PDA

View Full Version : We are missing OJ Mayo right now

The Future
04-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Heck, let's trade for Monta Ellis.

We need a guy who can create off the dribble and score!

NapTonius Monk
04-21-2011, 09:46 PM
OJ Mayo is not the answer. Ellis can score, but I'd be hesitant to add him if he's really as self-focused as has been suggested.

D-BONE
04-21-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't think Mayo is that great creating of the dribble. I suppose he's an upgrade over who we have, but that's not saying much. But he would give us another good offensive option, which we obviously need. Not sure we need it more than some size and rebounding on the interior. Our bigs other than Jeff have been manhandled the last two games.

Trophy
04-21-2011, 10:30 PM
For the price it took to get Mayo, I wouldn't pass it up.

I feel like in a new organization, he can probably play like he did in his rookie and sophomore years.

He has a lot of talent and he's pretty clutch and can score or create a shot for himself when it's needed.

He did a lot of that in his rookie year as pretty much the leader of that team.

Sookie
04-21-2011, 10:31 PM
LOL, we'd have to play Posey at PF, and Mayo vs Rose is going to come out the same as Granger vs. Rose.

PacerFan31
04-21-2011, 10:31 PM
If we had OJ we would be up at least 2-1 right now, guaranteed.

jeffg-body
04-21-2011, 10:35 PM
I really see PG next year with this experience and a good offseason as being the answer.

Major Cold
04-21-2011, 10:36 PM
If we had OJ we would be up at least 2-1 right now, guaranteed.
Guaranteed you are wrong. Have you watched Mayo in the playoffs?

You folks are ignorant of the NBA. Put down the NBA 2K11 and come to the real world.

aaronb
04-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Mayo and Randolph would make this a 50 win team in the east. The question is how do we find 2 guys better than anyone else on this roster? Shortcutting the rebuild was still a bad idea.

vnzla81
04-21-2011, 10:39 PM
OJ Mayo? :laugh: right, like OJ Mayo was ever going to get the ball with DC as the point guard :rolleyes:

Gold
04-21-2011, 10:39 PM
LOL, we'd have to play Posey at PF, and Mayo vs Rose is going to come out the same as Granger vs. Rose.

Bird was trying to bring another PF along with the trade so probably not. But yeah, I'm not sure if it would make much of a difference, at least not in this game.

flox
04-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Have any of you been watching Spurs/Grizz?

Because if you have you might have figured out that while OJ Mayo is good and is an upgrade over Rush, and has the talent to have more impact that Jones/Dunleavy, he hasn't yet and his impact on that series is not as significant as you guys who claim we would be winning would think.

Trophy
04-21-2011, 10:43 PM
OJ Mayo? :laugh: right, like OJ Mayo was ever going to get the ball with DC as the point guard :rolleyes:

I'd rather have them playing together than OJ and AJ.

DC passes the ball more than AJ does and I think a guard lineup of them wouldn't be bad.

It would help DC out. He'll have a solid SG to pass it off to.

PacerFan31
04-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Guaranteed you are wrong. Have you watched Mayo in the playoffs?

You folks are ignorant of the NBA. Put down the NBA 2K11 and come to the real world.

Thank you for setting me straight great one, you've opened my "ignorant" eyes.

Get out of here with that nba 2k11 stuff

flox
04-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Thank you for setting me straight great one, you've opened my "ignorant" eyes.

Get out of here with that nba 2k11 stuff

No seriously have you watched Spurs Grizz?

He's like the fourth best wing for the Grizz in that series. Sam Young, Tony Allen, and Battier are outplaying him.

PacerFan31
04-21-2011, 10:54 PM

He's like the fourth best wing for the Grizz in that series. Sam Young, Tony Allen, and Battier are outplaying him.

Don't get me wrong that's an accurate statement, but I truly believe that he would've helped this team.

Plus it's a little bit of emotion flowing after just getting home from the game and needing to do a little venting.

Trophy
04-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Mayo just doesn't fit in with what Memphis is running anymore.

He'd probably be better here mainly because we can use his 2 guard talent.

I still do believe Bird will acquire him. I wouldn't think he'd let a deal he nearly got done go and because time to make the deal ran out.

flox
04-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Don't get me wrong that's an accurate statement, but I truly believe that he would've helped this team.

Plus it's a little bit of emotion flowing after just getting home from the game and needing to do a little venting.

Fair enough fair enough.

I don't think he wouldn't have helped, heck, I'd take a sack of potatoes over Rush, so in that sense, he is an upgrade.

But then again Rush played 2 minutes tonight.

Hoop
04-21-2011, 10:58 PM

Yep, and if Rudy Gay was healthy Mayo would not be playing at all.

flox
04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Yep, and if Rudy Gay was healthy Mayo would not be playing at all.

That's actually a scary thought. That we'd trade McRoberts for a player that, given full health for the Grizz, would not be playing for them at all.

It's strange. It's still a good trade, but it's strange.

ilive4sports
04-21-2011, 11:02 PM
We are missing experience. Roy/Tyler/Paul just aren't consistent enough on the offensive end yet. They got shots and missed good looks right at the basket. If they all shot a combined 33% tonight, we win.

cdash
04-21-2011, 11:11 PM
We overrate the hell out of OJ Mayo around here.

vnzla81
04-21-2011, 11:14 PM
We overrate the hell out of OJ Mayo around here.

