PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else feel like its the 1700s and we are fighting the british?

pacers_heath
04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I mean they're red, we're blue. we're largely outnumbered in fanbase, especially after that invasion saturday. they have all the money, supplies, and fancy weapons. we've got ... a can-do attitude. everyone thinks we're idiots for trying to stand up to them but we still believe. the odds are against us but we're not scared...

lets take it to those lobsterbacks

Kuq_e_Zi91
04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Coach Vogel? Is that you?

Lord Helmet
04-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Coach Vogel? Is that you?
That'd be awesome.

Eleazar
04-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I mean they're red, we're blue. we're largely outnumbered in fanbase, especially after that invasion saturday. they have all the money, supplies, and fancy weapons. we've got ... a can-do attitude. everyone thinks we're idiots for trying to stand up to them but we still believe. the odds are against us but we're not scared...

lets take it to those lobsterbacks

To add to that analogy, at the beginning the rebels had very little success. Once they did, and got the support of the French they were able to be successful. Although I will say it isn't the best example because we never truly defeated the British they just kind of decided it was no longer worth their time.

I kind of prefer WW2. Germany didn't have much then suddenly they were able to dominated everyone. For the first half of the war Germany almost never lost a battle. Then about the midway point (of the whole war, not just US involvement) the allies finally gain a substantial victory, from that point on the allies never lost a major battle.

or

Greece vs Persia
Persia was the world power. Greece was really nothing more than a group of people that were nothing special to those outside of Greece. Greece won the first battle which was more of a pre-battle in Marathon (final Pcers vs Bulls game of the season). When Persia finally decided to conquer Greece although they lost the battle of Thermopylae (300 Spartans, although it was more like 3000 Spartans and 7000 other Greeks) they more than held their own and per person completely dominated the Persians. The Greeks then went on to completely dominate Persia.

QuickRelease
04-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Ummm...well yeah, cuz we kinda are:

http://541aesthetic.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/deng.jpg

smj887
04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
we've got ... a can-do attitude.

Loved it.

Excellent post.

TheDon
04-25-2011, 09:54 PM
To add to that analogy, at the beginning the rebels had very little success. Once they did, and got the support of the French they were able to be successful. .

So you're saying we need Tony Parker?

Eleazar
04-25-2011, 09:58 PM
So you're saying we need Tony Parker?

Haha, it couldn't hurt.

Day-V
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Who on the team is Benjamin Martin? Foster?

http://stuffwhitedbagslike.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/mel_gibson_the_patriot_flag.jpg