PDA

View Full Version : I want Greg Oden next year......

win
04-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Can you imagine a healthy Greg Oden in the paint for the pacers this playoff series.......low risk HIGH REWARD......

Dr. Hibbert
04-24-2011, 03:14 AM
It's been discussed on here already. That contract better favor the HELL out of the Pacers if it ever happens. Should set a contract record for opt-out clauses if that's the case.

Of course, Oden would never agree to that and would command more foolish contracts on the market. Now is not the time to commit major $$$ to a major ?

ilive4sports
04-24-2011, 03:22 AM
Can I imagine a healthy Greg Oden? Nope.

It would be HIGH risk, high reward btw.

King Tuts Tomb
04-24-2011, 03:32 AM
From Rotoworld:

Blazers GM Rich Cho said the Blazers plan on extending Greg Oden his $8.8 million qualifying offer as long as the big man's rehab continues to progress.
The Blazers have until June 30 to make a decision on Oden. If they give him the qualifying offer, he'll likely be back in Portland as no team would give him a long-term deal. If they don't, Oden will become an unrestricted free agent.

And a look at the Blazers finances next year here:

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/blazers.jsp

They're paying their top 5 guys almost $60 million. Add Oden and that goes up to almost $70 million on their first 6, two of which have chronic knee problems. There's a chance they could try and sell Oden as high as possible this off-season.

croz24
04-24-2011, 03:36 AM
have tried starting another trade proposal thread, but there's another injury prone big we could probably acquire in andrew bynum. i'm confident the lakers would accept a bynum 1st for granger hansbrough, but would we? oden is also a guy i'd go after. every year come postseason it's incredibly clear that controlling the paint is what wins you playoff games/championships.

KingGeorge
04-24-2011, 03:41 AM
If Oden doesn't work out, maybe we should take a look at Dalembert.

Jared Sullinger
04-24-2011, 04:16 AM
I'd be fine with us giving Oden a huge contract as long as there's a team option in it early on, no later than year three, although I'd prefer year two.

ECKrueger
04-24-2011, 04:32 AM
have tried starting another trade proposal thread, but there's another injury prone big we could probably acquire in andrew bynum. i'm confident the lakers would accept a bynum 1st for granger hansbrough, but would we? oden is also a guy i'd go after. every year come postseason it's incredibly clear that controlling the paint is what wins you playoff games/championships.

Sure as he'll hope we wouldn't. I want Oden if possible though.

pizza guy
04-24-2011, 04:41 AM
I'm all for bringing Oden in. It would be a ticket seller if he's ever healthy, and man what a force we could have underneath with Hibbert and Oden splitting time.

But he better be making less than me on a yearly basis, because I sure go to work a lot more.

Midcoasted
04-24-2011, 04:52 AM
Unless he signs for 5 million a year outright and nothing is guaranteed for more than a year at a time, then no. We already got a promising 7'2 guy who will "get stronger with age" and a wiley old vet to back him up now. Alot of ex NBA players and analysts are higher on Hibbert than half of this board it seems.

At this point I'd rather have Jeff for next years playoffs. He proved he deserves to be in the playoffs. His game just hasn't been falling off with time. I thought this would be the year. I stuck the fork in him. And by surprise he has the best season offensively I've ever seen him have, he is also as effective as ever at defense and rebounds, and the hard fouls have been a thing of beauty.

It's weird, I expected Foster to get worse, but he got better. Wtf?:hmm:

mattie
04-24-2011, 04:55 AM
The Pacers should keep a ton of cap space, let this young team develop while waiting for Paul George to become a star. If that happens they'll be sitting good.

On top of that, if they wait they'll get the right player... Imagine as this team is developing into a real good 50 win playoff team with 25 mil in cap space?? You think Dwight Howard would make the switch? I do.

Midcoasted
04-24-2011, 05:03 AM
The Pacers should keep a ton of cap space, let this young team develop while waiting for Paul George to become a star. If that happens they'll be sitting good.

On top of that, if they wait they'll get the right player... Imagine as this team is developing into a real good 50 win playoff team with 25 mil in cap space?? You think Dwight Howard would make the switch? I do.

