:06 PM
I want to know what Granger said to the Bulls

He is gettting ripped on the Bulls board , getting called a punk and classless

Jared Sullinger
04-26-2011, 11:07 PM
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff470/bulls6pack/431d47da.jpg

Hoop
04-26-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't think everyone should be so down on McBob, he didn't seem "right" the entire series. His first playoffs and he was hampered by some type of injury.

He should not have retaliated after Noah started it, but how many of you guys would have loved to hit Noah upside his fool head?

Whiskeyjim
well, it was a semi-fun series to watch, if not frustrating almost every game.

I'm still mystified as to how the team can come out so flat and uninspired for what was their final game. Worst showing of the series, actually. They only looked alive at the beginning of the 2nd half. Oh well.

Our shooting is atrocious, and we're young. Fix the salaries situation, and get a true PG that can get 10+ assists a game. In fact, i'd replace every guard on the team, but then I'm usually too aggressive when i'm losing.

best wishes to all in the off season.

Heisenberg

He is gettting ripped on the Bulls board , getting called a punk and classlessWho cares. I've yet to meet a Bulls fan that isn't a moron.

Cherokee

Excuse is a justification for something. His injuries are a reason.

Unclebuck
where is the postgame press conference, NBATV is not showing it

Marlin

Yeah, what happened?

JEM

He was getting his season average too so it must not have been a big issue.

hoosierguy
04-26-2011, 11:09 PM

If that is the case, he should move to Chicago. He would fit right in there.

joeyd

If a "long way" is three years, I will enjoy the ride as long as there is steady progress. In other words, next year, an even better record and we make it to the second round; the year after, the conference finals.

If we see next year what we've seen this year post-O'Brien along with near-50 wins and home court in the first round, count me in for the ride. I think this goal is realistic.

pacer4ever

nba.com

Hoop
04-26-2011, 11:10 PM

I've read alot of the stuff on different Bulls boards all series, seriously their fans are delusional.

imawhat
04-26-2011, 11:10 PM

They're wrapping up the Magic/Hawks postgame conference......very slowly.

Jared Sullinger
04-26-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.nba.com/live4/

pacer4ever
I don't think everyone should be so down on McBob, he didn't seem "right" the entire series. Your first playoffs and he was hampered by some type of injury.

He should not have retaliated after Noah started it, but how many of you guys would have loved to hit Noah upside his fool head?

what he did was classless and a ***** *** punk move i lost all my respect for him.

Sparhawk
I'm not sold on Vogel as some of you are. But there might not be a better coach available, that's the problem. Vogel did some nice things, but I also think he cost us two games by not calling a time out early enough in the 1st game when the Bulls were digging into the lead. He waiting till the game was basically tied. I also felt he stuck with the backups for too long in the games as well and I think that cost us in the 3rd game as well. Those types of decisions will come with more experience though.

I really don't want any more coach retreads. If that leaves Vogel, then I'd be ok with that.

Granger came up big this series. I still say you have to at least look to move him if you can get some nice pieces/picks in return. I do hope Granger stays a Pacers, but the reality is that we have some serious holes, and I'm not sure how we can seriously address them. We don't draft high enough and FA is slim pickings.

hoosierguy
If a "long way" is three years, I will enjoy the ride as long as there is steady progress. In other words, next year, an even better record and we make it to the second round; the year after, the conference finals.

If we see next year what we've seen this year post-O'Brien along with near-50 wins and home court in the first round, count me in for the ride. I think this goal is realistic.

Let's just see if they can get to .500. THAT would be progress.

pacerwaala
04-26-2011, 11:12 PM
The refrees did ok, the Bulls were due for a good game (did not expect them to shoot this well). But proud of the Pacers and Coach Vogel. They should bring him back. There is a bright future for this team.

JEM
04-26-2011, 11:13 PM
After the stats are updated we should do a player comparison on both teams. I started to do it but noticed that game 5 numbers havent been added yet.

Jared Sullinger
04-26-2011, 11:13 PM
http://s2.postimage.org/53h351lh9/285493893.gif

vnzla81
04-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Who cares. I've yet to meet a Bulls fan that isn't a moron.

I actually got to talk to two guys in game one in Conseco and the were cool, they also told me how much they liked Tyler and for the sound of their voices it looks like they don't like Boozer, so my experience wasn't to bad.

imawhat
what he did was classless and a ***** *** punk move i lost all my respect for him.

He got hit in the head. You can't hit someone with the last name McRoberts in the head and expect them to keep their cool.

stephen

noah or josh?

Sookie

What Noah did the entire game was classless and punkish

DemonHunter1105
04-26-2011, 11:15 PM
The overwhelming thing I can take from this series is that Boozer is NOT as good as I thought he was. Or at least that he is extremely weak when he gets pushed around. Tyler made him look like a rookie and Tyler wasn't even playing well. You can say he had a bad series, but how many bad games in a row does he need to have before it becomes a trend?(although his game 2 stats were respectable)

From our side, Paul George is veerrrrrrrry good on D when focused in. He just needs to expand and fine tune his offensive skillsets.

Everyone else played pretty much how I expected they would considering how they fared this season.

Unclebuck
04-26-2011, 11:15 PM
what happened with Granger at the end of the game? Thibs just fielded a question about it

imawhat
04-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Maybe he pulled a LeBron and didn't shake hands.

Unclebuck
They're wrapping up the Magic/Hawks postgame conference......very slowly.

No, they are re-showing the whole thing.

ESPN news has Thibs presser right now, hoefully Vogel next

ilive4sports
well its certainly a disappointing end to what was a great little run. Emotions are high right now, the roster clearly needs upgrades. Whether upgrades from players getting better, or from getting new players, I'm not sure. This team has a lot of work to do, maybe getting their butts kicked tonight will send them into the off season hungrier than ever. Thats what I hope at least.

Justin Tyme
I've been a huge Hibbert fan. This game did not help his brand.

He never made his 1st basket until the 3rd qtr. He's fragile mentally. He may be best suited as a b/u. He sure can't be counted on when it counts. He vanishes like the invisible man.

Hoop
04-26-2011, 11:17 PM

What do expect? This is just the beginning.

We are a long way off from being elite. We have to become a perennial playoff team first, then a legit team that can win rounds in the playoffs, then a contender/elite team.

