PDA

View Full Version : Derrik Rose's sprained ankle

Foul on Smits
04-24-2011, 02:23 AM
Anyone notice that when things were going good for Rose, his ankle seemed fine, but when it was bad, he limped really bad. Especially after the game when he walked off the court. Lol come on.

ilive4sports
04-24-2011, 02:26 AM
They didn't even take his shoe off in the locker room. Sprained ankle my ***...

joeyd
04-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Looking at some of the cuts he made to the hoop and the steal and bucket off Collison in the waning moments of the game and how it obviously impacted his game, how could anyone doubt that he was hurting? Are you calling this guy a faker? Wait a minute. I remember an SAT incident portending such future behavior! Decision: Faker!

ndcoltsnpacers
04-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Can anyone say whether our fans were cheering the fact that he was hurt? I've noticed some bulls fans on another forum claiming this. I watched the replay of the game this evening and I did notice a bunch of cheers going up as chicago called timeout, but that's not uncommon if the team is doing well. Their fans also marveled at the fact he was able to finish. It didn't really look that bad, I always look for the foot fully turned to the side and the ankle actually touching the ground which didn't happen here (it did with Collison's in game 2). And yeah, didn't even take his shoe off.... He's fine.

rel
04-24-2011, 02:44 AM
i really don't think it was that bad...and i've seen a lot of bull fans use it as a scapegoat. I've had plenty of rolled ankles and kept on playing...if anything itll be worst tonight with swelling than during the actual game he hurt it in

...but i heard Drose's interview saying this injury is pretty common, shouldn't have bothered him...saying he just needs to shoot better

ilive4sports
04-24-2011, 02:53 AM
i really don't think it was that bad...and i've seen a lot of bull fans use it as a scapegoat. I've had plenty of rolled ankles and kept on playing...if anything itll be worst tonight with swelling than during the actual game he hurt it in

...but i heard Drose's interview saying this injury is pretty common, shouldn't have bothered him...saying he just needs to shoot better

Tie your shoe tighter and get back out there. Thats what I've always done.

Hoop
04-24-2011, 03:20 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Hooping/TwistedRose.jpg

Trader Joe
04-24-2011, 03:31 AM
Of course they didn't take his shoe off. If something is hurt and may swell and the guy comes back, you never take the shoe off, at least IMO. I don't know if that's the medically correct way to handle it, but you don't want it to swell while you have the shoe off if you want to keep playing.

He looked sore to me and definitely looked like he lost some explosiveness.

Eleazar
04-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Tie your shoe tighter and get back out there. Thats what I've always done.

And that is exactly what he did. That kind of sprained ankle doesn't have a lot of impact, especially if you walk it off and keep on playing. A sprained ankle in most cases has more of an impact in the long term after it has swollen, but just like Collison he should be fine for the next game.

cdash
04-24-2011, 04:16 AM
They didn't even take his shoe off in the locker room. Sprained ankle my ***...

All for show. If you have ever rolled your ankle you know that feeling. At first, it hurts like hell and you think something is terribly wrong. Then you walk around gingerly for a few minutes. After about 5 minutes you are fine. Maybe a little sore but you can play on it with almost no problems.

Isaac
04-24-2011, 04:20 AM
All for show. If you have ever rolled your ankle you know that feeling. At first, it hurts like hell and you think something is terribly wrong. Then you walk around gingerly for a few minutes. After about 5 minutes you are fine. Maybe a little sore but you can play on it with almost no problems.

I twisted my ankle yesterday playing basketball, kept playing and running pretty much fine, and today I'm walking with a limp. That is what normally happens to me.

Eleazar
04-24-2011, 04:23 AM
I twisted my ankle yesterday playing basketball, kept playing and running pretty much fine, and today I'm walking with a limp. That is what normally happens to me.

That is what normally happens to everyone except for football players for some reason. I swear they get a sprained ankle and they are out for 2 to 4 weeks. I understand it isn't the same as basketball, but seriously.

Kuq_e_Zi91
04-24-2011, 04:25 AM
You can always play on a sprained ankle. The only question is how effective you are, and a player like Rose who relies almost entirely on his athleticism to make quick cuts and blow by defenders, I can imagine it might be pretty debilitating.

I'm guessing he'll be fine by Tuesday, but regardless Collison should attack him relentlessly and test that ankle all night.