PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Smith says he's likely done in Denver

The Future
04-22-2011, 12:02 PM
@nuggetsnews Benjamin Hochman
Jr smith says team had no pulse today and "strong possibility" he wont sign w den in summer. Story soon on denverpost.com/nuggets
21 hours ago via Twitter for Android

http://twitter.com/#!/nuggetsnews/status/61134607042625538

vnzla81
04-22-2011, 12:03 PM
One more mistake and he is done in the NBA

PacersForever
04-22-2011, 12:04 PM
J.R or OJ ?

King Tuts Tomb
04-22-2011, 12:05 PM
JR Smith is one of the worst players I've ever watched in the NBA. Bad attitude, poor shot selection, none of his teammates like him. If I was a GM I wouldn't give him the minimum.

To paraphrase Kevin Garnett, he is cancerous to his team and the league.

Lou Bega
04-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Indiana has cap space this offseason. I would rather spend a little more money on Jamall Crawford if the Pacers were looking for a wing that loves to shoot the ball. He's a better player IMO.

binarysolo
04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
On a good night, JR is one of the best scorers in the league. Can get to the tin as well as deadly effective from outside.

Day-V
04-22-2011, 12:09 PM
On a good night, JR is one of the best scorers in the league. Can get to the tin as well as deadly effective from outside.

So he's Stephen Jackson with an even worse attitude?

jcouts
04-22-2011, 12:23 PM

That's giving him way too much credit...

daschysta
04-22-2011, 12:28 PM
If his head was on straight I actually wouldn't mind him off the bench here. When he's "on" he's basically unstoppable offensively and can get his shot off from anywhere. We could use a dynamic scorer like him off the bench.

Note that I don't want JR smith specifically on the team (he and lance might get along a bit too well) Just a backup sg that can fill it up when he gets hot and make his own shot.

Jamal Crawford, willy green, or a marcus thornton are the types of players that can fill a huge huge hole on the team without breaking the bank in a role as a sparkplug, like "hurricane al" used to be before his ego grew two sizes two big in atlanta.

But yuck at JR specifically. I hope we can steal mayo this offseason, memphis's GM has spent an awful lot on his players for such a cheapskate, and they have some talent that we can probably get for cheap in a salary dump like mayo.

I really wish tony allen weren't so important to them someone like him would be great in a pg tandem with DC on those nights where DC is just too small.

That's giving him way too much credit...

Absolutely, jackson is a really, really good player that busts his *** and plays defense even when his streaky shot is off, JR is a destructive cancer who isn't a good teammate and is ONLY useful when he's "hot" (even if he is fun to watch and dangerous when that actually happens)

jcouts
04-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Absolutely, jackson is a really, really good player that busts his *** and plays defense even when his streaky shot is off, JR is a destructive cancer who isn't a good teammate and is ONLY useful when he's "hot" (even if he is fun to watch and dangerous when that actually happens)

100% agreed. If he's not hot, he rarely contributes anything else. There's a reason why George benched him in favor of Forbes early in the season.

Defensively, JR only shows up to play defense against Kobe. He defends Kobe better than just about any other player in the league, for some reason. Unfortunately, he's AWOL on defense every other game out of the year.

LucasRL13
04-22-2011, 01:05 PM
JRSmith is one of the best players in the league in my opinion

But is head....

Young
04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
JR Smith is right there with Ron Artest on the list of players I don't want to see on the Pacers. That's pretty sad too considering why I don't want Ron on the Pacers.

JR Smith is a waste of god given talent. It's really sad. There are plenty of guys who deserve to be playing in the NBA way more than him. They might not be as talented but they would appreciate it and give some effort.

joew8302
04-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Wow, it is rare this board is so unanimous with a player. This just goes to show how bad of a cancer JR is.

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Bet he will go to the Bulls

naptownmenace
04-22-2011, 02:41 PM

He can't play D like SJax can. A few years ago I was interested in JR Smith coming to the Pacers but not anymore. He's a me-first guy and he doesn't get along with his teammates.

I'd rather go after Kenyon Martin than JR Smith. That's how little I think of him now. I've done a complete 180 on him.

sopgy
04-22-2011, 03:02 PM

Watch Dunleavy go to the Bulls.

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Watch Dunleavy go to the Bulls.

Kover is a better version of Mike. But it could happen I guess. I just think that Chicago has defensive SG's and a shooter but JR has a different skill set. They were intersted in him at the deadline from whatt i read.

PR07
04-22-2011, 03:10 PM
He's a very good scorer and can create his own shot, both needs of this team. However, I think there's too many red flags here.

Hicks
04-22-2011, 08:48 PM
JR Smith is one of the worst players I've ever watched in the NBA. Bad attitude, poor shot selection, none of his teammates like him. If I was a GM I wouldn't give him the minimum.

To paraphrase Kevin Garnett, he is cancerous to his team and the league.

And it's a shame. Very talented.

90'sNBARocked
04-22-2011, 08:53 PM
well as far as talent he would really fit in outstanding

the million dollar questin would be could you trust him to be a true professional

itscaleb
04-22-2011, 08:55 PM
We do have a desperate need for SG, if jamal crawford doesn't resign with the hawks I think that would be a great fit.

speakout4
04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
He would cost the team more fans than he could bring in.

Hicks
04-23-2011, 01:54 AM
well as far as talent he would really fit in outstanding

the million dollar questin would be could you trust him to be a true professional

And the answer is an emphatic hell no.

King Tuts Tomb
04-23-2011, 02:15 AM

I actually think he was already traded to the Bulls from the Hornets who then immediately traded him to the Nuggets.