The great thing is we are in position to accomplish those things, be happy!

90'sNBARocked
04-26-2011, 11:18 PM
I've read alot of the stuff on different Bulls boards all series, seriously their fans are delusional.

Thier beat writer Sam Smith asked Vogel in the press confrence, and Vogel said "I didnt see it"

Granger walked to the bench at the end of the game and jawed with them and Deng, I guess we will hear more on it later

ilive4sports
Another thing, we pretty much player our worst game while the Bulls played their best.

D-BONE
He never made his 1st basket until the 3rd qtr. He's fragile mentally. He may be best suited as a b/u. He sure can't be counted on when it counts. He vanishes like the invisible man.

I've felt all along that his ceiling was good b/u C. I have not yet seen anything that sways that.

imawhat
04-26-2011, 11:19 PM

He's been off mentally since the end of November, but he wasn't like that at all in college. He used to show up in big games, so I'm hoping this season was the exception......not feeling good about it though.

Unclebuck
04-26-2011, 11:19 PM
who is our second best player right now? does anyone know, because I have no way to determine that right now

Hoop
04-26-2011, 11:20 PM
For hitting someone after they hit him first, dumb move, but classless punk?
:wtf2:

Doddage
04-26-2011, 11:21 PM
who is our second best player right now? does anyone know, because I have no way to determine that right now
Paul George

Marlin
Maybe Danny took exception to the Bull continuing to throw up 3s even when up by 25 with little time to play?

Heisenberg
Hansbrough on the podium

vnzla81

:whoknows:

Sookie
04-26-2011, 11:22 PM

"Best" is so hard to answer

Who played second best in this series? Paul George.

Ransom
McRoberts' move wasn't "punk" or "thuggish" by my definition. It did betray a lack of mental toughness and inability to keep his cool, which most of knew already.

Tyler at the mic.

Justin Tyme
That said, I do have this sense as well. Certainly the experience helps immensely, but I just feel like we're more players away than what I did before. I only see two definitive starter quality talents on a good team. A lot of solid bench players though..

Pretty much says it.

vnzla81
Tyler: "before we weren't a team" :eek:

imawhat
04-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Tough question...nobody really stepped up as the 2nd best player, which is crazy.

Unclebuck
04-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Paul George

I don't think he is right now

joeyd

All around? Probably Paul George.

imawhat
Tyler likes playing for Vogel, sounds like he wants him back.

cdash

Depends on who you ask. Which basically means: There is no clear answer to that question. In this series, I think a serious case could be made for Paul George.

vnzla81
Tough question...nobody really stepped up as the 2nd best player, which is crazy.

Another reason why we need to get better players.

Sookie
Maybe he pulled a LeBron and didn't shake hands.

I dunno, I think something happened. From what I've read, AJ didn't shake hands, and Danny actually had a confrontation.

Probably Noah....

(I actually kind of like him..but he's a pain in the butt, dirty punk. Still kind of like him though.)

imawhat
04-26-2011, 11:26 PM
AJ shook hands, even with Noah. There was a bit of jaw jacking going on, but couldn't see who it was between.

pacer4ever
04-26-2011, 11:26 PM
I dunno, I think something happened. From what I've read, AJ didn't shake hands, and Danny actually had a confrontation.

Probably Noah....

(I actually kind of like him..but he's a pain in the butt, dirty punk. Still kind of like him though.)

I would love to have Noah as our starting center so much energy

Hoop
04-26-2011, 11:27 PM

Probably Noah....

Noah's the kinda player you hate, but would really like if he was on your team. Dirty or not.

pwee31
Saw on twitter Price had to be restrained from going to Bulls bench. Here Bulls complaining about Granger, but not sure what happened?

itzryan07
yea im wondering what happened at the end of the game. Granger prolly got pissed that they shot a 3 at the end. we all know how he feels about that. Hope he is still a Pacer, he never backs down to know one

Ransom
Honestly, probably good natured ribbing at worst went on (could be wrong).

I actually think nba players, even after a rough game like this, by and large get along better than most fans seem to want them too.

pacer4ever
For hitting someone after they hit him first, dumb move, but classless punk?
:wtf2:

yes in that siuation you cant get mad and get ejected it was stupid and classless

Doddage
04-26-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't think he is right now
Maybe not as far as offensive output, but he's brings a lot of intangibles to the court and he's quite skilled and has great instincts on the defensive end.

Basically, when he's on the court, we're a much better team. And that goes a long way in my consideration as to who the best players on the team are.

Eleazar
04-26-2011, 11:28 PM

Starting no, not unless he is playing next to a scorer like JO was in his prime.

JEM
04-26-2011, 11:29 PM

I would probably say Collison or Hansbrough.

imawhat
Weird...I saw AJ Price hugging Noah after the game and then he was off camera. Something must have happened.

Heisenberg
Provided Danny's mouthing off or whatever it was, which I didn't see, was just "yeah see you next year you (fill in the blank)" kinda stuff I say good. I want that Danny with a fire in his belly again.

Hoop
04-26-2011, 11:30 PM
yes in that siuation you cant get mad and get ejected it was stupid and classless
If the refs had any sack at all, both guys would have been booted.

pwee31
04-26-2011, 11:30 PM
I do remember Granger mouthing something along the lines that he was going to F***ing pop someone?

It was after the Hansbrough and Noah double foul, that Price got the tech on

cdash
04-26-2011, 11:31 PM

So you lost all respect for McRoberts and call him thuggish for his reaction to Noah's action, yet you love Noah? Hypocrite much?

pacer4ever
Starting no, not unless he is playing next to a scorer like JO was in his prime.

Yes i would he is better than Hibbert by far at defense and can score.

Sookie
AJ shook hands, even with Noah. There was a bit of jaw jacking going on, but couldn't see who it was between.

LOL, twitter is full of lies then..:laugh:

Twitter also said that Danny was jawing a bit with Noah, and that's what the "issue" was.

pacer4ever
04-26-2011, 11:32 PM
So you lost all respect for McRoberts and call him thuggish for his reaction to Noah's action, yet you love Noah? Hypocrite much?

Noah's was during the play and wasnt dirty. Mcbob punched him after the play.

pacerwaala
04-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Noah's the kinda player you hate, but would really like if he was on your team. Dirty or not.