We?

pacer4ever
04-21-2011, 11:22 PM
We are missing Roy Hibbert it reminds me of Space Jam...........................

http://youtu.be/mWeII9xkTnw

jcouts
04-21-2011, 11:34 PM
In my opinion, we don't really need a create-his-own-shot SG like Mayo or Ellis to replace Paul, because currently, and probably for the future, Paul is our best perimeter defender and has a MUCH higher ceiling than Danny.

Danny, while he does a lot of great things and I like him, he isn't that good of a defender, and he isn't the closer we need. To me, he's the one I'd rather see replaced in the starting lineup via a trade. Our closer would be doing everything Danny is currently doing, playing at least the same level defense, and having the option as a closer. We would likely have to package one other guy in the trade, but I would be targeting that option.

If we package Danny in a deal for that person, we have a much better chance of getting what we need to go alongside Paul for the future. If Paul does develop into a closer, then, well, shucks, we have two.

aaronb
04-21-2011, 11:43 PM

It's not about being this # wing. It's about him having a specific skill set. The Grizz don't need Mayo for offense like we would.

pacer4ever
04-21-2011, 11:48 PM
The guy we are missing was at the game tonight Eric Gordon future Pacer:pray:

Trophy
04-22-2011, 12:02 AM
The guy we are missing was at the game tonight Eric Gordon future Pacer:pray:

Just goes to show how much he'd love to play back in Indy and for the Pacers, the team I'm sure he grew up watching.

I'm really hoping we manage our money well and try and sign him or most likely sign and trade for him.

He should've gotten a jersey and played tonight. We could really use his talent.

cdash
04-22-2011, 12:36 AM
We?

Yes, we. The people on this board. I'm part of this board, so we.

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Just goes to show how much he'd love to play back in Indy and for the Pacers, the team I'm sure he grew up watching.

I'm really hoping we manage our money well and try and sign him or most likely sign and trade for him.

He should've gotten a jersey and played tonight. We could really use his talent.

He lives here in the off season. I wissh he could have suited up if he did we win easily.

cdash
04-22-2011, 12:42 AM
He lives here in the off season. I wissh he could have suited up if he did we win easily.

I don't know. He would have been helpful on offense, but Paul George has been absolute dynamite on Rose on the defensive end. His length clearly is a problem for the MVP.

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 12:57 AM
I don't know. He would have been helpful on offense, but Paul George has been absolute dynamite on Rose on the defensive end. His length clearly is a problem for the MVP.

tonight I would have put EJ at pg in place of DC(if he was on the team)
. I would take EJ over george also but for this series I would have let EJ run pg/combo guard.

cdash
04-22-2011, 01:47 AM
tonight I would have put EJ at pg in place of DC(if he was on the team)
. I would take EJ over george also but for this series I would have let EJ run pg/combo guard.

EJ is not a point guard. He can handle the ball some, but if he plays more than spot minutes at the position, he will become a liability. I know you love him and think the world of him, but to be perfectly honest I don't think he would make much of a difference.

PacerFan31
04-22-2011, 01:55 AM
It's not about being this # wing. It's about him having a specific skill set. The Grizz don't need Mayo for offense like we would.

I agree with this. The situation reminds me a lot of what happened with Tyler here.

No playing time under JOBs system, but Vogel he is coming into his own.

CooperManning
04-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Anyone who thinks adding OJ Mayo and subtracting McRoberts would have affected the outcome of any of these three games hasn't watched more than 5 Grizzlies games this season.

PacerPride33
04-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Would still love to have Mayo's talent here. EJ is the player I wish we'd acquire the most, but I don't think its happening, unless we trade Granger for him

graphic-er
04-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Or how bout we we get Mayo this offseason. Hope he blows up and lives up to the potential. We then use him in a sign and trade to get Gordon...

Hicks
04-22-2011, 05:48 PM

Mayo would guard their 2.

pacer4ever
04-22-2011, 05:56 PM
EJ is not a point guard. He can handle the ball some, but if he plays more than spot minutes at the position, he will become a liability. I know you love him and think the world of him, but to be perfectly honest I don't think he would make much of a difference.

He plays PnR at the SG tons it wouldnt be ideal but it could work or it could fail horribly.

The one game this year he played pg (due to baron "knee injury")

he had 20 and 11 career high assits but he had quite a few TO's 4 or 5 if i remember right.

PacerPride33
04-22-2011, 08:38 PM
To go with Mayo, him and Carl Landry are two guys I'd like to see in Pacers uniforms next year. Hot Carl's defense has been great on Pau in this playoff series. A one two punch of him and Tyler would be great

2minutes twowa
04-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Trade for Al Jefferson and add Jason Richardson. That team would be tough to beat!!!

Scot Pollard
04-23-2011, 12:38 AM
EJ would come here to be a SG!

I'd say goodbye to Danny if it meant getting EJ.

Picture this guys. Paul George at SF, his natural position and then home town hero Eric Gordon at SG leading this team.

GET IT DONE BIRD!!!!!!

Justin Tyme
04-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Hot Carl's defense has been great on Pau in this playoff series.

When Landry has been mentioned in the past, naysayers complain about his size and lack of "D". So Landry is giving up size to Gasol and playing "D". Maybe some should tie a string around their "finger", so they will remember it when FA begins and talk about Landry surfaces again.