PDA

View Full Version : it's going to go at least six games...

WhatCouldHaveBeen
04-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Because indiana will break through and get that win @ home. Then they have nothing to lose and somehow steal game 5 @chicago... game 6 is going to define the series. If we can win game 6 we win in 7...Sunshinnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee commence!

Unclebuck
04-22-2011, 04:49 PM
you aren't going to tell us why or how they are going to win

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 04:58 PM
no it wont be I predicted Bulls in 4. It looks like that will be the case 5 max.

Jon Theodore
04-22-2011, 05:00 PM
you aren't going to tell us why or how they are going to win

Doesn't have too...unless there are new forum rules I was unaware of?

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Doesn't have too...unless there are new forum rules I was unaware of?

the cavs will win the NBA title next year because i know ;)

2012 Cavs are gonna be the NBA champs Baron Davis MVP of the league!

Jon Theodore
04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Nice try at a joke there...although if you replace Cavs with Pacers it would actually be relevant to what I said. You are getting there.

Last I checked, you don't have to provide an essay to share your opinion. If a guy wants to post that he thinks the Pacers are going all the way this year...that is fine by me. It provides me with an opportunity to react in a couple of different ways.

I can choose to disagree and post why. I can choose to ignore the post and move on with my life. I can also choose to put that poster on ignore, if I deem his opinion not worthy of my computer screen. Or I can make sure everyone knows I am wayyyy more advanced and sarcastically ask them to provide documentation of why they would say such a thing.

SMosley21
04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Some of you guys are jerks for no reason other than that you enjoy trying to get a rise out of other people.

What's wrong with this guy saying that he has a feeling that we're going to win the next 2 games? Absolutely nothing.

Besides, were you guys not able to see clearly through your darkly tinted shades to notice the end of his post?

Sunshinnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee commence!

He's clearly stating that he's being what we refer to around here as a "sunshiner". Hell we even have a "mood" for that. Get off your high horses every once in a while. I promise you life is better down here on the ground.

Jon Theodore
04-22-2011, 05:17 PM
High horses are IN right now

90'sNBARocked
04-22-2011, 05:20 PM
You can tell were down 0-3

Stryder
04-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Not being a jerk or anything like that, but just stating that when one normally states an opinion like that, one typically follows it up with some evidence or reasoning behind the opinion...just expound on it and all will be fine... :)

yoadknux
04-22-2011, 05:25 PM
There's nothing wrong with posting your opinion, but unbased "guesses" should go to the prediction thread. That's what I think at least

IndyHoosier
04-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Man this thread went downhill fast. I like the unwavering confidence but I don't think that we will win 2 or 3 games in a row unfortunately. Like the Cubs say, maybe next year!

ilive4sports
04-22-2011, 05:45 PM
All UB asked is if he would tell us how. He didn't say this is a pointless thread. Ever think UB wants to hear why and how the Pacers will do it?

NuffSaid
04-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I like WCHB's enthusiam. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that unless the Pacers find that closer - whom I believe is there, they just aren't utilizing him as such (Dahntey) - this series will end tomorrow.

ECKrueger
04-22-2011, 06:19 PM
After game 1 I would say I could see that. After game 2, possibly. Now? Not gonna happen.

owl
04-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Not being a jerk or anything like that, but just stating that when one normally states an opinion like that, one typically follows it up with some evidence or reasoning behind the opinion...just expound on it and all will be fine... :)

Really, what reasonable reason could anyone give that the Pacers would beat the Bulls???
It was a statement of hope. Vogel would be proud.

Stryder
04-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Really, what reasonable reason could anyone give that the Pacers would beat the Bulls???
It was a statement of hope. Vogel would be proud.

And you know where hope alone gets you... 0-3. I kid. I kid.

TMJ31
04-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Well, considering that we have outplayed the Bulls for about 140 out of the 144 minutes of game time thus far, I would not put it past us to force a Game 5 then a Game 6.

Why not? We've already shown our resiliency, just haven't been able to close out in the last minute. If we can turn that corner, who is to say we can't win a couple in a row and make the Bulls sweat it out a bit?

Jon Theodore
04-22-2011, 08:32 PM
All UB asked is if he would tell us how. He didn't say this is a pointless thread. Ever think UB wants to hear why and how the Pacers will do it?

How will the Pacers do it? I'll play the role of einstein here and say that they will score more points than the Bulls do, thus winning the game.

I'm sorry, but if the OP's post deserves criticism for not providing "adequate reasoning" then so does UB's response.

The OP simply said the Pacers will win tomorrow...big deal. Acting like he's ridiculous for not explaining HOW they will win is absurd.

Every thread on the digest can not and does not have to be a statistical back and forth between the more literate posters flexing their "english muscles." I enjoy reading Pecks write-ups as much as everyone else, but I also enjoy reading ridiculously silly one liners from a variety of posters. Are we going to get to the point of having to document sources at the bottom of each post, like we all did/do in highschool and college?

