PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Mayo? No thanks.

Reginald
04-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Counting last night, I've watched Memphis play probably three or four times this season. Mayo strikes me as a disinterested underachiever who goes half speed most of the time he's on the court. I don't see how his addition could have been a net gain to the Pacers' roster. Anyone who was disappointed in that trade falling through just isn't paying attention.

LucasRL13
04-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Do not say that.

Yesterday the two best plays of the game in Memphis, was the OJ Mayo

OJ Mayo is a great player, and was aware of Crawford a big boost for our team

cdash
04-26-2011, 11:56 AM
I actually think OJ Mayo played pretty well last night.

...but he is not a great player.

LucasRL13
04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
I actually think OJ Mayo played pretty well last night.

...but he is not a great player.

Do you have any SG better in our team?

cdash
04-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Do you have any SG better in our team?

Yeah, Paul George.

Being better than the SGs on our team certainly wouldn't make you "great" either. It would make you above average.

naptownmenace
04-26-2011, 12:10 PM
I thought that drive and reverse dunk was very impressive. He also hit a big 3 pointer late in game 3, IIRC.

OJ is an upgrade over Dunleavy at the very least and he's only in his 3rd season. He still has potential although I don't think he has the superstar potential everyone thought he had in High School and college.

I wanted OJ and was disappointed that the Pacers didn't get him but hindsight is 20/20. I'm now glad the trade didn't happen because the Pacers needed McRoberts more than they needed OJ Mayo. Foster missed a ton of games after the trade deadline and McRoberts gave the Pacers some important production.

IUfan4life
04-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Probably not the smartest thing to post on a guy you have only seen 3 times this season

righteouscool
04-26-2011, 12:30 PM
I think he just needs a new place to play. He put up borderline all star numbers his rookie year and imo still have the potential. He's not athletic enough to be a superstar, but I think he could be a very good scorer with a new team. He's also a decent passer. I'm not a huge fan of his defense, but I think he can hold his own and we already have a ton of great wing defenders.

I think Memphis will part with him for nothing and the PAcer's are one of the teams that can absorb his salary. I really hope they go after him if it costs little to nothing. He could be a big gain for how cheap he can be had.

BRushWithDeath
04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
He seems like a really bad fit for this organization in my opinion.

If as many of you think we go after him again after the season, I hope I'm wrong.

Reginald
04-26-2011, 12:46 PM
I've seen him play 3-4 times this season, including once in person, watched him at least that many times the previous couple years and a lot in college. Is that better?

Mayo is the poster child for the reasons people hate the NBA. Minus the occasional burst and above-the-rim move, he's incredibly average. His movement without the ball is horrible. And he's soft, mentally and most especially physically. The least I expect from a guy with that type of elite athleticism are some nice pipes. What's his trainer got him curling, bags of Doritos?

Mr_Smith
04-26-2011, 01:10 PM
I'll take OJ over Brandon Rush any day though...

Tom White
04-26-2011, 01:19 PM
I thought that drive and reverse dunk was very impressive. He also hit a big 3 pointer late in game 3, IIRC.

OJ is an upgrade over Dunleavy at the very least and he's only in his 3rd season. He still has potential although I don't think he has the superstar potential everyone thought he had in High School and college.

He may be an upgrade athletically, but as far as basketball IQ, passing abilities, moving without the ball and those sort of things, I'm not so sure.

I wanted OJ and was disappointed that the Pacers didn't get him but hindsight is 20/20. I'm now glad the trade didn't happen because the Pacers needed McRoberts more than they needed OJ Mayo. Foster missed a ton of games after the trade deadline and McRoberts gave the Pacers some important production.

This, more than anything else.

Also -

I've watched some of the Memphis playoff games, and the thing that strikes me about Mayo is the very thing we don't like for our players to do. He seems to have a tendency to hang out at the three point line and not get involved unless he has the ball. Maybe it is what they want him to do, but I doubt it. Remember how many times many of us have gotten on Granger's case for the same thing?

Almost forgot to add - the guy is 14-42 from the field in this playoff series. 14 of 42! Is that supposed to be an upgrade over our current guards?

90'sNBARocked
04-26-2011, 01:25 PM
While not overly impressed with Mayo

I would trade McBob for him in a NY minute

Gamble1
04-26-2011, 01:33 PM
IF you had to chose between OJ Mayo, Jason Richardson or Jamal Crawford who would you choose?

