PDA

View Full Version : Who are the top 15 players in the NBA?

vnzla81
04-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Mike and Mike were asking this question in their show, who do you think they are? And remember, team record doesn't matter.

Edit: going to change it to 15 to make it harder ;)

Wilk39
04-21-2011, 10:03 AM
In no particular order...

1. James
2. Wade
3. Amare
4. Melo
5. Durant
6. Rose
7. Paul
8. Kobe
9. Howard
10. I don't know...Gasol/DWilliams

dohman
04-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Lebron
Rose
D Howard
Kobe
Wade
CP3
Deron Williams
dirk
durant
amare or griffen "yes as a rookie"

Thats my top ten right now. Given the day you can flip flop williams and cp3.

vnzla81
04-21-2011, 10:15 AM
This is my list:

1- Howard
2- Wade
3- Lebron
4- Kobe
5- Durant
6-Melo
7- CP3
8- Blake
9- Westbrook
10-Dirk
11- Dwill
12-Monta
13- Rose
14- Zbo
15- Nash

tfarks
04-21-2011, 10:33 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Derrick Rose
5. Chris Paul
6. Kevin Durant
7. Pau Gasol
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Kevin Love
10. Dirk Nowitzki
11. Deron Williams
12. Paul Pierce
13. Lamarcus Aldridge
14. Russell Westbrook
15. Amare Stoudemire

Just missed the cut - Carmelo Anthony, Manu Ginobli, Blake Griffin

Kstat
04-21-2011, 10:35 AM
In no particular order...

Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love
Deron Williams
Carmello Anthony
Kevin Durant
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Derrick Rose
Zach Randolph
Manu Ginobili

ballism
04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Imo, assuming everyone's healthy (except Yao, who seems to be done):
1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. Howard
4. CP3
5. Kobe
6. Durant
7. Dirk
8. D-Will
9. Rose
10. Melo
11. Pau Gasol
12. Andrew Bogut
13. Amare
14. Rondo
15. Steve Nash

Griffin, Love, Monta, Z-Bo - those guys are too flawed defensively atm imo, and they don't try hard enough on defense. If I have to take a defensively challenged PF, I'd take Amare atm.
Westbrook is very average defender, and very average decision maker. He's not a top 15 player yet, imo.
Joe Johnson would probably be no.16 on that list for me.

Kstat
04-21-2011, 10:56 AM
....so Blake Griffin is defensively flawed, but Steve Nash isn't?

ballism
04-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Why just Nash? Melo, or Amare, or Rose aren't exactly killing people on defense as well.
They are just much better offensively than Blake right now, aren't prone to silly charges and rookie mistakes, and generally try to sprint back on defense - which Blake is very lazy to do.
As for Nash, he is the best shooter and possibly the best distributor in the league. If I'm trying to redo the 2010-11 season, I'm picking Nash before Blake.

Blake might be an MVP candidate and top 5 on that list soon, maybe even next year. Right now, he's not, imo. I'd also take Z-Bo, Aldridge, Joe Johnson and KG over Blake for this season, assuming health, and would seriously consider Westbrook and Chris Bosh.

oxxo
04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Lebron
Wade
Durant
Rose
Westbrook
Paul
D Will
Kobe
Howard
Dirk
Gasol
Amare
Manu
Duncan
Z Bo

Il Ragionier Ugo Fantozzi
04-21-2011, 04:41 PM
James
Kobe
Rose
Wade
Durant
Deron
Paul
Melo
Howard
Dirk
Gasol
Rondo
Amare
Griffin
Westbrook

Unclebuck
04-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Call me crazy, but I do not think Kevin Love is a top 15 player. I would probably get to 30 before I put him on my list. Sure he's a great rebounder, but that isn't good enough to get into the top 15. Plus look how many games his team won this season. Winning is the bottonline

Scot Pollard
04-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Dwight Howard
Amare Stoudemire
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Russell Westbrook
Rajon Rondo
Carmelo Anthony
Manu Ginobli
Chris Paul

pacer4ever
04-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I dont get how Duncan made anyones list he played poorly this year compared to who should be on the list

Scot Pollard
04-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Call me crazy, but I do not think Kevin Love is a top 15 player. I would probably get to 30 before I put him on my list. Sure he's a great rebounder, but that isn't good enough to get into the top 15. Plus look how many games his team won this season. Winning is the bottonline

Am I the only one who thinks he's overrated?

He plays with the team that finished with the worst record.

Not saying he's not good, but people make it seem like he's going to lead the Timberwolves to the playoffs.

He's a great player to have, but he shouldn't be your #1 answer.

Kstat
04-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks he's overrated?

He plays with the team that finished with the worst record.

Not saying he's not good, but people make it seem like he's going to lead the Timberwolves to the playoffs.

He's a great player to have, but he shouldn't be your #1 answer.

...is that anything like the Sonics finishing with the NBA's worst record with Kevin Durant leading the way?

Unclebuck
04-21-2011, 04:54 PM
...is that anything like the Sonics finishing with the NBA's worst record with Kevin Durant leading the way?

he was a rookie, he scored a lot of points but wasn't that good in his first season. Sure you could see he was going to be great, but put the current Durant on the T-Wolves and they would be much much better than they are right now.

Kstat
04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
So what? Love is in his 3rd year. Huge difference.

In Durant's 2nd year the Thunder improved a whopping 3 games. They didn't start actually winning until they got some talent around him.

