PDA

View Full Version : Did Josh McRoberts Elbow Derrick Rose in the Face?

Jared Sullinger
04-24-2011, 04:38 AM
I saw this one the Bulls board at RealGM.

RealGM McRoberts Elbow to Rose After Dunk in Game 4 (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1108678)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bA5nBWxvxKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a second video that shows it in slow-motion:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PK5eNSWFB4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A poster over there said he/she emailed the NBA about it, and another was talking about emailing TNT.

So: Legitimate beef or Bulls' fans being sissified sore losers?

Eleazar
04-24-2011, 04:43 AM
I saw this one the Bulls board at RealGM.

RealGM McRoberts Elbow to Rose After Dunk in Game 4 (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1108678)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bA5nBWxvxKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a second video that shows it in slow-motion:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PK5eNSWFB4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A poster over there said he/she emailed the NBA about it, and another was talking about emailing TNT.

So: Legitimate beef or Bulls' fans being sissified sore losers?

First of all it was more like a forearm than an elbow, just like Jeff's was more like a forearm than an elbow. Secondly on the slow motion it didn't even look like it connected.

Midcoasted
At first glance in full speed, it had me worried. The slow motion replay proved they are just being sissified losers. Kinda dug their own grave with that one lol.

ilive4sports
I dont think it actually hit. If it did, it was his forearm brushing against the side of his head. If it was an elbow to the head Rose would have been down and much more animated. Look at how fast McBob's arm is moving. There didn't seem to be any stop or much of a stop in momentum through the motion.

If it really happened, Rose would have said something and the NBA would have done something about it.

pizza guy
04-24-2011, 04:45 AM
That's an elbow to the face if I've ever seen one. Even in real-time, it's evident that Josh wasn't just trying to protect himself from Rose coming down. Rose had landed and was cheering himself, and Josh fully extended the arm into Rose. To make a fuss over it? That's probably sour grapes, but it was definitely an intentional elbow.

Dirty? Maybe. "Savvy veteran" play to remind a guy whose house he's in? Maybe. You be the judge.

AesopRockOn
04-24-2011, 04:47 AM
They'll probably just give Jeff another flagrant one.

ilive4sports
04-24-2011, 04:49 AM
That's an elbow to the face if I've ever seen one. Even in real-time, it's evident that Josh wasn't just trying to protect himself from Rose coming down. Rose had landed and was cheering himself, and Josh fully extended the arm into Rose. To make a fuss over it? That's probably sour grapes, but it was definitely an intentional elbow.

Dirty? Maybe. "Savvy veteran" play to remind a guy whose house he's in? Maybe. You be the judge.

except it didnt land...

Kuq_e_Zi91
04-24-2011, 04:50 AM
Nah, he missed but it does look like he was trying to hit him in the face. Noah and Loozer swing their elbows around with the same intent.

The only thing this clip shows is that Rose's ankle is fine.

ilive4sports
04-24-2011, 04:55 AM
McRoberts knew exactly what he was doing, and I doubt he actually wanted it to land. Its just a reminder that coming into the paint will cause some pain. I saw Rose shy away from contact a few times during the game. There is a reason for that. Only 8 of his 22 shots were in the paint today. And one wasn't too close to the basket. Also he only hit 3 of them

pizza guy
04-24-2011, 05:41 AM
except it didnt land...

I didn't say Josh should've been called for a foul. All I meant was that he threw that arm out there on purpose.

Mackey_Rose
04-24-2011, 09:28 AM
He could have gotten a tech for intent, but there was no contact.

Spirit
04-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Rose is a wuss.

ZepZach
04-24-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm glad he did it. We all saw what was going to happen if he didn't. Rose would of done one of his tough guy poses. But Josh, like us, didn't want to see that happen.

Kudos, Josh. :buddies:

So I just read the thread. These guys cannot be serious. Did they just start watching basketball this year?

Kid Minneapolis
04-24-2011, 10:07 AM
If they're gonna get mad at our bigs for cheap shots, then we have 10X the right to be mad about Boozer's antics in this series. He's pushing, punching, and hitting multiple times per possession. He's a complete POS. Bulls fans have no grounds to stand on in terms of cheap shots... I respect every other Bull player except Boozer. He's a massive putz. Throw in the stupid yelling he does and his obnoxious "bobble-head" celebration, and you have the makings of one embarrassing player.

Shade
04-24-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm glad he did it. We all saw what was going to happen if he didn't. Rose would of done one of his tough guy poses. But Josh, like us, didn't want to see that happen.