Honestly I am torn between all 3. I like OJ short contract but hate the reports of his attitude problems. Jamal Crawford and Richardson are older and would cost a lot more which makes me hesitate signing them to a 4 year deal.

Of the 3 I think Richardson has the best defense and is more reliable overall.

TheDon
04-26-2011, 01:34 PM
I wanted OJ and was disappointed that the Pacers didn't get him but hindsight is 20/20.

I don't think we ever had the opportunity to get him did we? I thought he went pretty high in the draft a couple years ago.

IUfan4life
04-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Let him run free with the second unit. Ala Jamaal Crawford.

Gamble1
04-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I don't think we ever had the opportunity to get him did we? I thought he went pretty high in the draft a couple years ago.
I think he means the trade.......

90'sNBARocked
04-26-2011, 01:37 PM

We did

We had a trade agreed to at the deadline that would have sent McBob to Memphis and Mayo to the Pacers

Day-V
04-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Probably not the smartest thing to post on a guy you have only seen 3 times this season

It's 3 more times than what graphic-er has seen Dwight Howard play this year, at least...

DemonHunter1105
04-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Don't want to derail this thread, but didn't want to make a new one. Does anyone think we have a realistic shot at trading for Manu if SA loses and decides to blow it up? They would probably want Paul, but I would make a package around Tyler and Roy if I had to.

This would effectively solve our closer problem, bring in a leader, and give us a very dangerous wing rotation. Unfortunately, we would have to replace Roy. Just a thought.

90'sNBARocked
04-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Don't want to derail this thread, but didn't want to make a new one. Does anyone think we have a realistic shot at trading for Manu if SA loses and decides to blow it up? They would probably want Paul, but I would make a package around Tyler and Roy if I had to.

This would effectively solve our closer problem, bring in a leader, and give us a very dangerous wing rotation. Unfortunately, we would have to replace Roy. Just a thought.

Probably not but honestly he is a little too old, expensive and injured for my liking

MillerTime
04-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Mayo needs a change of scenery. Kind of reminds me of how Beasley did in the beginning of the season when he was traded.

PacerPride33
04-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Mayo is definetely better than what we can get in the first round of this year's draft anyway, and that is all its most likely going to take to get him this off-season. I agree that I think he is a different player in a different environment. He comes here and would be a great 6th man, maybe starting SG. He has a ton of potential still too and don't forget he can match up with bigger point guards on defense

vnzla81
04-26-2011, 02:02 PM
It's 3 more times than what graphic-er has seen Dwight Howard play this year, at least...

Hahahahaha :laugh:

pacergod2
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Mayo's defense this series has been surprisingly good. This is a good sign, but also a bad sign. Where was his defense all year long? Adjusting to his role of pouting from the bench?

I just don't really care for Mayo. I think his talent is there, but I doubt his willingness to become a great player. I'd trade Lance Stephenson for him though.

I'd rather trade for Sam Young from Memphis.

naptownmenace
04-26-2011, 02:53 PM
IF you had to chose between OJ Mayo, Jason Richardson or Jamal Crawford who would you choose?

Honestly I am torn between all 3. I like OJ short contract but hate the reports of his attitude problems. Jamal Crawford and Richardson are older and would cost a lot more which makes me hesitate signing them to a 4 year deal.

Of the 3 I think Richardson has the best defense and is more reliable overall.

I like Jason Richardson but I think Jamal Crawford is the best at getting his own shot. He's a guy that is good at shooting off the dribble while JRich is more of a catch and shoot player. Jamal Crawford is also very clutch and has been since he was with the Bulls.

I like OJ's potential and he could wind up being a Jamal Crawford type of player. It took Jamal several years to figure out the NBA game.

Tom White
04-26-2011, 03:12 PM
I just don't really care for Mayo. I think his talent is there, but I doubt his willingness to become a great player. I'd trade Lance Stephenson for him though.

That is the best idea in this whole thread, or any of the other threads about Mayo.

BRushWithDeath
04-26-2011, 03:29 PM
That is the best idea in this whole thread, or any of the other threads about Mayo.

I don't care for Mayo ( I prefer mustard) but trading Stephenson for him is a no-brainer.

One bad apple for another but at least Mayo can contribute.

Trophy
04-26-2011, 03:33 PM
He has more talent than anyone we have currently.

In his rookie year, he was playing like a star in the making and pretty much had a leadership role.

Since adding more young players, he's falling back a little and his minutes have been reduced.