I am not sure he fits that bill. Too much drama, punkishness and attention seeking surrounding Noah. The description that you have fits Dale Davis, Oakley, etc.

joeyd
04-26-2011, 11:34 PM
LOL, twitter is full of lies then..:laugh:

Twitter also said that Danny was jawing a bit with Noah, and that's what the "issue" was.

That's why I don't do the twitter.

Hoop
04-26-2011, 11:34 PM
QFT !!!

The thanks button just wasn't enough.

Sookie
04-26-2011, 11:35 PM

oh bull, Noah purposely elbowed Josh in the face. That wasn't anything but dirty. And then he elbowed Hans in the face later on.

Hoop
You sir are full of it.

Constellations

I could not agree more. He still needs his Batman. But he stepped up as a leader in the playoffs like he was expected too.

As for Noah, put him on the Pacers for this series, he would have been ejected in Game 1 and then suspended the rest of the series. For anyone to say he hasn't and doesn't play dirty is completely full of... well, pewp.

itzryan07

stop talking, how u are gonna call Mcroberts a classless act when in the replays it clearly show Noah elbowing him in the throat. Shut the hell up. Mcroberts aint letting no one punk him

cdash
04-26-2011, 11:36 PM

So cheap shots during the play is fine? That absolutely was dirty. McBob whiffed on a pseudo-punch after the play. They were both equally appalling.

pwee31
04-26-2011, 11:36 PM

Forearm to the throat during a play isn't dirty, but a swing and a miss to the body with half hearted elbow is? :hmm:

Eleazar
04-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Yes i would he is better than Hibbert by far at defense and can score.

I really don't seem being all that much better than Foster, and no one would want Foster to be the main scoring threat in the post.

brichard
Truth be told, Pacers lost this series in the first 3 games. You have games like tonight, which is why you can't afford to lose the games you should close out. And ultimately, this is the least impressive of the Bulls victories. Any team can go unconscious, but to win when it all goes wrong... that is the mark of a good team. And that is what they did the first few games.

I'll go ahead and say it, I like McBob. I've seen the Pacers rareley this year, but he has always been an energy guy. Sometimes off, sometimes not, but that is why he is a bench guy. The foul tonight wasn't a smart one, but people are being way too hard on him.

A punk foul is when you undercut somebody. It is when you hit with the intent to harm. When somebody chucks you in the mouth and you are playing basketball, the normal response is to make him eat your fist. We've all either done that or come close to doing it. Was it mentally weak? Absolutely.

I'll be fine if they take Vogel, and I'll be fine if they find somebody they feel is right for the job. I'm so freaking glad it isn't Jim O'breien, and that is all I have to say about that. I also think Hans could be a much better player than I ever imagined. I've seen at least 2 games where he has went for over 20, and he really hasn't had the chance to play that much. Everybody seems to love George. He looks okay to me, but not sure I understand the complete and utter fandom yet.

Rush can go away and join the "not played up to their potential" long list of players. Hibbert is troubling. He is so big and at times plays great. Would love to see us get a big man coach to improve him, but based on years past, not optimistic that will happen.

Anyway, these guys made me want to start watching the Pacers again, so here is to hoping they continue to push things forward.

pacer4ever
stop talking, how u are gonna call Mcroberts a classless act when in the replays it clearly show Noah elbowing him in the throat. Shut the hell up. Mcroberts aint letting no one punk him

That cost us 4pts and him the rest of the game. You cant react like that period.

Heisenberg
Luol Deng's a class individual

NapTonius Monk
When their worst starter hits 5 for 6 three pointers, you know it's not your night.Especially when that's the ONLY thing he does. Can't lose track of him.

spazzxb
04-26-2011, 11:38 PM
oh bull, Noah purposely elbowed Josh in the face. That wasn't anything but dirty. And then he elbowed Hans in the face later on.

Also Josh was just going to push noah in the body and completly missed. It was a garbage ejection.

pacer4ever
04-26-2011, 11:40 PM
I really don't seem being all that much better than Foster, and no one would want Foster to be the main scoring threat in the post.

LOL 11 and 10 rebs and great defense andd great enegy is more than a good starter.

Marlin
Deng just said Granger had something to tell to Noah for his supposed dirty play, that's why Danny was so fired up

IUfan4life

anytime noah shot at all during the series, the ball went in. You might not like him, but put him on this team and he's the 2nd best player right away

spazzxb
04-26-2011, 11:41 PM
LOL 11 and 10 rebs and great defense andd great enegy is more than a good starter.

To bad Fosters getting old and has a bad back:-)

cdash
That cost us 4pts and him the rest of the game. You cant react like that period.

That didn't cost us the game stop it. Just admit you were wrong and drop it. People who don't react like that in the NBA are called a certain derivation of "sissies" that is considerably less polite.

pacer4ever
So cheap shots during the play is fine? That absolutely was dirty. McBob whiffed on a pseudo-punch after the play. They were both equally appalling.

You cant react like that no matter what work the refs but dont punch someone in front of a ref thats just stupid

itzryan07

o so if someone gonna come one and elbow u in your throat u wouldnt do anything.

pacer4ever
04-26-2011, 11:42 PM
That didn't cost us the game stop it. Just admit you were wrong and drop it. People who don't react like that in the NBA are called a certain derivation of "sissies" that is considerably less polite.

I didnt say it cost us the game it cost him the rest of the game read a little better please.

cdash
04-26-2011, 11:43 PM
I didnt say it cost us the game it cost him the rest of the game read a little better please.

My mistake. Don't tell me to read better when you type like a 7 year old though.

Constellations

Secret Chicago supporter. Lol. Bulls that is.

gummy

You are right. He can't react like that. It was mental weakness and it cost his team.

But you make it sounds like he tried to pop a guy who was just minding his own business. To say that what Noah did wasn't dirty? They replayed it 4-5 times, he clearly cocked and swung an elbow into Josh's throat. That's dirty. I am glad Danny said something to Noah about it at the end of the game.

And yes, I too would take Noah on our team. Doesn't change the fact that it was a dirty play, designed to provoke McBob and he as dumb enough to fall for it.