Kudos, Josh. :buddies:

So I just read the thread. These guys cannot be serious. Did they just start watching basketball this year?

Most of them, yes.

Shade
04-24-2011, 10:16 AM
http://www.pdphoto.org/jons/pictures5/rose_02_bg_040106.jpghttp://www.musicinaction.info/equals_sign.pnghttp://games-all.com/pets-wallpapers/pussy-cat.jpg

rel
04-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Rose is a wuss.

ill take that wuss on my team

idioteque
04-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I thought it was kind of a cheap shot, or at least an attempted one, but then again sometimes this sort of thing needs to happen from time to time. Players should not be allowed to showboat in our house, regardless of how many Bulls fans are right in front of him.

IndyHoya
04-24-2011, 10:57 AM
I thought it was kind of a cheap shot, or at least an attempted one, but then again sometimes this sort of thing needs to happen from time to time. Players should not be allowed to showboat in our house, regardless of how many Bulls fans are right in front of him.

Throwing elbows in basketball games, whoever you are is bad. I've had two broken noses from that, so I speak from personal experience. Just play the game, Josh. We don't need technicals for flagrants. We need you in the game. Throwing elbows, when all is said and done, just isn't smart.

That said, Noah throws them all the time, no hue and cry about that? Why not?

Thoreau87
04-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Did Josh throw an elbow?...Yes.

Did Rose impede Josh's ability to grab the ball while shrieking like a windy city wagon rider?...Yes

McKeyFan
04-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Not a cheap shot.

Watched it several times.

Josh is nudging, or slightly shoving him out of the way. Rose is arguably guilty of delay of game and Josh is simply trying to throw the ball out for the fast break. Josh uses his forearm to get him out of the way.

Good no call, as Delay of Game would have had to be called to solve the problem.

No real contact. No intent to throw an elbow. Next.

Thoreau87
04-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Stupid windy wagon riders. There's a muuuuuuch better angle of the "elbow" going into a timeout later in the game (Right under the basket).

They should take it to trial and obviously lose. Yo IndyHoya, maybe they can higher you b/c they seriously need some help making their case lol. Might as well make more money of the windy wagon riders.

On second thought, your a Pacer fan and we have integrity. Might not be able to throw the case like a chi city black sox fan would.

NuffSaid
04-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Jmac did make contact with DRose. Why the refs didn't "T" him up is a mystery. I'm sure the league will review it and issue a technical foul to him when it's all said and done.

Sollozzo
04-24-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm just laughing at Bulls fans whining about the Pacers being so dirty. Seriously, it's downright comical. It's awesome that we won 25 less games than them and have caused so much frustration. They aren't going to know what hit them when they play the true big dogs.

I've said this several times: I just wish Boston hadn't traded Perk and Shaq was healthy. The mere thought of Rose getting put on his *** by KG/Perk/Shaq/Baby just makes me giddy. Too bad it won't be a reality. KG will still give him a couple tough hits though, you can be guaranteed that. Something tells me Rose won't have the ***** to get in KG's face like he does Jeff Foster.

Pacersalltheway10
04-24-2011, 12:33 PM
It just looked like Josh was reaching for the ball exactly when rose came down. Just another case of whiny bulls fans.

Brad8888
04-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Josh just "expressed" to Rose that he took offense to Rose's excessive celebration on that slam. The official was wise to let it go. I think Josh probably intended to make a little contact, but that he didn't quite actually make contact, or if he did it wasn't much.

Good officiating consistency. Both sides are being allowed to be very physical, and both sides have benefitted from non-calls frequently on the defensive side of things. In my opinion, if the official had made that call against Josh (even if it had just been a T), it would have made for additional tension between the teams, so it was a good non-call.

Hicks
04-24-2011, 12:51 PM
On reviewing the slo-mo, it looked like a 'clear out' as opposed to a 'hard swing'. I'm not even sure if it connected, but if it did, it clearly didn't 'knock' him, given his (lack of) physical reaction.

imawhat
04-24-2011, 12:52 PM
No, but how about Noah clawing Hansbrough's face after his slam, forcing Tyler's contact to come out?

CircleCity3318
04-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Hard to tell what really happened. The fact that Rose didn't react at all to the elbow tells me it was nothing serious.

vnzla81
04-24-2011, 01:02 PM
This is showing me that PD is not the only blog that makes something out of nothing.

jeffg-body
04-24-2011, 01:21 PM
I liked it myself. If he would have done that show boating crap when DD roamed the court he would have gotten a real elbow.