The twin towers. I could see Howard fitting really well next to Hibbert at PF. Now that would be just be plain sick and nasty. We would probably win more than one campionship. I wish a superstar like that would take Barkley's advice, and win a championship here in Indiana. We have the team to do it. We are missing one piece. I think it's Paul George in a year or two. But no doubt, Dwight starting at Pf next to Hibbert's long 7'2 finesse offense? Unstoppable. Boozer and Noah would cry.

I just like Tyler to much though. I'm perfectly fine with just sitting on cap space and letting George develop and by then we'll be able to tell who stays and who goes, if we haven't won a ring yet because Paul George becomes unstoppable with a great team around him lol.

Also if we sit on 25 million in cap space don't the Simons make a profit for once? Say we re-sign Foster and McRoberts and Dunleavy for 8.5 million total and sign our rookies, won't that give us somewhere around 15 million free? And I'm assuming McRoberts might get a few years on a deal, but i expect Foster and Dunleavy to be one year offers.

Eleazar
04-24-2011, 05:03 AM
It can be a good idea for the right price and team options.

Will Galen
04-24-2011, 05:08 AM
I think the Pacers are looking to bring Stanko over to back up Hibbert. If we can resign Foster and McRoberts, all we will need is someone who can rebound and play defense and our front line will be good. Then all we will need is someone that can create their own shot. Granger can to a small degree when he's not being doubled or triple teamed.

mattie
04-24-2011, 05:12 AM
The twin towers. I could see Howard fitting really well next to Hibbert at PF. Now that would be just be plain sick and nasty. We would probably win more than one campionship. I wish a superstar like that would take Barkley's advice, and win a championship here in Indiana. We have the team to do it. We are missing one piece. I think it's Paul George in a year or two. But no doubt, Dwight starting at Pf next to Hibbert's long 7'2 finesse offense? Unstoppable. Boozer and Noah would cry.

I just like Tyler to much though. I'm perfectly fine with just sitting on cap space and letting George develop and by then we'll be able to tell who stays and who goes, if we haven't won a ring yet because Paul George becomes unstoppable with a great team around him lol.

Also if we sit on 25 million in cap space don't the Simons make a profit for once? Say we re-sign Foster and McRoberts and Dunleavy for 8.5 million total and sign our rookies, won't that give us somewhere around 15 million free? And I'm assuming McRoberts might get a few years on a deal, but i expect Foster and Dunleavy to be one year offers.

It would be incredible. Dwight would fit on this team so well. We'd easily be the best defensive team in the league even with DC still in the starting lineup.

Dwight is such an incredible defender that he can guard any big in the league regardless, so starting him next to Hibbert would work flawlessly. Rose would be pissed that every time Paul George wasn't blocking his shot, Howard and Hibbert would be picking up the slack lol.

But yeah its just like you said. Keep the few necessary pieces we have, let this starting 5 develop and win games next year and the following, and with all that cap space we would be able to sign the truly correct FA that could help the team win, vs signing a hope and a prayer like Oden.

It wouldn't be the worst case if over the next two years Tyler turned into a strong solid starting PF, only to be replaced in the starting lineup by Howard. Obviously we'd suddenly have the best bench with Tyler competing for best 6th man.

Eleazar
04-24-2011, 05:15 AM
It would be incredible. Dwight would fit on this team so well. We'd easily be the best defensive team in the league even with DC still in the starting lineup.

Dwight is such an incredible defender that he can guard any big in the league regardless, so starting him next to Hibbert would work flawlessly. Rose would be pissed that every time Paul George wasn't blocking his shot, Howard and Hibbert would be picking up the slack lol.

But yeah its just like you said. Keep the few necessary pieces we have, let this starting 5 develop and win games next year and the following, and with all that cap space we would be able to sign the truly correct FA that could help the team win, vs signing a hope and a prayer like Oden.

It wouldn't be the worst case if over the next two years Tyler turned into a strong solid starting PF, only to be replaced in the starting lineup by Howard. Obviously we'd suddenly have the best bench with Tyler competing for best 6th man.