DemonHunter1105
04-26-2011, 11:44 PM
If Danny's confrontation is about Josh getting elbowed in the throat then that is awesome. My love affair with Danny was at an all time high his all-star season and has trailed off ever since.

Showing up big for the playoffs and having your teammates' backs is making me like Danny a whole lot more again.

pwee31
04-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Not going to ruin the post game, arguing over one play with a kid.

Great ending to the season. Made the Playoffs, stole a game, should have stole the series.

No O'Brien at all next year. Cap space. Young talent. Bright future!

I expect to be back in the playoffs next year with the way we finished the season

vnzla81
04-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Noah was a punk for hitting Josh and Josh was even a bigger punk for biting and putting the team in a bigger hole. (he put himself before the team)

:wave: good bye Josh and hope you have fun in whatever team you are going to

Eleazar
04-26-2011, 11:45 PM

You are missing my whole point. I'm not saying he isn't a good starter, neither was Foster, but would you want Foster to start when you have no scoring threat in the post? Noah isn't a scoring threat, he gets the vast majority of his points off of rebounds, fast breaks, and broken plays. Not a bad thing, but unless he has a JO next to him you aren't going to have much of a post game.

joeyd
04-26-2011, 11:46 PM

Except for tonight, Foster did not play like an old man with a bad back. He played better than a certain younger 7 foot 2 inch center though.

spazzxb
Not going to ruin the post game, arguing over one play with a kid.

Great ending to the season. Made the Playoffs, stole a game, should have stole the series.

No O'Brien at all next year. Cap space. Young talent. Bright future!

I expect to be back in the playoffs next year with the way we finished the season

Should have won 3 games. We earned the one we got, didn't have to steal a thing.

IUfan4life
Too bad missing next season is going to ruin our development

vnzla81

:wave: Yep I called that one, my bad :blush:

KingGeorge
I had no problem with McRoberts getting thrown out.

Noah likes to get under the skin of players and swings his elbows an unnecessary amount.

Basketball is a game of emotions, and McBob let it get the best of him. I'm not saying he should have done it, but I didn't lose any respect for him.

pacer4ever
04-26-2011, 11:47 PM
You are right. He can't react like that. It was mental weakness and it cost his team.

But you make it sounds like he tried to pop a guy who was just minding his own business. To say that what Noah did wasn't dirty? They replayed it 4-5 times, he clearly cocked and swung an elbow into Josh's throat. That's dirty. I am glad Danny said something to Noah about it at the end of the game.

And yes, I too would take Noah on our team. Doesn't change the fact that it was a dirty play, designed to provoke McBob and he as dumb enough to fall for it. It was dirty to a point but i ve seen Tyler, Jeff , Jmac ect do it and the other team doesnt react like that. I mean Tyler got elbowed by Kurt Thomas and he didnt get up and give a cheap shot.

Constellations
04-26-2011, 11:48 PM
It was dirty to a point but i ve seen Tyler, Jeff , Jmac ect do it and the other team doesnt react like that. I mean Tyler got elbowed by Kurt Thomas and he didnt get up and give a cheap shot.

That's because they called it against Kurt instead of not giving a damn about Noah cheap shotting Josh.

joeyd
04-26-2011, 11:49 PM
You are missing my whole point. I'm not saying he isn't a good starter, neither was Foster, but would you want Foster to start when you have no scoring threat in the post? Noah isn't a scoring threat, he gets the vast majority of his points off of rebounds, fast breaks, and broken plays. Not a bad thing, but unless he has a JO next to him you aren't going to have much of a post game.

Most teams make up for the lack of a dominant center by having 4 other offensive options. So it would be with us if Foster started, and actually, that's the situation we were forced to play when Hibbert did his usual disappearing acts in so many games.

Marlin
04-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Except for tonight, Foster did not play like an old man with a bad back. He played better than a certain younger 7 foot 2 inch center though.
Not that it took much..

90'sNBARocked
Last game for : Dun, McBob, TJ, AJ, Foster, Solo

All free agents , wonder who comes back , if any

pacer4ever

Perkins starts in OKC and does nothing offensivly playing along side Ibaka. I guess it is just my prefernce I love defenseive bigs

cdash
04-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Too bad missing next season is going to ruin our development

Don't even joke. The entire NBA has momentum right now they can't do this to us!

Sookie
04-26-2011, 11:52 PM

Price has one more year, sorry. :laugh:

Hoop
It was dirty to a point but i ve seen Tyler, Jeff , Jmac ect do it and the other team doesnt react like that. I mean Tyler got elbowed by Kurt Thomas and he didnt get up and give a cheap shot.
You keep digging a bigger hole the more stupid stuff you say.

Might be because he was knocked the :censored: out. The Thomas elbow was not on purpose either.

spazzxb
:wave: Yep I called that one, my bad :blush:

:wave: for the record VZ, since the season is over, I like you alot better when you don't hate the coach.

Edit: This goes for 3 or 4 others as well.

pacer4ever
04-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Don't even joke. The entire NBA has momentum right now they can't do this to us!

What really pisses me off is they canceled SL and I was gonna go to Vegas and watch it damm. Next year I guess.

Trophy
04-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Definitely the best season and most fun season to watch in a long time.

This young group of guys were able to get into the playoffs 8 games under .500 and battle the #1 seed keeping games within 5 points for the most part. Leading the majority of the games. Winning one of them.

I tip my hat off to this Indiana Pacers team. They need to keep their heads up high. They have a bright future ahead.

I felt like we proved many people wrong. We didn't let Chicago just step all over us (excluding tonight).

There's always next season.

Go Pacers!

Eleazar
04-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Perkins starts in OKC and does nothing offensivly playing along side Ibaka. I guess it is just my prefernce I love defenseive bigs

I like defensive bigs just as much as you, but you need a post threat if you want to win a championship. You aren't going to win with Foster and Noah as your starters.

Kuq_e_Zi91
04-26-2011, 11:58 PM
As much as we criticize Danny for sometimes playing lackadaisical during the regular season, he really brought it in the playoffs. This game would've been ugly from the start had he not kept us in it by himself.

I was mildly surprised to see Hansbrough at the post game press conference. For one, I was surprised that he agreed to do it. However, I was more surprised to not see our team leader up there to answer questions as our season came to an end. Tyler did offer some interesting tidbits though. It was good to hear the support for Vogel coming from the players. He'll be back.

