PDA

View Full Version : One bulls fan arrested, 20 bulls fans thrown out, bulls fans caught tipping trash cans outside conseco

rabid
04-23-2011, 07:07 PM
The title of this thread was a quote on the Pacers' facebook page. Sorry I don't have a link, I assume it was a quote from a local news source.

I was not at the game today, though if we somehow force a Game 6 I'm going to try like hell to fly out on Thursday.

But seeing the Bulls fans on TV... fandom is one thing, coming down for the game is fine if tix are available, cheering and even a bit of smack talk is all fair game. But even on TV I saw some Bulls fan behavior that I would have taken issue with had I been standing nearby in the stands.

Curious to hear from those of you lucky to attend the game. We can't have this type of disrespect on our home court. Next time we play Chicago in Conseco, whether on Thursday or next season, we need to make a statement as fans

Sandman21
04-23-2011, 07:13 PM
You stay classy Chi-town.

But look at the bright side: we can put the ones who brought brooms with them to work! And save the taxpayers some money! :D

IndyHoya
04-23-2011, 07:14 PM
The title of this thread was a quote on the Pacers' facebook page. Sorry I don't have a link, I assume it was a quote from a local news source.

I was not at the game today, though if we somehow force a Game 6 I'm going to try like hell to fly out on Thursday.

But seeing the Bulls fans on TV... fandom is one thing, coming down for the game is fine if tix are available, cheering and even a bit of smack talk is all fair game. But even on TV I saw some Bulls fan behavior that I would have taken issue with had I been standing nearby in the stands.

Curious to hear from those of you lucky to attend the game. We can't have this type of disrespect on our home court. Next time we play Chicago in Conseco, whether on Thursday or next season, we need to make a statement as fans

I was in Area 55, perched over the exit in 101. One Bulls guy looked up at me and yelled "Pacers suck!" I replied: "You're a real class act." He was giving me the finger and at that point an usher swept in and swept him away. No brooms were employed.

By and large I enjoyed the banter with the Bulls fans. There were a couple of exceptions (like the guy I mentioned), but most near Area 55 were just sitting in their seats watching. There were lots of warnings about what they'll do to us next game as they were leaving, but I just wished them a safe trip home.

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 07:16 PM
In other words, the sky is blue and grass is green.

Sickening, yes. But what do you expect from a pig but a grunt?

Sandman21
04-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Story coming in from Rabjohns and retweeted by Wells on Twitter btw.

rabid
04-23-2011, 07:17 PM
I just don't get the arrogance. Up 3-1, sure, but the Bulls have been outplayed 13 out of 16 quarters in this series by a 37-win team. Nothing to brag about, is it really?

Sandman21
04-23-2011, 07:18 PM
I just don't get the arrogance. Up 3-1, sure, but the Bulls have been outplayed 13 out of 16 quarters in this series by a 37-win team. Nothing to brag about, is it really?

Bandwagoners. What can you expect?

Kuq_e_Zi91
04-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I wish we could get some Pacer fans to invade the United Center on Tuesday. Respectably, of course.

BornReady
04-23-2011, 07:22 PM
I was in Area 55, perched over the exit in 101. One Bulls guy looked up at me and yelled "Pacers suck!" I replied: "You're a real class act." He was giving me the finger and at that point an usher swept in and swept him away. No brooms were employed.

By and large I enjoyed the banter with the Bulls fans. There were a couple of exceptions (like the guy I mentioned), but most near Area 55 were just sitting in their seats watching. There were lots of warnings about what they'll do to us next game as they were leaving, but I just wished them a safe trip home.
lol. Maybe the Pacers do suck, but the sucky Pacers sure took it to the Bulls today :D

IndyHoya
04-23-2011, 07:25 PM

If I'm a Bulls fan, I'm really, really worried. Their idols certainly have feet of clay. Boozer's a loud, stupid, disappearing act. Noah's pretty one-dimensional and Rose can be managed. Koerver's scary, but aside from him and Rose, where's their scoring?

In this series, they haven't looked very awesome to me. And hey, it ain't quite over yet either.

ColeTheMole
04-23-2011, 07:29 PM
A little to the left of my seat in area 55 was a bunch of bulls fans. A LOT of playful banter was going on and it was all good and fun. I loved it.

TinManJoshua
04-23-2011, 07:30 PM
If I'm a Bulls fan, I'm really, really worried. Their idols certainly have feet of clay. Boozer's a loud, stupid, disappearing act. Noah's pretty one-dimensional and Rose can be managed. Koerver's scary, but aside from him and Rose, where's their scoring?

In this series, they haven't looked very awesome to me. And hey, it ain't quite over yet either.

I've said this before but I guess it bears repeating:

Even if we can't do it ourselves, we've shown the NBA the blueprint on how to sweep them. Not just take the series, but sweep them.

SamBear
04-23-2011, 07:30 PM
WOW.. that's just crazyness.

Sandman21
04-23-2011, 07:34 PM
I've said this before but I guess it bears repeating:

Even if we can't do it ourselves, we've shown the NBA the blueprint on how to sweep them. Not just take the series, but sweep them.

I have my doubts that they would be able to beat Orlando in under 6 should both teams advance to the next round.

Shade
04-23-2011, 07:36 PM
http://bedandbreakfastworldblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/bulls.jpg http://www.dansdata.com/images/io003/3fans500.jpg https://epsdraub.wikispaces.com/file/view/equals.jpg/70010271/equals.jpg http://www.uniquemedicaltoys.com/catalog/images/product_images/Douche_Bags_Pastel_sm.jpg

rabid
04-23-2011, 07:38 PM
http://www.uniquemedicaltoys.com/catalog/images/product_images/Douche_Bags_Pastel_sm.jpg

:laugh:

Trophy
04-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I know I don't live in Indiana, but this is unbelievably sad as a Pacers fan.

These pigs can destroy the United Center and make it look like a dump and just call it an arena, but Conseco Fieldhouse is home for us fans who attend games either the whole season or a few times out of the season.

The Fieldhouse is a great place and it's not really even like an arena.

See people who don't understand and do something like this is like going to a friend's friend's house who you really don't know and destroying it.

I'm officially convinced that Chicago fans are the worst fans out there.

DemonHunter1105
04-23-2011, 07:43 PM
It is sad that these d-bags that call themselves "fans" only come to games for great players like Rose/Jordan. I guess it is just the natural bi-product of superstars.

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I know I don't live in Indiana, but this is unbelievably sad as a Pacers fan.

These pigs can destroy the United Center and make it look like a dump and just call it an arena, but Conseco Fieldhouse is home for us fans who attend games either the whole season or a few times out of the season.

The Fieldhouse is a great place and it's not really even like an arena.

See people who don't understand and do something like this is like going to a friend's friend's house who you really don't know and destroying it.

I'm officially convinced that Chicago fans are the worst fans out there.

I wouldn't say they destroyed Conseco (not the United Center) and the analogy doesn't work but their behavior is disgusting regardless. I hope more than one fan ends up being arrested but they have probably all scurried back to Chicago like cockroaches.

Merz
04-23-2011, 07:48 PM
It is the front runners that are unbearable. The bulls fans were much less numerous and arrogant just a few years ago.

IndyHoya
04-23-2011, 07:50 PM
It is sad that these d-bags that call themselves "fans" only come to games for great players like Rose/Jordan. I guess it is just the natural bi-product of superstars.

Rose wasn't so great today. 6-22 1-9 3pts 2-4 FTs. Had 10 assists and 4 steals but also had 3 turnovers. We did a very good job on the second coming of Michael Jordan.

Trophy
04-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't say they destroyed Conseco (not the United Center) but their behavior is disgusting regardless. I hope more than one fan ends up being arrested but they have probably all scurried back to Chicago like cockroaches.

I don't know why it was this many people to cause this much havac in another team's arena.

I'm sure if we'd play Miami or Boston, their bandwagon fans would come out, but I'm sure they're from Indy and probably Pacers fans at one point and wouldn't act like animals.

There probably wouldn't even be as many of them.

brewpopps
04-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Bulls fans have only returned to the bandwagon since D Rose has taken over. They need something to keep their minds off of the Cubs......again.

IndyHoya
04-23-2011, 07:56 PM
I don't know why it was this many people to cause this much havac in another team's arena.

I'm sure if we'd play Miami or Boston, their bandwagon fans would come out, but I'm sure they're from Indy and probably Pacers fans at one point and wouldn't act like animals.

Actually, hat's off to the well-behaved fans from Chicago (and most of them were). I can't fault the loyalty in driving 3 hours to see their team. In the Parking Lot where we PTO the cars mostly had plates from Illinois and the Region. I think their ride home will be less fun than their ride down though.

I wish I could afford a United Center ticket. Our ticket affordability probably enabled a lot of Bulls people their only opportunity to see a playoff game.