Exactly my thoughts, unless it is a clear and obvious can't miss upgrade don't do it at least when it comes to the starters.

ballism
04-24-2011, 05:47 AM

They wouldn't offer Bynum for Melo, if we believe the espn. Why would they do for Granger?

xBulletproof
04-24-2011, 10:04 AM
I was saved from the Zach Randolph barrage of threads this summer, for goodness sakes Portland help me out and be dumb enough to save me from an overload of Greg Oden dream scenarios that his deteriorating condition on his body miraculously disappears. He may get lucky and be healthy once or twice during a season in his career, but odds are most of it will be the same as it has the last 4.

Kid Minneapolis
04-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Who woulda thought back then that, of the two, Mike Conley would have the more productive career four years down the road?

idioteque
04-24-2011, 10:55 AM
I think the Pacers are looking to bring Stanko over to back up Hibbert. If we can resign Foster and McRoberts, all we will need is someone who can rebound and play defense and our front line will be good. Then all we will need is someone that can create their own shot. Granger can to a small degree when he's not being doubled or triple teamed.

I agree, Larry's hinted at such and I think the story has even appeared in the European media. I have no idea what to expect from the guy.

Justin Tyme
04-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Does the name Bender mean anything to some of you, or just a name from the past. Oden is nothing more than a Bender v2. Wasted money for a permanently injured player who will never produce. The money can be better spent elsewhere for a HEALTHY player/players.

If Oden wasn't from Indy, there would be little love for him. I'm waiting on lets get Oden then trade for Conley post. Then there is the it'll more tickets post too.

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xBulletproof
04-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Id give 2-4 million for Oden and hope he's healthy during the playoffs as a best case scenario. Good timing on his health. I would even consider that a risk of cap space and potentially a roster spot. Id only give him that money AFTER we have used most of our space to acquire a quality player or two as well.

If that's not enough then so be it. And I am sure it wont be.

Basketball Fan
04-24-2011, 12:15 PM
It would be just Portland's 'luck" that Greg Oden would be healthy and play better outside of Portland...

Its where big men go bye bye...

Sollozzo
04-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Can you imagine a healthy Greg Oden

No, and that's why you're going to be hard-pressed to find people willing to take a risk on him.

Taking Bowie over Jordan and taking Oden over Durant. OUCH, that's some brutal stuff to have to live with.

I think Bobby Knight is a complete and utter ******* for the most part, but he had a great quote to the Blazers GM who insisted that the Blazers needed a center and therefore wouldn't be picking Jordan. Knight: "Well, then play him (Jordan) at center!"

Tom White
04-24-2011, 12:39 PM

Where the heck is that "No Thanks" button?

grace
04-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Can you imagine a healthy Greg Oden in the paint for the pacers this playoff series.......low risk HIGH REWARD......

If Portland could imagine him healthy they wouldn't let him go.

vnzla81
04-24-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't.

Trophy
04-24-2011, 01:07 PM
As a cheap backup maybe, but I wouldn't rely heavily on him to be anything promising.

vnzla81
04-24-2011, 01:13 PM
By the way if anybody really want to pay 7mil for a broken down player why not pay a healthy player the same amount? Chandler,Nene and Dalembert are free agents, there is also a good amount of players who's teams are maybe looking to trade for a good package(Varejao,Kaman and the center in Dallas) in other words, we have more choices thanks to our huge cap space ;)

Slick Pinkham
04-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Nene would be a better fit, speed and energy-wise, but he also is injury-prone. I don't want Oden in a suit, and sadly it seems like that's all we'd get.

Justin Tyme
04-24-2011, 01:39 PM
If Portland could imagine him healthy they wouldn't let him go.

Bingo, we have a winner!

Hicks
04-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Only way I'd feel comfortable with Greg is if he agreed to a contract no player would ever agree to: Long term, big money...... but every single year starting with the 2nd is a team option.

imbtyler
04-24-2011, 01:44 PM
I also would like healthy Greg Oden here, but it's definitely high risk, high reward. If he proved worthy, I wouldn't mind paying him anything less than what he's making now.

