PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy

esabyrn333
04-21-2011, 09:18 AM
He seems to be falling out of favor in Portland, Do you guys think he could be the SG & Closer we have been looking for?

Maybe trade for him in Oden for something.

Do you think his Knee problems are just going to get worse?

Is his Contract just not worth the risk?

Unclebuck
04-21-2011, 09:24 AM
From what I have heard he'll never regain his athleticism and will probably only be able to play a couple more seasons.

I don't know where you are getting the information that he is falling out of favor in portland, I think they love him there.

BRushWithDeath
04-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Brandon Roy was unequivocally one of my favorite players in the league. And a couple years ago I would have done anything to have him on the Pacers.

But he's not the same player anymore.

dohman
04-21-2011, 09:44 AM
From what I have heard he'll never regain his athleticism and will probably only be able to play a couple more seasons.

I don't know where you are getting the information that he is falling out of favor in portland, I think they love him there.

He had a big interview where he said he almost cried over not getting playing time and that he has not spoken to his coach in quite some time.

pacer4ever
04-21-2011, 09:50 AM
No he is never gonna be the same again. His knee is fuked. He would be so much over paid because his knee.

daschysta
04-21-2011, 10:09 AM
He is now one of the worst, if not the worst contract in the league.

He's never going to be even a shell of his former player.

He was great once, but this would be the absolute worst possible way to spend our long awaited for capspace.

Trader Joe
04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
It's pretty sad what has happened to Roy.

As much as I loved him coming out of college, now I would have to pass. Hopefully, he can recover from this and maybe get to being a Grant HIll type player.

Kid Minneapolis
04-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Why is his knee that bad? I've never heard anything other than he injured it but never heard of it being anything more than standard therapy... someone enlighten me.

Trophy
04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
His knee really ruined his career unfortunately.

He seemed like a top player in this league and was a constant All-Star.

At least for Portland, it's not holding them back.

jcouts
04-21-2011, 11:44 AM
He essentially has no meniscus left in his knee, which, basically stated is the cartilage padding that keeps the bone on the top of the knee from coming into direct contact with the bone on the bottom of the knee. If it's not there, you get direct bone on bone contact and a lot of pain.

He's had a few surgeries periodically to try to smooth out the edges of the bones that are in contact to lessen the abrasiveness, but they're going to inevitably continue to come into contact with one another after a period of use.

He even entertained the idea of experimental meniscal transplants, but it was ruled out for now. Meniscal transplants can be done, but at this point in time they're not really guaranteed to work for anyone whose daily life involves more than casual movement. Retired athletes will often seek it out, but not active athletes.

At the most though, even that would only buy him probably 3 more years in the league, and it would still be a risk to whoever signed him.

I do believe that Marshall Faulk had this same surgery after he retired from football.