Indy's gotta start getting behind the Pacers more. What's not to love? I don't get our local apathy.

smj887
04-23-2011, 07:56 PM
On the subject of Bulls fans in Conseco, I really enjoyed this tweet from Reggie. (http://twitter.com/#!/ReggieMillerTNT/status/61921601851105280)

Actually, hat's off to the well-behaved fans from Chicago (and most of them were). I can't fault the loyalty in driving 3 hours to see their team. In the Parking Lot where we PTO the cars mostly had plates from Illinois and the Region. I think their ride home will be less fun than their ride down though.

I wish I could afford a United Center ticket. Our ticket affordability probably enabled a lot of Bulls people their only opportunity to see a playoff game.

Indy's gotta start getting behind the Pacers more. What's not to love?

I definitely think ticket prices played a huge role in it. 200 and 300 level tickets for the United Center were coming with $200+ asking prices. For our games the highest asking prices I was seeing were in the $130 range. For a family of four that's about a $300 difference, even with 2 people it's still sizable.

Can't fault the loyalty either. What everyone has to keep in mind is that the idiot Bulls fans are the vocal minority, and I think any franchise that's winning is going to have that sort of riff raff come out. 20 bulls fans get thrown out, but there probably a minimum of 4,000 in that building. Most of them probably kept it classy, but the rest can die in a fire.

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 07:57 PM

Indy's gotta start getting behind the Pacers more. What's not to love?

As recently as two and one half months ago there was nothing to love about this team. It takes time to build a strong fanbase.

Trophy
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
I can say this, back in the Miller days, Indy fans would never allow this.

MSA/CFH were rocking with Pacers fans kind of like today's Thunder crowd.

Thursday night's crowd was nice and seemed like the OKC crowd.

There were clearly more Pacers fans, but today it might be tough to say there were more Pacers fans based on how it looked and sounded on TV.

Tom White
04-23-2011, 08:01 PM

I really wonder how many of those people in Bulls attire are from Indy. It would not surprise me a bit to find out that a good number of them are.

PaceBalls
04-23-2011, 08:02 PM
2011 Bulls fans vs 2004 Pistons fans. Which do you guys think are worse?

xIndyFan
04-23-2011, 08:03 PM
pretty sure pacers saw the lesser half of the bulls fans. the young, cool, bandwagoners. the better half probably are STH and don't need to drive to indy to see the game.

did see lots of bulls fans that didn't seem to be hardcore basketball fans. only here to see and be seen as it were.

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 08:05 PM
I can say this, back in the Miller days, Indy fans would never allow this.

MSA/CFH were rocking with Pacers fans kind of like today's Thunder crowd.

Thursday night's crowd was nice and seemed like the OKC crowd.

There were clearly more Pacers fans, but today it might be tough to say there were more Pacers fans based on how it looked and sounded on TV.

Back in the day the Pacers were a 50+ win team that made deep playoff runs.

Basketball Fan
04-23-2011, 08:09 PM

I can't believe you'd ask this question really I mean I'm a lifelong Chicago hater and even I wouldn't put these Bulls fans into that category

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I can't believe you'd ask this question really I mean I'm a lifelong Chicago hater and even I wouldn't put these Bulls fans into that category

Really? Pistons fans were that bad?

Trophy
04-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Back in the day the Pacers were a 50+ win team that made deep playoff runs.

We're on the right track and if we add some decent pieces with our cap space we can be a solid contending team.

Like many, I'm hoping for Eric Gordon. He'd be a solid leader and the home fans would love to see him leading the Pacers to the victories along with Paul who looks to be promising.

Hopefully we'll be making the playoffs every year up to that point.

The fanbase seems to be building back up after falling apart since last making the playoffs.

Hopefully the Pacers can bring back the winning basketball to fully prove they are back.

It looks good now and everyone is excited for the future.

Trophy
04-23-2011, 08:16 PM
The 2004 Pistons fans were as badass as the players.

I've always felt Pacers fans/Indiana fans have always been respectable.

This season, I've noticed the Bulls fans have invaded every team's arena in the Central Division's. Especially the Bradley Center.

Maybe not as much in the Quicken Loans Arena since they still had a bunch of fans on bandwagon, but probably next season since that fanbase will probably level out.

Tom White
04-23-2011, 08:18 PM
On the subject of Bulls fans in Conseco, I really enjoyed this tweet from Reggie. (http://twitter.com/#!/ReggieMillerTNT/status/61921601851105280)

Yeah, he is so proud of "His" hoosiers that his twitter wallpaper is from a Celtics-Heat game, featuring KG and James of course.

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 08:19 PM
The 2004 Pistons fans were as badass as the players.

I've always felt Pacers fans/Indiana fans have always been respectable.

This season, I've noticed the Bulls fans have invaded every team's arena in the Central Division's. Especially the Bradley Center.

Maybe not as much in the Quicken Loans Arena since they still had a bunch of fans on bandwagon, but probably next season since that fanbase will probably level out.

It has to be especially bad for Bucks fans. It is for the best that they didn't make the playoffs because they would have played four road games by this point.

Trophy
04-23-2011, 08:23 PM
It has to be especially bad for Bucks fans. It is for the best that they didn't make the playoffs because they would have played four road games by this point.

Yeah and I think if they would've had as good a year as they did this year, it wouldn't be as bad.

For whatever reason they fell apart and don't really look like they will recover.

Bogut is not healthy and that elbow injury looks like it can put him in jeopardy and Jennings has become very much a ballhog. They have no offensive chemistry. They have bad contracts and they are for older players.

We're going to hopefully cause havac and competition in the East for years to come.

DemonHunter1105
04-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah, he is so proud of "His" hoosiers that his twitter wallpaper is from a Celtics-Heat game, featuring KG and James of course.

Pretty sure that is just because he is a TNT employee. I wouldn't worry that much about it.

RWB
04-23-2011, 08:27 PM

Eh, no big deal. I can barely post let alone create anything like that. I would say Reggie has someone that does that for him and it is a marketing tool setup by TNT.

Bottom line....Reggie stated with words what his feelings are.

Unclebuck
04-23-2011, 08:46 PM
I've never seen so many Bulls fans in one place. It was disgusting. I guessed that there were maybe 25% Bulls Thursday night, biut today, I think it was 55% or maybe even 60%. It was bad.

I so wanted the pacers to take their 14 point lead to 20 or so with 2 or 3 minutes left so all the Bulls fans would leave early.

If I had tons of money I would buy every available ticket for game #6 and give them to pacers fans only

The number of Bulls fans today really bothered me

Sandman21
04-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Pretty sure that is just because he is a TNT employee. I wouldn't worry that much about it.

The guy opposite Dennis Scott on NBATV admitted that not only does he rarely use his twitter, but that Turner Sports had set it up for him. They may be doing the talking, but they likely don't have much control over the background.

Unclebuck
04-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I am so glad i didn't see them tipping trash cans outside Conseco, I might have lost my temper and done something I shouldn't have. My tolerance for the Bulls fans was at a realy low level today

Major Cold
04-23-2011, 09:03 PM
buck is right. Over half were Bulls fans. There were more of their fans in the lower bowl ours. Plus ours were so much quieter throughout the game. Cell phones and Twitter need to wait till down times. The suits need to cheer.

Our casual fans better get on board. Or Chicago will have another home game come Thursday.

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 09:08 PM
buck is right. Over half were Bulls fans. There were more of their fans in the lower bowl ours. Plus ours were so much quieter throughout the game. Cell phones and Twitter need to wait till down times. The suits need to cheer.

Our casual fans better get on board. Or Chicago will have another home game come Thursday.

If the Pacers win Game 5 I guarantee there will be mostly Pacers fans in attendance for Game 6.

Unclebuck
04-23-2011, 09:17 PM

The Pistons fans were worse. Of course there were probably 10,000 Bulls fans today and there might have been 1,000 Pistons fans back in 2004.

Unclebuck
04-23-2011, 09:19 PM

It seemed like the club level had the fewest % of Bulls fans. lower level and balcony was probably majority Bulls fans. I was hard to believe

Trophy
04-23-2011, 09:21 PM
The brightside of them selling out the game was that all their money went to PS&E.

rock747
04-23-2011, 09:23 PM
I don't understand it. If I lived in Indy I would find a way to make it to all these games. I attended game 3, but had to drive three hours for it. These people live right there and won't go out. It's sickening.

grace
04-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah and I think if they would've had as good a year as they did this year, it wouldn't be as bad.

For whatever reason they fell apart and don't really look like they will recover.

Bogut is not healthy and that elbow injury looks like it can put him in jeopardy and Jennings has become very much a ballhog. They have no offensive chemistry. They have bad contracts and they are for older players.

We're going to hopefully cause havac and competition in the East for years to come.

It's pretty easy to fall apart when the team was never healthy enough to have everyone practice together. It's pretty hard to have consistancy when you have something like 21 different starting lineups.

Bogut had his elbow scoped when the Bucks were offically eliminated from the playoffs. They took out a jar full of bone fragments. He expects to be working out by the end of May.

Trophy
04-23-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't understand it. If I lived in Indy I would find a way to make it to all these games. I attended game 3, but had to drive three hours for it. These people live right there and won't go out. It's sickening.

