PDA

View Full Version : Hansbrough, Boozer talking it up

90'sNBARocked
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/4454/hansbrough-boozer-talking-it-up

By Mark Montieth

Carlos Boozer and Tyler Hansbrough received double technical fouls in Game 2.
INDIANAPOLIS -- One of the more intriguing -- and potentially adversarial -- match-ups in the Bulls-Pacers Eastern Conference quartefinal series has been between Bulls forward Carlos Boozer and the Pacers' Tyler Hansbrough.

Hansbrough outscored Boozer 22-12 in Game 1. Boozer bounced back with 17 points and 16 rebounds in Game 2 while Hansbrough hit just 2-of-12 shots and scored six points as the Bulls took a 2-0 series lead.

They were called for a double-technical foul in Game 2.

"It seemed like he wanted to talk a little more [in Game2] than [Game 1]," Hansbrough said Wednesday. "That's the way it is in the league."

Hansbrough declined to relate specifics of their conversation, although he confirmed it was about current events rather than their college rivalry. Boozer attended Duke while Hansbrough went to North Carolina.

"I'm not going to repeat anything; you'd have to use a lot of bleeps and then there wouldn't be much to say," Hansbrough said. "You try to limit [responses], but sometimes you get frustrated and slip up and say something you shouldn't have

Ty , I swear I'll give you a "C note" of my own money if you get at least one hard tech on Boozer

90'sNBARocked
04-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Boozer you are a all-star...... Hansbrough is Hansbrough. We don't talk to scrubs during the game. You can't be rivaling with someone who is not on your level. It's pathetic almost.
RealGM Bulls Board

:)

90'sNBARocked
04-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Boozer is fake. And a pussy. I can't wait until he meets up with KG. He'll poop his pants.

or will he......

"Pacers pull of stunning upset, knock off Bulls in first round"

:)

Doddage
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Why did you delete your post O'Braindead? It was the truth.

KingGeorge
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Boozer is an overrated **** who runs his mouth too much. :censored:

O'Braindead
04-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Why did you delete your post O'Braindead? It was the truth.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Didn't want to get an infraction or anything. But it's too late its quoted.

Sandman21
04-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Tyler just has to say two words in Boozer: AJ. Moye.

KingGeorge
04-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Tyler just has to say two words in Boozer: AJ. Moye.

MDJ and Dahanty Jones were on that team too.

I wonder how they feel about Boozer?

TMJ31
04-20-2011, 09:05 PM
What was really funny was the "NBA Cares" commercial featuring Boozer talking about how he loves being a role model for kids and how much fulfillment he gets from making their day.

I am pretty sure I sprained my cornea muscles my eyes rolled so hard.

This guy is as much a role model as is Kobe.

Punk, pure and simple.

Whoever that Bulls fan was who thinks Tyler is a "scrub" compared to Boozer, well... I want whatever HE is having...

dal9
04-20-2011, 09:12 PM
MDJ and Dahanty Jones were on that team too.

I wonder how they feel about Boozer?

2002 IU vs. Duke Starting Lineups (Sweet Sixteen)

Jarred Jeffries---Mike Dunleavy
Kyle Hornsby---Danthay Jones
Jarrad Odle---Carlos Boozer
Dane Fife---Jay Williams
Tom Coverdale---Chris Duhon

...and people say Mike Davis can't coach...Duke's is as impressive of a starting five as I can remember...

Eleazar
04-20-2011, 09:47 PM

Dane Fife---Jay Williams

...and people say Mike Davis can't coach...Duke's is as impressive of a starting five as I can remember...

There are two aspects of coaching in college. Recruiting and actual coaching. Davis wasn't much of a recruiter.

itzryan07
04-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Boozer is fake. Hansbrough ain't scared of no one. Hansbrough will be a better player than boozer in the future

hoosierguy
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Boozer is a candy *** masquerading as a tough guy.

Hansbrough is the real deal.

As mentioned in another thread, I miss Dale Davis. That man scares Satan.

Trader Joe
04-20-2011, 10:27 PM
http://www.iusportcom.com/drupal/sites/default/files/34034260QroLDl_ph.jpg

Get some *****.

TheDon
04-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Kevin Garnett is a wuss too, Kev is a big tough guy till he deals with someone his own size. Pacers4Ever had a good video he had posted a while back that documented how tough Kev actually is.

Sandman21
04-20-2011, 11:23 PM
I know AJ has had a rough six months or so, but it'd be nice to have him in the house tomorrow amongst a legion of killer clowns..... :D

Ransom
04-21-2011, 12:06 AM
It is sortof funny that everyone keep speaking about the Duke/NC thing even though we have 3 Dukies on our team (I'm a rarity in that I'm not a Duke fan don't actually hate them).

It'd be funnier if Josh McRoberts and Boozer got into it :)

NewEra
04-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Boozer b*#$&!* more than lance stephensons girlfriend

presto123
04-21-2011, 12:42 AM

Dane Fife---Jay Williams

Nice to keep my avatar in the conversation here:) Too bad Tom is so slow or he could be in the league as well. One of the best passers I've ever seen.

15th parallel
04-21-2011, 01:36 AM
It is sortof funny that everyone keep speaking about the Duke/NC thing even though we have 3 Dukies on our team (I'm a rarity in that I'm not a Duke fan don't actually hate them).

It'd be funnier if Josh McRoberts and Boozer got into it :)

I would like to see Josh giving a good, hard foul on Boozer, and see how he'll react. :D

Constellations
04-21-2011, 01:44 AM
I would like to see Josh giving a good, hard foul on Boozer, and see how he'll react. :D

I honestly believe J Mac would whoop Boozer's a$$. BAD.