I'd be happy to go out and get him. I think he'd do better here, or anywhere else as the starting SG again.

90'sNBARocked
04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Boy Lance isn't even playing, yet somehow cant escape PD's wrath

Maybe I am being extreemly nieve, but God how I hope the day comes where we look back and say Lance got his act together and is playing great

if it doesnt i'll live with the egg on my face

thatch3232
04-26-2011, 04:27 PM
While Mayo would have helped our offense this year, I am more than happy to give PG more time, and save money to sign Eric Gordon after next season. He is a hometown guy, and perfect fit for the team.

Reginald
04-26-2011, 04:45 PM
If you had to chose between OJ Mayo, Jason Richardson or Jamal Crawford who would you choose?

Of these three, Jamal would be the no-brainer pick. I'm a big fan of Crawford. I don't buy the age thing; he's still younger than Jordan, Reggie and Ray Allen in their post-season heydays. And in terms of creating a shot off the dribble, I'd rank probably Kobe and Durant above him and few others.

It all comes down to cash. I know there was some contract haggling with the Hawks. Anybody have a sense of what kind of money Crawford is looking for?

vnzla81
04-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Mayo for a second rounder(Josh) is a no brainer, the guy has potential and could be a nice player off the bench, to bad his value is going up everytime Memphis wins.

pacer4ever
04-26-2011, 06:19 PM

LOL yes many people have only seen him play in the playoffs. I saw him about 10-12 times this year he was buried on the bench and only played 20-25 mins per when I watched. He did go off vs the Kings in the game I call the best game of the season. I would be intersted if the price is right just depends on the price.

Scot Pollard
04-26-2011, 06:22 PM
I want Eric Gordon the most.

OJ Mayo isn't a terrible guy to bring in, but Gordon would definitely answer our sub .500 record and put us a lot higher in the standings.

LucasRL13
04-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Yeah, Paul George.

Being better than the SGs on our team certainly wouldn't make you "great" either. It would make you above average.

In the future yes...But George is a SF...

I like OJ

ballism
04-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Mayo's defense this series has been surprisingly good. This is a good sign, but also a bad sign. Where was his defense all year long? Adjusting to his role of pouting from the bench?

I must have been watching a different Mayo all year long. Mayo has always been a very willing defender, albeit limited by size and short-ish arms. This year included.
His more annoying issues this year have been on the offensive end, actually. As in, poor shot selection at times, breaking plays, trying to be 'the man'. Which isn't unexpected - any player not named Manu finds it difficult to keep his head straight after a radical role change.

I like Mayo, McRoberts + no.15 pick was an absolute steal. Great value. We need to forget about it now though, he won't be that cheap. Unless Memphis brainfarts again.

QuickRelease
04-26-2011, 07:49 PM
While Mayo would have helped our offense this year, I am more than happy to give PG more time, and save money to sign Eric Gordon after next season. He is a hometown guy, and perfect fit for the team.If the Clippers are smart, they'll do everything they can to lock up Gordon before he ever gets a sniff of free agency.

xBulletproof
04-26-2011, 08:14 PM
If the Clippers are smart, they'll do everything they can to lock up Gordon before he ever gets a sniff of free agency.

When have the Clippers ever been smart?

Secondly, Crawford can create shots yes, but you still have to be able to make them. He doesn't make enough of them for my liking.

itzryan07
04-26-2011, 10:19 PM
OJ Mayo is a big reason why they are up against SA! He is giving them good play off the bench. He shouldnt even be on there

cdash
04-26-2011, 10:27 PM
In the future yes...But George is a SF...

I like OJ

Why is he a SF? He plays SG and is currently guarding a PG. Why exactly is he not an SG? He's too tall?

MrHale
04-27-2011, 12:43 AM
For what the trade was gonna be I think its more oj mayo yes please... mcroberts and a first.. straight steal

Hicks
04-27-2011, 12:47 AM
I would have rather taken my chances with OJ Mayo than the mostly nothing we got out of McRoberts and Rush in this series.

Hoop
04-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Talent wise Mayo is easily worth it.

I still don't know about Mayo the person off court, his family related drama, etc. I use to be more tolerant of that kinda of stuff, but it's burned us to many times. Same reason I'm already done with Lance.

Fans will come back, but if off the court stuff is on the news, who knows. This is a fickle sports town.

Taterhead
04-27-2011, 02:30 AM
Why is he a SF? He plays SG and is currently guarding a PG. Why exactly is he not an SG? He's too tall?