I'm getting tired of everyone, including administrators (obviously) acting like someone is not WORTHY of posting on here unless they have great writing skills and only make posts containing content backed by facts/stats.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I just think the OP was condescended for no good reason by an administrator...which in my opinion sets a bad example for everyone else to follow. Maybe i'm in the minority on this issue and I am the one who needs to find another place to express my thoughts/feelings of this team I love.

DemonHunter1105
04-22-2011, 08:35 PM
the cavs will win the NBA title next year because i said so

He didn't call anyone out or do anything but have optimism about his team. If it bothers you that much, just ignore him or the thread.

What's the point of posting when all you are going to do is be an absolute dick?

Jon Theodore
04-22-2011, 08:37 PM
He didn't call anyone out or do anything but have optimism about his team. If it bothers you that much, just ignore him or the thread.

What's the point of posting when all you are going to do is be an absolute dick?

Well he was backing up a forum administrator...right or wrong anyone can see the "merit" in doing so.

Unclebuck
04-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Some of you guys are jerks for no reason other than that you enjoy trying to get a rise out of other people.

What's wrong with this guy saying that he has a feeling that we're going to win the next 2 games? Absolutely nothing.

Besides, were you guys not able to see clearly through your darkly tinted shades to notice the end of his post?

He's clearly stating that he's being what we refer to around here as a "sunshiner". Hell we even have a "mood" for that. Get off your high horses every once in a while. I promise you life is better down here on the ground.

I suppose this is directed at me?

He sounded so sure, I really wanted to know why and how he was so sure. I mean there are several credible ways the pacers could win a game or two, several scenerios. I honestly wanted to know his thoughts.

Getting on here and saying the team will never win another game or never lose another game is OK, but I think the whys and hows is what makes this forum so good

Unclebuck
04-22-2011, 08:46 PM
How will the Pacers do it? I'll play the role of einstein here and say that they will score more points than the Bulls do, thus winning the game.

I'm sorry, but if the OP's post deserves criticism for not providing "adequate reasoning" then so does UB's response.

The OP simply said the Pacers will win tomorrow...big deal. Acting like he's ridiculous for not explaining HOW they will win is absurd.

Every thread on the digest can not and does not have to be a statistical back and forth between the more literate posters flexing their "english muscles." I enjoy reading Pecks write-ups as much as everyone else, but I also enjoy reading ridiculously silly one liners from a variety of posters. Are we going to get to the point of having to document sources at the bottom of each post, like we all did/do in highschool and college?

I'm getting tired of everyone, including administrators (obviously) acting like someone is not WORTHY of posting on here unless they have great writing skills and only make posts containing content backed by facts/stats.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I just think the OP was condescended for no good reason by an administrator...which in my opinion sets a bad example for everyone else to follow. Maybe i'm in the minority on this issue and I am the one who needs to find another place to express my thoughts/feelings of this team I love.

Oh for God sake, so I am in the wrong to ask the guy why he believes what he believes.

I did not in anyway mean to be condescending.

Honestly I thought I was showing him respect by asking him a question and truly wanting to know his thoughts behind his prediction.

DemonHunter1105
04-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Well he was backing up a forum administrator...right or wrong anyone can see the "merit" in doing so.

He just said no we won't. Then went on to make a sarcastic comment about the Cavs.

I understand what UB is saying and agree he should have explained more why he believed it to be the case we get to 6 games. But P4E doesn't have to be a dick.

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 08:58 PM

now your making fun of my prediction :cry: Cavs 2012 NBA Champs

DemonHunter1105
04-22-2011, 09:00 PM
now your making fun of my prediction :cry: Cavs 2012 NBA Champs

Only because you put it in green, and said "because I said so." If you said it without that, I couldn't complain.

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Only because you put it in green, and said "because I said so." If you said it without that, I couldn't complain.

i fixed it for you.

Trophy
04-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Really? :hmm:

Jon Theodore
04-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Well you started with "you aren't" or "you are not"

To me the word NOT generally has more of a negative connotation than a positive one. Your statement was also presented as being sure....sure that he was not going to provide any sound reasoning for his thoughts.

I'm not trying to start anything(after this post the issue is dropped for me personally), but for me it was easy to draw that you were being condescending...I know many will not speak up, but I am not the only one who read it that way. Smosley obviously felt the same way and those who thanked his following post.

Maybe I took my aggression out on the wrong person, but there has been a lot of similar dialogues. Poster A says "I think the Pacers can make it to the second round! I love this team." Followed posters B, C, and D responding with "yet you don't bring anything to the table in regards to how they are going to do this. What is your source for this information...i'd LOVE to know"

If you say you did not mean to condescend, I believe you. But my reaction to your post, is a symptom of many others who have indeed MEANT what you did not intend.