I'd like to see Josh return next season, but I wonder if he'll demand a higher price on the open market. Hopefully, his play in this series helped us secure him to a contract in the long run.

I hope Foster doesn't retire. We questioned his contract during the season, but this is when it's paying off, in the post season. His presence was invaluable to us in this series. We need to bring him back next season, either as a player or in some coaching/mentor role.

Heisenberg
04-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Hope Solomon Jones has some nice European style suits.

joeyd
04-27-2011, 12:01 AM
I hope Foster doesn't retire. We questioned his contract during the season, but this is when it's paying off, in the post season. His presence was invaluable to us in this series. We need to bring him back next season, either as a player or in some coaching/mentor role.

He mentioned in the Montieth podcast a few days ago that he'd like to keep playing preferably for the Pacers, but he had not interest in coaching.

Ransom
http://twitter.com/#!/8pts9secs/status/63068473990983681

"RT @IndyCornrows: Well, Jamaal Tinsley is officially off the #Pacers salary cap. #tryingtolookonthebrightside"
:happydanc

Eleazar
As much as we criticize Danny for sometimes playing lackadaisical during the regular season, he really brought it in the playoffs. This game would've been ugly from the start had he not kept us in it by himself.

I was mildly surprised to see Hansbrough at the post game press conference. For one, I was surprised that he agreed to do it. However, I was more surprised to not see our team leader up there to answer questions as our season came to an end. Tyler did offer some interesting tidbits though. It was good to hear the support for Vogel coming from the players. He'll be back.

I'd like to see Josh return next season, but I wonder if he'll demand a higher price on the open market. Hopefully, his play in this series helped us secure him to a contract in the long run.

It sounds like Granger was pissed after the game, so I imagine he might have not wanted to say something he shouldn't have.

Trophy
I like defensive bigs just as much as you, but you need a post threat if you want to win a championship. You aren't going to win with Foster and Noah as your starters.

Why not Noah?

When he's doing well, the Bulls are an incredibly solid team.

Look at tonight. He was energized and was aggressive.

He's a top center in this league no doubt and he's someone I'd trust as my starting center to help achieve a ring.

Eleazar
04-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Why not Noah?

When he's doing well, the Bulls are an incredibly solid team.

Look at tonight. He was energized and was aggressive.

He's a top center in this league no doubt and he's someone I'd trust as my starting center to help achieve a ring.

If he is a top center in the league that is sad.

Haywoode Workman
04-27-2011, 12:03 AM
My mistake. Don't tell me to read better when you type like a 7 year old though.

hahaha. i like P4E and i think he knows a lot more about basketball than me, but that's funny as hell.

Trophy
04-27-2011, 12:04 AM
I want us to have all this cap space.

It'll be good to have and hopefully we don't blow it on more garbage and we actually try and lure a solid player in.

JB24
04-27-2011, 12:06 AM

Unguaranteed, IIRC. Though they will probably retain him.

Heisenberg
04-27-2011, 12:06 AM
These FAs basically all stink. That's too strong, but they aren't worth spending cap on. Either use it by taking on salary in a trade or just bank it.

Trophy
04-27-2011, 12:07 AM

Why would you not say he's a top center?

I'm not determing this based on this game. Last season and even this season once he was healthy was solid offensively and defensively. He'll rebound, block shots, draw fouls, stay aggressive.

His role is like Roy's. If he struggles, it brings the whole team down, but if he's doing well they are unstoppable.

graphic-er
04-27-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm really pissed that NBA TV screwed me out of a post game presser. By the time I realized that it was streaming on NBA.com it was basically over.

Trophy
04-27-2011, 12:09 AM
What sucks is that there's no one worth signing to a max contract this offseason so we can sign a few garbage guys for a season and Posey will expire too.

Then we try and get Eric Gordon in 2012 and still have space to try and add a starting PF. Especially if trade to get EJ via S&T.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 12:10 AM

There really isnt a lot of great centers out there. I would say he is easliy top 10.

spazzxb
04-27-2011, 12:11 AM
:wave: for the record VZ, since the season is over, I like you alot better when you don't hate the coach.

To add to this the whole board has been a lot nicer since Frank took over I won't be upset if he gets the job. I hope we find out If Bird is staying soon. I assume and certainly hope if he wants to retire he will let us know soon. Its nice to have people excited for the team again instead of angered by it.

Also I don't think the guys laid an egg tonight. Even bad teams (which Chicago is not) get hot sometimes and blowout elite teams. Tonight was just Chicago's night.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 12:11 AM
What sucks is that there's no one worth signing to a max contract this offseason so we can sign a few garbage guys for a season and Posey will expire too.

Then we try and get Eric Gordon in 2012 and still have space to try and add a starting PF. Especially if trade to get EJ via S&T.

I hope we sit on our money till next year. Then we can sign FA's then resign our own guys because of bird rights.

Heisenberg
04-27-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm in full Knicks get Melo mode right now. Get Eric Gordon. All moves should be centered around making that happen.

feistypacer
04-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Can't wait for the day someone pops Noah in the mouth and knocks his *** out. Can't stand that guy. He acts like an NFL lineman after a sack after simple plays like knocking the ball off an opposing player out of bounds. Carlos Boozer was very ineffective all series. He's a more of dirty player with his blatant shoves in the back and elbows. The refs simply couldn't ignore his fouls which put him in foul trouble the whole series. He looked like he's on the downslide of his career in this series. His best days were in Utah and Cleveland.

Good series overall. Looking forward to next season if/when that happens. Hopefully we get some decent free agents out there. Looking forward to some off-season acquisition talk. Lots of questions to answer in the offseason. Clearly we need some scorers/athletes underneath. Who do we keep (Dunleavy, Ford, McBob, S. Jones, Foster all free agents)? Who do we pick up/wish to pick up in free agency (Randolph, Crawford, Landry, J Rich, West, JR Smith, Chandler, Stojo part deux, Battier, Dalembert - just some on I saw that are unrestricted)? Do we wait for next year's crop of free agents as this year is relatively weak? Who do we draft? Who do we trade away/for? Who's our coach next year? Will Larry Bird be here still and who would replace him? Will be a very interesting to say the least.

the other guy
04-27-2011, 12:14 AM
This is my first post on this board, I have been reading from this site for a while though. I feel if we were able to get a better pg that we would have won this series. Dc is good but is to small, and can't attack the basket. He is not good at getting the team the ball to get good shots. We need someone who can attack the basket and make everyone around him better.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm in full Knicks get Melo mode right now. Get Eric Gordon. All moves should be centered around making that happen.