Also, Dwight Howard won't sign here. Not because of market size, but because this isn't a team he can see himself winning with, and no GM working for the Pacers would have the pair to even try to convince him to play here.

smj887
04-24-2011, 02:25 PM
I also would like healthy Greg Oden here, but it's definitely high risk, high reward. If he proved worthy, I wouldn't mind paying him anything less than what he's making now.

Also, Dwight Howard won't sign here. Not because of market size, but because this isn't a team he can see himself winning with, and no GM working for the Pacers would have the pair to even try to convince him to play here.

While I agree that we'll never, ever get Dwight, you don't think Larry would try?

trailrunner
04-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Unless he signs for 5 million a year outright and nothing is guaranteed for more than a year at a time, then no. We already got a promising 7'2 guy who will "get stronger with age" and a wiley old vet to back him up now. Alot of ex NBA players and analysts are higher on Hibbert than half of this board it seems.

At this point I'd rather have Jeff for next years playoffs. He proved he deserves to be in the playoffs. His game just hasn't been falling off with time. I thought this would be the year. I stuck the fork in him. And by surprise he has the best season offensively I've ever seen him have, he is also as effective as ever at defense and rebounds, and the hard fouls have been a thing of beauty.

It's weird, I expected Foster to get worse, but he got better. Wtf?:hmm:

I agree with Oden for 4 million/year club option after year 2. I also agree it would be wise to sign Jeff for a reasonable amount pending his back being healthy. Not so sure Hibbert will ever become a dominant center but he is certainly worth his current salary. I think the Pacers are just one superstar away from a legitimate run as the roster stands now. I think we should resign Foster for 3-4 million and McRoberts to 2 million contracts. We will get someone in the draft that will be effective as a backup and perhaps start. Let Dunleavy, S. Jones, and Ford go. In 2012 go after Kevin Love or Gordon with everything we have available under the cap. We could get one of them I believe. I think Love would fit perfectly and solve the scoring and rebounding deficit we have against the Bulls.

croz24
04-24-2011, 02:52 PM
if we want to sign oden, the contract will have to look something like 4yrs $40mil with a team option after year 2, player option after year 3

vnzla81
04-24-2011, 02:56 PM
if we want to sign oden, the contract will have to look something like 4yrs $40mil with a team option after year 2, player option after year 3

No thank you.

ilive4sports
04-24-2011, 04:06 PM

I am not paying him $10 mil a year. Hell Portland might not take his $8 million dollar option because it will be overpaying for him.

croz24
04-24-2011, 04:46 PM
that's fine. but that sort of deal is likely what he will go for...

Heisenberg
04-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I want something like Posey + 1st for Varajao. Probably not near enough though.

Sandman21
04-24-2011, 05:53 PM
While I agree that we'll never, ever get Dwight, you don't think Larry would try?

I'd go for it. Stranger things have happened, and at some point, we're going to have to swing for the fences in FA.

PacersHomer
04-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Why would we waste our time on Howard? That would never happen. He'll go to the Lakers when his contract is up. He won't go to a small market with which he has no connections. It'd be awesome and make the Pacers a championship contender but it won't happen. Eric Gordon should be the top target after next year.

trailrunner
04-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Why would we waste our time on Howard? That would never happen. He'll go to the Lakers when his contract is up. He won't go to a small market with which he has no connections. It'd be awesome and make the Pacers a championship contender but it won't happen. Eric Gordon should be the top target after next year.

I agree about Howard but I think Love wants out of Minnesota and might be easier to acquire. George could become a star at SG although I would like Gordon. George could play SF in that scenario.

ilive4sports
04-24-2011, 07:22 PM

If we are able to, you most definitely true and pursue Dwight when he is a FA next year. It doesn't hurt to offer and certainly isn't a waste of time. It's a long shot, but you have to do it.

LA_Confidential
04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Shortlist of a few guys I'd rather attempt to sign instead of Oden:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/4497.jpghttp://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3534.jpghttp://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/4313.jpghttp://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3663.jpghttp://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3511.jpg

All are Low Risk, High Reward. Yes, Kwame Brown too.