I wanna know what makes them go out to home openers, but not playoffs?

I'm sure a ton would've liked to have gotten tickets, but they sold out.

KingGeorge
04-23-2011, 09:31 PM

I have the same problem. I made it to game 3, but it is hard to make the hour and a half drive multiple times a week.

However, if we force a game 6, you can expect me to be there.

ECKrueger
04-23-2011, 09:38 PM
I wanna know what makes them go out to home openers, but not playoffs?

I'm sure a ton would've liked to have gotten tickets, but they sold out.

I bet people lost hope after we went down 3-0.

Unclebuck
04-23-2011, 09:45 PM
I bet people lost hope after we went down 3-0.

I think all the tickets were sold prior to the game #3 loss, or at least 99% of the tickets were.

El Pacero
04-23-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm not saying I told you so (with 50% conservative estimate) but I just did. Six Bulls fans right in front of me were jerkiest fans ever & almost got kicked out multiple times, but never did. I ended up with security guard in front of me for last 3 minutes.

Regardless of whatever, we beat those punks! Worst fans in NBA.

idioteque
04-23-2011, 09:58 PM
If UncleBuck, the coolestheaded poster on here, was mad about this, it must have been really terrible.

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 09:59 PM
I thought this was a bad dream. I'll admit. I was going to fight for my life. I was going to punch one of them out.

I got there and I didn't if you guys saw but to be honest with you I found it pretty funny.

They looked like retards with their brooms sweeping the concrete outside the Fieldhouse.

A guard took them when we first walked in and said thanks for offering to clean, but we have that under control thank you.

Turn ahead into the future, 18,165 Pacers fans will be in attendance for next years playoffs!

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm not saying I told you so (with 50% conservative estimate) but I just did. Six Bulls fans right in front of me were jerkiest fans ever & almost got kicked out multiple times, but never did. I ended up with security guard in front of me for last 3 minutes.

Regardless of whatever, we beat those punks! Worst fans in NBA.

100% true right there buddy.

I love the Pacers fans. What's not to like about this whole team. We have true pride and we are the real basketball state.

idioteque
04-23-2011, 10:04 PM
I think all the tickets were sold prior to the game #3 loss, or at least 99% of the tickets were.

Some of the lilly-livered Baker and Daniels employees that sit in the lower bowl with their polo shirts and loafers probably sold their tickets after the Game 3 loss. The Pacers just do not have great fans, or at least it takes them forever to catch on.

MnvrChvy
04-23-2011, 10:04 PM
I was able to go and sat about 10 rows behind the bulls bench. My area had the most red of the whole joint. Most of the people were fine. They cheered for their team for the most part. But there were a few morons that did nothing but scream obscenities the whole time. They really had some fun things to say for Foster, so when they shut up I'd stand and say, "You're my boy, Jeff!!!!" One of them turned around to yell crap at me and my wife. Pretty sure he was already drunk at that point. There was also another guy that kept pumping his chest and yelling "Come get some" like a chump. That tool would have wet himself if Foster had even looked at him.
Again though, most were just fans of their team. Not gonna knock em for that. I also noticed a TON of the Bulls fans were Asian. What is that all about? From Lafayette/Purdue maybe?

BoomBaby31
04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
I went to Thursday Game and Todays Game. Thursday's game had quite a bit of Bulls fans but NOTHING like today.

They had us out numbered. I was telling my friend I felt like I was at a boxing match with the amount of hostility and division in the arena. I seen 5 people kicked out today (All Intense Asian Guys). 2 for throwing balls back onto the court. 3 for arguing. 1 of them was literally screaming in the face of an older guy who had to be in his Late 60 early 70's. It was ****ing ridiculous to put it midly. The great thing is, the older Pacer fan screamed back then when the Bulls guy sat down the Pacer Fan screamed for the ushers and finally got one to come. The Usher escorted the Bulls fan out and that kid never came back! It wasn't even TipOff at that time.

This is the difference between Pacers fans and others. True story. During the game a Pacer guy was walking up the stairs to go to food/bathroom. Bulls fan waiting to get out, Pacer guy stops lets Bulls fan go in front of him. Bulls fan drops iPhone 4 and has no idea he did so. Pacers guy not only reaches down to get it, he runs up the stairs to tap the guy on the shoulder and give it back to him!!! What's the chances of that happening in Chicago? Especially if we took over their arena.

Besides the retards the atmosphere was amazing; yes I wanted more Pacers there and it was embarrassing $300-$500 a piece. It was insane... but I loved every second of it.

Unclebuck
04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Kravitz column tomorow will be about the crowd, he keeps asking about it in the postgame pressers

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Yeah that's the issue with the fans in Indy.

They're a little slow to catch on. It usually takes a whole season of actually getting into the playoffs for them to hop onto the team bandwagon.

Most people are aware the Pacers are back and will most likely pack the house during next season. I'm sure a lot will buy packs.

imawhat
04-23-2011, 10:08 PM
I watch a game like today's and I question whether or not Indiana deserves a team. That was embarrassing.

I can't believe how classless some Bulls fans are.

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Kravitz column tomorow will be about the crowd, he keeps asking about it in the postgame pressers

God forbid he write about the game.

He never misses an opportunity to insult either the people or sports teams of Indiana.

idioteque
04-23-2011, 10:12 PM
God forbid he write about the game.

He never misses an opportunity to insult either the people or sports teams of Indiana.

We deserve it this time. If anything I feel guilty now for not trying to fly in. And I work 50 hours a week and am in graduate school and still feel guilty. I am really saddened that people in the state can't carry the water for a team that has been literally giving everything it has to the city this season to try to improve.

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
I watch a game like today's and I question whether or not Indiana deserves a team. That was embarrassing.

e.

Overreact much? The Pacers had a losing record and were down 3-0 to a team located in a much larger market close by.

It would have been no different in Milwaukee, and probably much worse.

We know how good Pacers fans can be when the team is winning.

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 10:15 PM
We deserve it this time. If anything I feel guilty now for not trying to fly in. And I work 50 hours a week and am in graduate school and still feel guilty. I am really saddened that people in the state can't carry the water for a team that has been literally giving everything it has to the city this season to try to improve.

No we don't. The Pacers have been a decent team for a couple of months. That is not going to outweigh the prior four years of losing.

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Hopefully next season Kravitz won't have to comment on attendance and neither will I.

Kravitz believes the crowds will be bigger once the team made the playoffs and now we did and I'm sure there will be more sellouts and we'll be 20th or 19th in the standings. Maybe 3,000 more people than the team averaged this season.

rock747
04-23-2011, 10:21 PM
I don't know what it will take, but it's really frustrating to see. I don't know how you can get more people in the seats/

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't know what it will take, but it's really frustrating to see. I don't know how you can get more people in the seats/

I don't know give it next season and I'm pretty much sure the sits will be filled every game.

People do have a lot of interest in the Pacers again.

We'll see.

People here just can't resist good basketball especially from the Pacers.

rock747
04-23-2011, 10:22 PM
One thing i wish they could do: Put area 55 in the lower bowl. I think this would amp the atmosphere a ton. I know they won't do this though.

imawhat
04-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Overreact much? The Pacers had a losing record and were down 3-0 to a team located in a much larger market close by.

It would have been no different in Milwaukee, and probably much worse.

We know how good Pacers fans can be when the team is winning.

I don't care if we're 0-41.

There are 18,000+ seats in Conseco and 2+million people in metropolitan Indianapolis. Less than 1% our population would sell out the Pacers first set of home playoff games in 5 years.

And there was exclusive window for Indiana residents to snatch up tickets before anyone else. And the place was still filled with 60% Bulls fans.

If you can't even get 1 out of every 100 people around Indianapolis excited about the Pacers right now, then I'm not sure Indianapolis deserves a team. It's frustrating because I want nothing more than a pro basketball team in Indianapolis. The Pacers are the only thing outside of my family that keeps me connected to Indiana.

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 10:28 PM
IT TAKES CONSTANT WINNING IN INDY!

The Colts sellout every game because they've been going to the playoffs every year for the past, I don't know.

We've had 90%-100% of the Fieldhouse filled when we were going to the playoffs year after year.

We'll probably see 85%-90% filled next season.

Pretty much everyone loves basketball here in Indiana especially from the Pacers, but this is all new for everyone here and everyone is getting back onto the Pacers bandwagon. Next season will be much different from an attendance stand point.

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 10:32 PM
If you can't even get 1 out of every 100 people around Indianapolis excited about the Pacers right now, then I'm not sure Indianapolis deserves a team. It's frustrating because I want nothing more than a pro basketball team in Indianapolis. The Pacers are the only thing outside of my family that keeps me connected to Indiana.

I just hated sitting in a sea of green, but read my post below and it is the truth.

The Pacers are a strong franchise with a ton of support here. It's all new and give it next season and the attendance will be back to where it should.

Indiana basketball is back!