Unclebuck
04-22-2011, 09:07 PM
the cavs will win the NBA title next year because i know ;)

2012 Cavs are gonna be the NBA champs Baron Davis MVP of the league!

you aren't going to tell us why or how that is going to happen

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 09:09 PM

Baron Davis will turn into MJ ;) and LBJ will get traded back for Harongody

Jon Theodore
04-22-2011, 09:11 PM
He just said no we won't. Then went on to make a sarcastic comment about the Cavs.

I understand what UB is saying and agree he should have explained more why he believed it to be the case we get to 6 games. But P4E doesn't have to be a dick.

Ok I said I was done, but I strongly and vehemently disagree with this. He does NOT in any way need to explain why he thinks the Pacers will win the next game. HE IS A INDIANA PACERS FAN!!!! He should not get any **** for that...

Just by starting the thread he is inviting everybody, including those who may be more capable of further discussing the why's and hows, to JOIN IN on the conversation. That is what we are all here for. Everyone provides a different point of view.

I just think we probably scare a lot of lurkers from posting, when we jump on a thread starter with immediate criticism.

IndyHoya
04-22-2011, 09:13 PM

The planets are due to align in a rare way next year so that all of them will be exerting a strong gravitational pull on the city of Cleveland. The attraction will have an equally rare effect on players (and referees) that come there causing balls to fall through home team hoops and referees to assess more than ordinary allotments of fouls to visiting teams. El Nino and the jet stream will be additional factors that make for the 2011-2012 season to be a Cleveland year. Nostradamus had something to say about it too..."A rising on the American Lake and the Baron of the sphere will awe all". It's right there in his book. That Lake is lake Erie and that Baron has to be Baron Davis!

Pacer4Ever isn't one to shoot his mouth off without solid factoids backing him up. When he talks (like with E. F. Hutton) people listen! There are lost of factors pointing to a Cleveland rebound. You don't have to be a gypsy to read all these tea leaves.

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 09:14 PM

I was just making a out there comment with no reasoning obviosly it is a joke it wasnt meant to be a dick just a joke.

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 09:14 PM
The planets are due to align in a rare way next year so that all of them will be exerting a strong gravitational pull on the city of Cleveland. The attraction will have an equally rare effect on players (and referees) that come there causing balls to fall through home team hoops and referees to assess more than ordinary allotments of fouls to visiting teams. El Nino and the jet stream will be additional factors that make for the 2011-2012 season to be a Cleveland year. Nostradamus had something to say about it too..."A rising on the American Lake and the Baron of the sphere will awe all". It's right there in his book.

THIS!

Thank you Joe

AesopRockOn
04-22-2011, 09:22 PM
The planets are due to align in a rare way next year so that all of them will be exerting a strong gravitational pull on the city of Cleveland.

I doubt it. Drew Carey's lost a ton of weight.

IndyHoya
04-22-2011, 09:26 PM
I doubt it. Drew Carey's lost a ton of weight.

Hey, it's in the stars, man!

joeyd
04-22-2011, 11:42 PM
We would win in 7 if we put a cameraman on D-Rose in games 4 through 7!!

Mark
04-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Jesus Christ. This guy is excited about the Pacers. I know I am too. There isn't anything wrong with that.

Isaac
04-23-2011, 03:19 AM
This thread is a mess.

Eleazar
04-23-2011, 05:21 AM
The planets are due to align in a rare way next year so that all of them will be exerting a strong gravitational pull on the city of Cleveland. The attraction will have an equally rare effect on players (and referees) that come there causing balls to fall through home team hoops and referees to assess more than ordinary allotments of fouls to visiting teams. El Nino and the jet stream will be additional factors that make for the 2011-2012 season to be a Cleveland year. Nostradamus had something to say about it too..."A rising on the American Lake and the Baron of the sphere will awe all". It's right there in his book. That Lake is lake Erie and that Baron has to be Baron Davis!

Pacer4Ever isn't one to shoot his mouth off without solid factoids backing him up. When he talks (like with E. F. Hutton) people listen! There are lost of factors pointing to a Cleveland rebound. You don't have to be a gypsy to read all these tea leaves.

With all of that lining up I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Mayan prediction about the Cavs. What do their calenders say?

IndyHoya
04-23-2011, 11:10 AM
With all of that lining up I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Mayan prediction about the Cavs. What do their calenders say?

"Some believe that the Mayan 2012 date may mark the end of civilization or perhaps the beginning of a time of great tribulation. It is also getting increasingly popular to refer to the astronomical event as the "galactic alignment" (Nostradamus and 2012. History Channel, original air date 01/04/09)--though most astronomers have difficultly identifying the center of the Milky Way galaxy (and hence many feel that there is no alignment event)."

Well, the Calendar's equivocal. There is some stuff in the Popol Vuh though that points to Pacers in 7. It's obscure and subject to lots of varied interpretations.

Pacers4Ever is part Mayan and perhaps this is where he was getting his stuff about the Cavs. Dunno. However the Mayan calendar "count" points to a Pacer win in 7. We'll see.

Slick Pinkham
04-23-2011, 01:58 PM
This whole forum needs a :chillpill

Maybe a game 4 win will be just what the doctor ordered.