PDA

View Full Version : McRoberts 100% Shooting but less than 20 min played

Hall O'Point
04-22-2011, 02:34 PM
I got a little fussy last night about McRoberts going 2/2 from the floor and 5/5 from the line but staying on the bench the whole 2nd half. He was +9 for the night (which lead all players).

So I looked into it further and found 5 games this year where he was 100% from the floor and the line but played 20 minutes or less.

I don't like it. In a game where both Roy and Hans were 3-12 from the field, it just seems goofy to keep McNasty on the pine during crunch time. I would say the exact same thing if Hans was having a good game but they kept Josh on the floor. Neither of them need long rests. The best thing about both of them is their motor. But we don't always play to that strength, and the result is all the cry for a free agent 4. Play 'em both until they puke (neither will run out of gas) but certainly don't forget to use the one who's having the better night.

naptownmenace
04-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I was surprised Josh didn't play more in the second half too. He was playing great in the 2nd quarter.

In Tyler's defense though, he started playing better defense in the second half and that was probably the reason Vogel stuck with him.

xIndyFan
04-22-2011, 02:49 PM
thought that josh played pretty well in game 3. but while going 2-2 is technically 100%, it is not shooting well. jeff has done that lots of times and no one will ever accuse him of shooting well. the issue of josh vs tyler was settled mid-season. tyler will get the starter minutes and josh the backup minutes, because tyler>josh. :shrug:

tylers lack of good play does make an arguement for the signing of a real power PF this summer though. :idea:

RWB
04-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Josh needs to hit the weights this off season to get additional minutes when things turn physical.

Deadshot
04-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Josh needs to hit the weights this off season to get additional minutes when things turn physical.

Either that or he needs to figure out what to do when he's between 5 and 15 feet from the basket. For someone that handles the ball and passes as well as he does, he really struggles in putting the ball on the floor and creating inside. I think its more than just a strength issue.

Hicks
04-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Both of our power forwards are shooting 35% in the series. Ugh.

vnzla81
04-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Both of our power forwards are shooting 35% in the series. Ugh.

Carlos Boozer is not killing anybody either with his 36% and he makes way more than our guys.

xIndyFan
04-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Carlos Boozer is not killing anybody either with his 36% and he makes way more than our guys.

boozer make a good yardstick for measuring PF's. if your better than him, you're a good PF. if you're not, then you're not. both offensively and defensively.

he is a good offensive player, but he can be held down by a good defender. likewise he is a less good defensive player, but he can defend most guys. good rebounder, but can be shut out. a nice test guy to compare your guys against.

Eleazar
04-22-2011, 08:13 PM
I think the poor shooting percentage of the PF's (on both teams) is more of a statement of the defense than because they aren't playing well.

Sandman21
04-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Isn't Josh also hurting some?

Hicks
04-22-2011, 08:47 PM
It's a combination. The Bulls defense, certainly, some bad attempts by both (though Josh was fine in G3), and then in G2 and G3 Tyler just couldn't buy a jumpshot.

Unclebuck
04-22-2011, 08:52 PM
I thought Josh was really good in the first half and he stayed in the game a lot longer than he normally does and rightfully so. Tyler got lost in the trapping defense the Pacers were trying to employ in the first quarter, but Josh came in and was really good in the team defensive scheme