Brad8888
04-24-2011, 02:17 PM
No, but how about Noah clawing Hansbrough's face after his slam, forcing Tyler's contact to come out?

Had Hansbrough's contact not come out, most would not have been as likely to notice what Noah did to him because of Tyler's toughness probable lack of reaction to it.

aero
04-24-2011, 02:37 PM
At first glance in full speed, it had me worried. The slow motion replay proved they are just being sissified losers. Kinda dug their own grave with that one lol.

Agreed

Hoop_soup
04-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi all, first post and a Bulls fan, so that's 2 strikes against me already. I have just lurked a little to see what the opposing team is thinking and saying about this series. I think most of the conversation is intelligent and informative, there are some rotten apples, but the same goes for the bulls message boards and every other teams.

Regarding this post, If you actually look at the replay, Rose was not showboating at all, in fact he just landed and McRoberts elbowed him, there was very little contact, but Rose noticed it and shouted at McRoberts "what the F." I also mistook it for showboating the first time I watched it. Dirty is dirty, and that was dirty. I'm not saying Boozer didn't have any dirty plays as well though(I cannot stand him!)

Anyways props to the Pacers for making a series out of this, besides the few dirty plays, I really respect this young team and coach, and do see a great future for you guys.

The Pacers are back! and that's not only great for Indiana, but the league as a whole.

Gold
04-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah I saw this too yesterday. I think he was simply clearing him out so he could grab the ball and quickly throw it in. Whether it was intentional or not, really it's not a big deal. Bulls fans have to cry about something though so I guess it's ok.

ChristianDudley
04-24-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm just laughing at Bulls fans whining about the Pacers being so dirty. Seriously, it's downright comical. It's awesome that we won 25 less games than them and have caused so much frustration. They aren't going to know what hit them when they play the true big dogs.

I've said this several times: I just wish Boston hadn't traded Perk and Shaq was healthy. The mere thought of Rose getting put on his *** by KG/Perk/Shaq/Baby just makes me giddy. Too bad it won't be a reality. KG will still give him a couple tough hits though, you can be guaranteed that. Something tells me Rose won't have the ***** to get in KG's face like he does Jeff Foster.

I'm with you!!! I can't wait for it to happen!!! Or even Dwight Howard--he'll take Rose out for good!!! But then again, this series that we're in isn't over yet!!!!!! :D :D :D

mattie
04-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi all, first post and a Bulls fan, so that's 2 strikes against me already. I have just lurked a little to see what the opposing team is thinking and saying about this series. I think most of the conversation is intelligent and informative, there are some rotten apples, but the same goes for the bulls message boards and every other teams.

Regarding this post, If you actually look at the replay, Rose was not showboating at all, in fact he just landed and McRoberts elbowed him, there was very little contact, but Rose noticed it and shouted at McRoberts "what the F." I also mistook it for showboating the first time I watched it. Dirty is dirty, and that was dirty. I'm not saying Boozer didn't have any dirty plays as well though(I cannot stand him!)

Anyways props to the Pacers for making a series out of this, besides the few dirty plays, I really respect this young team and coach, and do see a great future for you guys.

The Pacers are back! and that's not only great for Indiana, but the league as a whole.

You're exactly right. Dirty play. Or At least an attempt at a dirty play. I don't appreciate it.

The ultimate tough guy Dale Davis would never do anything like that. If DD ever needed to let the other team know he was there he'd set a hard screen and floor someone.

That cheap shot after the score by McRoberts was Boozer like. Lame. I hope he doesn't try that ever again.

Edit- For those saying McBob was clearing space, there is no way! You don't clear space after a score, you do that after a rebound. That was a cheap shot plain and simple.

Kemo
04-24-2011, 04:51 PM
If I recall, Mcbob took a few dirty cheapshots upon himself earlier in the game that there wasnt a peep about.. IMO he could have been a lil more non-chalant about it if he were gonna intentionally try and jack someone's jaw..

He is lucky though it didnt connect, or he would have gotten the tech.. if Rose would have went down in reaction to it ..

idioteque
04-24-2011, 05:08 PM

I see a bunch of Bulls fans saying that Korver should start over Bogans, what are your thoughts on that?

Hoop_soup
04-24-2011, 06:01 PM
I see a bunch of Bulls fans saying that Korver should start over Bogans, what are your thoughts on that?

Bulls fans have been saying that all season, replace Brewer,Watson, Korver etc with Bogans. I don't mind it, if you notice Bogans usually gets less playing time than those 3 players anyways. Besides the a little above average D and 3 pointer here and there, Bogans has been useless, but I trust Thibs with his rotations.