King Tuts Tomb
04-23-2011, 10:37 PM
90% of all fans are bandwagon. The Lakers, Bulls and Knicks have a ton of fans because there's 40 million people in those cities. They aren't better fans, there's just more of them. If Indy was 10 times bigger the Pacers would have a lot more sell outs.

circlecitysportsfan
04-23-2011, 10:40 PM
I thought this was a bad dream. I'll admit. I was going to fight for my life. I was going to punch one of them out.

I got there and I didn't if you guys saw but to be honest with you I found it pretty funny.

They looked like retards with their brooms sweeping the concrete outside the Fieldhouse.

A guard took them when we first walked in and said thanks for offering to clean, but we have that under control thank you.

Turn ahead into the future, 18,165 Pacers fans will be in attendance for next years playoffs!

So they actually thought they were going to be able to take the brooms inside? :laugh:

King Tuts Tomb
And for all the talk about how great Portland fans are, they had the lowest attendance in the league just five years ago. Unless they're in a mega metropolis, bad teams won't have great attendance numbers.

Scot Pollard
90% of all fans are bandwagon. The Lakers, Bulls and Knicks have a ton of fans because there's 40 million people in those cities. They aren't better fans, there's just more of them. If Indy was 10 times bigger the Pacers would have a lot more sell outs.

That is true and that's why all the other teams in this league who play in your average cities need to be a successful team to earn their high attendance.

Unclebuck
Jeff Foster was pissed after the game about the number of Bulls fans at the game. He looked angry. he wasn't joking about it like Danny was

Jeff was interviewed in Wishtv from the locker room

Wells just said that several Pacers officials were shocked at the number of Bulls fans

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 10:42 PM
So they actually thought they were going to be able to take the brooms inside? :laugh:

Yeah they're pretty stupid kind of like Joakim Noah.

http://hazenjames.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/joakim-noah-suit.jpg

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 10:43 PM
I just realized Barack Obama is a Bulls fan!!!!!!

Glad I voted McCain.

GoUEAces
04-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all, Bulls fans doing that.

A little off topic, but does anyone else think Noah looks like Willie Lopez from the movie Ghost. That's the only think I can think of when I see him!

hoosierguy
04-23-2011, 11:25 PM
I just realized Barack Obama is a Bulls fan!!!!!!

Glad I voted McCain.

Ugh, I wouldn't go around admitting that.

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Ugh, I wouldn't go around admitting that.

I want to stay away from politics so I'm leaving it at that.

rock747
04-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Jeff Foster was pissed after the game about the number of Bulls fans at the game. He looked angry. he wasn't joking about it like Danny was

Jeff was interviewed in Wishtv from the locker room

Wells just said that several Pacers officials were shocked at the number of Bulls fans

I am not so sure Danny was joking...

pacer4ever
04-23-2011, 11:30 PM
I drove up to chicago 2 nite for Easter and saw Bulls fans everywhere on the road. I just waved my Reggie Miller jersey at thier car and many of them flip the Bird at me I felt proud.

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 11:32 PM
I drove up to chicago 2 nite for Easter and saw Bulls fans everywhere on the road. I just waved my Reggie Miller jersey at thier car and many of them flip the Bird at me I felt proud.

Good this has become a heated rivalry.

I blew my horn at a bunch of them.

Idiots.

pacer4ever
04-23-2011, 11:32 PM
That is true and that's why all the other teams in this league who play in your average cities need to be a successful team to earn their high attendance.

Most of the chicago fans were not bandwagon fans they were mostly from chicago.

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Most of the chicago fans were not bandwagon fans they were mostly from chicago.

Oh yeah I know.

There were a ton of Illinois license plates in the parking lot so I figured they were from Chicago.

I just want to know where all these people were before Derrick Rose came along and Kirk Hinrich was running their team.

KnicksRGarbage
04-23-2011, 11:52 PM
I was also angry/embarrassed by the amount of bulls fans today. i felt quite badly for our team, as if i should have done something to prevent the invasion of chicago dbags.

wseward
04-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Oh yeah I know.

There were a ton of Illinois license plates in the parking lot so I figured they were from Chicago.

I just want to know where all these people were before Derrick Rose came along and Kirk Hinrich was running their team.

I also think a lot of them were kids that go to IU or PU... I saw a number of classmates in the crowd, that were from Chicago. If this series was a couple weeks later I am sure there would be less.

graphic-er
04-23-2011, 11:59 PM
I think its already been posted but it will take alot more than a home playoff game to get a Pacer fan majority sell out at Conseco. Also not to mention that alot of people have left town for Easter anyways.

At my work I am the only real Pacer fan...real as in I will follow the team throughout the season and actually attend games (from a local perspective). So that's 1 person out of about 15. They were all fans at my work place when Reggie was here, I only know this because thats their only frame of reference when the Pacers come up in conversation.

I dont' get it personally, I thought we Hoosiers love basketball. I certainly grew up loving basketball. I get that football is the popular game now. I've been to my fair share of Colts games and my gosh nothing in a football game compares to playoff game in the NBA. Infact I'm about done with football, I just doesn't hold my interested like basketball.

QuickRelease
04-24-2011, 12:09 AM
That was basically a road game for us. I'm so proud of them. I know that had to be disappointing to them, yet they played through it. Down the stretch, Chicago got away with Boozer on Roy for a pretty long stretch. Wish we could have exploited that more. But the amount of Bulls fans today, and the way some of them were acting was just crazy.

rock747
04-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Some things that should probably be noted:

Chicago is a WAY bigger city than Indy, they had the best record in the NBA and an exciting season. Not to mention they're extremely local. Their fans probably did whatever they could to get cheaper tickets to see thier team in the playoffs. Therefore, they are competing with Pacer fans in getting the tickets and their chances in obtaining them are almost as good as a Pacer fan. If this is any other team, we don't see this type of invasion. We didn't know the exact dates of the playoffs and that defers a casual fan from buying a 37-45 record teams tickets. The bulls on the other hand have the MVP and were thought to have a great chance at winning it all: alot more incentive to take a chance on times.

All this being said. The ratio was still attrocious and in my opinion a black eye for Indy.

Sandman21
04-24-2011, 12:13 AM
I dont' get it personally, I thought we Hoosiers love basketball. I certainly grew up loving basketball. I get that football is the popular game now. I've been to my fair share of Colts games and my gosh nothing in a football game compares to playoff game in the NBA. Infact I'm about done with football, I just doesn't hold my interested like basketball.

The JailPacer and then the JOB ChuckaThree years caused a lot of people not only lose pride, but become indifferent towards the team. It will take some time to bring them back.

pizza guy
04-24-2011, 12:24 AM
I was watching the game at work today, and I was offended by the number of Bulls fans at the game. I wish I lived closer, had the time/money to go to these games, and could go support my team. When I heard the cheer go up for Rose as he came back from the ankle roll, it ticked me off. That's ridiculous. I'm glad we were able to win and stick it to those Bulls fans.

Also, Chicago sports fans are the most ignorant, arrogant, and disrespectful fans I've ever been around, in any sport.

Banta
04-24-2011, 12:25 AM
At this hour, I don't have time to read all the replies in this thread.

I woudl put the Bulls fan to Pacers fan ratio for today at 4 to 1, which is pathetic. It was a sea of red there today.

I was in section 2 row 34 and had Bulls fans all around me. Twice my friend and I had to take the high road when verbaly challenged to spar with no class scumbags from Chicago. All around me I saw and heard nothing but worthless, no good, drain on society, trouble making @ssholes. The average Bulls fan I saw today was a filthy, indecent embarassment to mankind.

Pacers fans who gave up on this series and sold their tickets to Bulls fans are jagoffs.

These people today were the dregs of society. I'm not trying to exaggerate here for dramatic effect. Every one of them I encountered today was a lowlife with nothing of value or substance to contribute to the world. I never realized public assistance could be used to buy NBA tickets.

pacer4ever
04-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Oh yeah I know.

They would have shown if it were a playoff game. Thier fan base is so big based on population.

Isaac
04-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Shame some bad fans were ********.

No such thing as good fans and bad fan bases. I'm a Sox and Hawks fan and a Colts and Pacers fan. Am I an ******* half of the time and nice the other half? Are Bulls fans who are Sox fans only ******** while being Bulls fans? Or maybe I'm an *******? Bulls fans have called me ******* before while I've been decked out in Pacers gear at the UC, but if I'm an ******* to Bulls fans and they think I'm obnoxious are all Pacers fans obnoxious?

Isaac
04-24-2011, 12:35 AM

The Colts sellout every game because they've been going to the playoffs every year for the past, I don't know.

We've had 90%-100% of the Fieldhouse filled when we were going to the playoffs year after year.

Pretty much everyone loves basketball here in Indiana especially from the Pacers, but this is all new for everyone here and everyone is getting back onto the Pacers bandwagon. Next season will be much different from an attendance stand point.

I love your optimism, this is your main claim about next year, is that attendance will be better. I'm with you, I hope you are right, that would be great. However, it's going to take more than what we've seen in this series against Chicago. Milwaukee thought the same thing last year about their team, they had attendance starting to shoot through the roof, but now... things have changed.