Because he is the prototypical SF and would maximize his talent there. His all around game is his strength and I think playing SF maximizes that kind of talent. His quickness advantage at SF would be special.

People have always compared Danny to Scottie Pippen. And that has puzzled me. George is the one who reminds me of Scottie. Everything about his game reminds me of a very young and raw 20 year old Pippen.

His defensive ability is very rare. He has all the physical tools and all the instincts to go with it. And at SF I think it would be an even bigger asset for us. He can still match up on the perimeter at times. But keeping him as close to the basket as possible is a good idea. He is a very good rebounder and shot blocker with both hands. And on offense, I see George and I see a potential point forward like Pippen. He can do a little bit of everything.

Just because a guy can play SG doesn't mean he should. I don't want Paul having to fight off screens and chase guys on the perimeter. I want him closer to the basket helping on drivers and playing the passing lanes.

Taterhead
04-27-2011, 02:40 AM

OJ has always been a very good defender.

The problem in Memphis has been that there have not been enough basketballs for everybody. They have a lot of guys who need the ball to be effective. Moving Mayo to the bench and inserting Tony Allen was a chemistry move more than anything.

I think here Mayo would have a real chance to blossom. Fans are impressed with Paul George as a 20 year old rookie. Well, Mayo averaged 18.5 PPG 4 RPG and 3 APG while shooting good percentages as a 20 year old rookie.

Basketball a lot of times is about fit and timing. And Mayo fits good here. We need people who can create off the dribble and he is good at that. And he is only 23 or so. He would be a very nice pick up and could be a huge steal for us. It all depends on the price. I fear we let him get away with that deadline fiasco though. Now it will likely cost much more if we want to revisit it.

Natston
04-27-2011, 03:08 AM
LOL yes many people have only seen him play in the playoffs. I saw him about 10-12 times this year he was buried on the bench and only played 20-25 mins per when I watched. He did go off vs the Kings in the game I call the best game of the season. I would be intersted if the price is right just depends on the price.

So the trade would have to include A.J.? ;)

Constellations
04-27-2011, 05:21 AM
I don't care for Mayo ( I prefer mustard) but trading Stephenson for him is a no-brainer.

Don't ask me why I didn't laugh at this.

pacergod2
04-27-2011, 09:37 AM
I think OJ is a VERY capable defender. It is just that he disappears defensively a lot. I know a lot of it probably had more to do with losing playing time. When he wants to, he is a special player. I just worry about him ever being the player he is capable of.

That is my whole conceern with the kid. Talent is there.

diamonddave00
04-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Totally off the subject but could you possibly be a worse teammate than Jason Richardson? Inpregnating a team mates wife ( Steve Nash's), sorry I know its off the court but hard to see teammates trusting him on or off the court.

ballism
04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Totally off the subject but could you possibly be a worse teammate than Jason Richardson? Inpregnating a team mates wife ( Steve Nash's), sorry I know its off the court but hard to see teammates trusting him on or off the court.

wasn't that yellow press?

graphic-er
04-27-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm not concerned about Mayo's baggage. He was one year left on his deal so he would be a one year rental prior to us getting Gordon. So if he screws up, eh... if he blossoms then he is a very valuable asset. If we do acquire Mayo, Bird just needs to lay down the law and say "It appears that you have had some issues in the past. If you bring those issues to this franchise, I will bench you just like i benched Tinsley, just like I benched TJ Ford, just like I benched Born Ready who you know well and you will get to know alot better. Understood?"

Gamble1
04-27-2011, 02:15 PM
On 1070 Wells just said that we will be going after OJ Mayo again in the off season.

OF course this is only if Bird is back as President.

Sparhawk
04-27-2011, 02:21 PM
OJ Mayo is fine if he's coming off the bench. PG should start at the 2-guard.

What would it mean for Lance if we get OJ? Cut, trade filler?

I still hope Lance gets his act together. Just a damn shame when a guy has amazing talent, but basically throws it all away.

RWB
04-27-2011, 02:22 PM
On 1070 Wells just said that we will be going after OJ Mayo again in the off season.

OF course this is only if Bird is back as President.

After the Grizz signing Randolph to the big contract and needing the extra cash to re-sign Gasol then this makes perfect sense.