Judging Love by Minnesota's record is beyond absurd.

aaronb
04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Durant
Kobe
LeBron
Howard
Randolph
Wade
Amare
Dirk
Rose
Paul
Deron Williams
Carmelo
Roy Hibbert
Horford
Blake Griffin

OrganizedConfusion
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
in no particular order

Dwight Howard
Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Paul Pierce
Monta Ellis
Amare Stoudemire

TinManJoshua
04-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Danny Green
Armon Johnson
Leon Powe
Quentin Richardson
Joe Smith
Ish Smith
Landry Fields
Brandon Roy
Etan Thomas
Hilton Armstrong
Andres Nocioni
Eddie House
Patty Mills
Mike Miller
Hamed Haddadi

vnzla81
04-21-2011, 05:02 PM
So what? Love is in his 3rd year. Huge difference.

In Durant's 2nd year the Thunder improved a whopping 3 games. They didn't start actually winning until they got some talent around him.

Judging Love by Minnesota's record is beyond absurd.

Thank you, this is exactly how I feel about guys in losing teams, Monta,Al,Love,EJ, guys that are good players but is not their fault they are in a bad team.

ilive4sports
04-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Its certainly not their fault that their teams are losing, but it does inflate the stats a little, some more than others. With that said I think Kevin Love is a great PF. Not sure about top 15 player yet, but thats more because of his defense, which isn't absolutely Troy Murphy terrible, but it leaves a lot to desire.

Isaac
04-21-2011, 05:12 PM
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Amare Stoudemire
Carmelo Anthony
Steve Nash
Russell Westbrook
Pau Gasol
Manu Ginobili

pacers_heath
04-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Durant
Kobe
LeBron
Howard
Randolph
Wade
Amare
Dirk
Rose
Paul
Deron Williams
Carmelo
Roy Hibbert
Horford
Blake Griffin

good list but i'd replace roy hibbert for bruno sundov

Isaac
04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Steve Nash is still a top 15 player. He almost made the playoffs in the West with really a terrible supporting cast that would have competed for the worst record in the league even if they had a decent starting point.

S.R.E.C.A.P
04-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Put it this way. If you had to build around a particular player who you got Durant or love?

Yes love puts up godly stats but as of right now hes not a top tier player.

Heck i would even put LMA before love. Ultimately team record is usually a good measure of how a great player can help his team. You take lebron away from the Cavs they go from a 61 win to a 19 win team. you take love away from the wolves they would probably hover around same record.

Kstat
04-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Put it this way. If you had to build around a particular player who you got Durant or love?

...which would be relevant if we were putting together a top-5 list, and not top-15....

You take lebron away from the Cavs they go from a 61 win to a 19 win team.

....and Shaq...and Varejao...and Illgauskas....and Mo Williams.....

I love how people act like it's the exact same Cavs team as last year, minus LeBron. They lost 5 of their top 8 in the rotation from 2010, and Jamison was hurt half the season.

The exact same roster minus LeBron wins a lot more than 19 games. Nowhere near 61, but they'd compete for a playoff spot.

TinManJoshua
04-21-2011, 05:32 PM
...which would be relevant if we were putting together a top-5 list, and not top-15....

I love how people act like it's the exact same Cavs team as last year, minus LeBron. They lost 5 of their top 8 in the rotation from 2010, and Jamison was hurt half the season.

Jamison and Varejao being hurt killed them.

When you're relying on JJ Hickson and Ryan Hollins(You've heard of this guy, haven't you Kstat?) to be your paint presence you're not gonna win more than 30 games.

I would actually put Mo Williams in the scrubs category. He benefited from playing of Lebron, sure, but he couldn't step up and be the man. People complain about Danny not being a Batman, Mo shouldn't even be Aquaman. Once they traded him for Baron they were a different team. A team that could run sets and had a legit floor leader.

Kstat
04-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Mo's not a real PG, but he had his moments, and deserved to be an all-star in 2009. He's not a floor leader, but rebounded nicely in LA. He should have a nice stint on the Clips.

TinManJoshua
04-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Mo's not a real PG, but he had his moments, and deserved to be an all-star in 2009. He's not a floor leader, but rebounded nicely in LA. He should have a nice stint on the Clips.

Exactly. The problem was that he was asked to be something he's not in Cleveland. I don't consider him a terrible player, quite the contrary, but he responded horribly to being "the Man".

dohman
04-21-2011, 05:57 PM

The exact same roster minus LeBron wins a lot more than 19 games. Nowhere near 61, but they'd compete for a playoff spot.

Really? Do you really think having varejao and illgauskas would equal 20 more wins for the cavs? I think shaq would agree he did nothing at all in clevland other than make things harder on lebron.

Kstat
04-21-2011, 06:01 PM
The Cavs went from a very big team to a very small one when they lost Shaq, Z and Varejao. The strength of that team was its interior defense.

Shaq and Jamison both got in LeBron's way, but without him they would have been bigger factors.

dohman
04-21-2011, 06:06 PM
The Cavs went from a very big team to a very small one when they lost Shaq, Z and Varejao. The strength of that team was its interior defense.

Shaq and Jamison both got in LeBron's way, but without him they would have been bigger factors.

Shaq is what 39? Everytime he steps on the court he hurts himself. No way he lasts a 82 game season.

I dont think jamison is far behind him either.