I'm with your guarantee, but ONLY if the Pacers start the season winning and keep winning. If we start out 9-11 next year, attendance will be the same and this series will be a distant, not so great, memory.

CoolHand
04-24-2011, 12:39 AM

Well, here's how it happened. The Pacers filled their team with "thugs" and many loyal fans were disgusted and vowed to never watch them again. This team is slowly drawing them back, but there are many that haven't watched them in 5 or 6 years, and have no idea that it's a young exciting team. As far as they know, it is still a team of "thugs." Does that help you get it?

rock747
04-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Well, here's how it happened. The Pacers filled their team with "thugs" and many loyal fans were disgusted and vowed to never watch them again. This team is slowly drawing them back, but there are many that haven't watched them in 5 or 6 years, and have no idea that it's a young exciting team. As far as they know, it is still a team of "thugs." Does that help you get it?

Yeah, get it. However, it's still a pretty stupid viewpoint by them if that's the case.

rel
04-24-2011, 12:45 AM
i sat at the last row in the lower level and was surrounded by Bulls fans. The ones i were around were families with little kids so they were really respectful. I started feeling bad because i was crazy yelling (not @ them but i'm sure it was annoying to them :P) and cheering on the Pacers...but realized...I'm at Conseco Fieldhouse. Home of the Pacers. Imma yell and root for my home team as loud as i want to. If they wanna come here, they better tolerate my yelling. (but of course i kept my language appropriate to the youngins)

CoolHand
04-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Yeah, get it. However, it's still a pretty stupid viewpoint by them if that's the case.

I think it's more a lack of education or awareness. This is what I've seen when bringing up the Pacers with co-workers this season (and last season even). I think these playoffs will help greatly.

Trophy
04-24-2011, 12:47 AM
I really don't want to call all Chicago fans bad fans since I'm a White Sox fan.

For the most part, they're pretty good these days.

shags
04-24-2011, 01:00 AM

I'm not sure everyone loves the Pacers. There's a ton of high school and college fans in the state, but many of those people HATE the NBA.

I've always thought Indianapolis was a terrible pro sports town. The Colts didn't start selling out consistently until they became Super Bowl contenders. When Peyton Manning retires, well, good luck seeing a Colts game if you live in the Indy area.

I think your first sentence is completely accurate. It's going to take consistent winning before you'll see the Pacers selling out consistently. Although I'm sure it won't be as bad as today.

rel
04-24-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm not sure everyone loves the Pacers. There's a ton of high school and college fans in the state, but many of those people HATE the NBA.

I've always thought Indianapolis was a terrible pro sports town. The Colts didn't start selling out consistently until they became Super Bowl contenders. When Peyton Manning retires, well, good luck seeing a Colts game if you live in the Indy area.

I think your first sentence is completely accurate. It's going to take consistent winning before you'll see the Pacers selling out consistently. Although I'm sure it won't be as bad as today.

i think it'll take a legitimate star to get the fans back. I mean, the fans do come out every once in awhile...but its when the star is on the other team...
either that or some serious consistent winning

Dr. Hibbert
04-24-2011, 01:17 AM
It just takes a winning tradition. A couple banners don't hurt. Look at IU basketball: terrible team for three years now, but Assembly Hall was absolutely rocking for quite a few games last year.

IU football on the other hand...

So, yes. Winning tradition. Banners.

HC
04-24-2011, 02:04 AM
I agree with Reggie, shame on them. As for the Pacers, everyone in the state of Indiana should be extremely proud of what they have accomplished. The Bulls have come in and done pretty much what everyone expected them to do in getting us down 3-0. Our Pacers have done what nobody thought they could in competing every night with the best team in the league. It may just be a moral victory, but I'll take it! This also goes to prove that it really isn't worth tanking as opposed to getting into the playoffs. Look at the intensity these young guys are playing with. What a great learning experience.

joeyd
04-24-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm probably as mild-mannered as Uncle Buck, but I had a run-in with a Bulls fan myself in the lower level. The guy delivered a foul-laced diatribe while taking exception to the signs that my daughter and I were periodically holding up (yup, pro-Foster signs). This dork was several rows back. This was at the end of the first half. There were several kids in the area. I decided to go right up to this punk, who was sitting with 6 of his friends. I told him that I was going to see to it that he was thrown out of the building if he kept doing his thing. He asked why I thought security was going to throw him out. At that point I got fed up, and I told him "because you're a (insert nickname for Richard)" and made my way down the steps to a security guard. Before I could take two steps down, a guy on his way back up tells me he's already notified the usher. So, I go back to my seat, giving the guy the stinkeye, which provoked him even more, and made him an easy target for the security guard, who must have set him straight b/c i didn't hear a peep out of him or his friends after this.

joeyd
04-24-2011, 02:26 AM
Unfortunately we also had a bad pre-game experience. We went to Circle Center Mall for lunch and hung out there doing some window shopping before Conseco opened. There were tons of Bulls fans milling about there, and a throng approached us and when they passed, made a big deal of laughing about how they had finally bumped into some Pacers fans. I just looked back at them, and said "Really? Come on?" I wasn't in the mindset to confront anyone at the mall but wish I would have said something smart.

Anyway, my daughter had her Foster jersey on, and later on before we left the mall, some dorks behind her started talking some smack. No profanity, but it really upset her. She dished a little out, but not enough. I ended up pulling one of the guys aside, and they really weren't that bad. In fact, we sat in front of 2 of the nicest Bulls fans you'd want to meet, a dad and his pre-teen son. He had only nice things to say about the Pacers and Conseco.

Eddie Gill
04-24-2011, 02:32 AM
I was also embarrassed by the crowd today. I mean it even sucked seeing the guys walk back to the locker room after winning in a sea of red.

Idk if anyone else noticed it, but you could see Danny motioning towards Pacers fans in the crowd in celebration, but Foster immediately motioned for the guys to get back to the locker room. He was pissed.

I guess I just feel all around ****ty about the whole thing. I'm glad we kept the series alive, but it still doesn't feel good being a Pacers fan today.

Psyren
04-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Alright, here's my story for the day.

Went to circle center before the game like usual just to look around and get some reasonably priced food (as opposed to Conseco) before the game. Was with the whole family including grandparents parents daughters cousins etc.

My niece had to use the restroom and the women had left her with us guys who were just eating lunch. I took her to the restroom and on the way bumped into some bulls fans. I had on just a Pacer sweatshirt and my niece had on a Danny Granger jersey.

The Bulls fans began some playful jabbing with me which I have no problem with. It's all part of the fun. But next the begin to literally berate my niece (who's 5 f***ing years old) about how bad Danny Granger was and, here's the best part, this is a quote "she would grow up to be a loser" for liking him.

Absolutely dirt trash human beings. These were 30 something year old grown men. I don't know if they were liquored up or what (still not an excuse) but to me that is intolerable. Say anything you want to me, but you do not ever say something to a 5 year old girl who did absolutely nothing to them. It was honestly a point where I felt threatened and that her safety was possibly at risk, so I simply picked her up, told them to f**k off, and continued on our way.

I'm beyond pissed off about that. Beyond belief. I won't try and generalize Bulls fans because I'm sure some were great. But to me that is an absolute dirtball of a human being. You came here to watch a basketball game, not berate other people, especially a 5 year old for wanting to support their team.

Good riddance Chicago. You disgust me.

Trader Joe
04-24-2011, 03:59 AM
It takes a big man to berate a 5 year old girls. That's honestly the most pissed off I've been about the damn Bulls fans all day. You should have yelled out, "Don't you try to molest my niece you perverts!" as loud as you could.

Isaac
04-24-2011, 04:08 AM
One more thing I want to add is that the Bulls were number one in attendance this year and The Pacers were last. The Bulls draw almost 9,000 more fans per game. I have Bulls fan friends who drove down for the game and I guarantee you that they were nothing but respectful. Sure they cheered for their team, but you won't read any stories about the thousands of Bulls fans who came down and weren't jerks. The combination of alcohol and sports fans is going to produce a certain amount of ********, and when there are that many of them rooting against the home team, it is going to get ugly. Let's just not pretend that Pacers fans are better people than Bulls fans.

cdash
04-24-2011, 04:10 AM
It just takes a winning tradition. A couple banners don't hurt. Look at IU basketball: terrible team for three years now, but Assembly Hall was absolutely rocking for quite a few games last year.

IU football on the other hand...

So, yes. Winning tradition. Banners.

Can we name three BCS conference football programs worse than IU? Big LEast doesn't count.

Duke is one. What else we got?

QuickRelease
04-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Shame some bad fans were ********.

