PDA

View Full Version : Contender/Pretender vol. 21 - Orlando Magic

Ultimate Frisbee
10-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Is Orlando the most improved team in the league? Has any team revamped so much in one year? Can anyone bring together all of these players that have never played together before? What about the rookies? How will they perform?

Starters:

PG: Steve Francis
SG: Cuttino Mobley
SF: Hido Turkoglu
PF: Dwitght Howard
C: Kelvin Cato

Bench:

Stacey Augmon F-G
Earl Barron - C
Tony Battie - C
Keith Bogans - G
Michael Bradley - F
Andrew DeClercq - C-F
Corsley Edwards - F
Pat Garritt - F
Grant Hill - F
Mario Kasun - C
Jameer Nelson - G
Jemeil Rich - G
DeShawn Stevensen - G
Ajani Williams - F

Coach: Johnny Davis

Ultimate Frisbee
10-05-2004, 07:53 PM
I personally didn't really think about it before typing this up, but I think Orlando will contend in the Southeast.... The season will start out rough, but honestly they have the 4th most talent in the East (and are 1 Miami injury away from having the 3rd most).

Their starting 5 is solid and they have a lineup of Jameer Nelson, DeShawn Stevensen, Grant Hill, Pat Garrity?, and Tony Battie coming off the bench.... In my estimation, that makes their bench potentially better than the starting lineups of a few other Eastern Conference teams.

Contender!

Pig Nash
10-05-2004, 07:57 PM
weisbrod made some good moves. While you can't call any offseason where you trade away a top five player, you can call Orlando's a wash at least and they should be better than they were last year. Still not a championship contender but at least for the playoffs.

Lord Helmet
10-05-2004, 07:59 PM
I will say Pretender.They may not have the best chemistry.But who knows.I guess they could maybe be a surprise team.I will stick with what I said though and say they are Pretenders.

Ultimate Frisbee
10-05-2004, 08:08 PM
I will say Pretender.They may not have the best chemistry.But who knows.I guess they could maybe be a surprise team.I will stick with what I said though and say they are Pretenders.

Yeah... chemistry is what will hold these guys back more than their talent I'd think...

JOneal7
10-06-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm going to say...CONTENDER...and I'm weisbrods biggest hater out there. That guys a moron for trading a top 5 player in the league. Even if it was for 3 guys who fill a spot. Nelson better not bust like gaines either. We are all high on him here.
If this blows up in his face...it could be the end of the ORLANDO magic...No one will come out to see steve francis. He isn't the draw that T-Macking was.