We need a star and since it looks like it wont happen via draft(maybe Paul but not only time will tell). It has to happen via trade.

vnzla81
04-27-2011, 12:16 AM

I was an angry person with Jim as the coach :D

Edit: I'll be a happier person now that Dunleavy,TJ and Solo are gone :D

Heisenberg
04-27-2011, 12:17 AM
We need a star and since it looks like it wont happen via draft(maybe Paul but not only time will tell). It has to happen via trade.
Not necessarily. No one has any clue what the new CBA'll look like.

Trophy
04-27-2011, 12:18 AM
I actually have no problem with the main core group we have going into next season and waiting it out until 2012.

With coach Vogel for the whole season, hopefully he's brought back in the first place and a lot of the younger guys working out in the offseason, we'll probably be better than this season and hopefully make the playoffs still and no one gives us issues and we're stuck trying to get in again.

The 2012-13 season will be fun and something to look forward to and what guys like Paul, Tyler, etc. can become come that season along with a star like EJ and hopefully a solid starting PF.

vnzla81
04-27-2011, 12:18 AM

I would like to at least try to get a point guard, maybe Felton.

Haywoode Workman
04-27-2011, 12:20 AM
There really isnt a lot of great centers out there. I would say he is easliy top 10.

i look at centers like i look at heavyweights in wrestling:

the top 3-4 are very good, elite athletes that would do well even if they were smaller.

the next 10-15 are good, but not very athletic. they've learned how to use their tools to edge out the other big guys, but in almost a "cheap" way.

the rest are just there, filling space. they have to be there because you need a guy that big. if the position didn't exist, these guys wouldn't be on the court.

there's my horrible analogy

croz24
04-27-2011, 12:21 AM
didn't see much team basketball out there tonight, or much of a team at all really. and this has been my biggest issue with vogel. the team plays hard, but we lack any offensive identity or execution when we need it. it's more of a let the players play and i'll try to motivate them to play hard approach. just don't see how that style of coaching can be successful in the long run...

Heisenberg
04-27-2011, 12:26 AM
didn't see much team basketball out there tonight, or much of a team at all really. and this has been my biggest issue with vogel. the team plays hard, but we lack any offensive identity or execution when we need it. it's more of a let the players play and i'll try to motivate them to play hard approach. just don't see how that style of coaching can be successful in the long run...So a team with a starting 5 with an average of 2 and a half years of experience doesn't have much chemistry after a mid-season coaching change. ****, blow it up.

vnzla81
04-27-2011, 12:26 AM
I'll say that if we can get Felton, sign Jamaal and Kenyon and maybe make a trade for Al Jefferson, we could be in business as soon as next year.

Felton, PG,Danny,Tyler,Al
DC,Crawford,DJ,Kmart, Foster.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 12:27 AM
i look at centers like i look at heavyweights in wrestling:

the top 3-4 are very good, elite athletes that would do well even if they were smaller.

the next 10-15 are good, but not very athletic. they've learned how to use their tools to edge out the other big guys, but in almost a "cheap" way.

the rest are just there, filling space. they have to be there because you need a guy that big. if the position didn't exist, these guys wouldn't be on the court.

there's my horrible analogy

True, I would rank Noah 2-5th

There is Dwight then about 8-10 guys who are good and then a big drop off to just ave. Then the bad there is normaly at least 10 pretty bad starters.

I think Nene was the 2nd best center in the league(unless you consider Pau Gasol and Al Horford a center they played mostly PF) this year that is pretty sad

KingGeorge
04-27-2011, 12:29 AM
didn't see much team basketball out there tonight, or much of a team at all really. and this has been my biggest issue with vogel. the team plays hard, but we lack any offensive identity or execution when we need it. it's more of a let the players play and i'll try to motivate them to play hard approach. just don't see how that style of coaching can be successful in the long run...

I don't think Vogel was given enough time to establish an offensive identity. The youth of this team also has major factor in that as well.

If he is given the chance, Vogel will grow as a coach this offseason.

Heisenberg
04-27-2011, 12:29 AM
I'll say that if we can get Felton, sign Jamaal and Kenyon and maybe make a trade for Al Jefferson, we could be in business as soon as next year.

You added an A. A dreadful, dreadful A.

spazzxb
04-27-2011, 12:34 AM
I was an angry person with Jim as the coach :D

Edit: I'll be a happier person now that Dunleavy,TJ and Solo are gone :D

Dunleavy is the only one of those I can see back, if he goes for a cheep or short term deal. With the weakness of this seasons free agent class, very short if somewhat overpriced contracts could work well for us right now. Dunleavy could also use a healthy season to increase his value before signing his last long term contract.

vnzla81
04-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Dunleavy is the only one of those I can see back, if he goes for a cheep or short term deal. With the weakness of this seasons free agent class, very short if somewhat overpriced contracts could work well for us right now. Dunleavy could also use a healthy season to increase his value before signing his last long term contract.

I don't think Dunleavy has any long term contract left, he is going to maybe get like veteran minimum for a playoffs team not name the Pacers, I think is the best for him and for us to part ways and never see again.

Hicks
04-27-2011, 12:41 AM

It's unguaranteed.

LoneGranger33
04-27-2011, 12:42 AM
I never imagined I would hear an entire arena chant "Foster sucks". Must be the magic of the NBA playoffs.

Unlike JOB's ejection, I hope McRoberts' 3rd quarter dismissal wasn't the last time we see him as a member of the Indiana Pacers. He's got some work to do, for sure, but I still believe he can turn it around.

Barring an unlikely Lance Stephenson maturation, I believe A.J. Price will be back next year. I also think he'll be a much better shooter next season.

Hicks
04-27-2011, 12:43 AM
I hope we sit on our money till next year. Then we can sign FA's then resign our own guys because of bird rights.

Pretty sure you can't do that.