No such thing as good fans and bad fan bases. I'm a Sox and Hawks fan and a Colts and Pacers fan. Am I an ******* half of the time and nice the other half? Are Bulls fans who are Sox fans only ******** while being Bulls fans? Or maybe I'm an *******? Bulls fans have called me ******* before while I've been decked out in Pacers gear at the UC, but if I'm an ******* to Bulls fans and they think I'm obnoxious are all Pacers fans obnoxious?People have a right to cheer for whatever team they choose. They weren't :censored: because they were Bulls fans. In fact, some of the Bulls fans near us were pretty cool. But there were some :censored: there, who just happened to be Bulls fans. There was one bad moment, to me, regarding some of our fans. I want to beat Chicago as much as anyone. That said, I hate, hate, hate whenever fans cheer someone getting hurt. Some cheered when Rose was injured, which never feels right to me. I understand it helping our chances to win, but being a fan shouldn't mean celebrating something like that, IMHO.

QuickRelease
04-24-2011, 08:06 AM
And I didn't really care for this quote from Herb Simon:

"We'll live with this," Pacers owner Herb Simon said. "At least they paid full price for the tickets."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110424/SPORTS04/104240380/Pacers-lose-home-edge-Bulls-fans-invade-fieldhouse?odyssey=nav|head

IndyHoya
04-24-2011, 08:46 AM
People have a right to cheer for whatever team they choose. They weren't :censored: because they were Bulls fans. In fact, some of the Bulls fans near us were pretty cool. But there were some :censored: there, who just happened to be Bulls fans. There was one bad moment, to me, regarding some of our fans. I want to beat Chicago as much as anyone. That said, I hate, hate, hate whenever fans cheer someone getting hurt. Some cheered when Rose was injured, which never feels right to me. I understand it helping our chances to win, but being a fan shouldn't mean celebrating something like that, IMHO.

When Rose went down with the ankle sprain, I didn't cheer, although some around me did. But I understood the inclination to cheer. After all the Pacers effort and still being 0-3, I felt like the Pacers hadn't really gotten any breaks -- 21 foul shots for Rose in Game 1, the two close games in Chicago, Collison going down with his sprain, Foster retroactively assessed the flagrants, Conseco a sea of red -- all that. I felt like the Goddess Fortuna was conspiring against us.

I didn't feel like cheering because Rose was hurt. I felt more like, "At last, at last, some of the breaks are evening out. Hallelujah!" I felt like applauding for a more even playing field. I have to believe some of the others around me may have applauded for this reason too.

Like you, I never wish to see anyone hurt. Really, when you think about it, there's no glory in beating a team with its star down.

IndyHoya
04-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Per a retweet from the usually conciliatory El Pacero:

"Grandma McRoberts got beer tossed on her by Bulls bums. ugly."

Mackey_Rose
04-24-2011, 09:56 AM
The Bulls fans sitting near us were all well behaved, and I actually enjoyed going back and forth with them about the game and series. In our section, everything was in good fun.

I'd prefer it to be all Pacers fans, but considering the circumstances, hoping for that is just not realistic.

chicagotransplant
04-24-2011, 10:05 AM
The Bulls fans sitting near us were all well behaved, and I actually enjoyed going back and forth with them about the game and series. In our section, everything was in good fun.

I'd prefer it to be all Pacers fans, but considering the circumstances, hoping for that is just not realistic.

I am a former resident of Indy and a Pacer fan. I now live in Chicago. I watched the game on TV and I am embarrassed that so many Pacer fans must have sold their tickets to Bulls fans. On TV, it just looked like a sea of Red. It may as well have been at the UC. What is wrong with the fans back in Indy? Why would they betray their team and their city. My friends in Chicago laughed and laughed and I was embarrassed about my home town. This would not happen in most cities.

Banta
04-24-2011, 10:11 AM
One more thing I want to add is that the Bulls were number one in attendance this year and The Pacers were last. The Bulls draw almost 9,000 more fans per game. I have Bulls fan friends who drove down for the game and I guarantee you that they were nothing but respectful. Sure they cheered for their team, but you won't read any stories about the thousands of Bulls fans who came down and weren't jerks. The combination of alcohol and sports fans is going to produce a certain amount of ********, and when there are that many of them rooting against the home team, it is going to get ugly. Let's just not pretend that Pacers fans are better people than Bulls fans.

I'm gonna disagree with you on this. I'll go on record as saying the average Pacers fan is a better person than the average Bulls fan. I have no qualms with asserting that.

idioteque
04-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Per a retweet from the usually conciliatory El Pacero:

"Grandma McRoberts got beer tossed on her by Bulls bums. ugly."

Yikes, good McBob (I assume) didn't see it when it happened. If it were me and I saw it, I would have pulled an Antonio Davis and would have been in the stands confronting that guy.

Trophy
04-24-2011, 11:06 AM
The invasion of Bulls fans and acting like animals at CFH is like that Family Guy episode when the New Yorkers invaded Quahog.

Trophy
04-24-2011, 11:08 AM

"We'll live with this," Pacers owner Herb Simon said. "At least they paid full price for the tickets."

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110424/SPORTS04/104240380/Pacers-lose-home-edge-Bulls-fans-invade-fieldhouse?odyssey=nav|head

That's the lone brightside of it all. Their money went to Simon and PS&E.

idioteque
04-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Here's what I really don't understand at all.

I really don't get that concept that "it takes time" for fans to come back. I just don't. The truth is that the Pacers have been playing very well in the playoffs and they played fairly well over the last half of the season after JOB was fired. You don't have to not be living under a rock to understand that.

Exciting playoff basketball is right in front of you. Wouldn't you, intuitively, want to see that? Surely no regular human being thinks, "well, this is an exciting opportunity, but you know what, it is going to take time for me to actually take advantage of this opportunity."

I don't get it at all. If good playoff basketball is in front of me, I'm there.

idioteque
04-24-2011, 11:10 AM

The Washington National GM said the exact same thing after one of of the millions of Phillies invasions into Nationals Park. The local fanbase really skewered him over it, although the local media, who doesn't care about the team, said nothing.

Trophy
04-24-2011, 11:11 AM
I just hope as a Pacers fan, I will never have to see a home crowd that filled with opposing fans.

It was nothing, but a disgusting sight.

That is embarrassing for a whole city and I can't believe it would be Indy and it's Pacers playoff basketball.

eric1516
04-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Part of the problem with fan attendance has been media, especially local, representation. When a majority of the articles published in the Star reflect on the mediocrity and stumbling blocks of the team it turns people off.

I'm not saying that the articles are correct nor are they always negative, but it's fair to say that the Pacers have not gotten extremely positive representation from the media.

idioteque
04-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Part of the problem with fan attendance has been media, especially local, representation. When a majority of the articles published in the Star reflect on the mediocrity and stumbling blocks of the team it turns people off.

I'm not saying that the articles are correct nor are they always negative, but it's fair to say that the Pacers have not gotten extremely positive representation from the media.

That is certainly true. And people will inevitably respond that it's not the job of the local media to act as a PR machine for the team. But that is exactly what they do with the Colts, so it's definitely a double standard.

eric1516
04-24-2011, 11:18 AM
That is certainly true. And people will inevitably respond that it's not the job of the local media to act as a PR machine for the team. But that is exactly what they do with the Colts, so it's definitely a double standard.

That is exactly what they do with the Colts. It makes me mad to see more stories posted on the Sports page about the Colts than the Pacers in the playoffs.

That said, I have enjoyed Kravitiz's articles as of late. He's been spot on with the assessment of the playoffs.

hoosierguy
04-24-2011, 11:26 AM

Can we name three BCS conference football programs worse than IU? Big LEast doesn't count.

Duke is one. What else we got?

And this would accomplish what exactly? Start a thread in the appropriate forum if you want to bash IU football.

Vanderbilt is another.

hoosierguy
04-24-2011, 11:32 AM

I really don't get that concept that "it takes time" for fans to come back. I just don't. The truth is that the Pacers have been playing very well in the playoffs and they played fairly well over the last half of the season after JOB was fired. You don't have to not be living under a rock to understand that.

Exciting playoff basketball is right in front of you. Wouldn't you, intuitively, want to see that? Surely no regular human being thinks, "well, this is an exciting opportunity, but you know what, it is going to take time for me to actually take advantage of this opportunity."

The Pacers were basically a .500 team after being certifiably terrible under JOB for the first half of the season. They weren't THAT much better down the stretch and Game 3 had far more Pacers fans than Game 4.

As I have said repeatedly, playing .500 ball for two months and squeaking into the playoffs with a losing record isn't going to excite many people.

Banta
04-24-2011, 11:53 AM
The Pacers were basically a .500 team after being certifiably terrible under JOB for the first half of the season. They weren't THAT much better down the stretch and Game 3 had far more Pacers fans than Game 4.

As I have said repeatedly, playing .500 ball for two months and squeaking into the playoffs with a losing record isn't going to excite many people.

They were 17-27 under JOB and finished 2 games over .500 under Vogel. It is incorrect to say they weren't "much better" down the stretch.

BillS
04-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I really think it was only about a 2-1 ratio of Bulls fans to Pacer fans, but that still was overwhelming. It's the old "look to your left, look to your right, only one of you is a Pacer fan" thing. When you consider there were clumps of Pacer fans and (larger) clumps of Bulls fans, it looked like we were outnumbered by more than that.

