PDA

View Full Version : Vogel: If we win Game 5, we win it all

Whiskeyjim
04-26-2011, 02:25 PM
vogel-if-we-win-tuesday-well-win-series (http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/4587/vogel-if-we-win-tuesday-well-win-series)

I'm not sure I would have taken this approach, but there it is. I'll give him one thing; it is a ballsy thing to say. Given their play down the stretch, I'm not sure I would adding pressure to game 5 though.

Trader Joe
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Frank is quite the optimist.

Since86
04-26-2011, 02:33 PM
I know it's hard to see from the thread title but.....

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=64006

kielbeze
04-26-2011, 02:34 PM
If we win he is a legend though think about it! Frank has Cajones!

Unclebuck
04-26-2011, 02:36 PM
when did he say they would win it all.

wow

vnzla81
04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Crap

Whiskeyjim
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM

wowmy reaction as well. Vogel has been great, but I don't think that was smart. The last thing he wants is to **** the Bulls off and put more pressure on his team.

TheDon
04-26-2011, 02:40 PM
I always see these things the other way around I think it puts more pressure on the other team to take it upon themselves to make sure they don't make the people with these sorts of statements look like prophets. If anything I think it makes our guys focus more.

BRushWithDeath
04-26-2011, 02:40 PM

wow

He didn't.

Trader Joe
04-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah the thread title is a bit misleading.

Major Cold
04-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Wells twitted it. If we win tonight...we have 2 more games to win.

Ozwalt72
Guess what? If we lose today, we lose the series.

Wow, right?

Wow.

/shrug this is a good confidence. If Chicago gets offended by this and wants to prove us wrong...let us win this game and make them beat us again. That's fine! Because, uh, if they beat us tonight, they would have obviously been tooooooo scaaaaared of what Frank said.

...insert smiley here

Peck
I won't go so far as to say we will win the series but if for some reason we do win tonight the Bulls need to be very nervous going forward.

Our team is not a team you want to give them a chance to build momentum.

God it feels good to talk about the Pacers again in a positive fashion.

clossin
my reaction as well. Vogel has been great, but I don't think that was smart. The last thing he wants is to **** the Bulls off and put more pressure on his team.

Eh, what pressure? We're not supposed to win any of these games anyway.

Why not have a little fun?

I know this is just the honeymoon period, but I can't ever remember being more excited about a coach than Vogel.

PacersFan1991
04-26-2011, 02:45 PM
If we win tonight.....Game 6 at Conseco filled with all those **** Bulls Fans :mad:

owl
04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
I just made sure 2 seats will NOT be occupied by Bulls fans.

BRushWithDeath
04-26-2011, 03:47 PM
If we win game 5, game 6 will resemble game 3 much more so than game 4.

Chicago people have jobs too.

Bball
04-26-2011, 03:54 PM
A win tonight is irrelevant

Signed Jim O'Brien

Gold
04-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Holy misleading title batman!

Rogco
04-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I like it.

90'sNBARocked
04-26-2011, 04:13 PM
I won't go so far as to say we will win the series but if for some reason we do win tonight the Bulls need to be very nervous going forward.

Our team is not a team you want to give them a chance to build momentum.

God it feels good to talk about the Pacers again in a positive fashion.

Now make sure that mother in law of yours knows it aint over till that fat chick sings, and those vocal cords are still cold

:)

joeyd
04-26-2011, 04:15 PM
If we win game 5, game 6 will resemble game 3 much more so than game 4.

Chicago people have jobs too.

They have jobs? I guess some employers can even make use of many of the class-less dregs that invaded Conseco in Game 4... Or maybe they don't have jobs!

joeyd
04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
If we do win Game 5, I hope I'm not the only person that brings a "Bring Frank Back" sign to Game 6....

The Jackson shimmy
04-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Whatever Vogel said or didn't (which I have little interest in) aside,
winning tonight is gonna take more of an effort and more attention
to detail than in any of the previous 4 games.

The Bulls have had 3 days to adjust and tweak what they are doing,
Deng and to a lesser degree, Noah, has gotten untracked and a bit
gimpy or not, Rose is probably not gonna go 4 for 18 or whatever
it was, again.

Plus, I expect at least one of the Bulls, lesser role players (they
always play better at home) to have an impact tonight.

For the Pacers to win, I suspect that 2 of 3 out of Hibbs, Hans
and Collison will need to step up tonight and play close to their
A-game.

Can they ? Will they ? We shall see.

IndyHoya
04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
I think were going to come out and its going to be a game very similar to the first four games, said Granger. I think we have the momentum coming this way. For four games, we havent won all of them, but weve outplayed them. We know we can play here and we know we can get a win here.

pizza guy
04-26-2011, 04:40 PM
I like it. What have we got to lose? We're supposed to get blown out in this series, and the pressure is clearly on the Bulls to prove that they are who they thought they were. If we win again tonight, then the pressure really heats up. If we lose, but it's still close, the Bulls walk away from this series with the question in their head of whether or not the Pacers could have beaten them. If they blow us out, then it's all forgotten in the long run.

I really, really like Frank Vogel.

thefeistyone
04-26-2011, 04:51 PM
A big meh reponse from me.

It's just motivation. Frank has gotten the team motivated for every game this series and that's really hard to do with tough losses. Who am I to question his tactics now?

If they do win tonight I will say momentum and home court would be on our side to force a game 7. That's as far as I'd take it.

CableKC
04-26-2011, 05:06 PM
A big meh reponse from me.

It's just motivation. Frank has gotten the team motivated for every game this series and that's really hard to do with tough losses. Who am I to question his tactics now?

If they do win tonight I will say momentum and home court would be on our side to force a game 7. That's as far as I'd take it.
This +100.

More realistic IMHO.

spazzxb
04-26-2011, 05:31 PM
A win tonight is irrelevant

Signed Jim O'Brien
:growup:

ksuttonjr76
04-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Ironic enough, my prediction was Bulls in 5, HOWEVER...if the Bulls don't beat Indiana in Game 5, then I predicted Indiana in 7 games. As I stated before, Indiana is a dangerous team if their confidence is allowed to continue to grow.

PacerDude
04-26-2011, 05:53 PM
I like it.

What's he supposed to say ?? "Well, I just don't see us winning this game, so I guess the season is over. And if we DO win, there's no way we win game 6 AND 7. Might as well lay down tonite and get going on our vacations."

I like his approach, confidence & arrogance. If it just puts a shred of confidence in the team - mission accomplished.

Now ................. LET'S GO AND F'IN DO IT. :dance:

BRushWithDeath
04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
:growup:

Oh the irony.

Hicks
04-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Doesn't hurt, really. Lose, and who cares. Win, and it's extra motivation moving forward.

ndcoltsnpacers
04-26-2011, 06:06 PM
If we win tonight.....Game 6 at Conseco filled with all those **** Bulls Fans :mad:

I actually would expect it to be better than game 3 which wasn't great but nothing like game 4. We win tonight? I expect their fans confidence to be a lot lower than when they scored their game 3-4 tickets, and a lot more of our casual fans to pick up tickets within hours of the end of the game. Plus our fans who already have tickets will be less willing to sell them because we'd have shown up and won twice in a row at that point. Let's just win tonight though.

pianoman
04-26-2011, 06:27 PM
BALLS: FRANK VOGEL'S GOT 'EM.

I love the confidence!