Gamble1
04-27-2011, 02:22 PM

I still hope Lance gets his act together. Just a damn shame when a guy has amazing talent, but basically throws it all away.
I think Bird likes Oj more than PG and Mayo would start even though a lot the fans would rather give the minutes to PG.

Gamble1
04-27-2011, 02:39 PM
After the Grizz signing Randolph to the big contract and needing the extra cash to re-sign Gasol then this makes perfect sense.
What about a sign and trade for Marc Gasol and include OJ for our first round pick and Hibbert.

Unclebuck
04-27-2011, 02:55 PM
I think Bird likes Oj more than PG and Mayo would start even though a lot the fans would rather give the minutes to PG.

it is up to the coach though. I could see where we have Danny, OJ and Paul sharing the minutes at the shooting guard and small forward.

96 minutes available.

Danny plays 34 mins per at small forward.
OJ plays 30 minutes per at shooting guard.
George plays 14 minutes at small forward and 18 minutes at shooting guard. So Paul gets 32 minutes per game overall.

start who ever you want

No reason that cannot happen

MyFavMartin
04-27-2011, 03:03 PM
What about a sign and trade for Marc Gasol and include OJ for our first round pick and Hibbert.

Can't combine players with a S&T under the current rules. Unclear in the next CBA. We'd have to send a lot more than Roy and a 1st for Gasol and OJ... A LOT MORE.

Gamble1
04-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Can't combine players with a S&T under the current rules. Unclear in the next CBA. We'd have to send a lot more than Roy and a 1st for Gasol and OJ... A LOT MORE.
Fine make them separate deals then. Gasol is slightly better than Hibbert but he's not a ton better.

I could see the Grizzlies wanting to resign Battier as well. Cap room is going to be tight for the Grizzlies.

ballism
04-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Fine make them separate deals then. Gasol is slightly better than Hibbert but he's not a ton better.

I could see the Grizzlies wanting to resign Battier as well. Cap room is going to be tight for the Grizzlies.

Gasol is a tough, rugged center. He's becoming a Perkins without injury problems and much more efficient on offense.
I know Michael Heisley has done crazier things in the past, but it would be stupid to trade Gasol for Hibs+1st. And obviously same goes for Gasol+Mayo for Hibs+1st.

DemonHunter1105
04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Gasol is a tough, rugged center. He's becoming a Perkins without injury problems and much more efficient on offense.
I know Michael Heisley has done crazier things in the past, but it would be stupid to trade Gasol for Hibs+1st. And obviously same goes for Gasol+Mayo for Hibs+1st.

Well if they know they can't wrap that much money in a few players, I don't see why it can't happen. It is funny you bring up Perkins, because it is widely seen that the Thunder won the trade for Perkins. They knew they couldn't give him the money he wanted so they got what they could for him before the deadline which is smart in my opinion. Same thing could possibly happen with Gasol.

ballism
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Well if they know they can't wrap that much money in a few players, I don't see why it can't happen. It is funny you bring up Perkins, because it is widely seen that the Thunder won the trade for Perkins. They knew they couldn't give him the money he wanted so they got what they could for him before the deadline which is smart in my opinion. Same thing could possibly happen with Gasol.

I see your point, but you are totally relying on Grizzlies' incredible stupidity here. Do you really think they "forgot" about Gasol when they gave all that money to Z-Bo, Gay and Conley just months and weeks ago? More likely, they think they can afford Gasol.
And, you know, it's not like they are in cap hell. They coul resign Gasol to a max deal if they wanted to, and still be under current luxury tax.

Hoop
04-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Why is everyone still ignoring the possible headline "Pacer player's father on trial for the attempted murder of a policeman"

How does that go over?

Young
04-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Why is everyone still ignoring the possible headline "Pacer player's father on trial for the attempted murder of a policeman"

How does that go over?

Players can't control those around them. As long as the headline isn't "OJ Mayo on trial..." then it's not a PR issue, IMO.

I have warmed up to the idea of OJ on this team. Why? When you consider what the Pacers need (scoring), what assets the Pacers can trade, and who will be availabe that fills the need then OJ Mayo is probably the best fit.

Go get OJ. As long as the Pacers don't have to trade Danny, Paul, Darren, Tyler or Roy to get him it will probably be a good move.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Wells said they are gonna do anything they can to get OJ Mayo. on Dan Dakich

CableKC
04-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Okay...I guess I can live with that.

Reginald
04-27-2011, 06:20 PM
I still say Jamal Crawford is a better fit than Mayo.

pacer4ever
04-27-2011, 06:23 PM
I still say Jamal Crawford is a better fit than Mayo.