Hicks
04-27-2011, 12:44 AM
This game left a bad taste in my mouth.

I knew it was over as soon as they got up by about 10 early on. I literally turned to Gnome and sarcastically asked him if he wanted to do something else. From then on, this game was torture for me to watch because I knew more or less exactly what to expect, and I was mostly right on. I spent 2 and a half hours angry.

Psyren
04-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Not at all happy with the effort tonight, and Danny and Roy disgusted me.

With that being said, I'm very proud of this team in regards to the whole series. I can't wait for the offseason moves to begin, and next season to start.

#isitnextyearyet

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 12:48 AM
Pretty sure you can't do that.

Ya you can you just have to wait till July 1st/8th and sign the FA's then you can go over the cap to sign your own guys. We have the bird rights which say we can go over the cap to sign our own guys. Our own guys are RFA so we can let them enter FA without the risk of losing them.

Hicks
04-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Ya you can you just have to wait till July 1st/8th and sign the FA's then you can go over the cap to sign your own guys. We have the bird rights which say we can go over the cap to sign our own guys. Our own guys are RFA so we can let them enter FA without the risk of losing them.

I'm pretty sure there's a rule that disallows that. You can't load up on free agents then turn around and claim your Bird rights. I think they put something in the CBA to prevent that.

vnzla81
It's unguaranteed.

Is nice to know that, I wouldn't be upset if they don't bring him back.

redfoster
Good game, guys.

Heisenberg
04-27-2011, 12:52 AM
No you can't. Any outstanding FA from your team gives you a cap hold. You can renounce them, losing your Bird Rights, or extend them and use whatever's left to sign whoever. You can't have a FA coming off a max deal, sign a max FA from somewhere else, then sign your own max guy with your Bird Right since you'd have had to renounce the rights to him.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Good game, guys.

The way i see it we paid the LT when we fielded a good team. So i would think Herb would be willing to pay it again. This could all change however with the new CBA.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 12:56 AM
No you can't. Any outstanding FA from your team gives you a cap hold. You can renounce them, losing your Bird Rights, or extend them and use whatever's left to sign whoever. You can't have a FA coming off a max deal, sign a max FA from somewhere else, then sign your own max guy with your Bird Right since you'd have had to renounce the rights to him.

But it could be done right? We tell Roy we will pay you but we would like to sign another guy first before we do it. Then we just wouldnt discuss a deal with Roy untill mid July after we signed the max guy. Read this i think it can be done but i dont know for sure.

http://basketball.about.com/od/collegebasketballglossary/g/bird-rights.htm

* Qualifying Veteran Free Agent (Larry Bird) Exception: lets teams re-sign their free agents with no restriction on cap room (i.e., the only restriction is the player's maximum salary). Contracts may be up to six years in length, and annual raises may be up to 10.5% of the salary in the first season of the contract. It takes three years to qualify for this exception.Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15752#ixzz1KhFUZ2zz

immortality
04-27-2011, 12:57 AM

That team sounds horrible, Jefferson isn't as dominant as his stats imply, and Kmart is just injured most of time. Crawford is going crazy, it his contract year after all.

Sookie
04-27-2011, 12:59 AM
It's unguaranteed.

The whole thing was. But I believe he's fully guaranteed if he's still on the team at the beginning of the season.

Heisenberg
04-27-2011, 01:02 AM
But it could be done right? We tell Roy we will pay you but we would like to sign another guy first before we do it. Then we just wouldnt discuss a deal with Roy untill mid July after we signed the max guy. Read this i think it can be done but i dont know for sure.

No. Roy hitting free agency doesn't make his salary disappear, not logistically anyway. If he's an RFA and we want to keep him, we can sign whoever we want first, but his previous year's salary (I want to say 150% but I'm honestly not sure with rookie scale deals) is "on the books," taking that much cap space away.

In short, no, you cannot spend every cent of your available cap room then re-sign your own free agents. Hell we still have a cap hold of like 17 million on Rik Smits just because we've never had reason to renounce it.

xIndyFan
04-27-2011, 01:03 AM

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15752#ixzz1KhFUZ2zz

no you cannot. the cap hold prevents that. Heisenberg was correct. :nod:

judicata
04-27-2011, 01:07 AM
I wish the blowout loss had come in Game 2 instead of the elimination game.

The team was really fun to watch. They showed a lot of toughness with the exception of Dunleavy and McRoberts. Mike finally gets to the playoffs and was embarrassed. His style looks like it is in slow motion out there with the playoff intensity all around him. Josh is young and injured, so that cuts him a lot of slack. But I still think he is soft, and nothing he did during the series convinced me otherwise. His ejection was just awful, not only because he lost his head and hurt the team but because he was so ineffective in his retaliation. In my opinion he has no interest in low-post dirty work, and it shows in his physique and his style.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 01:08 AM
No. Roy hitting free agency doesn't make his salary disappear, not logistically anyway. If he's an RFA and we want to keep him, we can sign whoever we want first, but his previous year's salary (I want to say 150% but I'm honestly not sure with rookie scale deals) is "on the books," taking that much cap space away.

In short, no, you cannot spend every cent of your available cap room then re-sign your own free agents. Hell we still have a cap hold of like 17 million on Rik Smits just because we've never had reason to renounce it.

So say Roy wants a 8m per yr contract we can use the 4m differnces from his rookie contract for someone eles? If we had only 4m in cap room. Then we could resign Roy???

graphic-er
04-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Lol what has Roy done to deserve 8 million a year? Nothing. Honestly for a guy who make less than 2 million right now on his Rookie deal, he shouldn't be making over 4 mil a year for the next 3 years.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Lol what has Roy done to deserve 8 million a year? Nothing. Honestly for a guy who make less than 2 million right now on his Rookie deal, he shouldn't be making over 4 mil a year for the next 3 years.

It was just a fake siuation im trying to understand how that works. I actually want Roy gone to but thats a different convo. However he will get paid like it or not thats why I would like to trade him now then pay him. He is just to mentaly weak and not defensive minded enoght for me.

d_c
04-27-2011, 01:31 AM
So say Roy wants a 8m per yr contract we can use the 4m differnces from his rookie contract for someone eles? If we had only 4m in cap room. Then we could resign Roy???

