PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Pacers PR Staff!

naptownmenace
04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
The Pacers PR Staff have been honored by the Professional Basketball Writers Association for combining excellence in their field and cooperation with the media. They won the Brian McIntyre Award.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Anc_6yLWAgxRMALZLaDmNLPTjdIF?slug=ap-pbwaawards

TORONTO (AP)—Former Utah coach Jerry Sloan, Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant(notes), and the Indiana Pacers’ media relations department have been honored by the Professional Basketball Writers Association for combining excellence in their field and cooperation with the media.

Sloan, who retired this season, was unanimously chosen Wednesday as the winner of the inaugural Rudy Tomjanovich award, recognized for his helpfulness during his 23-year, Hall of Fame career.

Durant, the NBA’s scoring champion, won the Magic Johnson award, given to a player whose on-court performance is complemented by his willingness to assist the media. He beat out San Antonio’s Manu Ginobili(notes), Philadelphia’s Elton Brand(notes) and Chicago’s Derrick Rose(notes).

The Pacers’ staff, comprised of director David Benner, manager Krissy Myers and assistant Tim Edwards, won the Brian McIntyre award, named for the NBA’s longtime public relations chief who is now a senior adviser to Commissioner David Stern.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:citizenkane:

Speed
04-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Maybe Reggie could call Benner and cuss him out as a congratulations.

duke dynamite
04-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Props.

Roaming Gnome
04-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Maybe Reggie could call Benner and cuss him out as a congratulations.

Thanks, now I have to clean the pop that just spit all over my laptop from the sudden laughter this just caused me!

As a side note, it does seem like everything that PS&E does is on a very first class level from dealing with many of the ticket reps to securing other events with others in the PR dept.

Pat on the back is well deserved!