Even at that, if it wasn't "let's go Bulls" during a timeout/pregame (or the National Anthem :mad:), or noise during the last part of the 4th quarter, the Bulls fans as a whole got knocked back on their heels pretty early and didn't make the kind of noise they could have done. Pacer fans couldn't drown then out when they were all cheering (and face it, we don't have a "Let's Go <insert one syllable team name here> chant that we learn from birth), but I think they did more cheering. I certainly blew my own voice out.

Bulls fans near us were very polite for the most part (though the ones above the drum corps who started cursing them out were, shall we say, <i>stupid</i>), and I think were surprised to hear some of us commenting on calls that went our way and should not have (like a missed travel or two) and calls that were bad for the Pacers but were good calls (like the goaltend).

I also think the reason it was so overwhelming today was that from the beginning most of the Bulls fans coming to Indy pegged the Saturday game. I would imagine by the time a lot of Indy fans decided to try to come to the game it was already sold out. That's why I think we'd have seen this even if we'd won on Thursday, because the tickets were already in the hands of Bulls fans.

I'm not sure why you'd say this is bad. For one, we don't have the context, so it could have been in terms of a longer interview where this was more of a "look at the bright side" than a "we don't care as long as we get the $$$" statement.

For another thing, Pacer fans don't bother coming out unless/until they get deep discounts, so why wouldn't Herb be happy to see someone buying full price tickets?

pacers_heath
04-24-2011, 12:08 PM
People are exaggerating the ratio. It was probably 60 percent home crowd pacers fans in attendance. The thing was that a lot of pacers fans didn't have any pacers gear to wear to you couldn't really compare that to the sea of red when you scanned the arena. Some areas were almost all pacers fans, especially around me.

You could tell as all the red left when the game was sealed for us that the arena was still mostly full but people just weren't wearing pacers colors. The bulls fans that left early were all walking down the stairs chanting 'pacers suck' as the indiana fans stood around and waited to walk down the stairs.

Its also evidenced that we had more fans in the fact that we were equally as loud when their fans were a lot more verbal.

They were seriously annoying though. Very immature. It was kind of funny when they booed the half time show because it was pretty dumb. I overall found it to be a fun an exciting atmosphere. I've never been to a sporting event divided like that, it was fun

Basketball Fan
04-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Really? Pistons fans were that bad?

Well I take it you blocked out the entire brawl of 2004 because even the Bulls fans didn't cause that.

Sollozzo
04-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Fans from anywhere can be bad, but Chicago fans are in a league of their own when it comes to obnoxiousness and downright annoying behavior.

hoosierguy
04-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Well I take it you blocked out the entire brawl of 2004 because even the Bulls fans didn't cause that.

That was in Detroit, not Conseco. I thought the discussion was pertaining to how fans of opposing teams behaved in Conseco, not in their own arena.

Pacerblue
04-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Fans from anywhere can be bad, but Chicago fans are in a league of their own when it comes to obnoxiousness and downright annoying behavior.

If you have ever been to a reds game in cincy even cubs fans can be annoying. That has changed some with the reds winning but for the cubs to never win anything they are horrible.

Major Cold
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Peck does Grandma McRob sit to the section right of you and up? Cause if so, then yeah we go showered by them. My nephew got some beer on him.

Dr. Hibbert
04-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Chicago: Where it's always 1985-1995.

Isaac
04-24-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm gonna disagree with you on this. I'll go on record as saying the average Pacers fan is a better person than the average Bulls fan. I have no qualms with asserting that.

Well that's a very strange, and obviously incorrect statement. Needless firebomb removed

wseward
04-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Chicago: Where it's always 1985-1995.

hahaha that comment is so true... all the kids i encounter at school all wear old school bulls jerseys and shirts... only a handful with "updated" fan gear wear rose... there fans suck and are obnoxious.

Kid in my auditing class was talking with his chicago buddy about game 3,

"Hey bro, have you been to conseco, where should I park?"

his friend said "ya there are parking lots for like 10 bucks across the street, conseco like isn't a real stadium dude, its horrible."

... i politely leaned over (wearing my 94-95 reggie throwback) and said "you guys really don't know what your talking about do you"

hoosierguy
04-24-2011, 04:02 PM
hahaha that comment is so true... all the kids i encounter at school all wear old school bulls jerseys and shirts... only a handful with "updated" fan gear wear rose... there fans suck and are obnoxious.

his friend said "ya there are parking lots for like 10 bucks across the street, conseco like isn't a real stadium dude, its horrible."

... i politely leaned over (wearing my 94-95 reggie throwback) and said "you guys really don't know what your talking about do you"

Not a real stadium? What the hell does that even mean? And more importantly, how did that crotchsniffer get into college?

cdash
04-24-2011, 04:06 PM
And this would accomplish what exactly? Start a thread in the appropriate forum if you want to bash IU football.

Vanderbilt is another.

Oh hush up. It was a lighthearted comment. I love IU just as much as you but I think we can all admit that we have a horrendous football program.

And Vanderbilt has a better football program than IU..

hoosierguy
04-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh hush up. It was a lighthearted comment. I love IU just as much as you but I think we can all admit that we have a horrendous football program.

And Vanderbilt has a better football program than IU..

Wrong on Vanderbilt. They went 25 seasons between bowl appearances.

No need to trash IU with all of these Purdue *** holes on here.

xBulletproof
04-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Not a real stadium? What the hell does that even mean? And more importantly, how did that crotchsniffer get into college?

Don't be so shocked at some of the people in college. Some of the least intelligent people I've ever met went to college.

A lot college education just means you had the time and money to spend memorizing and regurgitating information. Not really much of a sign of intelligence to me. Of course I'm not saying only stupid people go to college, either. Just that unintelligent people are everywhere, including college.

Eddie Gill
04-24-2011, 04:25 PM

I would like to meet the person who has actually been to Conseco Fieldhouse and didn't love it. I'd argue its the ONLY real stadium.

ChristianDudley
04-24-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm glad that our team is showing some great class through all of this. By "this" I mean all the HORRIBLE officiating and the crap we're getting from the bandwagoners. I'm proud to be a Pacers fan, and I'd be ashamed if I were a Bulls fan.

smj887
04-24-2011, 04:34 PM
I get more offended at someone insulting Conseco than I do the team. The Pacers have been mediocre the past few seasons, so there's at least a sliver of merit if someone says they suck. Saying Conseco sucks is just pure blasphemy, however, and anyone who argues that Conseco "isn't a real stadium" should be drug into the streets and shot.

rock747
04-24-2011, 11:54 PM
So do any of you Indy people have your tickets for game 6??

IndyHoya
04-25-2011, 12:39 AM

I got mine. Are you Chitown people coming down for another empty visit? I'll leave a light on for ya.

Dr. Hibbert
04-25-2011, 11:23 AM

I'm surprised you even got that far. Here was a sampling of my conversations with Chicago kids at IU:

ME: Hey, do you know...

CHICAGO KID: Da Bears!

ME: ...I was going to ask...

CHICAGO KID: Da Bears! Devin Hester!

ME: ...actually, I just needed to borrow...

CHICAGO KID: Michael Jordan! Devin Hester! Da Bulls Da Bears!

ME: ...a pen.

CHICAGO KID: Ditka! Super Bowl champs! Chi-town baby!

ME: ...you're honestly stuck in a continuous loop of time between 1985 and 1995, aren't you?

CHICAGO KID: Da Bears!

kielbeze
04-25-2011, 01:09 PM
I really wonder how many of those people in Bulls attire are from Indy. It would not surprise me a bit to find out that a good number of them are.

I know a good number of the people who came to root the bulls drove down. Cheaper tix bla bla bla. but how many people did you see wearing satin Wal-Mart jerseys? that says alot about the fanhood of these idiots. I happen to own one "Wally jersey" A Psycho T jersey. I would never ever wear it to a game I would be ashamed to do so. I only wear it working in the yard fishing things like that. So you know 3/4 of those idiots stopped at a Wally world on the way down to gear up lol. Not to sound like a jerk but if you have to stop on your way to the game and that is all you could find you will probably be a Heat-Laker fan tomorrow.

pacer4ever
04-25-2011, 01:11 PM

ya almost tore it up but didnt

kielbeze
04-25-2011, 01:58 PM

I agree with you but, Average joe who reads the Star does not know that what they do know is every negative thing published there lance is in trouble, problems in the locker room the list goes on. Maybe if we could get some good press then the average person looking for a night out would choose to come see us. After average Joe types start coming out because they see in the local media that these guys are pretty darn good then the fan bug sets in and Joe comes back for more.
EDIT: Also the headline in the Star On the day of game one. "Why will the Bulls win? Let me count the ways."
That really makes fans want to spend the hard earned money they have to buy a ticket.
Stay Classy Star!

naptownmenace
04-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Bandwagoners. What can you expect?

I started a "Bandwagon Fans" chant after the game as we were walking through the concourse behind a large group of Bulls fans.

