PDA

View Full Version : Dropped the Hammer; broke the broom

Major Cold
04-24-2011, 02:19 PM
I am glad I got to go to this game. It was my first playoff game since Reggie's last game.

I brought my nephew, who has become an avid fan to say the least.

Upon entering the Fieldhouse I knew I would see Bulls fans with brooms. I really wanted to shove those brooms up their anus, but again I had my nephew.

As we were making our way to the walkway I saw a group of Bulls fans walking towards their car, one holding a broom.

He stopped and started to sweep in front of us cutting off our path no matter what path we took, saying the Pacers SUCK. So I commented on how lame the first seed is to struggle mightily with a team that he thinks sucks. Being caught off guard with logic, we walked around him and entered the gates.

My dad is a STH and he was diagnosed last week with a devastating immune disease called Wegners. So I wanted to get him something as a thanks for not only taking me to the games for so long, but being a great dad. So we headed to Home Court.

I got him a shirt and then I saw a Pacer hammer:

Better quality picture of a spurs hammerhttp://www.diehardfans.com/nba/teams_79/dhf_37330_s.jpg

http://websportworld.com/img/NBA/san-antonio-spurs-pro-grip-hammer.jpg

Needless to say I thought this was a great symbol of the series and how we play smash mouth basketball. Not only that but I wanted to snap a few brooms with it. I was a little surprised that I could buy a hammer when they make you return Gerbers back to your car...but they sold it to me so it must be ok...right?

Well we sat in our seats and Bulls fans were all around, talking crap to my 10 year old nephew. So I brought out the hammer. Not one Bulls fan talked to us after that.

We cheered our way through the most of the first half, when a security guy called me out. I thought I was getting booted for having a hammer sold to me at the Home Court gift shop. But after I told him that I bought it there, today, they let me check it in.

All of this happened when the Pacers dumped on the Bulls at the end of the first half.

I understand the risk, and I should have tucked it away. But could they at least waited 2 more minutes....or I don't no...not sell them if they are a security risk?

One thing is for sure I bet they won't't sell those anymore. And wouldn't you know that when I don't have my hammer, a Bulls fan threw a beer above us. That might have been Grandma McRoberts, I would have loved to drop a hammer on those fans...but they made me check it.

Shade
04-24-2011, 02:42 PM
He stopped and started to sweep in front of us cutting off our path no matter what path we took, saying the Pacers SUCK. So I commented on how lame the first seed is to struggle mightily with a team that he thinks sucks. Being caught off guard with logic, we walked around him and entered the gates.

Love it. There's not really any good comeback to that. Just goes to show how stupid "fans" like that actually are.

owl
04-24-2011, 02:52 PM
That is too funny. I HAVE to get me a Pacers hammer.

Scot Pollard
04-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Hats off to you Major Cold.

I yelled and cussed out a few suckers with those brooms and to be honest with you, I laughed when they were dancing around sweeping the concrete outside the Fieldhouse.

All this season of going to the Fieldhouse and seeing a sea of green, which did suck because it was so quiet and then these idiots come who aren't even Pacers fans and act like they have some kind of crazy mental issue.

In my honest opinion, it's sick! Sick to do that in someone else's home.

I felt bad for the Pacers players themselves. Your home arena is supposed to be HOME and a place you can feel comfortable playing at.

Anyway, glad you showed them that hammer and they shouldn't be ****ing with Pacers fans thinking they're road fans.

Also I told a few who said we suck, "if we suck so bad, why are these games finishing so ****ing close?"

MunciePacerBabe
04-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Good story! Your dad will love it! Nice gesture! I bet he will enjoy the story of your hammer adventure at Conseco, too!

idioteque
04-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad. The FDA it seems actually is allowing that disease to be treated with a new drug as of a few days ago.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm251946.htm

Good to hear that you had fun at the game. A friend of mine has one of the Pacers hammers, I thought from the beginning that it was wacky that they sold those things at the HCGS.

Shade
04-24-2011, 03:13 PM
I always scare people when I bring Hammer with me, as well.

http://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/mchammer.jpg?w=272

Major Cold
04-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad. The FDA it seems actually is allowing that disease to be treated with a new drug as of a few days ago.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm251946.htm

Good to hear that you had fun at the game. A friend of mine has one of the Pacers hammers, I thought from the beginning that it was wacky that they sold those things at the HCGS.

Thanks for the heads up on the medicine. PD where caring happens.