CircleCity3318
04-21-2011, 01:49 AM
I think Hansbrough comes up big tomorrow night in front the rocking crowd of Conseco.

KingGeorge
04-21-2011, 02:03 AM
I think Hansbrough comes up big tomorrow night in front the rocking crowd of Conseco.

Hansbrough coming off a bad game in a must-win situation with home court advantage. He lives for this stuff.

Boozer won't be saying much tomorrow. :)

mattie
04-21-2011, 02:39 AM
Nice to keep my avatar in the conversation here:) Too bad Tom is so slow or he could be in the league as well. One of the best passers I've ever seen.

and shooter. Dude could nail it from half court.

Midcoasted
04-21-2011, 02:59 AM
What was really funny was the "NBA Cares" commercial featuring Boozer talking about how he loves being a role model for kids and how much fulfillment he gets from making their day.

I am pretty sure I sprained my cornea muscles my eyes rolled so hard.

This guy is as much a role model as is Kobe.

Punk, pure and simple.

Whoever that Bulls fan was who thinks Tyler is a "scrub" compared to Boozer, well... I want whatever HE is having...

Funny thing is a year ago eveyone on here would say your were crazy for thinking Hansbrough is better than Boozer. Maybe some people still think that way today, but I'd take Hansbrough over Boozer 10 times out of 10 at PF.

TMJ31
04-21-2011, 03:02 AM
Funny thing is a year ago eveyone on here would say your were crazy for thinking Hansbrough is better than Boozer. Maybe some people still think that way today, but I'd take Hansbrough over Boozer 10 times out of 10 at PF.

Yep. No contest.

Pacemaker
04-21-2011, 06:02 AM
Hansbrough is a beast !!!

BRushWithDeath
04-21-2011, 07:54 AM
I think Boozer is fake tough and almost as big of a fraud as Garnett is but come on. He's still a lot better than Hansbrough. Maybe it is possible that Hansbrough gets to his level one day but right now, it isn't close.

DaveP63
04-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Hansbrough coming off a bad game in a must-win situation with home court advantage. He lives for this stuff.

Boozer won't be saying much tomorrow. :)

I bet he'll still run his yap...Until Tyler starts dropping shots on him...

Haywoode Workman
04-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Boozer b*#$&!* more than lance stephensons girlfriend

whooooaaa too soon bro

Anthem
04-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I like Hans more than Boozer, and I think we've got a bright future with him, but let's be honest.

Swap Boozer and Hans in Game 2 and we win it going away.

TMJ31
04-21-2011, 01:11 PM
I like Hans more than Boozer, and I think we've got a bright future with him, but let's be honest.

Perhaps, but swap Boozer and Hans in Game 1 and they win by about 30 instead of a controversial 5.

Midcoasted
04-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Sorry if Boozer was on our team he would not get away with half of the calls he gets away with.

TMJ is right, Chicago would be scary good with Hansbrough. Boozer would make us no better. I think Anthem and BRush are losing their minds if they think Boozer is better than Psycho T. Even Webber had alot of love for the guy.

Sure maybe Boozer can put up better stats right now, but stats are empty. We take the Bulls without Rose 4-0 and it wouldn't be pretty for Chicago. Give Hans a point like Rose to feed off of....

All I can say is I'm not shocked Pacers fans would show up declaring Boozer better. :laugh:

dohman
04-21-2011, 03:45 PM
we should start a pay-pal fund that tyler hansbrough can collect. Get every forum member to donate 1-5 dollars to give to tyler for the first hard flagrant he puts on boozer.

:box:

BigDawg44
04-21-2011, 04:09 PM

Dane Fife---Jay Williams

I dont think that was Mike's coaching....a lot of those players had 2-3 years under Knight then Davis just let them play more free...they still had the fundamentals that Coach Knight instilled...plus that was a high bball IQ team...I think the players would have made that run with Coverdale as their coach....but thats not the point of this thread.

Anthem
04-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I think Anthem and BRush are losing their minds if they think Boozer is better than Psycho T.
That's not what I said. I said that if you swapped Boozer and Tyler, we'd have won Game 2.

I don't see how that's even debatable... Boozer had 17pts (6-12) and 16 rebounds (5/11). Tyler had 6pts (2-12) and 6reb (2/4).

PacerHound
04-21-2011, 04:25 PM

Yes, and swap Boozer and Hans in Game 1 and Chicago wins without a problem. Just depends on the night.

pacer4ever
04-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Sorry if Boozer was on our team he would not get away with half of the calls he gets away with.

TMJ is right, Chicago would be scary good with Hansbrough. Boozer would make us no better. I think Anthem and BRush are losing their minds if they think Boozer is better than Psycho T. Even Webber had alot of love for the guy.

Sure maybe Boozer can put up better stats right now, but stats are empty. We take the Bulls without Rose 4-0 and it wouldn't be pretty for Chicago. Give Hans a point like Rose to feed off of....

All I can say is I'm not shocked Pacers fans would show up declaring Boozer better. :laugh:

:wtf2:
first this is crazy saying Hans is better than Boozer and 2nd he got thoes calls in Utah he would get them here.

Anthem
04-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes, and swap Boozer and Hans in Game 1 and Chicago wins without a problem. Just depends on the night.
A fair point. But that means that, at best, you could say Tyler is (currently) Boozer's equal.

And that's not a slam for a guy who missed his rookie season and didn't get quality minutes for most of this year. I think Tyler's future (and present) is bright. I'm just saying that the "Hans is clearly the superior player" meme is a bit overstated.

JEM
04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
The only thing that separates Hansbrough and Boozer right now is consistency. At their best I would take Hansbrough over Boozer.

...I would take Hansbrough anyway because I have never cared for Boozer.