PDA

View Full Version : It's cliche, but what the hell: Bulls 90's vs Lakers 2000s

Hicks
02-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Who wins? The 90's Bulls teams or the 00's, Lakers teams?

Peck
02-07-2004, 05:31 PM
I gotta go with the Lakers.

The Bulls had the pleasure of never facing a team that had a dominate center on it in the finals & that year no matter what you think of him, Shaq was a dominate center.

Bryant would have at least equaled Pippen & IMO probably would have neutralized him altogether.

So that leaves Shaq vs. M.J.

While Jordan is hands down the best player, there would be no stopping Shaq.

I take the Lakers in 6.

Suaveness
02-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Bulls....no question. They may not have had to play shaq all that much, but you are talking about MJ. THE MJ. You can't stop him when he gets going. Bulls in 5

Slick Pinkham
02-07-2004, 07:24 PM
I'd have to say Bulls-- at least the teams with Harper-Jordan-Pippen-Rodman at 1-4.

That was in my opinion the greatest all-around defensive team ever assembled. They had arguably 4 of the top 6 or 7 defenders in the league.

Sure, the middle was a doughnut. But the perimeter defense was suffocating.

They won 72 games for a reason.

Shade
02-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Bulls easily.

Of course, Kobe would have been a completely different player, instead of an MJ-wannabe.

ROCislandWarrior
02-08-2004, 12:46 AM
Sure, the middle was a doughnut. But the perimeter defense was suffocating.

hmmm... What are they going to do...triple team shaq???

They wouldn't even be able to contain him.

Bball
02-08-2004, 03:13 AM
If we are talking 2000 Lakers.... vs MJ's Bulls.... I don't think it is cut and dried either way.

Shaq could/should dominate and Kobe should/could make the Bulls play him (Shaq) honest....

But we can't forget that in 2000 the Lakers hadn't won a championship with their current cast. The Bulls would have experience on their side.

Could Jordan alone balance out Shaq's dominance for a series? Would the Bull's carry 'the respect of the officials' who could take Shaq out of his game by calling charging and 3 secs when warranted?

So, the Lakers could expose the Bulls interior weakness... or actually show it isn't as weak as we have thought. The Bulls have Jordan and Pippen... and some quality role players... the Bulls' interior wouldn't have to match Shaq. They'd just need to be 'ok'. Maybe they rise to that standard if pressed?

What you'd probably have is a game that would be very interesting to watch. Do the refs call it fairly? That is one key and is hard to debate considering who the players are.

I go with the experience of the Bulls over the 2000 Lakers. It might go 7... and it might be a war... but I think the Bulls could get the needed stops and big baskets.

Experience is a major factor when it comes to the playoffs. It is one reason I would've liked to have seen the Pacers tweak the lineup and take another shot. Most teams don't get that close....

-Bball

Anthem
02-08-2004, 03:24 AM
Are we talking about the Laker team that beat us or the current version? I think the current version would get smoked.

The one we played, and the next year, would have beaten any MJ team.

Sure, MJ > Kobe. But Pippen <<<< Shaq.

Lakers in 6.

Charcoal Filtered
02-08-2004, 05:02 AM
Does Phil get to coach both teams?

Hicks
02-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Does Phil get to coach both teams?

Since it was fantasy anyway, SURE! why not? :laugh: Give'm both the same exact (including age/experience) coaching staffs.

And Anthem, as easy as it is to do because of the similarities in their game, I don't view it MJ/Kobe and Pippen/Shaq.

I view it as MJ/Shaq, and Pippen/Kobe. And that tips the scale considerably.

MJ>Shaq and Pippen at that time would only be maybe <<than Kobe at worst.

ChicagoJ
02-09-2004, 01:31 PM
The best team ever - the '83 Sixers would smash both of them. :devil: Probably 4-1 over either team in a seven game series (although they might have been able to sweep any version of the Bulls other than the 72-win team.)

Moses >> Shaq (Against the Bulls, Moses would get to play against Rodman, now wouldn't that be a fun rebounding matchup to watch! - BTW; Moses, as a rebounder, at least > or maybe >> Rodman.)

Julius > Jordan or Kobe

Bobby Jones would neutralize Pippen (yes, really)

Andrew Toney >>> Ron Harper

Mo Cheeks >>>> Any other guard from either team

[hr]
For Bulls/ Lakers: Well, its already been said, but its so true that the Shaq of 2001 or 2001 would just be too much for the Bulls to overcome at either end of the floor. Lakers win 4-2, and our game #6 against the Lakers would be closer than the final score of this game #6.