Solomon Grundy
04-24-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't know about bringing Greg Oden here but I do think it might be worthwhile to look at Portland as a trading partner. They have Brandon Roy, Wesley Mathews, Gerald Wallace, Nicolas Batum, Rudy Fernandez, etc. playing the 2 and 3. Almost all of them are starter-quality players and I don't believe Portland can keep all of them happy...

KingGeorge
04-24-2011, 08:35 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I3VVcBANSqE/Sb_jIiYXqRI/AAAAAAAABKk/HJhPFODdWgY/s320/CARL+LANDRY+SHOT+-+ESCAPED+WITH+MINOR+INJURY.jpg

I want this guy.

LA_Confidential
04-24-2011, 08:41 PM
I dont.

KingGeorge
04-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I dont.

Why? He is a good player and would help us tremendously.

xBulletproof
04-24-2011, 08:54 PM

Probably because it takes him 4 years to play one years worth of NBA games.

That would be the reason most people would say no.

KingGeorge
04-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Probably because it takes him 4 years to play one years worth of NBA games.

That would be the reason most people would say no.

He played 76 games this year. I think that is a years worth of games. Maybe I'm wrong.

xBulletproof
04-24-2011, 09:01 PM
He played 76 games this year. I think that is a years worth of games. Maybe I'm wrong.

My fault. I didn't realize you guys weren't talking about Oden, this is a thread about him. :laugh:

Ramitt
04-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Do not want Oden

Heisenberg
04-24-2011, 09:05 PM
I just cannot fathom people wanting Oden, especially at the price. Portland's giving him his qualifying offer, which is like 9 mil. That means a deal starts there. Something like 3/15? Sign me up, THAT's low risk high reward.

The kid's just never gonna be healthy, never has been. Damn shame too, great kid from all accounts.

LA_Confidential
04-24-2011, 09:06 PM

Tyler is already capable of giving us what Landry would bring. What we need is an athletic, defensive big who can rebound, block shots and play the 4/5. Ill take Deandre Jordan, hands down over Landry.

Heisenberg
04-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Jordan'd be perfect, I just don't see anyway the Clippers let him go. Him and Blake are BFFs. Still amazed he fell to the second round.

imbtyler
04-24-2011, 09:11 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/4497.jpg

Yesplz.

LA_Confidential
04-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Jordan'd be perfect, I just don't see anyway the Clippers let him go. Him and Blake are BFFs. Still amazed he fell to the second round.

Teams will be fighting tooth and nail to get NENE so someone is gonna miss out. That means Jordan will make a boat load of cash. Its been proven time and again that the Clips are cheap. We do have a shot.

Heisenberg
04-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Teams will be fighting tooth and nail to get NENE so someone is gonna miss out. That means Jordan will make a boat load of cash. Its been proven time and again that the Clips are cheap. We do have a shot.
Maybe, I dunno. Where's count55 when you need him, pretty sure Jordan qualifies for the "Gilbert Arenas Provision."

vnzla81
04-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Does anybody here knows when free agency starts and when the lockout starts?

LA_Confidential
04-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Maybe, I dunno. Where's count55 when you need him, pretty sure Jordan qualifies for the "Gilbert Arenas Provision."

????

Heisenberg
04-24-2011, 09:18 PM
????
Yeah, it's complicated
(http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q38)

LA_Confidential
04-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah, it's complicated
(http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q38)

Thanks, it is complicated. What I took from that was if we signed Jordan we would still be able to spend this off season and next. We'd have to lock up Roy, Tyler, George and DC in a couple seasons but we'd be heading Into the Luxury Tax land. A calculated risk but at the moment does seem to be worth it.

Hicks
04-24-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm not anti-Landry, but if you have him and Tyler as your power forwards, you're basically dealing with the same strengths and weaknesses for 48 minutes. I'd at least prefer something very different (like Josh), if we can't get someone obviously better.

Anthem
04-24-2011, 10:14 PM
if we want to sign oden
... then we'd finally be playoff contenders, since we'd have a former #1 pick on the team!

