PDA

View Full Version : Darren Collison's ankle is "Feeling real good"

O'Braindead
04-20-2011, 04:05 PM
IamD2C Darren Collison
Ankle is feeling real good!!
4 minutes ago

Great news. Hopefully he's not just saying that, as Vogel said earlier today on the radio that he is doubtful.

Do you all think that he will be able to play tomorrow? I hope.

Trader Joe
04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Don't think Vogel isn't enjoying playing with the Bulls a little bit. Believe it or not there is a change in our offense when Price subs in for DC and Vogel is probably trying to keep the Bulls as off kilter as he can.

Pacers4Life
04-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Don't think Vogel isn't enjoying playing with the Bulls a little bit. Believe it or not there is a change in our offense when Price subs in for DC and Vogel is probably trying to keep the Bulls as off kilter as he can.

Kudos for using the phrase off kilter.. Under appreciated IMO..

Good post as well.. Interesting to think about.. I think he is messing with them a little bit.. :devil:

90'sNBARocked
04-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Can we resign Dale Davis just for the playoffs, with the sole purpose being to slap the taste out of Boozer's mouth

DD can show him how a real tough guy acts

not a studio tough guy

TMJ31
04-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Can we resign Dale Davis just for the playoffs, with the sole purpose being to slap the taste out of Boozer's mouth

I miss DD so, so very badly indeed right now.

focused444
04-20-2011, 04:51 PM
I think he's gonna play, but that is based only off of this tweet. My logic is I wouldn't say that if I wasn't gonna play.

Eleazar
04-20-2011, 07:07 PM
I know he will be capable of playing, the only question is how well will he play with a bad ankle. If he wants to play he will need to get out there during warm ups and really work at getting it loose and ready. Whenever he is on the bench he will need to be moving or doing something with his foot. Usually you can play through that sort of sprain and be fine as long as you stay active and keep it loose. Too much rest will just cause it to tighten up and make it difficult for him to play at a high level.

rock747
04-20-2011, 07:33 PM
I kind of believe Vogel said that because he wants the Bulls to think he might not play. The day he was named coach he said he wouldn't go into what changes were goign to be made because he didn't want to alert the Pacer's oppenents. (that comment was followed by laughter)

imawhat
04-20-2011, 07:50 PM
I hope he tweeted that while resting, icing his ankle with compression, elevated above his head.

itzryan07
04-20-2011, 07:52 PM

exactly what im thinking

Scot Pollard
04-20-2011, 07:59 PM
So he's good to go!? :pray:

D0NT SH0OT ME
04-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Like Eleazar said, it's not a matter of whether he will be able to play or not, but how of how well he will be able to play. I have terrible ankles, have sprained each of them 10+ times, and know from experience that you can play on even the most severely sprained ankles. Once you get them taped up tight enough you lose almost all feeling in your ankles. The problem is that physically you are not at 100% due to the tear itself along with the swelling, so you do not have full mobility. I do not think the sprain was that severe (based off the video), so I would expect Collison to play and not be overly affected by the injury.

Brad8888
04-20-2011, 08:18 PM
I hope he tweeted that while resting, icing his ankle with compression, elevated above his head.

Hopefully the trainers have provided him with a cryocuff with the attached cooler and a bedside commode and somebody to keep the ice and commode changed out as needed as well as providing him with his meals in bed...

Eleazar
04-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Like Eleazar said, it's not a matter of whether he will be able to play or not, but how of how well he will be able to play. I have terrible ankles, have sprained each of them 10+ times, and know from experience that you can play on even the most severely sprained ankles. Once you get them taped up tight enough you lose almost all feeling in your ankles. The problem is that physically you are not at 100% due to the tear itself along with the swelling, so you do not have full mobility. I do not think the sprain was that severe (based off the video), so I would expect Collison to play and not be overly affected by the injury.

I know exactly how it is for Collison right now. My sophomore year of high school I sprained my ankle in practice two days before our first game, and from the looks of it it was about the same if not worse than Collison's. After a short break I walked it off and was able to continue to practice, wasn't much time left in practice anyway. The next day though it was swollen at least to baseball size if not softball, so I couldn't practice. The following day was a Sunday so no practice, then on Monday I taped it up and after I got used to the tape I was able to play like normal.

The difference between Collison and me though is that speed an quickness are large parts of Collison's game, for me on the other hand though I was more like Bender or George where my height and athleticism was a big mismatch. I was either too tall for the SF guarding me, or too athletic for the PF. Now that I think about it I played a really similar role as George does.

Day-V
04-20-2011, 10:13 PM

DD can show him how a real tough guy acts

not a studio tough guy

I thanked your post for the sole reason that it said "Dale Davis".

graphic-er
04-20-2011, 10:52 PM
I think he will be fine, he was running on it after halftime. Just hurt too much, but he was running.

Constellations
04-20-2011, 11:44 PM

I have to be honest, and I don't wanna jinx anything, but based off the video is a good conclusion to draw. For DC to not play killed him. For his work ethic and competitiveness, to not be able to play it must have been painful enough for him. But like I said, he could have also been playing the more safe than sorry card.

Which I appreciate, I'd rather have my PG out for half a game, than aggravating it and being out for the rest of the series.

BPump33
04-21-2011, 11:06 AM
MikeWellsNBA

Collison said it'll be a game time decision, but believes he'll play tonight