Not for the money and years Crawford will want

90'sNBARocked
04-27-2011, 06:33 PM

LOL, really?

ballism
04-27-2011, 06:34 PM

How does that go over?

Personally, I felt sorry for Mayo there. Although maybe I shouldn't. His dad left his mother and him when he was little, and that's probably for the best considering what the dad does for a living.

Doddage
04-27-2011, 06:38 PM

If we got OJ, I couldn't care less what we do with Lance.

Young
04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
If we got OJ, I couldn't care less what we do with Lance.

Even if we don't get OJ my feelings wont be hurt if Lance is cut.

Trophy
04-27-2011, 06:55 PM

That's pretty interesting.

I felt like Bird was going to try and pull off a deal after missing the deadline.

I hope we don't give up too much though.

pwee31
04-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Griz need cap space, after Gasol won't be able to sign Mayo learn term, and doubt they would want to seeing his role before Rudy Gay got hurt.

One thing I like about Mayo is he seems to want to take the big shot, and can actually create his own. He only turns 24 in November. He has actually helped the Griz quite a bit in this series. He handled the near trade pretty well. If not for salary reasons, I could see the Griz keeping him

Hoop
04-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Personally, I felt sorry for Mayo there. Although maybe I shouldn't. His dad left his mother and him when he was little, and that's probably for the best considering what the dad does for a living.
I hear ya, I'm not saying I blame OJ for what his Dad or people around him have done.

We do know how the public turned on the Pacers and how long it has took for fans to come back, and they are not back yet.

I'm just very leery about ANY bad press.

Most of Shawn Williams "issues" was to do with his Dad, Shawn and his Dad's friends. Still it was a Pacer player on the news, shown in a bad light.

Jared Sullinger
04-27-2011, 08:27 PM

Was this recently or right after the failed deadline deal?

pwee31
04-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Was this recently or right after the failed deadline deal?

It was today

itzryan07
04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
I hope we get OJ. How can u guys not like him. He has so much talent
he needs a fresh start and it should be here starting. If we get OJ I don't see the need for EJ. OJ is just as good or better. EJ prolly has better stats cause he is the go 2 Guy on his team. While OJ has a guy named Rudy gay on his team. We reall could of used Mayo in the playoffs.

rwill784
04-27-2011, 09:24 PM
he needs a fresh start and it should be here starting. If we get OJ I don't see the need for EJ. OJ is just as good or better. EJ prolly has better stats cause he is the go 2 Guy on his team. While OJ has a guy named Rudy gay on his team. We reall could of used Mayo in the playoffs.

And a guy named Zach Randolph, and Marc Gasol.

OJ is a 20 ppg player in the league, and got in the doghouse with Memphis. I'd take him in a heartbeat. EJ is good but is injury prone and is really inconsistent if you watch him play.

itzryan07
04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
And a guy named Zach Randolph, and Marc Gasol.

OJ is a 20 ppg player in the league, and got in the doghouse with Memphis. I'd take him in a heartbeat. EJ is good but is injury prone and is really inconsistent if you watch him play.

exactly, OJ was my favorite player coming out of the 2008 draft class. The thing is when he went to the bench Coach Hollins wanted a scorer off the bench but OJ never adapted to the role. He is a starter and i hope he is for our team.

graphic-er
04-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Make it so Larry! Make it so!

cdash
04-27-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm still very "meh" on OJ Mayo.

lilojmayo
05-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post

Both Eric Gordon and OJ Mayo are going to be big big time players fighting for the best SG spot in a 2-3 seasons if Wade and Kobe decline along with Tyreke Evans, Monta Ellis and Austin Rivers.

From what I have read on here it seems like a sure thing Larry Legend is going to do whatever it takes to get OJ. OJ should be fairly cheap since Memphis is trying to resign their key players like Gasol and maybe even Battier.

Pacers will be a place where OJ will be able to flourish and play both the PG and SG slots which makes him more versatile. Anyone watching the OKC-MEM series you see 6'3 190 lbs Russell Westbrook destroying 6'1 175 lbs Conley in the post. OJ Mayo is 6'4 and 210-212 lbs. Imagine the matchup problems if he sees some back up PG in the post.

Pacer fans think Zach Randolph to Grizzlies for nothing type of deal. That's what your going to get with OJ.

Bright days are ahead for this franchise.