Heisenberg
04-24-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm not anti-Landry, but if you have him and Tyler as your power forwards, you're basically dealing with the same strengths and weaknesses for 48 minutes. I'd at least prefer something very different (like Josh), if we can't get someone obviously better.
That's really my big problem with it and why I prefer pursuing a guy like Varejao (should the FA market not work). We really need a guy capable of sliding up to the 5 and being a viable option there.

I really like Landry as a player, and if we signed him I'd root my *** off for him, but I just don't think it'd be very smart to do.

croz24
04-24-2011, 10:45 PM
... then we'd finally be playoff contenders, since we'd have a former #1 pick on the team!

what is it, 40% of all #1 nba draft picks have made or will likely make the basketball hall of fame? which is far more than any other draft pick in the draft. and then how many past nba champions did not have a hall of famer on their roster. so what exactly is your point? history says it's essentially a requirement you need hall of famers to win championships. history also says you have a 40% chance of acquiring a hall of famer with the #1 overall pick. logic then tells you your chances of winning a title are greatly improved by having a #1 overall draft pick. then again, logic isn't a concept i'd expect you to understand...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-7783134

CableKC
04-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Although there is a clear need to a backup center.....that is what we are looking for....a Center that can come in and play 20 mpg and be an emergency Starter when called upon....basically what Foster does now. A center like Oden or Dalembert is not going to take a backup role behind Hibbert. Add in that for a Backup Center, we shouldnt be sinking in more then $6+ mil a year....if we do, he better be a solid tweener PF/C or a top tier Backup Center.

My whole point is that the FO should only devote so much $$$$ to players in each position. Committing too much and/or paying a Center close to starting $$$ when we already have a Starting Center is illogical.

For a backup center, think more along the lines of Pryzbilla or making a run at Turiaf...not Oden or Dalembert.

xBulletproof
04-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Oden isn't going to be one of those 40% of #1 picks.

That's logic too

Heisenberg
04-24-2011, 10:52 PM
I could be down with some Vanilla Gorilla. You'd think the knee tear (I think that's what it was) would lower the price that much more. Really like that idea actually.

croz24
04-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Oden isn't going to be one of those 40% of #1 picks.

That's logic too

and find me where in this thread i advocated spending money on him... anthem is just being a d-bag trying to start crap with me. oden is also only 22/23 years old with no recurring injuries. still too early to write him off.

xBulletproof
04-24-2011, 10:57 PM
So you defend his ability to be healthy, but don't approve spending money on him? That sounds contradictory.

Regardless, we've been over this "recurring injury" thing and they are recurring considering his physical problems. You just don't want to see it.

croz24
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
So you defend his ability to be healthy, but don't approve spending money on him? That sounds contradictory.

Regardless, we've been over this "recurring injury" thing and they are recurring considering his physical problems. You just don't want to see it.

by "spending money" it was implied to mean a bigger contract along the lines of $10-12mil/year on oden. nothing in that post was contradictory...

ilive4sports
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
what is it, 40% of all #1 nba draft picks have made or will likely make the basketball hall of fame? which is far more than any other draft pick in the draft. and then how many past nba champions did not have a hall of famer on their roster. so what exactly is your point? history says it's essentially a requirement you need hall of famers to win championships. history also says you have a 40% chance of acquiring a hall of famer with the #1 overall pick. logic then tells you your chances of winning a title are greatly improved by having a #1 overall draft pick. then again, logic isn't a concept i'd expect you to understand...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-7783134

40% is already the minority and your going to tell me Greg Oden is going to develop into some HOF player? :rolleyes:

croz24
04-24-2011, 11:09 PM
wow there is a severe lack of reading comprehension on this board... the stat about #1 draft picks was in reference to anthem's comment about having a #1 pick on this team. that discussion goes back as far as 3-4 years when arguing whether it was wise for the pacers to tank and how we can best build this team. anthem was referencing that discussion and my ideas of acquiring top 5 picks since that is your best chance at acquiring a hall of fame talent given the pacers situation...

and while 40% is the "minority", such a number should only be viewed relative to the other draft positions.

aero
04-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Can I imagine a healthy Greg Oden? Nope.

It would be HIGH risk, high reward btw.

Yeah gonna have to say pass on Bender2.0