Overall, the Bulls fans were cool and just enthusiastic about their team. I thanked several of them for coming to the game and spending their money in Indiana. I even said in a mockingly tone "Thank you for your money Bulls fans! Indiana loves you!" :D

ChicagoJ
04-27-2011, 03:08 PM
I wish we could get some Pacer fans to invade the United Center on Tuesday. Respectably, of course.

There were five or six of us in the arena, total. I had my Hibbert jersey, so I was easy to spot.

There were two people in the 200 level behind the Pacers bench wearing gold jerseys. I guess they could have been Lakers jerseys, but why wear those to a Pacers-Bulls game?

And there was one person in the middle of the 100 level, directly across from the Pacers bench about 15 rows up, wearing gold.

Everyone else in the arena was wearing red. The Bulls are advertising up here (and I think it was printed on the tickets) to wear red for the home playoff games and its working.

There were a couple of other people wearing blue, but they were actually wearing navy suits so I assume they had to come straight from the office (just as I had done, so my Hibbert jersey was over the top of my dress shirt) but were Bulls fans.

As for classy?

About half-way through the first quarter, the couple beside said, "Hey, you're okay for being a Pacers fan." I chuckled and said, "Yeah, I know how to behave in someone else's arena."

The guy thought about that and said, "You're right. I go to the game to have fun and some people take it too seriously." I replied that I probably take it too seriously, but I can still act civil.

His next comment was great, and I wish all fans at sporting events would take this to heart: "I don't go the game trying to ruin your enjoyment of it, and I don't expect you to try and ruin my enjoyment of it." That wasn't my comment, that was the comment made by a Bulls fan.

Just like in Game #2, from that point everything else around where I was sitting was pleasant. Did the fans chant "Pacers suck!"? Yes. But so what, did you see what happened last night? The Pacers sucked, Rose was a mega-star, and if you don't want to hear that chant then put up a better performance. At the end of the game, I guess its safe to say that the goodbye's that I said to the other people in Section 325 last night were more pleasant than the handshake between Danny and Pebbles Noah. Several people also said to me that (a) they like where our young team is going, (b) you guys are going to be really, really good soon, and for the ones that were really paying attention: (c) wow, the coaching change made a big difference with this team.

Now they cheered for their team, as they should. I didn't have much to cheer about, so I didn't. And when Rose took over the game in the third quarter, I did what any reasonable person should do. I said, "wow, that's a nice play."

= = = = = = = = = = = =
I didn't read everything in this thread, but for Game #4 we were sitting near where a security guard was posted. He told us that a number of ejections took place late in the first quarter, when Boomer was shooting T-shirts into the crowd. The shirts landed in the midst of Bulls fans, and they followed their Wriggley Field tradition - when an opposing player hits a home run they throw the ball back. Well, at an NBA arena (especially when David Stern is in the house), throwing the shirt back to Boomer under the NBA's conduct rules is an automatic ejection from the arena. The security guard was unsure if that was also cause for arrest (obviously not, since only one person was arrested), but he thought it might also carry a one-year ban from all NBA arenas. (Wow!)

I went to three games of this series - two in Chicago - and didn't encounter any real problems. Did I like hearing them boo the Pacers at the Fieldhouse? Hell no. But IMO they were far more classy that the Pistons fans that showed up in the Fieldhouse during 2004 and 2005. From what I could see, they were only guilty of cheering for their team, and were not as emphatic at ruining the experience for everyone around them as the Pistons fans were. And certainly, none of the Bulls fans challenged my wife to a fight in the concourse of the Fieldhouse just because she was wearing a Pacers jersey like one particular Pistons fan did back in May of 2004.

Well, I'm swamped with work, and there isn't much to say about the actual game, so until next time...

:peace:

Unclebuck
04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I would say that the fans Bulls fans that were at Conseco were a different breeed than those that go to the United Center. Obviously I am talking in general terms

Isaac
04-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks for that Jay, good post with good info about the situation in both arenas. I especially agree that the Pistons fans that would invade Conseco in the mid 2000s had to have been worse, but I didn't go to any games this year, so I couldn't say for sure. What I do know from experience is that I felt really uncomfortable and almost unsafe in Pacers gear at a Pistons game in the Palace than I ever have in the hundreds of times I've gone to Bulls Pacers games at the UC.

All of my friends back home are Bulls fans, so I want to beat them and shove it in their face more than anything, but a lot of people on this forum have made really hateful, un-called for generalizations that obviously aren't true.

ChicagoJ
04-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Okay, but in general terms let's also not pretend that all Pacers fans that go to other team's arenas are well-behaved. There is something about the mentality of fan of the visiting team and it doesn't matter if that person is fan of Greenwood HS, IU, Wheaton College, the Bulls, Pacers, Steelers or Colts.

In fact, my worst experience of the past several years was with some badly behaved Wheaton College kids at one of the D3 games that I go to now.

Derek2k3
04-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, I'm shocked you had such a good experience at United Center.

Personally, I think its the cost of tickets, keeps some of the trash out of the arena. Because balcony seats could be had for $20, a lot of crappy people came down to Conseco for games 3/4.

I was at both, game 3 was far worse because all of the bulls fans around me had been drinking all day and were stirring up all sorts of problems. Game 4 wasn't as bad, I credit some of that to the early tip.

Honestly, I never had an experience with a Pistons, Sixers, Nets, or Knicks fan like I had with multiple Bulls fans in this series. Giving Pacer fans the bird, chanting F-YOU, telling underage Pacer fans to F-off...it was a travesty.

Not to mention that Chicago sports fans have a reputation as being like this. They rival Philly for classless fans.

El Pacero
04-28-2011, 06:02 PM
I would say that the fans Bulls fans that were at Conseco were a different breeed than those that go to the United Center. Obviously I am talking in general terms

I would same they were the same breed, called Bulls fan breed. (There's good and bad at every game.)

I've been to Wizards games and a Bucks game, and Games 1 & 2 in Chicago had the worst fans I've ever experienced by a long shot. (They were bad in the Fieldhouse, too.)

ChicagoJ
04-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Well, I'm shocked you had such a good experience at United Center.

Up here, there are only Bulls fans if the team are contending. Classic traits of front-running fans. I told a couple of them that I could guarantee I was at a game they weren't at - the Pacers-Bulls preseason game at The UC that was the same night that poor Bartman kid messed up the playoff game for the Cubs. There were less than 1,000 of us in the building (it was preseason, and the Bulls really sucked back then), and about 850 of those people were in the suites watching the Cubs game on television. (Literally, one of the secuirty guards and I took attendance at the game using tally marks - we almost could do it with fingers and toes.)

So based on that datapoint, I figure that the Bulls really have about 149 serious, hardcore fans. We've got a higher quantity of legit fans than that on PD that would not even miss a preseason game. So you've got to take that into consideration.

Honestly, I never had an experience with a Pistons, Sixers, Nets, or Knicks fan like I had with multiple Bulls fans in this series. Giving Pacer fans the bird, chanting F-YOU, telling underage Pacer fans to F-off...it was a travesty.

Very Pistons-fans like. That's miserable. I didn't experience any of that this year, but I have.

Not to mention that Chicago sports fans have a reputation as being like this. They rival Philly for classless fans.

No. They're unabashed homers. They are happy to leave their brains turned off, and most of them also drop off their brains at the coat check and forget to pick them back up. I've been told the 2002 Bears "were the best 4-12 team in football". I was also told that Kordell Stewart would be the guy to lead them to a Super Bowl and when I reminded the guy I was a Steelers fan he said, "He'll change, just you wait and see."

Really.

These are the same fans that still have hope that every August that the last-place Cubs are going to turn it around and win the pennant, and if not, the Bears are definitely the NFC favorite to reach the Super Bowl every August, too.

Classless is not one of the adjectives I think of. Illogical homers, yes. These are the same people that were telling me in 1988 (yes, '88, when he'd been in the league for 4 seasons) that Jordan was already the greatest player of all time. (Yawn.) So that's part of the reason that Jordan will never be at the top of my list of best NBA players ever (and Wilt and Oscar will remain at the top).

The main reason I won't ever like the Bulls is because of their fans. But not because of concerns about class, I just can't stand listening to their homerism while I know for a fact that they're just bandwagon fans, aren't really basketball fans, don't follow the rest of the NBA (except for Phil Jackson & the Lakers), etc. They don't switch to another team when the Bulls are down, they just talk about how much they hate the NBA until the Bulls come back.

Games 1 & 2 in Chicago had the worst fans I've ever experienced by a long shot.

I could be wrong about this, but aren't you the guy in the blue-and-gold star wars costume/helmet? I saw you at Game #2. Love your enthusiasm for the team, but if you're going into someone's arena dressed like that you've got to expect that you're going to hear from them. :twocents:

The McDonald's IncreiBulls guys spotted me and my Hibbert jersey at Game #5, and the one guy yelled out to the section, "We've got a Pacers fan here, what do we think of that?" And they boo'ed me. And that was fine. Nobody swore at me, flipped me off, threw anything at me. Nobody tried to ruin my evening (except for the dozen or so guys in yellow tanktops and shorts that looked like a #8 seed on the court.)