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q31

When Roy becomes a FA, his salary will become a "cap hold" while he remains unsigned. The cap hold counts against the cap.

Under the current CBA rules (the numbers could change on the next CBA), Roy's "cap hold" will be 300% his 4th year's salary. His 4th year salary is about $2.5M, so that means his cap hold will be about $7.5M.

So he'll count for $7.5M against the cap until he is signed by another team or the Pacers sign him to a new contract (in which case he'll count against the cap for the amount of that new contract). The other way to get rid of the cap hold is to waive him and renounce his rights, but by rule, you waive his Bird rights when yo do that.

DemonHunter1105
04-27-2011, 01:50 AM
Chuck and Kenny just gave us mad props on TNT. When discussing how we compared to the Bucks last year (being an up and coming team that has a bright future), they flat out said we have way more talent than the Bucks do and we aren't going to fizzle next year. Like they said before, we are just one big player away from Eastern Conference contention.

We have seen in the past that even if we do have more talent, the Bucks can outplay us. Here's to hoping things change with this playoff appearance.

Can't wait for next season to begin!! :D

AesopRockOn
04-27-2011, 01:56 AM
I really hope we don't do what the Bucks did last offseason, trying to add a bunch of free agents to help with specific, not necessarily important things while neglecting chemistry and flexibility. Whoever is in charge after the draft needs to be patient like a praying mantis.

Constellations
04-27-2011, 02:03 AM
I really hope we don't do what the Bucks did last offseason, trying to add a bunch of free agents to help with specific, not necessarily important things while neglecting chemistry and flexibility. Whoever is in charge after the draft needs to be patient like a praying mantis.

I mentioned this last night as well on here.

Brad8888
04-27-2011, 02:51 AM
To me it felt like the ghost of JO'B took control of the Pacers offense (without the excessive 3's). No ball or player movement for long stretches, settling for early shots with nobody in rebounding position, poor decisions leading to turnovers.

I seriously wonder if there might have been truth to the Twitter post about the Pacers being out late doing shots the night before. There was little to no resemblance to what we had seen the rest of the series. I hope it was simply youth and inexperience finally catching up to them, but that is not the way it felt to me.

Very good series in which the Pacers outplayed the Bulls for at least 60% of the minutes prior to the last game. I am still proud of what Vogel got the team to accomplish, and happy that the young guys have finally begun to get their chance to develop and that they got to experience high intensity physical (by today's standards) games in hostile arenas for 4 of the 5 games.

I hope that the Pacers either sign Jeff as the vet presence for a cheap contract or allow him to go to a contender as he sees fit.

In the event that he simply retires, I hope that the Pacers have a ceremony at which they present Jeff with a tricked out dually King cab 4X4 Pickup with huge off road tires and a fancy brush package with a Navy paint job and the accessories being gold plated instead of chrome. I feel it would be a fitting tribute to the rare player who plays his entire career for one franchise and worked tirelessly to do the dirty work to further the success of the franchise every chance he got.

clownskull
04-27-2011, 02:56 AM

i am done with dun. i have no interest in seeing him back. horrible defensive liability who is useful if his shot is falling but a negative factor when it isn't.

mcbob- i'm 50/50 with him. he needs to work on some reliable post moves. he needs more than just a fun, exciting dunk game to be as good as he could be.

tj- gone.

aj- i don't really care much for him but, we need a 2nd pg and if we can't get any better, hold onto him for the upcoming season i guess.

foster- if he feels like he has another season left in him, i'd be fine with keeping him

solo- not likely to be re-signed. could be useful if he could hold onto the ball but seems to have seriously weak hands and would almost always lose the ball during a rebound if he met resistance.

i am very happy though that tinsley's contract FINALLY comes off the damn books. it's great to know that scumbum is not only no longer associated with the team but, no longer getting a dime from the team.

D-BONE
04-27-2011, 08:01 AM

Losing any and/or all of them would be of no significant consequence in my mind outside Foster. If you tell me I can only bring back one, I take him.

McBob is a decent bench player along with AJ so if they are willing to take a reasonable deal economically, pending whatever other player things we have going on, then they'd be okay. But I don't think either is essential to retain.

PacerHound
04-27-2011, 09:46 AM

I agree with you "right now." However, I have no doubt in my mind who has the most potential to be the second best player going down the road provided he is willing to put in the off season work - Hansbrough. He has to get that 50% jump shot back he had for awhile, needs to get some more post up moves, better rebounding position, and a better feel for the overall game.

However, overall, I thought he made great improvement on his defense throughout the series and his passing has improved. A lot of off season work ought to pay off.

90'sNBARocked
04-27-2011, 10:13 AM

LOL

Well, then no pick up games for you AJ, work out only with the Vets

:)

Justin Tyme
04-27-2011, 10:42 AM
The way i see it we paid the LT when we fielded a good team. So i would think Herb would be willing to pay it again. This could all change however with the new CBA.

If the Pacers lost money with good teams when they were over the LT, what makes you think Simon is going to pay the LT with a team that was under .500 with the attendance the Pacers have now? It ain't happ'n!

Justin Tyme
04-27-2011, 10:58 AM
I would like to at least try to get a point guard, maybe Felton.

I'd love to get Felton!

Now if Billups last year isn't picked up by NY, I'd be interested in him. The price would have to be right though. I know at 35 he's not the future, but he can teach Collison. Plus he's got size at the PG, and he can hit the big shot.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
If the Pacers lost money with good teams when they were over the LT, what makes you think Simon is going to pay the LT with a team that was under .500 with the attendance the Pacers have now? It ain't happ'n!

I said if we had a good team and adding an Eric Gordon and a Nene would proably be enoght to allow mr. simon pay the LT. Just hypotheticall anyway

Trader Joe
04-27-2011, 11:19 AM

I don't think so, and I actually worry about that hit to the head.

Trader Joe
04-27-2011, 11:20 AM

Yep. It felt good to have stuck by him and see him play like he did.

BTW, I'd go to war with Danny Granger. He wants to win. Let's him all the help he needs.

Trader Joe
04-27-2011, 11:27 AM

I'd say...

Granger
George
Collison or Hansbrough depending on which one has a good game and who has a bad game.

Pretty amazing considering most of us didn't even see George being a factor for 2 or 3 years.